New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXX: The Continuation of a New Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Infirmary w/ Reinholdt]

Melody's face is screwed up in concentration. You need to speak to Erin of HALO. She may be able to help us. But she tries to remain connected to Reinholdt. She has to dig into this darkness.

She believes it is keeping her from saving Reinholdt. Magtok, will you help us? Please? I don't want Ermine going alone.
    Magtok frowns, shooting a glance towards Ermine that probably says an awful lot about what he thinks of being stuck alone with a bloodthirsty pirate and that smelly corpse she insists on hauling around. As much as part of him thinks saying no to Melody would be rude and improper, she really should've seen this response coming, knowing exactly what kind of history the cyborg had with that wretched feline.

"I think Ermine's a big girl and perfectly capable of fending for herself. HALO's not that far, and certainly not about to bite someone just because they're hauling a dead body around."

This death might've meant something to Magtok if he cared about the cat, and even then, it's certainly not the first time Reinholdt has ever died, either. If Rein lives, then yay, the two adversaries might fight at some point in the future. If not, too bad, but there's still plenty of other rivals and nemeses on Magtok's list. One empty spot isn't going to make that much difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    In a different timeline, Toby is standing in the Infirmary watching his wife hold their son. Hadrian Sionnach Druid. What kind of person are you going to be, kiddo?
    "A strong name for a strong man," Quinn says softly, smiling blissfully at her son, then up at Tobias adoringly as she rocks her newest child, Jamie standing by the door and looking on in wonderment.

====

Meanwhile, a plotclone of Shrike happens to be doing katas by the lake.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-04-18 at 08:27 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Meanwhile, a plotclone of Shrike happens to be doing katas by the lake.
    Chris finally finds her, noting that she seems to be practicing. He decides to hang back and watch, waiting for her to finish her training before he goes and talks to her. He leans against a nearby tree, watching and waiting.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

"Sakura, what do you say we let the munchkins play on their own before our arms get tired?" Eric suggests, "They seem to enjoy each other's company at least."

If Sakura agrees, Eric will say, "Julie, since my arms are full, could I get you to set up a baby area? Just a little enclosed space or something."

In the meantime though, he doesn't really have much to add to the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

Sakura laughs a little and nods. "Sure. She sure can be heavy sometimes." And Eric has to carry two! Poor him.

Laela, meanwhile, giggles with Prism. The grabbing her ear doesn't hurt one bit, asnd she's still thuroughly enjoying playing with them.
    [Rowan Cabin]

"I guess I need to have my children meet yours before they get too old then if they mature so quickly." Cessie tells Julie. She figures it would be good to have her offspring quickly come in contact with the weirder elements of the nexus to grow more acceptable to it already at birth. They were going to spend a lot time here after all.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie walks over to her own shovel and fishes it out of the sand, strutting back to the dig site and trying to time her own shovelfuls with his so they don't smash together.

"No offence meant honey, but we really don't have time for pleasantries if we're going to dig this up before someone sees us and asks themselves just what the heck's up. I'd have asked you to come at night, but the kids get whiny, and it would look even more suspicious. If we had a metal detector, we could at least say we were trying to find some interesting beach things.

Anyway, my point is, there really isn't time for pleasantries. Best save those lungfuls for digging, sug."
    Julie pauses after she's done speaking, did she ever tell Justin she was pregnant? Geeze, the things you miss when your friends are away I guess.

"I've been alright. Settled back down, cut a deal with Remnant, going through some rehab... Eric's back, reincarnated in a new body. Twins are healthy, and growing fast. Everything seems pretty idyllic for now. Bit boring too, honestly." Why else would she be digging up a live, angry pirates treasure unless she was bored and looking for excitement? Well, besides the oodles of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Rowan Cabin]

"I guess I need to have my children meet yours before they get too old then if they mature so quickly." Cessie tells Julie. She figures it would be good to have her offspring quickly come in contact with the weirder elements of the nexus to grow more acceptable to it already at birth. They were going to spend a lot time here after all.
    Rowan Cabin

"I'd be happy to, just wait here and I'll get the crib ready. It should hold all three of them just fine." Julie heads off to the children's room, taking Prism from Eric's arms if he lets her.

She'll be in there for a bit before she has things cleaned up and presentable, but when she's done she calls out, "Come bring the kids in, we can probably drop them off and then head to supper if you'd like."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Chris finally finds her, noting that she seems to be practicing. He decides to hang back and watch, waiting for her to finish her training before he goes and talks to her. He leans against a nearby tree, watching and waiting.
    There's quite a lot to watch.
    But after a short while, the sultry redhead finishes her swordplay practice (with her enormously oversized sword) and waves at Chris!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Marty is asleep and therefore godmodabble (Within reason) By Quinn. She'll get to do whatever she has to seeing as he cannot resist while drugged.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

There's quite a lot to watch.
    But after a short while, the sultry redhead finishes her swordplay practice (with her enormously oversized sword) and waves at Chris!
    [Lakeshore]

Chris doesn't mind, he can wait.

Chris waves back towards her, standing up from his place against the tree and walking towards her. "Hello Shrike! Long time no see. It's good to see you. How have you been?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary (Marty's Surgery)

And so Marty will have his wounds treated and his new leg attached!

The old leg probably gets a Psionic Disintegrate. Can't have Magtoks getting their grubby chrome hands on it after all.

===

[Lakeshore]

"I've been quite well, actually. And how have you been?" Shrike asks Chris with a grin as she slips her Reaper Daiklave back into Elsewhere.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"I've been quite well, actually. And how have you been?" Shrike asks Chris with a grin as she slips her Reaper Daiklave back into Elsewhere.
    [Lakeshore]

Chris smiles back at Shrike. "Well, things have been interesting and complicated, but all in all I've been doing pretty good."

"Been keeping busy around here?"
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Leg disintegration...scary....now what would Magtoks possibly want with a damaged leg?

Marty's writ wounds are feeling better now that they are uninfected and he's in a very good shape. His scars still shine out pink across his kin, but there's not much you can do about that, (That Marty would allow at least). He wakes up, I...what...oh....Vidalia?

12. - Top - End - #1422

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

Julie walks over to her own shovel and fishes it out of the sand, strutting back to the dig site and trying to time her own shovelfuls with his so they don't smash together.

"No offence meant honey, but we really don't have time for pleasantries if we're going to dig this up before someone sees us and asks themselves just what the heck's up. I'd have asked you to come at night, but the kids get whiny, and it would look even more suspicious. If we had a metal detector, we could at least say we were trying to find some interesting beach things.

Anyway, my point is, there really isn't time for pleasantries. Best save those lungfuls for digging, sug."
    Julie pauses after she's done speaking, did she ever tell Justin she was pregnant? Geeze, the things you miss when your friends are away I guess.

"I've been alright. Settled back down, cut a deal with Remnant, going through some rehab... Eric's back, reincarnated in a new body. Twins are healthy, and growing fast. Everything seems pretty idyllic for now. Bit boring too, honestly." Why else would she be digging up a live, angry pirates treasure unless she was bored and looking for excitement? Well, besides the oodles of cash.
    Lakeside-Tomorrow

"Sorry, idle chit-chat keeps me moving. I can walk miles without noticing if I have someone to talk to." No cars in the Georgia Wasteland. "It's great that Eric's back. You two deserve a little happy after all that. And kids? Has it really been that long?" He seriously doubts it's been nine months. True to his word, he works through the talking.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Lakeside-Tomorrow

"Sorry, idle chit-chat keeps me moving. I can walk miles without noticing if I have someone to talk to." No cars in the Georgia Wasteland. "It's great that Eric's back. You two deserve a little happy after all that. And kids? Has it really been that long?" He seriously doubts it's been nine months. True to his word, he works through the talking.
    Lakeside - Tomorrow

"Found out the night I got taken in by Remnant, and then two months later, there they were. Not every race works the same way, you know? Although two months can be a bit fast, even for someone like me." Fast and painful, almost deliriously so. She's certainly never looking forward to something like that again.

"What about you? Can't have just dropped off the radar completely, or Wally wouldn't have found you. That reminds me, he gave me some cash to cover a soda for you, the next time you're Mallside. I think he likes you." Julie pauses for a breath, clearly not as used to talking and working, or even doing this kind of heavy manual work at all, and fishes a bit of change out of a pocket sewn into her dress, holding it out to Justin.

Of course, with the score they're about to hit, it's rather meaningless, but the gesture is nice.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Camp Entrance --> Main Cabin

Bellan Vraal enters the compound with a short, quiet step. He heads toward the main cabin first, hoping there's someone here with the power or divinity to banish evil spirits.

The Vraal raps three times upon the cabin door, and then waits humbly.
    Repost for Kid Kris.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

{Infirmary- Reinholdt}

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok frowns, shooting a glance towards Ermine that probably says an awful lot about what he thinks of being stuck alone with a bloodthirsty pirate and that smelly corpse she insists on hauling around. As much as part of him thinks saying no to Melody would be rude and improper, she really should've seen this response coming, knowing exactly what kind of history the cyborg had with that wretched feline.

"I think Ermine's a big girl and perfectly capable of fending for herself. HALO's not that far, and certainly not about to bite someone just because they're hauling a dead body around."

This death might've meant something to Magtok if he cared about the cat, and even then, it's certainly not the first time Reinholdt has ever died, either. If Rein lives, then yay, the two adversaries might fight at some point in the future. If not, too bad, but there's still plenty of other rivals and nemeses on Magtok's list. One empty spot isn't going to make that much difference.
    Melody comes out of the mind-link and looks up at Magtok. She's not going to be hauling Reinholdt around. she smiles kindly. But okay. I can see you have better things to do. Thank you anyway. She stands up.

Come on, Ermine. Let's search for this Erin person. I think it's a girl.

{Infirmary- Marty}

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Leg disintegration...scary....now what would Magtoks possibly want with a damaged leg?

Marty's writ wounds are feeling better now that they are uninfected and he's in a very good shape. His scars still shine out pink across his kin, but there's not much you can do about that, (That Marty would allow at least). He wakes up, I...what...oh....Vidalia?
    Hello. she smiles down at him, holding a hand out to hopefully keep him from standing. Just rest for a moment. You're probably not ready to stand just yet.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Marty grasps her hand and does not move. He's not holding her hand for any reason save reassurance. He closes his eyes and leans back on the bed. I...I can't f-feel my l-leg...Er...it d-doesn't....hurt...It's... He opens his eyes and looks up at Vidalia. I...is i-it Ok? M-My leg?

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn steps abck to give Marty and Vidalia a chance to talk.

[Lakeshore]

Chris smiles back at Shrike. "Well, things have been interesting and complicated, but all in all I've been doing pretty good."

"Been keeping busy around here?"
    "Oh, more or less, I guess. And would that be things being interesting, or 'interesting times' interesting?" Shrike asks with a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Answering the door is Phoenix. He is a human. Male, of course, quite handsome, dressed in well worn, but obviously fine clothes in pleasing warm color shades. His sole piece of jewelry is a polished bronze medallion, engraved with a strange glyph, and he carries no weapons. Visibly, anyway. You can never be too sure with these pacifist types... e_e
    "Yes? May I help you?" He says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #1429

Lakeside - Tomorrow

"That's nice of him. I'm actually sorry about what I said afterwards," Justin says taking the money. "Well the day after the casino, I went by your place to check up on you. And you were gone. Then I met your grumpy ghost brother. When I found out you were at Remnant I tried hatching a plan to "rescue you." Even cut my hair and was going to die it." He lowers his head, it's had some time to grown in, but his hair isn't as messy as it was when they first met. "But there's this deadtime right in the stylist's chair. So I'm stuck for a while. A bit later, I'm free and clear meet a short guy named Brand Applehill. He works here actually, he's the chef, I think. We hit it off, fast friends and everything. Few days later, we meet in the market, and he asks me a favor, help him save slaves from a cult. Right now, I'm waiting on some enchanted rings that'll make it easier to coerce the slaves to leave with us*." Throughout all this talking he manages to work without missing a beat. Guess it's just something he got used to. This is until he stops for a moment. He stares at his hands. He wrings his hands for a moment and looks unsure for a second, but then starts working again. "So, kids? Twins at that. Are they identical?"

((*This is essentially me deciding where in the timeline Justin is.))

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

20. - Top - End - #1430

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Answering the door is Phoenix. He is a human. Male, of course, quite handsome, dressed in well worn, but obviously fine clothes in pleasing warm color shades. His sole piece of jewelry is a polished bronze medallion, engraved with a strange glyph, and he carries no weapons. Visibly, anyway. You can never be too sure with these pacifist types... e_e
    "Yes? May I help you?" He says.
    Bellan claims to be quiet the pacifist, but the rifle slung on his back is hard to miss. The Vraal, who's currently dressed in a common cotton shirt and a pair of giant's pants, bows to the human.

"You may. I've come to ask GLoG's help. My friend's tavern has been troubled, of late, by a dark spirit. I would ask that it be... removed. Peacefully." He looks up at Pheonix pleadingly. "I can compensate GLoG, for it's efforts. If there is such a magician here, of course."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-04-18 at 11:46 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

"Oh, more or less, I guess. And would that be things being interesting, or 'interesting times' interesting?" Shrike asks with a grin.
    Chris shrugs a bit. "Little of column A, little of column B. Mostly column B, though." He admits with a bit of a chuckle.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

"I can perform the banishment." Says Phoenix.
    "And I will need no compensation. Though perhaps the organization could benefit from a donation."
    Phoenix may be a moral sort of person, but denying money when it's freely given is just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

Chris shrugs a bit. "Little of column A, little of column B. Mostly column B, though." He admits with a bit of a chuckle.
    "Ah, I see. Is it the sort of 'interesting times' that I can make go away for you by hitting it really hard with my BFS?" Shrike asks, grinning more.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah, I see. Is it the sort of 'interesting times' that I can make go away for you by hitting it really hard with my BFS?" Shrike asks, grinning more.
    "No, no it is not. Unless you're the type of Exalted that can turn complicated relationships and various related things into ducks or something. And even then I don't think ducks will help. Sorry. It's not that interesting yet, as much as I would wish for it to be so sometimes."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    There seem to be nothing else around, sans the usual strange beings residing in GLoG. Whether that is a comforting thought or not, is up to Andy.
    Since there isn't any sign Andy can follow right now, he heads back to his cabin.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

26. - Top - End - #1436

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Main Room]

"I can perform the banishment." Says Phoenix.
    "And I will need no compensation. Though perhaps the organization could benefit from a donation."
    Phoenix may be a moral sort of person, but denying money when it's freely given is just silly.
    Bellan's no cheapskate, either. He reaches into a pouch at his belt and retrieves a small sack. This is offered to Pheonix. Upon inspection, the sack holds several oval-shaped gems of various sizes. Several thousand gold's worth, if one happens to be an appraiser.

The giant grins, relieved. What luck! Fate must be pleased with him. "Thank the Wheel. Take it, brother. Could you come right away? We've the creature trapped, momentarily."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Marty grasps her hand and does not move. He's not holding her hand for any reason save reassurance. He closes his eyes and leans back on the bed. I...I can't f-feel my l-leg...Er...it d-doesn't....hurt...It's... He opens his eyes and looks up at Vidalia. I...is i-it Ok? M-My leg?
    Vidalia reaches out her hand and runs a finger along the bottom of Marty's new foot. It looks fine to me. Concentrate. Try to feel it, let your mind connect to the cybernetics, or whatever.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    The Dragonite let's Sophie go before he breaks something. Standing up he actually takes a second to observe his environments, the first time since he fell out of that cloud. Curious way to enter Nexus, that. But not the point. "Dragonite?" he asks neither person in particular. "Dragonite?" he points at the ground with both claws. Seems to be asking where he is?
    Sophie looks around, then back at the Dragonite. It seems the dragon-like creature is intelligent, it just can't speak.
    You're in the Good League of Good. It's a place for redemption and charity. You fell out of the sky, badly wounded.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

[Island Cave]

Yes. Yes she is. But she was pretty before. Stupid Rake, always making her feel.... lacking.

Caroline stops and watches Vincent dig into his inventory. Do you have something? Maybe we should go back and buy a torch.
    [Island Cave]

"I hate making trips back for one thin... aha!" Vincent says as he pulls out a bouquet of dead flowers. Using Fire One he lights them up and creates a torch!

Why he had that, I don't know, but I have it written down.

"Just gotta get creative with the crafting system."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Vidalia reaches out her hand and runs a finger along the bottom of Marty's new foot. It looks fine to me. Concentrate. Try to feel it, let your mind connect to the cybernetics, or whatever.
    It eventually clicks. Marty wiggles his toes curiously. It...d-doesn't f-feel too d-different...it d-doesn't hurt...and I c-can feel it... He shivers as she runs a hand down his foot. Ah! S-Stop...that t-tickles. He can't help but let a small smile show before his normal blank expression returns.