New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Akiyama frowns, "She's just a coward.." He turns to the boy, and smiles "Nope, Onizuka, though considering it's about halfway through the day you might be a little late. If you don't mind my asking what are you doing here?" He picks up the wiffleball he threw and pockets it along with the one he was brandishing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Akiyama frowns, "She's just a coward.." He turns to the boy, and smiles "Nope, Onizuka, though considering it's about halfway through the day you might be a little late. If you don't mind my asking what are you doing here?" He picks up the wiffleball he threw and pockets it along with the one he was brandishing.
    I'm not entirely sure, he says confusedly. I've signed up for the Power Curriculum Program, and I'm taking some classes during the afternoon at Azabu. Tommorow's my first day, but I'm trying to figure out where everything is...

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama laughs "So your lost? Well, Come with me.. the gym teacher could probably tell you the way, besides he is waiting for these." The last bit is said while shaking the wiffle ball pocket.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #274

Akiyama laughs "So your lost? Well, Come with me.. the gym teacher could probably tell you the way, besides he is waiting for these." The last bit is said while shaking the wiffle ball pocket.
    He nods, and follows him. Thanks.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama starts to make small talk, you get the impression that he could sit there and talk forever, "So have you already manifested powers or are you a newcomer?"
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Akiyama starts to make small talk, you get the impression that he could sit there and talk forever, "So have you already manifested powers or are you a newcomer?"
    I'm a newcomer, he says. No powers developed yet.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, in a more... adventurous part of the city...

Ah, the 10th district. Beautiful place, really. Well, except for the whole 'Skill Out gangs roaming the street' thing. But a nice-looking place, really.

Of course, Akira wasn't able to notice this, his eyes being covered in his own blood and all that, you know?

He staggered back a bit. Whack! He fell to the ground. He spit some more of his blood onto the ground. Weakly, he tried making compressed blasts of air, but the bat hit him again.

Weakly, he asked his attackers, "Why are you attacking me? I didn't even do anything to you?"

The leader, a tall, dark haired man, smiled at the boy like the psychopath he was.

"Heh, no reason," the leader, replied. "Just bored." With that, he hit Akira on the head again. Thwack. And again. Thwack. And again.

Thwack.

Akira slumped on the ground, covered in his own blood. Ketsueki stretched a bit. He looked to the other thugs. "Let's leave then, huh?" he asked them. They nodded, and calmly walked away. They had nothing to fear, save maybe the Psyche Hunters. Judgement had no hold in this district, and even if they did, really...

What could they do?

The sky was clear, and the birds were chirping. A normal day.

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Hajime nods. "Well, if you feel you want any assistance, I can help. My commisions are almost complete well before the deadline, and school isn't posing too much of a problem."
    "Oh, thanks Hajime!" she replied. She could use the help, even with the security bots and such of Academy City at her disposal.
    Last edited by Maximum Zersk; 2010-09-28 at 08:57 PM.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion View Post
    I'm a newcomer, he says. No powers developed yet.
    Akiyama grins and makes a sweeping gesture with one arm "Well don't get your hopes up, but work hard.. Never give up and so-on. Sorry if I'm not particularly inspiring." He turns and walks backwards for a moment "So... whats your name?"
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

[Hajime-Onizuka]

"Not a problem." Hajime looks away, out the window. After a few moments, he speaks up. "When exactly shall we start the search?"
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-09-28 at 09:00 PM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #280

Akiyama grins and makes a sweeping gesture with one arm "Well don't get your hopes up, but work hard.. Never give up and so-on. Sorry if I'm not particularly inspiring." He turns and walks backwards for a moment "So... whats your name?"
    Yeah, I know it's not for certain, so I'm taking some AP science courses as well, he responds cheerfully. And my name's Terko.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Akiyama smiles and holds out his hand to shake"Hachiro Akiyama, nice to meet you." He seems oddly prescient about the obstacles behind him, In actuality he memorized the paths around the school well enough that he could walk them blindfolded or, in this case, backwards.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici

Cici thought about that for a moment. "How's after school?" she asked.

Catarino

Catarino woke up. Of course, it wouldn't look like that to his captives. It'd look like he was still knocked out.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Cici

Cici thought about that for a moment. "How's after school?" she asked.
    Hajime thought for a second, before nodding the tiniest bit. "That will work nicely."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

14. - Top - End - #284

Akiyama smiles and holds out his hand to shake"Hachiro Akiyama, nice to meet you." He seems oddly prescient about the obstacles behind him, In actuality he memorized the paths around the school well enough that he could walk them blindfolded or, in this case, backwards.
    Terko shakes his hand, and follows him while looking around the school.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Soon enough they run into the gym teacher "AKIYAMA!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!!?" he notices Terko, "And who is this?"

Akiyam shrugs "I ran into him sheesh, he's looking for Azabu."

THe gym teacher frowns "You need to learn some manners akiyama.... Kid Azabu is off that way." He points in the direction of Azabu.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

Soon enough they run into the gym teacher "AKIYAMA!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!!?" he notices Terko, "And who is this?"

Akiyam shrugs "I ran into him sheesh, he's looking for Azabu."

THe gym teacher frowns "You need to learn some manners akiyama.... Kid Azabu is off that way." He points in the direction of Azabu.
    Terko, nods, says thank you politely, and runs off to Azabu.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazumi
    [Tokiwadai]

A bleeding nose, cut knee... It looks like the bat hit me in the center of my forehead. I'll have to wear a bandage there too.

This is the thought of Kazumi as she looked at herself in the bathroom. Just returning of course from something called a 'fight on street.'

A usual occurrence maybe, but for strange reasons always. Her uniform had been mostly ok. But now to change to her PE clothing because of blood.

No injury was serious. Actually it was only painful to push on it hard. Such an advantage of her ability. But the bleeding nose stopped soon, so she thought it safe to go to the nurse's office.

Maybe one day she would join Judgment like Sakurako so to have good excuse. But no, Kazumi had enough troubles already. This she thought darkly. Maybe at least she could avoid her sempai to the nurse office. . .
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    No. Hard was beating Ninja Gaiden on Supreme difficulty. Hard was paying Soccer and getting 12 goals in a row. Hard was something that Jason will never give up on, until he masters the hard.

He looks over at Masaki, a burning determination is his eyes. Thinking back to what little Japanese he knows, he finally speaks.

"What do I need to do?"
    Masaki

Masaki gazes at Jason for a while, as though trying to analyze him.

Then he says, "There's a testing facility that we share with other schools a few blocks away. Meet me here in my cubicle after school and I'll take you there."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Jason nods.
    "Understood."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Jason nods.
    "Understood."
    Masaki

"Was there anything else?"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Masaki

"Was there anything else?"
    "Uhhh..."
    He looks over at Jirou.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

"[Nah, that's all. Job done, room toured, let's go.]"

Jirou needn't have bothered with a verbal answer, being as he was halfway out the door already. As happy as he was for Jason right now, staying in Masaki's presence for too long tended to be very bad for his health. Best to continue on as quickly as possible before the man devised some new and unusual punishment to inflict upon him.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Jason turns to follow Jirou, but pauses. Remembering his manners, he turns back to Masaki.
    "Thank you."
    He then goes off to catch up to Jirou.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Masaki

The teacher barely acknowledges the two students as they move off.

Par for the course for the Robot.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin

A loud, sharp hiss, almost more of a crack, echoes across the field. An acrid smell soon follows in a hot, dusty wave as Rin lowers her arm.
    "One point two seconds."
    Announces the observer, who is wearing thick, dark lensed goggles, examining a small device about the size and shape of a stopwatch.

The remaining scraps of the stone block she had just vaporized are swept away, then replaced by a similar block, wheeled in on a small trolley.
    "Now lets see how quickly you can carve your name..."

Rin appears to be drooping as she walks away from school, and more specifically the makeshift practice range put together for her, so that her abilities could be regularly tested and thus improved.
    Courtesy of her parents. Nothing but the best for their daughter, of course. Sticking out her tongue at the thought of them, piling work on her as always, Rin decides to use her time in a much more interesting way-

And so, in a short time, Rin has located an ice cream stand, and impatiently waits in line, bouncing with anticipation.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Yamamoto Katsu

(Assuming Yuki didn't notice him following)

Katsu steps up behind Yuki

"Looking for someone?"

Only to disappear again before he can turn around.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

It would take a little sprinting to catch up with the fleeing Jirou, since his speed had increased dramatically once he was out of Masaki's sight. He gave Jason a friendly smile once he'd drawn up alongside.

"[Not a bad first day, eh? You met some good people, learnt the lay of the land and got on the fast track to gaining fancy superpowers. I tell you, kid, stick with me and it's all uphill from here...]"

Uphill or not, after all the early excitement the rest of the day passed fairly uneventfully. Lessons were taught, powers were slung and stray wiffle balls rolled aimlessly through the corridors. Maybe that was considered exciting in other places, but to Jirou it was a bit of a letdown after the first half.

Ah well, no use getting greedy. It had still been a very good day, and when the last class finally ended Jirou still felt more than satisfied with the way it had turned out. At long last he stood on the school's threshold, breathing the sweet outside air and glancing over at his new...well, acquaintance; Best not to push for 'best friend' just yet. Good kid, and bright too. He'd go far in this city. They separated outside the gates, since their paths lay in opposite directions. Hopefully that wasn't an omen for the future...

Jirou wandered off alone into the afternoon, ready to seize what remained of the day. Normally he'd have headed over to the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri, but thanks to the earlier...incident...that was totally out of the question now. The mere thought of it caused the memory of Harada Rin's gaze to appear like a phantom to haunt him. No, there was no way he was risking that again. From now on he'd be getting his ice cream from a nice, safe, outdoor stand.

28. - Top - End - #298

After checking a couple of second year classrooms, Jane opened the door of classroom 2-2. A teacher looked up while the classroom was slowly filling itself with students.

"Ah, you must be the new student." The teacher said in a friendly tone. "I'm guessing you must have shown her the way, Miss Kasusa. Excellent job. You can take your seat, class is about to start." Focusing the attention back to Jane, the teacher nodded. "When everybody in the class has gathered, you may introduce yourself. After that you can pick a seat for yourself."

Jane felt to awkward to do anything but to nod nervously.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

When Jason parted ways with Jirou after school, he hurried over to Masaki's cubicle. Hopefully the teacher was there...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Ice Cream Stand

Rin bounces up and down a little more as she gets her ice cream, then gets out of the way so that other people can move up to be served. In doing so, she turns, getting a good view of the current line- thus noting the presence of Jirou.

Hey, it was that kid who totally made a mess of himself by falling on the floor! Remembering the events of the prior day (especially now that she has her ice cream in hand) pick up Rin's mood considerably, and so she waves at Jirou with considerable enthusiasm, using her entire arm and not just her hand.

"Hey!"
    She shouts at him cheerfully, moving over towards him while he's trapped in line, waiting for ice cream and thus unable to escape without abandoning his quest for the tasty treat.
    "I didn't expect to see you here."
    Beaming, she sticks out her hand to him.
    "Sorry, I didn't really get to meet you properly yesterday."