New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Do these slags still give charms, since they aren't "worthy opponents" anymore, being level 80 and all?
    They are "worthy opponents" because they are level 80. In fact most things down to level 77 are still green to me. And yes, they drop charms. And grissly trophies.
    And for anyone who thinks you can't, yes, you indeed can get trophies and charms at the same time. Tested and proven, verified several times on the forums.

As for the slags themselves, I farmed up about 100 tokens worth of charms in 3 hours. That's 1000 charms in 3 hours. And once you get in the rhythem, you're killing 6 slags every 10 seconds or so, and I usually get 2-3 charms each pack.
    While that doesn't sound all that impressive, remember that you aren't having to fight for spawns, and the respawn rate is fixed and predictable.
    And seriously, a Holy Priest in 333 gear could solo their way into Halls of Lightning to get to the Slag area.

Supposedly, Throne of Tides is faster at +700 charms per hour, where I'm getting closer to 300 in Halls of Lightning.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

In a spot of holiday overload (I'm having display issues with Skyrim so I haven't been as lost to the frozen north as expected). The goblin needs 10 more elders before the holiday ends to finish his engineering patterns & a single suit. The main\mage is running the event to try for the pet, and managed her 2nd Darkmoon pet this morning.

There's actually a glut of the lantern pets on the neutral AH right now. I think I'll try selling it again a bit down the road.

Speaking of pets, the Guardian Cub's value has stabilized on my server at a higher level that I expected (5k to 7.5k, when I expected 1k to 2k). I guess I underestimated how much inflation the Azerothian dollar has experienced :P
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

3. - Top - End - #63

On my server they're down to 3.5K or less.
    I wouldn't put their listed cost down to inflation so much as that is the price people are demanding for a buyout. It doesn't mean they are selling at that price in all cases.

I'm holding my lanterns until about 2-3 months from now. Same with the valentines day mount if I managed to farm for more than 1.
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Strangely, I have killed many enemies, and have yet to receive one single charm. They give grisly trophies just fine, but no charms. Maybe a bug?
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

5. - Top - End - #65

Strangely, I have killed many enemies, and have yet to receive one single charm. They give grisly trophies just fine, but no charms. Maybe a bug?
    Do you have the Charm Kit in your inventory?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

I heard something about "Charms won't drop until you've gotten all the Trophies". Not sure if it's true.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Expf View Post
    I heard something about "Charms won't drop until you've gotten all the Trophies". Not sure if it's true.
    One more time I will point out that not only have I personally witnessed charms dropping while someone still had the Trophy quest up and active, but the forums and wowhead have confirmed it as well.
    You will get less charms until you are done trophies, and at that point you will gain far more. But you still gain them.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the GM told me that I need to finish the Trophy quest. After I did, the charms started pouting in. Seems it's at least bugged for SOME.

My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    One more time I will point out that not only have I personally witnessed charms dropping while someone still had the Trophy quest up and active, but the forums and wowhead have confirmed it as well.
    You will get less charms until you are done trophies, and at that point you will gain far more. But you still gain them.
    Actually I skimmed the thread earlier while I was in a hurry and did not see your post. Sorry.

10. - Top - End - #70

Okay, so farming charms in Throne of the Tides...
    Is totally better than anywhere else.

I went in there with a rogue. She got the majority of the kills, so she got the majority of the charms.
    I still got 300 in about 40 minutes.
    It is entirely worth it to bribe someone and help you solo the first boss and the trash if needed. You can skip the second boss, but he's also easy enough to kill with two people on normal.
    Once you get there, the only thing you have to watch out for is the large elementals at the end of the hallway, right before the door to the boss. As long as you don't kill these two, the small elementals will spawn endlessly.

Rant behind spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I decide to help a friend get geared up. He's a Holy Priest, I decide to go Boomkin. We hit up the 5-man dungeons.
    First off, if I am ever at the top of the DPS charts, something is very wrong. I'm a terrible DPS. Made even more terrible by the fact that I'm using healer gear so I'm below hit cap (I reforge away all my spirit). Not only was I pulling in 30k plus on trash in Hour of Twilight, but despite being chain silenced due to a moron of a tank who continually moved the boss around, I still came in top DPS on that Rogue boss with 19k. I would like to point out that I also stopped to heal at a few points.
    Then we did End Times. And I found the only pug in existence that couldn't kill Murozond.
    The Tank-Couldn't figure out to move the boss when he was surrounded in vortexes, despite 2 people yelling at him to move his arse, and throwing up a raid marker. He would however, tank him in the middle, for some reason the boss was spinning like a top so people got breathed and tail slapped back into things.
    Death Knight-He would pop army on the pull, after the temporal snapshot, which is good. Would he pop it again? Nope.
    The other boomkin-Refused to use his Treants. Refused to use Starfall. Despite three explanations, had no idea what the Hourglass did. Pulled 4K DPS, and that was his highest parse among 3 attempts. Yeah.
    So after a few pulls like this, my friend says screw it, he's going shadow, has me go heals, we boot the boomkin for completely sucking, the tank ragequit because we booted his boomkin friend so we got a new DPS and tank, the DK finally got the idea of how the Hourglass works. And wouldn't you know it, we killed it.
    Extra ranty part, also under spoiler. You were warned.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double you tee eff?
    These dungeons are crazy easy. I'm a bad bad bad bad bad DPS, and I still pulled in better numbers than anyone in either run. In my healer gear, with the right trinkets on so I'm hit capped, I am lucky to pull 22K on a target dummy with cooldowns. I should never, ever be top DPS in a run. Heck, while healing I did more than 4K DPS. While. Healing.
    I'm pretty sure that tank was carrying the boomkin. I'm curious how the boomking managed to get 378 geared in Firelands with numbers like that.
    Why do bad players be bad?

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

This game has plenty of bad players, but half the time I get the feeling that it's just lazy players. Both in LFR and HoT pugs (and to a lesser extent any levelling content between 1 and 80), lazy players are rarely punished for their behaviour. They can get by doing 15k DPS on both LFR and HOT simply because there is no real risk in not pushing yourself to your full potential. At the worst, the boss fights will take a little longer.

Meanwhile we had a truly excellent raid night tonight. We found ourself at the Maelstrom with 45 minutes of raid time left. Even when pausing to explain tactics to someone who had never seen beyond 4/8 before we had made truly excellent time. The general performance was great too. Everything went down in a single pull, with exactly two deaths (on Blackhorn) during the entire raid. Over five minutes left on the enrage timer for Yor'sahj. Nobody ate an ice wall on Hagara. We got a massive chunk off our record time on Ultraxion, killing him just after what's normally the second to last Hour of Twilight cast. On Blackhoof, the ship's health wasn't even close to 50% by the time he landed. On Spine, we blew off every plate in a single attempt.

All this probably isn't much compared to those of you already making solid progression on heroic modes and all that, but at the same time it feels very good to just sit down and kill seven bosses without even coming close to wiping once, with everything being executed so perfectly. We have come a very long way since our first forays into this tier's content. It seemed like only yesterday that we were farming the HoT instances like mad trying to gear ourselves up. The first time we killed Zon'ozz it was with three people left standing and the enrage timer already expired. We're now sailing through content that seemed almost impossible just a month ago. Pretty much everyone in our 10 man team currently has at least half their best in slot items. I personally got the T13 helmet, which also means I don't have to drag my LFR T13 shoulders along anymore to get the four piece set bonus. I bought the VP amulet too. With my current gear, I have 180k unbuffed HP while still maintaining the CTC cap.

Hopefully we can ride the positive momentum from this night into finally downing Madness on either Sunday or Monday. We'll have a total of six hours of pulls, and there's really no reason why we shouldn't pull it off. We certainly have the gear for it, and after tonight I'm truly convinced we also have the skills. It seemed like everybody was at a whole new level. The raid leader actually made a comment on Vent about the main tank and I being telepathic, as we were barely communicating at all during the entire run. Now it just comes down to getting that one pull on Madness where everything comes together perfectly.

In an unrelated note, it turns out that my death on Hagara from a few weeks ago (running into an ice wall because I didn't account for the speed boost from the Long Arm of the Law talent after casting Judgement) was not the stupidest way I could die in Dragon Soul. During a pre-raid LFR warmup I got a random disconnect while parachuting into the Yor'sahj room. I quickly logged back in right where I was, several hundred yards up in the air, except without my parachute this time. I fell for several seconds and actually reflexively reached for my Hand of Protection key. Thankfully I realized just in time that bubbled and alive at the feet of Yor'sahj would actually be a worse position to be in than dead from fall damage. Thankfully I fell so fast that he didn't even realize I was there. This was much to the amusement from the usual group of howler monkeys that seem to occupy every LFR group. Of course not 30 seconds later that same group was wiping on the trash, but then again that's LFR for you.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skios View Post
    During a pre-raid LFR warmup I got a random disconnect while parachuting into the Yor'sahj room. I quickly logged back in right where I was, several hundred yards up in the air, except without my parachute this time.
    That happened to me once, during progression some weeks back. I screamed. To quote my guildie, "WOW that was high-pitched."

He aggroed, I died, and luckily he reset. Had to make another corpse run.

13. - Top - End - #73

This game has plenty of bad players, but half the time I get the feeling that it's just lazy players. Both in LFR and HoT pugs (and to a lesser extent any levelling content between 1 and 80), lazy players are rarely punished for their behaviour. They can get by doing 15k DPS on both LFR and HOT simply because there is no real risk in not pushing yourself to your full potential. At the worst, the boss fights will take a little longer.
    I would distinguish between the players who are just lazy and those who are ignorant (newcomers to the game). There's quite a few of both and generally the new players are accepting of feedback, while the lazy ones just ignore or react negatively to feedback.

Hopefully we can ride the positive momentum from this night into finally downing Madness on either Sunday or Monday. We'll have a total of six hours of pulls, and there's really no reason why we shouldn't pull it off. We certainly have the gear for it, and after tonight I'm truly convinced we also have the skills. It seemed like everybody was at a whole new level. The raid leader actually made a comment on Vent about the main tank and I being telepathic, as we were barely communicating at all during the entire run. Now it just comes down to getting that one pull on Madness where everything comes together perfectly.
    That's really nice to hear. Hope you can keep the spirits up. It's a bit of a positive feedback mechanism -- when you do well you encourage yourself to do better and that keeps the mood of the raid happy and productive. (On the other hand, when you have a "bad night" the rest of the night tends to get ruined.) Good luck on Madness.
    Last edited by Expf; 2012-02-09 at 02:30 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Cheevo Brag: 3/8 HM. Yorsahj = dead. We also one-shot H Ultraxion tonight.

Lewt Brag:
    It gets it's own spoiler, it's that awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=318332734883657&set=a.2714288629073 78.79743.271418099575121&type=1&ref=nf

EDIT: Since posting this on facebook, the artist has had 4 offers to purchase the original, and she's got 10 commission requests in less than 24 hours. Seeing as she is just coming up on convention season, this is extremely good timing for her.

EDIT2: Next week, Zonozz, unless we find some astoundingly good strategy for Hagara that doesn't involve using a Hunter. We can't find competent hunters on our server, like at all.

EDIT3: Got the kiting achievement done for Shannox in Firelands. The annoying part was the trash. Twas fun.
    And we have another Legendary stick coming online next week. Woot.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-10 at 11:00 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Congratulations on the achievement and the staff. Last night the guild decided that any raid time left after finishing Dragon Soul each week will probably be used on heroic Firelands to get rid of as many pieces of 378 and LFR gear as possible before we try our hands at heroic progression beyond Morchok. Personally I'm pretty excited about it. I never got much of a look at Firelands since the guild was somewhat understaffed near the end of patch 4.2, when I hit 85. I believe I'm 5/7 in it. While the only real upgrade for my tanking spec would be the sword from Beth'tilac, my retribution gear is still stuck at ilevel 384, so it would be nice to get some more upgrades there.

16. - Top - End - #76

Congratulations on the achievement and the staff.
    Staff?
    The 'lewt' in question is a commission that I setup finally completed.
    That picture? Not digital. That's watercolors. The artist works for DC comics. It's so refreshing to see an artist who does work like this not work exclusively in digital medium. There's also another picture coming for my fiance, Puumpkhym.
    She plays an Arms Warrior. I saw some preliminary sketches. The face says to me "I've already got a full Rage bar buddy, and you're pushing all of the DON'T buttons."

Last night the guild decided that any raid time left after finishing Dragon Soul each week will probably be used on heroic Firelands to get rid of as many pieces of 378 and LFR gear Legendary Staffs as possible before we try our hands at heroic progression beyond Morchok.
    Fixed that for you.
    Actually, truth be told, the 391 mana trinket off of H Majordomo is incredibly good if used properly. Many of the 391 items in H Firelands are worth the time and effort. And if your raid can master H Baleroc, then you're basically warmed up for H Ultraxion.
    And the Spirit trinket in DS LFR will make a dive into LFR worth it right there. Heck, even LFR Gurthak is considered one of the best weapons in the game right now. LFR Gurthak --> Normal Gurthak -->Heroic Axe from H Yorsahj --> H Gurthak.

Best of luck.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Staff?
    I was referring to the legendary stick coming online in your third edit. Unfortunately our guild never completed it due to the fact that the mage we were farming it for went completely AWOL halfway through. As for Gurthalak, it's the only reason I'm running LFR right now. I'm currently using the axe from normal Yor'sahj for retribution, and while it's obviously no Gurthalak it still gets the job done.

~edit: I sat down for a big number crunch on my gear before tomorrow night's attempts at Madness. With the usual raid buffs and my trinket from Spine at 10 stacks, I'm comfortably at well over 40% combined parry/dodge. More importantly, I calculated that with my current gear I could easily wield a Souldrinker while maintaining the CTC cap without going too overboard on stacking mastery.
    Last edited by Skios; 2012-02-11 at 02:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Actually, truth be told, the 391 mana trinket off of H Majordomo is incredibly good if used properly. Many of the 391 items in H Firelands are worth the time and effort.
    And the Agility cloak off Rhyolith that's still BiS for many classes! I was absent on our last raid night before the 4.3 Patch hit, and it also happened to be the same night that heroic Jaws of Defeat dropped. So instead I've been stuck with normal Jaws for the entirety of this tier in Dragon Soul. And because Majordomo doesn't like dropping his Jaws, Spine decided to make up for it and dropped 4 Hearts in a row. We even had a random PvPer wanting to buy the mana trinket from us. The randomness of this game continues to impress upon me.

I was referring to the legendary stick coming online in your third edit. Unfortunately our guild never completed it due to the fact that the mage we were farming it for went completely AWOL halfway through.
    That's really a shame. In my previous guild we had a warlock get his staff during FL, went to another guild and quit playing shortly after. Such a waste.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

So on another board, somebody had a friend who, due to an illness, now has only about 15% of his vision left. He asked for addons that could help him play, namely addons that increase the size of the letters (about 20pt is neccessary). I'm no addon specialist, but have you got any ideas here?

20. - Top - End - #80

If a man can play this game blind, we can find something to help this guy.

First I recommend lowering the resolution and adjusting the UI slider. That right there makes your ability bar take up half the screen. Start with that.

Addons? No idea.

EDIT: No comment on the picture? Dang.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-12 at 01:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Another, more expensive, option if this guy has a computer with an HDMI port, is to just hook the computer up with that to a 30" HDTV and use that as his monitor. Obviously that requires some moderately expensive hardware, but increasing the size of the monitor should increase the size of the text and such as well - it would also let him play other games that probably don't have mods to increase text size.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

From this day on I will be known as Branin, Destroyer's End, wielder of Souldrinker (the caster dagger dropped too). We had already implemented all sorts of major and minor tweaks, like me using Divine Shield on myself in the split second after the Corruption started casting its second Impale but before the Elemetium Bolt detonated. What finally got us through the second phase was adjusting the way we tanked the Elementium Terrors. What we ended up doing was having the bear tank take both terrors first. I taunted them off after three seconds, and he took them back after another six. By doing it like this we managed to take enough pressure off the healers to survive. We actually didn't need our battle res at all on our final pull. Our GM recorded everything on Fraps too. It feels very rewarding after all the hard work we did. We were even busy optimizing during the 15 minute break we had after our first 90 minutes of pulls. When we finally killed the bastard it wasn't even close. All three of our healers were actually far from going OOM. Tomorrow night we'll be clearing Firelands to unlock its HC mode.

23. - Top - End - #83

Grats and High Fives for all!

Picked up a few more achievements on the weekend. I'm at 11930. So close to 12000, my end of cataclysm goal.

Tip for Heroic Ultraxion.
    If you have a Resto Druid, or indeed many Resto Druids, Treeform can help you greatly if you're just a bit short on DPS.
    This works even better on 25 man where you have many healers, and potentially more resto druids as a result.

At the beginning of the fight, throw down Shrooms before the pull, pre-pot, fade out so you don't pick up the DPS Bloodlust (and therefore still get healer bloodlust towards the end). Go Treeform when you get back in. Spam Wrath, Moonfire, and Insect Swarm. Try and get at least a Lifebloom on someone though. The minute this is all down, go back to healing as normal.

Now I want to point out that we were two healing this, our other healer was a Paladin. If she can keep up 10 people while I'm not healing, then you should be fine.

If you're having mana troubles on Heroic Ultraxion, Treeform again becomes your friend.
    Your Resto Druid/s should be picking up the Red buff. At the time of the Red Buff going out, it is very simple for 1 healer (2-3 on 25 man) to keep up the raid if they are on the ball. This is also another great place to use Treeform (if you aren't using the above tip for DPS). Treeform + Red Buff = Very Easy to keep up the raid. The other healer/s can hold back and regen mana, or focus on DPS. Priests can just Smite/DoT things/Shadowfiend, Pally can't really do much, Shaman can throw Lightning Bolts and potentially regain quite a bit of mana as a result.

Just some ideas on how to better utilize Treeform in the early stages of the fight where it really isn't needed. In both examples you will have it up long before you reach Nozdormu's Blessing.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

At the beginning of the fight, throw down Shrooms before the pull, pre-pot, fade out so you don't pick up the DPS Bloodlust (and therefore still get healer bloodlust towards the end). Go Treeform when you get back in. Spam Wrath, Moonfire, and Insect Swarm. Try and get at least a Lifebloom on someone though. The minute this is all down, go back to healing as normal.
    This doesn't seem to work lately, I think they fixed this in the last minipatch. We always did it like this. But maybe they didn't change it?

25. - Top - End - #85

This doesn't seem to work lately, I think they fixed this in the last minipatch. We always did it like this. But maybe they didn't change it?
    What doesn't work? The separate Bloodlusts? Oh well, if it doesn't work like that, and you Bloodlust at the start, great, the Tree gets more oomf.
    For me, it equals to about 500k-700k damage inflicted.
    Either way, it puts us half a million HP closer to a kill, at no visable expense than a CD that would otherwise not see use until the last phase anyway. Overall, having one healer do all the work while another gets some damage in on the first part is actually quite viable, all the way to the first Hour of Twilight. You're healers have to be good though.
    Also, I use Hour of Twilight to refresh DoTs up until about the 5th one where my healing is more critical, and those 3 seconds of healing really count.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-02-13 at 12:37 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

So, okay, funny story time. I have yet to do a heroic or raid this expansion, and I've pretty much not paid any attention to their difficulty level. I really don't want to join a raiding guild since my schedule is kind of messed up, and I got really burned out from serious raiding in BC, which I guess LFR can help with. However, I'd still like to see the content. Can anyone give an approximate description of the difficulty of Cata raids/heroics as compared to, say, at-level BC raids or something, for someone who's never been in one?

Also, I assume pvp gear won't cut it for any role in a raid?

Spoilered characters in case it's relevant to the answer:
    Spoiler
    Show

Undergeared moonkin (used to be my main, I still love her but rarely play her)
    DK in PvP gear (ignore the offspec, I never use it)
    Shadow/Disc priest (I actually kind of like healing in normal dungeons, but I don't know how that would reflect on healing heroics or raids)
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Derjuin View Post
    So, okay, funny story time. I have yet to do a heroic or raid this expansion, and I've pretty much not paid any attention to their difficulty level. I really don't want to join a raiding guild since my schedule is kind of messed up, and I got really burned out from serious raiding in BC, which I guess LFR can help with. However, I'd still like to see the content. Can anyone give an approximate description of the difficulty of Cata raids/heroics as compared to, say, at-level BC raids or something, for someone who's never been in one?
    Sure thing.
    More of the mechanics have something you can do about them, meaning more damage is avoidable in some way, and there are less gear-check fights. More and more importance on survival rather than just how much damage you can produce. DPS burst has a bit more purpose now, but sustained is always good.
    Long story short, it's more about the 'dance' than the gear, which was sort of the point.

Don't stand in bad stuff and you're usually okay. If you are standing in some kind of circle and red numbers come out of you, get out of it. If green numbers come out, you're okay. If no numbers come out, it means it will either kill you soon, or it is a friends effect. Get to know the difference between the two and you're golden.

If you want examples of what raiding is like now in terms of complexity and difficulty VS the BC days, I highly recommend going to www.tankspot.com click the 'movies' tag at the top. Find Alysrazor, Baleroc, Sindragosa, and Professor Putricide. These are guides, not kill vids, which actually explain all the mechanics, so it will give you a clear picture of the complexity and skill level now involved.

Also, I assume pvp gear won't cut it for any role in a raid?
    DPS is a maybe, but you will be behind the curve than someone in PvE gear. This also applies to dungeons BTW. Do not attempt to Tank in PvP gear, do not attempt to heal in PvP gear. Resilience does not help you heal or tank in PvE, nor does it help you DPS.
    At any rate, PvE gear comes quickly these days, you merely need to run the content. Justice Points will by you 378 gear, Valor Points will buy you 397 gear. A full week of running 5 man dungeons will get you decked out in 378's from head to toe, with likely 1 piece of 397 gear to augment you further.
    If you want to enter LFR, my advice is get yourself to about iLevel 375-380 in PvE gear, and go for it.

Spoilered characters in case it's relevant to the answer:
    Next to your Shadow Priest you mentioned enjoying normal dungeons. Heroics dungeons do get harder, but since the gear progression is easier, that difficulty does go away at a reasonable pace now, at least for healers. DPS have always had it easier in dungeons, and heroics is no different in that respect. If you want an easy way back into the content, my advice is go DPS until you hit around iLevel 360-365, then by all means make exploratory motions into healing if you want.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Well, I'm partially lost to Skyrim right now so not much for me this weekend. The goblin did get some of the easier Valentine achievements and finished off his engineering patterns from the Elders.

The main scored Exalted rep #49, the Darkmoon Faire -- barely. I had comically bad luck getting a fossil bank to spawn. It essentially took me almost 2 hours Saturday to do that one daily. That was the one that pushed her over the cap though.

As such, I've started Netherdrake (which will probably be rep #50). I've heard there's a youtube video for this I'll want to watch, but wanted to try it at least once before that. Got into Friendly on the first day trying it.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The Netherwing is a bit easier these days, especially if you can find a good number of Netherwing eggs while doing dailies. I think it took me about a week and a half of those to get to Exalted. In unrelated news, that was what I needed to get me my Dragonhawk mount. 'Tis lovely.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Grah!

I am at 195 of 200 recipes necessary for the achievement. As I read it, there are only three other recipes available to me in game at this time. In order to get this achievement (Iron Chef), I needed to have gotten recipes that are no longer available when they were.

Alarra's at about 191, but we're pretty sure there are only 7 Alliance only recipes left that she just needs to keep an eye on the AH for, so she's basically in the same boat that I am. This achievement is currently impossible until new recipes are added to the game.

EDIT: I just learned that I can find out what recipes I'm missing on my armory page. There are a total of 201 recipes I could possibly have. Including Dirge's Chimaerok Chops which are no longer in game, Bread of the Dead that we can only get during Day of the Dead, and an Alliance only quest reward from Azuremyst Isle.
    Last edited by Zeb The Troll; 2012-02-13 at 11:14 PM.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!