New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IRL would you be a hero or a villain? Why? How?

Villain. Anybody who knows me knows I'm already halfway there. Fiendish, diabolical sense of humour, sick imagination, DEVILISH evil laugh, and a Gollum impression that gives nightmares.

Oh, also the whole "Telepathy/Telekinesis" bit. That freaks them out a little too.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

deff villian...

i'd be classy as hell as well.

hehe, i made a rhyme
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    deff villian...

i'd be classy as hell as well.

hehe, i made a rhyme
    I'm a damn classy villain.

A damn classy gollum villain.
    With mindpowers.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I'm a damn classy villain.

A damn classy gollum villain.
    With mindpowers.
    and a persian cat?
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    and a persian cat?
    I hate cats. It would be a huge dog. This one crossbreed I keep seeing near my house, it's huge, completely hairy, and looks like it's at least a quarter bear. It moves like a bear.

That, or just some sort of wolfhound.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Heroic Villan.

I'd either have excessive blasting ability, or powerfull shielding abilites, depending on my mood at the time I got the powers.

I'd be like the operative from Serenity. His best line sums him up perfectly. It's not word for word, but it's what I'd say in an attempt to repeat him.

"I'm building a better world, meant only for the good people in the 'verse. Oh, there's no place in it for me, I have no delusions about that. The things I've done... It's not a world I'm fit to be in."
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

7. - Top - End - #67

Depends on the genre we're in.

If I could be a villain for the sheer sake of awesomeness, style, and fighting good guys with no real chance of fatality on either side, I'd be a villain. I'd pull remarkable heists, do awesome crimes just for the sake of DOING them. I'd pull Carmen Sandiego type shenanigans left and right, leave clues to my master plans, and arrange things for a knock-down drag out fight when the heroes finally caught up to me, while setting up for my inevitable escape or fake death.

If, on the other hand, we're in a grim'n'gritty or iron age type setting I'd be a hero. When things are THAT far gone every man who can fight must rage, rage against the dying of the light!

As far as powers... I'd either be a technological mastermind with custom built battle armor and a ton of robots, or a shapeshifter who could do damn near anything with himself that he could imagine
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2011-02-09 at 01:31 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm just mostly at a loss for what sort of thematic power would be available based upon who I am. ...I mostly just confuse people. I'm not really sure I could weaponize that.
    no, of course not.

i would probably go back and forth between small scale supervillian and grand scale world revolutionizing political supershinyness. either shapeshifting and telepathy or just full on mind control style telepathy. definitely invisibility. and maybe the ability to make people explode in excruciatingly painful bloody messes or rot while theyre still alive. maybe some sort of empathic healing power(with the unpleasant kind of immortality), but mostly the other stuff.

like i said, on a small scale there are a lot of people who i think need to die more horribly than is currently possible, but on the large scale i think im basically good and pretty forgiving.
    Last edited by 742; 2011-02-09 at 04:09 PM.
    current excuse for incoherence: heat

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's pretty much already been determined that I'd be a hero; given my background, profession, and perspective on life. To name a character most like me? Shepherd Book. Both in profession, outlook, and getting close to the hair, too..

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I'd probably be a less than perfect hero. you know, get the drug dealers, interfere with the mafia, maybe "borrow" some of their stuff instead of turning it in.
    I'd definitely have a typically evil power though. shadow manipulation, maybe blood.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm one of nature's henchmen. Not so much a frontline peon type thing but the guy that Loopy goes to when he says "This village is spoiling the view from my Tower of Despair". The lithp ith opthional.
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2011-02-09 at 04:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I hate cats. It would be a huge dog. This one crossbreed I keep seeing near my house, it's huge, completely hairy, and looks like it's at least a quarter bear. It moves like a bear.
    So, a bear dog then? Amphocyanids make great villain pets.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by RandomNPC View Post
    Heroic Villan.

I'd either have excessive blasting ability, or powerfull shielding abilites, depending on my mood at the time I got the powers.

I'd be like the operative from Serenity. His best line sums him up perfectly. It's not word for word, but it's what I'd say in an attempt to repeat him.

"I'm building a better world, meant only for the good people in the 'verse. Oh, there's no place in it for me, I have no delusions about that. The things I've done... It's not a world I'm fit to be in."
    You are my favorite kind of villain.
    Last edited by SurlySeraph; 2011-02-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

13. - Top - End - #73

I should undoubtedly prove a villain.

As a power, telepathy is one I'd love to have.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

debating whether or not i'd swan dive down the moral event horizon when given the chance
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd probably prefer high-precision, high-power telekinesis abilities. One can do so very much!

As for hero vs. villain... I'd probably try to be a hero, but I have this nagging feeling that I'd fall for the temptation to commit petty crimes and live the easy life.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Probably I wouldn't fit in as a villain or a hero. I'm too nice to work as a villain, and I'd rather not hurt anyone. On the other hand, I'm far too self-serving to be a villain. So likely more of a Wild Card.
    Anyway, my powers would likely be mind reading (get rid of all that pesky social interaction and empathy, not to mention finally getting what people are talking about most of the time) and telepathy.
    Mind reading could also work as a way to look through other people's eyes, literally, allowing for a full face mask that covers my eyes, mostly because it would scare other people, and therefore amuse me.
    Telepathy has the potential to be an incredible weapon, coupled with mind reading. Why use physical combat when you can bring your opponent's worst memories to mind, and/or just led his id loose. (This is exactly why I wouldn't be a hero. I spend too much time (any at all) coming up with this stuff)
    More likely, however, would be invisiblity, if powers were based on real life. I tend not to get noticed, to the point where it becomes somewhat amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasos989 View Post
    Kiravonstrom: You mad son of a... I applaud you.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I'd love to be able to take over the world, because my personality is of the "No, you idiot! You're doing it all wrong! Gah, just let me do it...." sort and I think I could do a better job of running things than those in power. (Sure, it sounds egotistical, until you take a good look at things and realize that my cat could also probably do a better job. )

So I'd probably be a villain with mind-control, teleportation, and other handy abilities for ruling the world and indulging myself...but my goal would be to have the heroes sit down and say "Okay, yes, he's stationed a DoomBot in every city in the world to ensure compliance with his edicts, and yes he's abolished every national and local government in favor of his own leadership, and yes the statues of him are getting a bit old...but on the other hand, literacy is near 100%, education is free for all, nuclear disarmament is almost complete, starvation and disease has been eradicated, and everyone is living comfortably. Why did you want to depose him, again?"
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

18. - Top - End - #78

GnomeWizardGuy

I don't have the personality to be either a superhero or super villain. I'd probably be part of a hero support crew back at base, feeding intel about villain activity. Or working in the lab developing gadgets.

I'm not sure what powers I'd have. It would depend on the fluke accident that gave them to me. The only source I've been close to is being next to the chemistry building when it exploded, but I don't think respiratory illnesses count as a superpower.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

People can't choose their powers, so I guess it depends on what Powers I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    People can't choose their powers, so I guess it depends on what Powers I had.
    How do you know? Have you ever had a superpower?

But yeah, if powers are based off of personality, I'd probably be skeptic girl. I'd have the power to disbelieve things out of existence if you don't provide sufficient evidence.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by VioletRice View Post
    How do you know? Have you ever had a superpower?
    I was in a highly radiated area a year or two ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Colossus in the Playground

I would choose to be a villain. Not an Apocalypse style destroy/rule the world type of villain, but one of those that does whatever the heck he feels like, and has even been known to do good things from time to time. Basically, i want the freedom to choose to do whatever the hell I feel like, and being a superhero would really put a cramp in that lifestyle. As for powers, im thinking Professor X level of mind control/reading. I could do pretty much whatever the hell I felt like and short of a sniper taking me out by surprise 800 meters away, id be pretty tough to stop. Not that anyone would want to since due to my mind control they would all love and trust me. :p

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure. I'd probably consider myself a villain, but more of the "screw world-saving, I'll just make squillions with my powers of questionable legality and retire to a personal island/space station with my family/friends and protect them" rather than a "take over the world" guy.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

If I had powers I imagine that I'd start off as a hero, helping the needy and rescuing those in danger.
    But eventually my powers would corrupt me into doing more and more evil, until I am one of those ambitious, bloodthirsty maniacs.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Colossus in the Playground

Pff. I've had mutagenic chemicals spilled over me once.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

I'd definitely be a hero, but I still might use my powers for selfish reasons. I'd try to use the gift I've been given responsibly, but I don't think I'd exactly be the epitome of goodness. If I could choose my powers, here's what I'd pick.

1. The mutans and masterminds version of magic.
    2. Flight
    3. Teleportation.
    4. Comprehension so I could talk to everybody and the ghosts of the dead
    5. Telekinesis of some sort, preferably to a very powerful degree.

EDIT: 6. The ability to make any medical procedure happen instantaneously with a 100% chance of success at no risk to the patient.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-02-11 at 06:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Neither, really.

I would be the mad scientist which provides infodumps, technology and logistical support to the heroes, but without jumping into the fray himself.

As for powers... well, one variant of the old telepathy/superintelligence combo which I would love to have is the ability to use the "idle cycles" of other people's brains: that is, whenever someone is not thinking hard him/herself, I could use their brains to do some thinking for me - the subject would not be harmed and would not even notice that, usually, but I would be able to use their processing power for my own purposes.
    Last edited by Incompleat; 2011-02-11 at 11:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

ElfPirate

Immortality via Heroes-style Regeneration, immunity to toxins and disease, and extreme Pain tolerance.

I'd probably use my blood to keep everyone I care for Immortal as well... Rob a few banks, break my bones to escape Prison, maybe even use Plastic Surgery to re-shape my face every once in a while.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2011-02-11 at 11:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure if you'd classify me as a hero or a villain. But for superpowers, I'd have this guy's:

I've been struck by lightning, and it didn't give me a single super-power. (Except possibly the ability to survive being struck by lightning, but I'm not about to test that one out).
    Last edited by Telonius; 2011-02-11 at 11:37 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

I'd be a minor Hero, not really looking for peoples to help, but always willing to help if they are in front of me.

And as power I would have a sort of invulnerability. The kind were you don't need air, sleep or food.