New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: 2011 OOTS Ornament + New CafePress Shirts, Laptop Skins, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I have no idea what would be the problem; my understanding is that the UK and CA sites are exactly the same as the US one, in terms of sales and such. Does your order contain any of the "excluded items" from the fine print?

I don't know what coupon codes may be coming down the pike after this one, they don't tell me until a day before they start. In previous years, they had a coupon or sale every day until Christmas, but as you can see with the Cyber Monday sale, some of them are subpar.
    I have the two ornaments and a T-shirt in my basket, last year's order looked much the same (well, there were more ornaments). That's what confused me as well, last year's coupon was accepted without a hitch for the same product categories

I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and see what's up next/if one of the next coupons works. Should push come to shove, I'll order without a coupon, but if I can get one to work it'd be nice (the order is for me, but it's a present from someone else, so if I can use a coupon they'll appreciate it and I think it's the least I can do).
    For now I'll say thank you for your time, and I'll report back how the next one(s) work

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    I have the two ornaments and a T-shirt in my basket, last year's order looked much the same (well, there were more ornaments). That's what confused me as well, last year's coupon was accepted without a hitch for the same product categories

I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and see what's up next/if one of the next coupons works. Should push come to shove, I'll order without a coupon, but if I can get one to work it'd be nice (the order is for me, but it's a present from someone else, so if I can use a coupon they'll appreciate it and I think it's the least I can do).
    For now I'll say thank you for your time, and I'll report back how the next one(s) work
    I couldn't get the coupon to work for my order. I just went ahead and ordered anyways. Didn't feel like contacting them or waiting to find out if it was going to work later.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Sale info updated in the first post; 10% off on orders $40 or more, Dec. 5-8, code TDEC1140.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we get homebrew stats on the snail? Even a regular snail would do; templates aren't too bad.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

5. - Top - End - #65

CafePress is advertising that orders made today (12/20) can still get to locations within the continental US with standard shipping on or before December 24th. So if you want to save on shipping and are planning to make an order, now's probably the time. Starting tomorrow, I would expect only expedited shipping to arrive in time for Christmas.

Of course, if you're not buying for Christmas Day, this doesn't matter.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: 2011 OOTS Ornament + New CafePress Shirts, Laptop Skins, etc.

First of all, a very belated Happy Holidays to you all, and Happy New Year.

I promised to report back about the coupons (shame on me that it took me so long). Well, I tried a few more, but none of them worked, not even the ones CafePress sent out via email. I ordered anyways – the order arrived well before Christmas, and even earlier than estimated, just like last year (although it was sent from the US as opposed to last year's Polish package, very curious).
    Other positive comments: this year, the ornaments were packed in bubble wrap, which I think is even safer than the sorta-thick plastic they came in last year. Also, the T-shirt is longer than the one I ordered last year (they are both Women's cut and size M, but have different manufacturer labels. Mystery solved ).

It's a bit difficult to read the text in the speech bubbles of the T-shirt if one's standing very close (it looks like the text was printed twice, and the second time not 100% over the first time ), but from a reasonable distance (say, 0.5 to 1 meter) it's not a problem at all. I'm not sure if there was an issue with the printer, because it's *only* the text and none of the artwork, but I don't really mind (and I'm not really in the mood for trouble shoots that cost time and energy (as well as money) on both sides), so I'll just wear it this way.

All in all, I'm satisfied with the order, and I'm really looking forward to next year's ornament(s)

7. - Top - End - #67

Sorry about the coupons, I really have no idea what that's about. CafePress got an earful from me about their coupon policy this year anyway. I felt that they were shortchanging Shop customers while giving people who sell through their Marketplace discounts of 30% or more, and there were no sales at all for the last nine days of the Christmas shopping season. A definite step down from previous years.

It's a bit difficult to read the text in the speech bubbles of the T-shirt if one's standing very close (it looks like the text was printed twice, and the second time not 100% over the first time ), but from a reasonable distance (say, 0.5 to 1 meter) it's not a problem at all. I'm not sure if there was an issue with the printer, because it's *only* the text and none of the artwork, but I don't really mind (and I'm not really in the mood for trouble shoots that cost time and energy (as well as money) on both sides), so I'll just wear it this way.
    For my own troubleshooting, what design was on the t-shirt?
    Rich Burlew

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    For my own troubleshooting, what design was on the t-shirt?
    It's the Fantasy fantasy design. Right now, the shirt is in the laundry; I'll check in again later today and post some photographs.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's the Fantasy fantasy design. Right now, the shirt is in the laundry; I'll check in again later today and post some photographs.
    Just in case it helps the troubleshooting, I also got the Fantasy fantasy design. It didn't seem to have this problem. The one I purchased was a gift; it was the Organic Woman's Fitted T-Shirt in the Galaxy color.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

The shirt I ordered is a Fantasy fantasy Women's T-Shirt, white, size M. Here are two cropped snapshots where it is visible (I hope), spoilered to save space:

Spoiler
    Show

As seen in the first image, the lineart is pin sharp. Very curious, indeed.

I hope this helps, Giant.

11. - Top - End - #71

That is very odd. It's especially odd that none of the other black lines in the image are experiencing the same effect. I would expect that if it were something like a slippage of a plate or inkjet (or whatever they use to print these shirts), it would affect all instances of the same color, but here it affects only the text.

I'll pass these along, but I think unless there's a whole lot of other people with the same problem, it won't have been anything in my artwork that did it. More likely a fluke misalignment or something. If you want to return it and order a new one, it probably won't have the same issue.
    Rich Burlew