New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dresdor View Post
    blue robes + blue floor of a similar color = painful.
    Not to me, but the "word" "lol" do (wierd, eh)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Tropes, tropes. They just never run out

After the End: FFF's sequel, FI, takes place when most of the world is under the control of bad guys

Back From the Dead:Many characters in ABR have made comeback from the dead

Chess With Death:Parodied often with resident Grim Reaper, Nameless, who also happens to be Cloudcuckoolander

Stuff Blowing Up:And how!

Earth Shattering Kaboom:Explosive apocalypse from the sky, spell designed just for the effect, can pretty much wipe out civilizations
    Added these. Man, at this rate, we'll have the biggest page on TVTropes soon!
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Added these. Man, at this rate, we'll have the biggest page on TVTropes soon!
    We will.....unless you find a trope which we don't have there
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Banned

Would anyone be against me joining at least the Journey Home arc? I have some ideas...
    Okay. I'll need the name of your character and a very brief description for the graph

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    It's actually parallel universes, not dimensions. If you really meant dimensions that would mean we could have 4 dimensional characters.
    Oh now you're being nitpicky. We call it dimensions because parralell universes is very encumbersome.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-30 at 04:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Her name is Lynn, a warlock servant of the Lord of Dreams.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Banned

Desdor, just so you know, BRC might not like you killed off his guys so easily.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Killed....absorbed their souls into a magical spear....there's a big difference there

:-p

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Desdor, just so you know, BRC might not like you killed off his guys so easily.
    Yeah, the Spooks are supposed to be pretty resistant to damage, considering the stuff their made of is fairly similar to smoke, an Arrow would probably pass through two of them, but it wouldn't kill them.
    An Eldritch Blast could probably hurt one, but they are pretty tough, and resistant to magic.
    Generally, plenty of things can hurt them, but at this stage I'd like them to put up a fight. I wouldn't mind you taking out standard issue Machinist mooks though, but let me do some stuff with the Spooks.

Though there are two more of them lurking around somewhere ,perhaps immediately behind your character...

Also, you'll need an explanation for how you got inside the Fortress-Factory.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-04-30 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

And if they hadn't gone all spirity/vouchsafe mode it would have been harder. Throwing a spear through a ghost is pretty damned easy.

And as always, minions are one thing, BBEG's are another.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And if they hadn't gone all spirity/vouchsafe mode it would have been harder. Throwing a spear through a ghost is pretty damned easy.

And as always, minions are one thing, BBEG's are another.
    Well played Dresdor, Well played. Very well, but expect payback.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Banned

Changes to the graph have been made.

BRC I need a description for Xavik
    Last edited by X2; 2009-04-30 at 05:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

Dresdor, your character seems much smaller than Xartvye in your comic. Is that intentional?

Also, how does everyone like my new avatar?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

If you want them to be powerful I have an idea....but you'll have to wait for that.

As per why I'm here...well it seems my boss is looking for a new engine for his car....one that uses alternative energy...I hear souls are good for the environment.

All will be explained.

And she's smaller because she's a petite female.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Changes to the graph have been made.

BRC I need a description for Xavik
    A Machinist Colonel with a decorated history and a reputation for thinking outside the box.
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #165

Your new avatar is, quite frankly, shocking. Get it? He's using electrical magic...never mind...
    And who cares if Dres TKO'd them. There are lots of ways you could beat those things. The problem with them is that there are a lot of them and a lot of those ways aren't permanent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Your new avatar is, quite frankly, shocking. Get it? He's using electrical magic...never mind...
    And who cares if Dres TKO'd them. There are lots of ways you could beat those things. The problem with them is that there are a lot of them and a lot of those ways aren't permanent.
    If there's no post when I get home tonight I'll put up another one, I just had a great idea that will make everyone happy...

well, not everyone...mostly just the evil guys...but that's what happens when you send a human warlock to do a lesser deity's job.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

That or I could update my own webcomic when I get home...oh well that was just a means to join ABR :-p

18. - Top - End - #168

That or I could update my own webcomic when I get home...oh well that was just a means to join ABR :-p
    How is your comic I means to join ABR? You don't need a webcomic to join.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    How is your comic I means to join ABR? You don't need a webcomic to join.
    It was a joke...

jeez, penguins....you have to explain everything to them.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hurt/Heal updated, and I decided how to solve the mia God-Moded person problem.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Actually, there arn't many Spooks. There are alot of Machinists, but only a few of them can go "Vouchsafe". But yes, spooks do come back easily, a soul-sucking spear is a good way to get rid of them, but now they know not to line up like that. Also, they will be pretty angry at you specifically, and Xavik might decide to handle the situation personally. A soul-sucking spear would be a nifty find for the Machinists. And Xavik shouldn't be underestimated. His job is basically to go up against things that his species was specifically designed to be weaker than, and he's done a pretty good job with that.
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #172
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Anyone got the picture yeril did a time ago with the Miko dolls ? I need a color scheme and the blackguard miko doll looked like what I am imagining...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Actually, there arn't many Spooks. There are alot of Machinists, but only a few of them can go "Vouchsafe". But yes, spooks do come back easily, a soul-sucking spear is a good way to get rid of them, but now they know not to line up like that. Also, they will be pretty angry at you specifically, and Xavik might decide to handle the situation personally. A soul-sucking spear would be a nifty find for the Machinists. And Xavik shouldn't be underestimated. His job is basically to go up against things that his species was specifically designed to be weaker than, and he's done a pretty good job with that.
    I figured this was an easy compromise. One spook dies in the blast, the other escapes, and it's 3 vs 3 for now...

24. - Top - End - #174
    Banned

I figured this was an easy compromise. One spook dies in the blast, the other escapes, and it's 3 vs 3 for now...
    I dunno what I intend on doing since... well... most of his spells harm the flesh.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-01 at 03:04 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno what I intend on doing since... well... most of his spells harm the flesh.
    I find running to be an appropriate response in these situations.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I find running to be an appropriate response in these situations.
    Except that X2 has a thousand ton weight attached to him called "ego".

EDIT: He's not letting a newcomer 1 up him.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-01 at 03:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

If I wasn't surrounded I'd be running....

Lynn got the surprise the first round...she's beyond her tactical advantage now. I think we should all run and find a giant fox-girl with a giant bell and hide behind it.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Banned

If I wasn't surrounded I'd be running....

Lynn got the surprise the first round...she's beyond her tactical advantage now. I think we should all run and find a giant fox-girl with a giant bell and hide behind it.
    I'm waiting for Keveak, Gremlin, Falgorn and Crimson to write a comic before I do.

UPDATE!!!!: Episode 2 has a bona-fide plot!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

I'm waiting for Keveak, Gremlin, Falgorn and Crimson to write a comic before I do.

UPDATE!!!!: Episode 2 has a bona-fide plot!
    Plot? We don't need no stinking plot.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Banned

Plot? We don't need no stinking plot.
    It's great, it introduces the BBEG and sheds some light on X2.