New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

I check this thread! It's just I have no idea what Fairy Tail is. Sounds pretty cool though.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think people post to say 'Yeah I saw but I'm not interested'. So it can look like no one reads it if the only topic for a while is people pitching universe ideas.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #453

Yes, I know but even if I have a thread I can see the view count and be certain that they came to look at the idea spefically.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

4. - Top - End - #454
    Banned

Yeah, so I'm still a little confused as to how I join a game. Do I just go to a thread that I think is interesting with a character and just formally announce "Greetings, I saw your group and would like to converse with you."? Does the context of where the others are matter? Like if they're traveling in some forbidden isolated part of space no one ever wanders to or in the deepest depths of a 40 level underground dungeon, can I just randomly show up in this remote place?

Aside from that, I am interested in joining a group and if I like it I might start my own. For now, I'm just looking for something high fantasy like that's not so strict as I can't be comical in my RPing. Any suggestions?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

First I would suggest reading about the first three or so posts of this thread. After that find the Out of Character (OOC) thread for the universe you wish to join in and just pop in and say hi, ask questions, etc. Beyond that nothing much to it.

There are some areas that are closed to others (usual plots) but for the most part you can just show up anywhere. I would suggest joining the Nexus. While not strictly high fantasy it allows for any kind of character.

Oh, and Welcome.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Yeah, so I'm still a little confused as to how I join a game. Do I just go to a thread that I think is interesting with a character and just formally announce "Greetings, I saw your group and would like to converse with you."? Does the context of where the others are matter? Like if they're traveling in some forbidden isolated part of space no one ever wanders to or in the deepest depths of a 40 level underground dungeon, can I just randomly show up in this remote place?

Aside from that, I am interested in joining a group and if I like it I might start my own. For now, I'm just looking for something high fantasy like that's not so strict as I can't be comical in my RPing. Any suggestions?
    Basically, say "Hi" in the OoC, and ask where a good location for joining that particular RP would be. If you're looking for High Fantasy, the best FFRPG setting for you would be, in my opinion, the Nexus. It's not pure High Fantasy, but there's a lots of High Fantasy elements, and there's nothing stopping you from playing a High Fantasy-esque character.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Mythos is high-fantasy (and was created by me ). The thread for it (The Kingdom of Xor) is on Page 2, I believe. If you want to join in, just post on there and ask to join.

For the Nexus, post on the OoC.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

8. - Top - End - #458
    Banned

Okay, I've looked around and I'm still a little confused. I can't seem to find all the OOC threads for every game. Am I just not looking hard enough, missing them, or does every game not have one. I think I found it for Nexus (this is?). Also, there are about half a dozen threads (if not more) with Nexus in the title. What's with that?

Also, I've looked around and this one called The Pitch looks interesting. It seems to be fantasy and it doesn't have so many posts so I won't feel discouraged for coming in late. Anyone have any info on that?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I've looked around and I'm still a little confused. I can't seem to find all the OOC threads for every game. Am I just not looking hard enough, missing them, or does every game not have one. I think I found it for Nexus (this is?). Also, there are about half a dozen threads (if not more) with Nexus in the title. What's with that?
    The other threads are for specific plots, where each has a GM, as the main one doesn't have a GM.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-06-05 at 05:38 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Think each thread with a [Nexus] tag as a location. They all belong to the same verse. This holds true for most if not all of other FFRPverses.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Also, I've looked around and this one called The Pitch looks interesting. It seems to be fantasy and it doesn't have so many posts so I won't feel discouraged for coming in late. Anyone have any info on that?
    Take my advice, drop by Nexus's Trog's Tavern. It's the place where most characters I've seen introduce themselves.

Interact with anyone you want to interact with, talk to people, make connections, and basically... do whatever you feel like doing. Join a faction, don't join a faction, do a plot. Anything goes. For information regarding Nexus, go here.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    The other threads are for specific plots, where each has a GM, as the main one doesn't have a GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Think each thread with a [Nexus] tag as a location. They all belong to the same verse. This holds true for most if not all of other FFRPverses.
    Can I join any of them?

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Once you have a character in a FFRPverse, you can put them in and out of any location thread you want, unless the thread's description specifies otherwise.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #464

Unless stated otherwise, all Nexus threads are open.

15. - Top - End - #465

The Pitch Age thread is quite new, we'd love to have you. Just give me a minute and I'll grab the Recruitment thread for you, we have yet to make an OOC.

Here you are.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2011-06-05 at 06:45 PM.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

16. - Top - End - #466

The Pitch Age isn't actually a Universe, but an ongoing game kinda thing. The recruitment thread is in the Finding Players Forum. I'm sure if you ask they will let you join since it is so early in the game.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post
    The Pitch Age thread is quite new, we'd love to have you. Just give me a minute and I'll grab the Recruitment thread for you, we have yet to make an OOC.

Here you are.
    You beat me to it

18. - Top - End - #468

I pride myself on punctuality.

Sometimes...
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

I've finally resurrected the Mythos Kingdom of Xor thread. Now to make a new OOC...
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello!

I have been lurking on these FFRP forums on-and-off for a while. I have finally gotten around to making myself a profile, and would like to start participating. The Nexus is what I am mainly looking at, due to it's amazing health.

I have lurked on several forums, and the nexus is the largest, strongest roleplay I have ever seen.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome! Welcome then. The Nexus OOC is here, with the FAQ in the first post of the thread, and you can pop a character into Trog's whenever you like.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Hello!

I have been lurking on these FFRP forums on-and-off for a while. I have finally gotten around to making myself a profile, and would like to start participating. The Nexus is what I am mainly looking at, due to it's amazing health.

I have lurked on several forums, and the nexus is the largest, strongest roleplay I have ever seen.
    In the Nexus, a Prophet in Trog's Tavern is recruiting heroes to save the Nexus from a villain named Ry'Loth. It'd be a great way to get your character involved right away.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2011-06-15 at 12:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

My character is in Trog's, and is currently waiting for an explanation which does not seem to be coming. Make yourself known! I'll push from my metaphysical end, and we'll see where this confused bot goes!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey guys, dradio1 here, I play D&D frequently, and I love the roleplaying aspect. So I'm interested in a FFRP. I don't care for any of that steampunk or mecha stuff too much. However I love fantasy, or modernized fantasy, such as The Olympians. I'm a bit dark when it comes to gaming, a bit in RL too, meh, but those that I trust are not disappointed. In fact, I am very interested in joining the CHB... I have a few ideas...
    Last edited by dradio1; 2011-06-18 at 06:27 AM.
    Before you judge a man, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you judge him, you're a mile away. And you have his shoes.

Mycin Darkcaller is now the offical Djinn angerer of Sehale

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dradio1 View Post
    Hey guys, dradio1 here, I play D&D frequently, and I love the roleplaying aspect. So I'm interested in a FFRP. I don't care for any of that steampunk or mecha stuff too much. However I love fantasy, or modernized fantasy, such as The Olympians. I'm a bit dark when it comes to gaming, a bit in RL too, meh, but those that I trust are not disappointed. In fact, I am very interested in joining the CHB... I have a few ideas...
    As far as I know, CHB is dead. I was wrong, it's still alive

But, if you want fantasy, join Mythos. All you need to do is just post on the Kingdom of Xor thread (it's on page 2) and say what your idea for your character is. If I approve, you can join.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2011-06-18 at 05:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

The X-files-itp. I want to run it. It would have the characters all in teams of two as part of the FBI's team-X, a division of superhuman agents ranging from cyborgs to psychics. Who thinks this would be fun?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Isn't there already one of those?

Brain fail... carry on.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-06-20 at 04:54 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

But would you be interested, Happy?
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

The Nexus and a minor bit of roleplay in Trinity is the most I can handle. But I wish you luck.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! Have a good day, Happy!
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    ~~~~~