New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [FONT="Courier New"]
    "Hey, we've got suits like that. Not quite that, uh, powerful. Yeah, it's comin' back to me," Dexter thumbs his chin slowly, as he does everything else. "Y'know, Andy, you should show that to Maxwell. Might help." Dexter sips his coffee, clearly not caring one way or the other.
    Andy looks up a bit confused.

"And who is he? Some kind of Leading Sience Professor or so?"

After all he hasn't met him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    The idea of submitting to modifications is... not something the Centurion looks fondly at. That is the primary reason it didn't join the Remnant; they wanted to install a safety program that would have forced it to be unable to harm Remnant personnel. It didn't appreciate the thought of having a device that hindered its capabilities then, and won't like one now. It will probably be willing to make a compromise and undergo modification so long as its mental state and capabilities remain untouched, though. It will follow codes of conduct without complaint as long as a device isn't used to make sure the code is enforced.

The fact that the Auditor used the word "subjugation" is troubling, though. The Centurion reasons that if the recorder was turned off, the Auditor probably does not want the company to know what it said, so it will avoid mentioning it. But it's curiosity as to what exactly this code of conduct entails has been sparked. More details about the rules and requirements are necessary before submission. As are the details of the modifications. Please state occupational parameters."
    "AI's created by the Consortium are typically considered the Consortium's property. As the Consortium's property, they can be used and controlled in any means the Board sees fit. Destroyed, if deigned necessary," the Auditor explains coldly. All the while, the security personnel look on, listening to every word. That cut in the recording was... suspicious, to say the least, and they'll need to have a talk with Auditor Patricia.

"AI's that apply for a job are considered 'human', and have most of the same rights as such. However, you will be subject to increased monitoring, including installation of clinic-exclusive recording devices and a secondary guard to watch you at all times. You will be expected to submit to random security tests, ensuring that your CPU is not accessing restricted data. You will be subject to further modifications to ensure this does not occur."

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Naitiri's Office]
    She nods again.
    I will pursue all possible sources, sir.

She already is thinking of how to word her message to Tina so as not to raise suspicion or objection; she hopes to do this as cleanly as possible, and unwise wording could land her with no information and a person with a grudge against her, and possibly cause Tina to forewarn Evan.
    ((Say Beans, I think we need a post from you in Watch))

"There was something else, Vesa. I know the Board has designated Naitiri as your new supervisor, but I want to ask a favor of you," Maxwell speaks discreetly, out loud rather than telepathically so as to avoid eavesdroppers. There might be a camera in other rooms, sure, but those tapes can be erased easier than someone's memories. "I want you to keep an eye on the clinic. Watch for... abnormalities. With Tina backing this project, Naitiri has an awful lot of independence." He can't be too careful. "And more importantly, keep an eye on the outside. Walk around a bit. Look for magical people. The Board would be very grateful if you could capture a live wizard without repercussions from local law enforcement." Perhaps an evil one that nobody will miss. "Do you understand?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-10 at 04:43 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy looks up a bit confused.

"And who is he? Some kind of Leading Sience Professor or so?"

After all he hasn't met him.
    "Nobody told you? He's a Board member. In charge of the whole Frontier. Getting him interested... well, people have made a lot of money," Dexter shrugs his broad shoulders, speaking slowly and placidly per usual. "Just saying."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

((Say Beans, I think we need a post from you in Watch))

"There was something else, Vesa. I know the Board has designated Naitiri as your new supervisor, but I want to ask a favor of you," Maxwell speaks discreetly, out loud rather than telepathically so as to avoid eavesdroppers. There might be a camera in other rooms, sure, but those tapes can be erased easier than someone's memories. "I want you to keep an eye on the clinic. Watch for... abnormalities. With Tina backing this project, Naitiri has an awful lot of independence." He can't be too careful. "And more importantly, keep an eye on the outside. Walk around a bit. Look for magical people. The Board would be very grateful if you could capture a live wizard without repercussions from local law enforcement." Perhaps an evil one that nobody will miss. "Do you understand?"
    Vesa nods slightly.
    I will remain vigilant on both those subjects and will act swiftly and decisively when the time arises.
    I must ask, though: does the situation change if a magic-using individual is willing to work with us of their own accord?

She notes that in the former issue, her frightening appearance may deter potential troublemakers. As to the second issue, it seems to her somewhat safer to work with magic-users cooperatively rather than kidnapping one.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Around]

Evan is here, wandering about the Lobby and Browse. If anybody wanted to, I don't know, come up and talk to him, they'd be perfectly allowed to do so. After all, most people would consider his odd appearance in this place the result of augs, so the skittish may decide he's someone to talk to about them.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #36

"Didn't know that. where could I find that?"

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Around]

Evan is here, wandering about the Lobby and Browse. If anybody wanted to, I don't know, come up and talk to him, they'd be perfectly allowed to do so. After all, most people would consider his odd appearance in this place the result of augs, so the skittish may decide he's someone to talk to about them.
    "Sir?" Calls one of the all-female Sec clones. While the headset is less than subtle, an earpiece still allows Evan to walk around without drawing attention. "We just had an Auditor cut for about six seconds." Auditors were mentioned in passing during Evan's orientation, at least. Whether or not he was paying attention is debatable. "You want us to check it out?"

Vesa nods slightly.
    I will remain vigilant on both those subjects and will act swiftly and decisively when the time arises.
    I must ask, though: does the situation change if a magic-using individual is willing to work with us of their own accord?

She notes that in the former issue, her frightening appearance may deter potential troublemakers. As to the second issue, it seems to her somewhat safer to work with magic-users cooperatively rather than kidnapping one.
    "By all means, let them join. But the Board wants a mage under the knife, and that's what the Board gets. If one signs on, either get them to cooperate or find someone else," Maxwell orders, rather vaguely. "Magic, Vesa. Elexxion must discover this first, one way or another." Can't have competition stealing their 'discovery'.

"Didn't know that. where could I find that?"
    "He's upstairs somewhere," Dexter pauses, checking his neural uplink. "Talking to a Revenant."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Around]

Evan moves to one of the less congested areas of the clinic "Yes, take a look." Evan says. He doesn't like the thught of something having happened to the Auditors, since they covered communications, "Give me a sit-rep once you've checked it out."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"By all means, let them join. But the Board wants a mage under the knife, and that's what the Board gets. If one signs on, either get them to cooperate or find someone else," Maxwell orders, rather vaguely. "Magic, Vesa. Elexxion must discover this first, one way or another." Can't have competition stealing their 'discovery'.
    Vesa nods.
    Understood, sir.
    I believe I will begin with the gathering of information on Evanasgrix, as that seems most urgent---unless you disagree, of course.

She opens her suit's internal computer setup, beginning a text document for her message to Tina.
    Will he be kept uninformed of the... event?
    She's got nothing against the guy, but hey---big boss man says beat his face in, you start weighing your sledgehammers---and making sure not to drop any in case the other guy happens to hear the noise.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

[Around]

Evan moves to one of the less congested areas of the clinic "Yes, take a look." Evan says. He doesn't like the thught of something having happened to the Auditors, since they covered communications, "Give me a sit-rep once you've checked it out."
    There's a few moments of silence, and then a brief, heated exchange of words. Someone forgot to turn off comms, but it does help put things in perspective.

"Sir, she's claiming there was no breach in recording. That it's receiving error from Nexus radiation. What do you want to do?"

Vesa nods.
    Understood, sir.
    I believe I will begin with the gathering of information on Evanasgrix, as that seems most urgent---unless you disagree, of course.

She opens her suit's internal computer setup, beginning a text document for her message to Tina.
    Will he be kept uninformed of the... event?
    She's got nothing against the guy, but hey---big boss man says beat his face in, you start weighing your sledgehammers---and making sure not to drop any in case the other guy happens to hear the noise.
    "You're free to carry out my orders as you see fit," Maxwell says. That command offers an awful lot of power and freedom to Vesa, compared to her usual orders. "And... yes. Keep it from him, for now. And make sure Naitiri doesn't tell him either, if you can."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Naitiri's Office]
    Vesa nods.
    Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
    She bows her head, already considering the various angles to come at the whole situation from. She decides that when this meeting has finished, she'll continue thinking while she runs a patrol of the building and facilities.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

[Offices]

"Excellent. Thank you, Vesa," Maxwell gives her another complimentary clap on the shoulder. With that, he starts to turn away, saying, "My stylists will be in touch. I'm sure you'll see their arrival. They're very noticeable people." And then he walks off down the hall, unless Vesa needs anything from him.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Around]

Evan frowns. That's never good.

"I want a check run on the various systems to see what was hit by this radiation. See what stopped working, how long it lasted, and what was still working. Make sure we know what was sent out during the time we had the breach. I'll be there in a moment."

Evan starts walking in the direction of the source of the anomaly, shadows coming in from the walls to settle on his outfit, which transforms it into a more dignified outfit; fit for a head of security to be wearing. Formal, yet capable of being maneuvered in if necessary, It appears to be a loose suit with the jacket open and a pinstiped shirt underneath. He's not looking to let Naitiri or any of the bigwigs have any amunition against him, so he's making himself presentable for their sakes.

The half-demon doesn't like this. Differences in occurence mean something either is going wrong, or someone's hiding something, and Evan has never really believed coincidence was something that happened naturally.

14. - Top - End - #44

"He's upstairs somewhere," Dexter pauses, checking his neural uplink. "Talking to a Revenant."
    Andy thinks a moment then graps the papers and put them together.

"Well, better than nothing I assume. Maybe he is done when I'm up."

With that he walks upstairs. Ok He could fly through walls but hey none knows that for now since he hasn't done it.^^

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

[Offices]

"Excellent. Thank you, Vesa," Maxwell gives her another complimentary clap on the shoulder. With that, he starts to turn away, saying, "My stylists will be in touch. I'm sure you'll see their arrival. They're very noticeable people." And then he walks off down the hall, unless Vesa needs anything from him.
    [Offices]
    She nods, then begins her patrol, hovering almost silently through the halls and rooms; she might run into someone if it is so wished.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

"AI's created by the Consortium are typically considered the Consortium's property. As the Consortium's property, they can be used and controlled in any means the Board sees fit. Destroyed, if deigned necessary," the Auditor explains coldly. All the while, the security personnel look on, listening to every word. That cut in the recording was... suspicious, to say the least, and they'll need to have a talk with Auditor Patricia.

"AI's that apply for a job are considered 'human', and have most of the same rights as such. However, you will be subject to increased monitoring, including installation of clinic-exclusive recording devices and a secondary guard to watch you at all times. You will be expected to submit to random security tests, ensuring that your CPU is not accessing restricted data. You will be subject to further modifications to ensure this does not occur."
    Oh. So this is another false paradise. The promotion of organic supremacy might not be as blatant here as it was in the Twelve Colonies, but this definitely isn't the safe haven the Centurion thought it would be. Its worried about Auditor Patricia, though.

"Two more inquiries before terms and conditions are accepted; Are Auditors counted as hired workers or Consortium property? What are their place in the Consortium's hierarchy?"
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #47

[Around]

Evan frowns. That's never good.

"I want a check run on the various systems to see what was hit by this radiation. See what stopped working, how long it lasted, and what was still working. Make sure we know what was sent out during the time we had the breach. I'll be there in a moment."

Evan starts walking in the direction of the source of the anomaly, shadows coming in from the walls to settle on his outfit, which transforms it into a more dignified outfit; fit for a head of security to be wearing. Formal, yet capable of being maneuvered in if necessary, It appears to be a loose suit with the jacket open and a pinstiped shirt underneath. He's not looking to let Naitiri or any of the bigwigs have any amunition against him, so he's making himself presentable for their sakes.

The half-demon doesn't like this. Differences in occurence mean something either is going wrong, or someone's hiding something, and Evan has never really believed coincidence was something that happened naturally.
    "That's just it sir, the Auditor blacked out. Completely. Those six seconds are just... nothing. There's no record that the time passed at all. No cameras on her, no voice recording, no text transmits. The connection between the Auditor and the Core was severed," the clone says, genuinely disturbed by this. In a world where the computers may as well work like magic, it's generally a bad sign when you lose data. "We've only encountered this two ways, sir. The Auditor cutting out on her own, or the rads coming off a new planet."

Andy thinks a moment then graps the papers and put them together.

"Well, better than nothing I assume. Maybe he is done when I'm up."

With that he walks upstairs. Ok He could fly through walls but hey none knows that for now since he hasn't done it.^^
    Maxwell is indeed done, and Andy manages to catch him as he's exiting an elevator in the lobby. The machine man in the snappy, otherworldly suit peers at him imperiously. "Is there something I can help you with?"

[Offices]
    She nods, then begins her patrol, hovering almost silently through the halls and rooms; she might run into someone if it is so wished.
    And so she wanders! It is much the same as always - people stare, people wonder. People avoid her in the hallway. But then there's the customers. They're... different. They look at her like they saw the same thing yesterday. They nod. The children stare in wonder.

In fact, if she doesn't stop it happening, one of the dirty homeless girls will get herself tangled in Vesa's tentacles. She giggles and puts one on her head, climbing through them like a spider-monkey. Her mother's fast approaching, as well, trying to catch up with the playful tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Oh. So this is another false paradise. The promotion of organic supremacy might not be as blatant here as it was in the Twelve Colonies, but this definitely isn't the safe haven the Centurion thought it would be. Its worried about Auditor Patricia, though.

"Two more inquiries before terms and conditions are accepted; Are Auditors counted as hired workers or Consortium property? What are their place in the Consortium's hierarchy?"
    "These inquiries are... irrelevant, 876," There! Again, the hesitation! She must be human, by some measure - a machine wouldn't hesitate, as the Cylon very well knows. Another hint follows while she says, "I cannot discuss those topics. Do you accept our terms?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wandering]
    Vesa notices the little girl tangled in her Sensacles and slows, descending gently to the ground and trying to carefully remove the child from the strands.
    I would not advise that, child. These are precision instruments and unwise activity with or around them could lead to accidental injury.
    If she can get a hold of her, she gently tries to take her from the Sensacles and place her feet-first on the ground.
    I believe that is your mother approaching. Please return to her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

[Where the Auditors Are]

As Evan walks, he says, "Then I'm coming down there to run my own test. just a moment."

He'll be there soon, walking with purpose for anybody that cares to see. Once he arrives, he'll ask the Auditor to hold still for a moment before resting his hand on her forehead, and checking for traces of magic left over in her.

20. - Top - End - #50

Assuming Dexter told him that Maxwell is not a human, Andy might notice him. Otherwise He won't but that's not so important right now.

"Yeah. I got a project and I searches for a power source with some special abilities. Non of the sources I know were able to fullfill the task and Dexter told me that you might help me."

I'm still not sure is maxwell only leader of a part of this Org or of the whole.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My. He is useful. I think we'll put you to use right away, Zero," Naitiri says with a smug smile. Just then, one of her orderlies returns, apparently told through his cyber-brain connection get more gold. A large sack of gold - about a hundred ounces - is dumped beside Jane. "There's your first payment."
    EIAC - JN
    Jane smiled at the gold. Oh man...making money was such a feeling of euphoria for her that she couldn't describe it in words.
    Zero smiles at Nitiri.
    "Yay! Testing!"
    Zero is just...weird
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #52

[Wandering]
    Vesa notices the little girl tangled in her Sensacles and slows, descending gently to the ground and trying to carefully remove the child from the strands.
    I would not advise that, child. These are precision instruments and unwise activity with or around them could lead to accidental injury.
    If she can get a hold of her, she gently tries to take her from the Sensacles and place her feet-first on the ground.
    I believe that is your mother approaching. Please return to her.
    Vesa can quite easily get hold of the girl. She doesn't seem to mind, either - she laughs at the harness's bulbous headpiece. "Okay." As her mother catches up, looking at Vesa apologetically, the girl asks, "How come you look like a jellyfish?"

"Heidi! Don't bother the nice people. You shouldn't ask things like that," the mother says, grabbing Heidi's shoulder and looking up at Vesa. "I'm so sorry. She's never seen a place like this before."

[Where the Auditors Are]

As Evan walks, he says, "Then I'm coming down there to run my own test. just a moment."

He'll be there soon, walking with purpose for anybody that cares to see. Once he arrives, he'll ask the Auditor to hold still for a moment before resting his hand on her forehead, and checking for traces of magic left over in her.
    When Evan arrives in the Core, Auditor Patricia is loudly telling the Sec team to shove off. The other Auditors look like they're ignoring the exchange, but the unease can be read in their faces.

Patricia looks at Evan angrily. She has a light accent, British maybe. "It was six seconds, pal. Neural scan won't do anything." A neural scan is what she thinks Evan's doing. He'll find no trace of magical radiation anywhere near her.

Assuming Dexter told him that Maxwell is not a human, Andy might notice him. Otherwise He won't but that's not so important right now.

"Yeah. I got a project and I searches for a power source with some special abilities. Non of the sources I know were able to fullfill the task and Dexter told me that you might help me."

I'm still not sure is maxwell only leader of a part of this Org or of the whole.
    Dexter projected Maxwell's likeness in a hologram for him, I suppose. He's very distinctive.

"Dexter. Yes, I might be able to help," The machine-man holds out his hand to Andy, expecting some sort of offering that he can examine. "I have to see the project first, Mr. Emeral." With a brain like Maxwell's, employee rosters are instantly available. "I assume you've got some quaint blueprints I can look at?"

EIAC - Labs

"Indeed. What does he... eat, Jane?" Naitiri looks at the blob with a confused expression. They've got nothing like that here.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-12 at 05:23 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #53

EIAC - Labs
    "Suprisingly enough...everything a normal person. Exact same serving sizes and everything."
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Vesa can quite easily get hold of the girl. She doesn't seem to mind, either - she laughs at the harness's bulbous headpiece. "Okay." As her mother catches up, looking at Vesa apologetically, the girl asks, "How come you look like a jellyfish?"

"Heidi! Don't bother the nice people. You shouldn't ask things like that," the mother says, grabbing Heidi's shoulder and looking up at Vesa. "I'm so sorry. She's never seen a place like this before."
    Vesa reminds herself not to focus too many Sensacles' cameras on the mother; she's learned it scares people.
    No offense has been given, ma'am, do not worry. But please remind your daughter not to climb on moving mechanical objects; the danger present there is considerable.
    She looks down at the girl.
    I look like a jellyfish because of the Harness I am wearing, which was designed as such. Without it, I am... human. She decides not to give the full explanation on her real status.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

EIAC - Labs

"...Alright then. What are all his known applications? Do you have a list?" They have to start somewhere. "What sort of quarters would you like, Zero?" The second question is asked with a sweet, almost maternal smile. She's very caring when it comes to her investments.

Halls

"Of... of course," the mother says, confused. If this woman's human, why does she talk this way? "Let's go, Heidi. Leave the nice girl alone."

Heidi doesn't seem satisfied with this explanation, but she goes along with her mother anyway. The girl waves at Vesa before she goes.

A sharp, much more mature voice interrupts whatever thoughts were drifting through Vesa's head. "Gods, what is wrong with these people?" The voice floats from the archway of the Escort store. No wonder Heidi's mom was in such a hurry to move on.

The voice itself belongs to a tall, lush blonde woman, dressed in a tight black suit that doesn't pass her thighs or shoulders. Her name, as Vesa should recall flawlessly, is Melody-23. Standard Escort model, built from scratch, far removed from a normal Rev. Home grown, flawless caramel-colored flesh, beach blonde hair, full figure, and an arsenal built into her arms that could kill twenty men. There are more like her inside - males, females, ambiguous creatures with porcelain skin and alien eyes.

Melody, specifically, is known for having a wicked sense of humor. Her brain-donor's personality rubbed off on her, and no matter how many patches they try, she's still as witty and cruel as ever. Works like the rest, just as diligently, so at this point the tech-heads have just stopped trying. She's advertised as 'Feisty', or at least that's the holo-label Vesa gets when she looks at her. How droll. "That kid looked ready to shove a quarter in and see if you'd give her a ride.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #56

EIAC - Labs
    "I can get you a list, yes. But I don't know how much good it'll do you. His body changes everyday. One day his secretions is a powerful pain medication, the other it's perfect for hair gel..."
    "Can I live in a normal person's room? With toys and stuff? Please? Can I?"
    He's kinda a child at heart.
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Core]

"Uh huh," Evan says, "Well, perhaps unluckily for you, that's not what I was doing. There's no evidence anywhere on you of any sort of magical residue, radiation or not. That means that what happened was orchestrated."

"Ladies? Take her away. We have reason to believe the good auditor is lying to us."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Halls

"Of... of course," the mother says, confused. If this woman's human, why does she talk this way? "Let's go, Heidi. Leave the nice girl alone."

Heidi doesn't seem satisfied with this explanation, but she goes along with her mother anyway. The girl waves at Vesa before she goes.

A sharp, much more mature voice interrupts whatever thoughts were drifting through Vesa's head. "Gods, what is wrong with these people?" The voice floats from the archway of the Escort store. No wonder Heidi's mom was in such a hurry to move on.

The voice itself belongs to a tall, lush blonde woman, dressed in a tight black suit that doesn't pass her thighs or shoulders. Her name, as Vesa should recall flawlessly, is Melody-23. Standard Escort model, built from scratch, far removed from a normal Rev. Home grown, flawless caramel-colored flesh, beach blonde hair, full figure, and an arsenal built into her arms that could kill twenty men. There are more like her inside - males, females, ambiguous creatures with porcelain skin and alien eyes.

Melody, specifically, is known for having a wicked sense of humor. Her brain-donor's personality rubbed off on her, and no matter how many patches they try, she's still as witty and cruel as ever. Works like the rest, just as diligently, so at this point the tech-heads have just stopped trying. She's advertised as 'Feisty', or at least that's the holo-label Vesa gets when she looks at her. How droll. "That kid looked ready to shove a quarter in and see if you'd give her a ride.
    Melody-23.
    I trust you are well; have there been any recent customers worth noting?

Vesa finds the bustier, prettier woman interesting, and asks this sort of question basically every time they meet. She isn't jealous, mostly because she lacks a good understanding of sex drives and doesn't see what the big deal is about having large breasts (balance issues, getting in the way, etc). She is interested in the way people interact, however, and appreciates aesthetic harmony (and probably has done a few sketches of Melody-23).
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

[Public Lobby]

A member of the Great Race of the Yith walks into the public lobby of the Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic. It's the perfect paradigm of what you'd expect the extraterrestrial, omniscient being to look like. Unfortunately, with my current living situation, I am unable to access any of my stored volumes of compiled works of Lovecraft with which to relate the physical traits of the Yith as descriptively as is possible.

Drat! Here's where I'd link a picture, but I cannot for the life of me track down a decent shot of a Yithian as portrayed in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Well, here goes nothing!

The colossal alien's husk is a relatively cone-shaped base with four distensible appendages protruding from it. Two of these limbs terminate in claws which are utilized to manipulate objects. One extremity displays four red horn-like organic apparatuses. The other functions as a spherical yellow head upon which three yellow eyes are mounted at regular intervals, with tentacles lining the bottom of the head and flower-shaped ears arrayed atop the head.

Not intent on being the source of a ruction, the seemingly out of place erudite alien shimmies off to a corner of the lobby, obviously awaiting a certain someone or something's admittance to the clinic.

While it finds the procedures performed in this center of healing and fantastic sometimes gaudy ornamentation primitive, it is cognizant of its offspring's choice to mend herself here this evening. The purpose of its visit is to safeguard her through the operation.

She'll be here next post.

30. - Top - End - #60

Dexter projected Maxwell's likeness in a hologram for him, I suppose. He's very distinctive.

"Dexter. Yes, I might be able to help," The machine-man holds out his hand to Andy, expecting some sort of offering that he can examine. "I have to see the project first, Mr. Emeral." With a brain like Maxwell's, employee rosters are instantly available. "I assume you've got some quaint blueprints I can look at?"
    Andy hands over a paper. Non of the blueprints since they aren't really the reliable recources. It's a report. A strange one to be true. Easy to read.

It's a power layout and if Maxwell can read i, it tells him about something that needs a good amount of energy. The standard line seems to be quiet low and many energy cells could fullfill that task, but there aare a few larger outburst which would need something stronger and what maybe most important there are outburst who pass the energy scale. So assuming to the normal electricity network the last one might case a electrical short.

"These plans should give the informations needed to make out if your power source is able to fullfill the task. I'm sorry not to show the blueprints first, but there is no point when there is no goal."