New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Formerly iPhone (now other mobile devices) Issues w/ GitP

I don't know specifically if it's just my phone or if this is a legitimate GitP side problem, but either way something strange is happening. My iPhone will only reveal the first 1/4th of a thread, and the rest of it is blank white. I've tried reloading the page multiple times and waiting to see if the rest loads or not, but nothing seems to be working.

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I just alone?
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2012-05-03 at 01:10 AM.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: iPhone + GitP=problem

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I don't know specifically if it's just my phone or if this is a legitimate GitP side problem, but either way something strange is happening. My iPhone will only reveal the first 1/4th of a thread, and the rest of it is blank white. I've tried reloading the page multiple times and waiting to see if the rest loads or not, but nothing seems to be working.

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I just alone?
    Loads fine on my iPhone...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

My iPhone does not seem to have the same problem.

iPhone 4, Verizon, 3G region.
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

... It seems to be working fine now. Sorry for the fuss.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know much about mobile programming, but what would the legality of creating a free GitP iPhone/Android/whatever app? It would just make it easier to read/post in the playground. Would it need The Giant's explicit permission, or as long as there no profit it's fair game?
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Even if it weren't against the forum's rules for us to give you legal advice, you would still be better off getting this question answered by a lawyer who specializes in Intellectual Property law.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh yeah, forgot about that rule. My bad.
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

8. - Top - End - #8

This is not wanted at this stage and would be a complete waste of time anyway, as it would need to be completely re-written in the near future.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

And while some forums have a mobile version, I've never seen a vBulletin forum have one. Not sure if it's a software problem or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10

We have plans to improve mobile accessibility.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Loads fine on my droid. Maybe you should get an android phone! jk trololo
    But it also loaded fine on my iphone when I had one. I think a mobile app would be cool though. Someone else get on that!

12. - Top - End - #12

Yeah, no. At this stage we definitely do not want someone working on an app.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

On my Sidekick 4g (droid) I haven't had a problem until today. I can't open spoilers for some reason. I've tried posting again (in a seperate thread), relaoding the page, resetting my phone, clearing my chace, everything! I can't even select it from the tool bar I had to type in [SPOILER ]
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Formerly iPhone (now other mobile devices) Issues w/ GitP

My mobile issue (on a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play running GINGERBREAD), is that, whenever I log in, checking the "Remember Me" button does not prevent me from being logged out whenever I close my browser.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin View Post
    On my Sidekick 4g (droid) I haven't had a problem until today. I can't open spoilers for some reason. I've tried posting again (in a seperate thread), relaoding the page, resetting my phone, clearing my chace, everything! I can't even select it from the tool bar I had to type in [SPOILER ]
    Try clearing your mobile browser's cache?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfAMailman View Post
    My mobile issue (on a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play running GINGERBREAD), is that, whenever I log in, checking the "Remember Me" button does not prevent me from being logged out whenever I close my browser.
    That option is stored in a cookie. If your mobile browser deletes all of the cookies when you close the browser, you will need to log in again. Look for a setting to allow the cookies to remain.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I solved my problem, I had accidentally disabled JavaScript.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

I have a new issue on my droid razr. I can't use the search box. Not the one at the top, nor the search this forum one. I open it and it immediately closes. Anyone else having this problem?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this is less of a problem and more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'll say it anyways.

On GitP, you can double click the "color letters" button to color your letters whatever color you want them to be. On the iPhone, it will only work the first time because you manually open up the entire list of colors and choose from those colors what you want your text to be dyed. If you try to double click the button on the iPhone as you would on a computer, it will give you the color in the rgb number form and not something like "[COLOR ="Blue"][/COLOR]" for instance.

19. - Top - End - #19

TecnOkami's problem is a known issue -- certain browsers don't report the color of elements in a consistent way. It seems to only come up for some of the colors. As this is a browser-specific thing they've already said it's not likely to be fixed.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The text colour thing is colours with more than one word in their name. One word colours like Red or Orange work when you click the button rather than the drop-down list.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I have a new issue on my droid razr. I can't use the search box. Not the one at the top, nor the search this forum one. I open it and it immediately closes. Anyone else having this problem?
    If you mean that when you click on the search tab, the box opens for a split second and then dissapears, I have that. You need to click it once, wait for it to close; click it again, and then open the advanced search link in a separate tab. I can't get the search bar at the bottom of the forum to ever appear on my phone, so that one I don't know.

If that's not what you mean, then I'm afraid I cannot help, sorry.
    (iPhone 3Gs,AT&T)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright. Thanks SuiuS!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

My pleasure. And you don't always have to open a new tab; I just tend to want my current tab to stay where it is

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

Is there a way to permanently hide the sidebar? I find temporarily hiding it works great on my phone, but doing it every page is a pain...

~

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
    Is there a way to permanently hide the sidebar? I find temporarily hiding it works great on my phone, but doing it every page is a pain...

~
    No, there is not, and there won't be. It's a temporary hack job for the current server and is not being developed further.

26. - Top - End - #26

You do, of course, have the option of writing a script that automatically clicks the button, and using a plugin to make it run on every page (that would be Greasemonkey if you use Firefox, Chrome, or Opera; GreaseKit/NinjaKit if you use Safari; IE7Pro/Sleipnir/iMacros/Trixie if you use IE; or Kango if you use any major PC browser).

However, this script is likely to break if the server administrators make any changes to the website.