New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XLVIII: A Broken Spine is Just a Twist of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    I just got up earlier than normal for work, but despite people being quite sure they were wiping long-inactive accounts up to level 10 this time, the guy who has my name who's level 6 and well over a year inactive is still there.
    I think he only had to play 1 game to maintain the name and not get deleted.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

I just got up earlier than normal for work, but despite people being quite sure they were wiping long-inactive accounts up to level 10 this time, the guy who has my name who's level 6 and well over a year inactive is still there.
    I know that feel.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    It's his same account. He changed it for whatever reason because he wants just "TFT" as his in-game name just how I just want TechnOkami as my in-game name (if you look carefully, the O is actually a 0).

Lucky punk got the name too, 'cause I stayed up late last night & made sure he got it.
    DID I MENTION TECHNO IS THE BEST? BECAUSE TECHNO IS THE BEST.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Because this.
    Does that work on all autoattack resets that aren't consumed on turrets?

Poppy, Nidalee, Mordekaiser and Yorick should all be tested. Sadly I don't actually have any of these.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Does that work on all autoattack resets that aren't consumed on turrets?

Poppy, Nidalee, Mordekaiser and Yorick should all be tested. Sadly I don't actually have any of these.
    Three of the four would surely have been found out already, since they're AP. Also, Poppy's only 450 IP, and great fun.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Three of the four would surely have been found out already, since they're AP. Also, Poppy's only 450 IP, and great fun.
    Which puts me 450 IP farther away from Quinn + Jarvan, who are also great fun, and I already have experience with from free weeks.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    You went through so much trouble to blank out people's names when a) we can just lolking you and find them anyway and b) you missed everyone's name in that "X has joined the room" bit.
    It seemed polite. Quite amusing that I overlooked that, though.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    DID I MENTION TECHNO IS THE BEST? BECAUSE TECHNO IS THE BEST.
    Quoting this. Adding it to my sig. Nothin' you can say 'bout this.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Barbarian in the Playground

I am 11-1 with Dr. Mundo in Ranked, currently.
    Last edited by Happy Gravity; 2013-06-19 at 05:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Gravity View Post

Very merry congratulations to you.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ettin in the Playground

Holla Holla Get Doctor

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Holla Holla Get Doctor
    hahaha

aeiou
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    hahaha

aeiou
    John Madden

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Orc in the Playground

Congratz!
    Also, just noticed the name you gave to the image: MUNDO PROMOTE SELF!
    Very in-character, indeed
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

15. - Top - End - #1365

Which puts me 450 IP farther away from Quinn + Jarvan, who are also great fun, and I already have experience with from free weeks.
    Fair enough. Add Garen to your list; Q is an autoattack reset.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

16. - Top - End - #1366

Just played an ARAM where I was glass cannon AD spash hydra tryndamere with kayle, zilean, and a yorick (plus a sona) as my team.

Near the end I would spin in, go to 1 hp almost instantly, pop ult, then get invulnerabled by kayle, life steal, get kicked back to low health, get zilean ulted, come back to like, get YORICK ulted, die, come back to life AGAIN and get a penta kill under both base towers right before dying.

Much Fun.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2013-06-19 at 08:30 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    Just played an ARAM where I was glass cannon AD spash hydra tryndamere with kayle, zilean, and a yorick (plus a sona) as my team.

Near the end I would spin in, go to 1 hp almost instantly, pop ult, then get invulnerabled by kayle, life steal, get kicked back to low health, get zilean ulted, come back to like, get YORICK ulted, die, come back to life AGAIN and get a penta kill under both base towers right before dying.
    ....Holy boop. I knew I'd seen the name LordShotgun before, but I couldn't place it. I was the Kayle in that game, DJPON3Vinyl!

That was a pretty fun game.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

18. - Top - End - #1368

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    ....Holy boop. I knew I'd seen the name LordShotgun before, but I couldn't place it. I was the Kayle in that game, DJPON3Vinyl!

That was a pretty fun game.
    Ah, that was a different game. We had someone different then a yorick (kogma I think?) and I didn't get a penta, I was amazed at how similar the teams were during champ selection (although I had used both rerolls in the game before to get tryn while in ours I just got it straight away). Not quite the spectacular chain of ults but still damn impressive. I was laughing maniacally when I saw the team squish we were facing.
    Last edited by LordShotGun; 2013-06-19 at 08:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. Add Garen to your list; Q is an autoattack reset.
    But it hits turrets for extra damage. So does Vi's E, for that matter, and most of the other auto resets around except the few I listed.

Garen's Q has a different bug with Zhonya's, though, with the same cause. Q lasts forever until it's consumed - meaning you keep the move speed boost until you hit something. It's amusing.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2013-06-19 at 09:12 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

20. - Top - End - #1370

But it hits turrets for extra damage. So does Vi's E, for that matter, and most of the other auto resets around except the few I listed.

Garen's Q has a different bug with Zhonya's, though, with the same cause. Q lasts forever until it's consumed - meaning you keep the move speed boost until you hit something. It's amusing.
    But the move speed doesn't end when you hit something; in fact the hit cooldown and the move speed duration if you don't hit anything are independent of each other.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Troll in the Playground

But the move speed doesn't end when you hit something; in fact the hit cooldown and the move speed duration if you don't hit anything are independent of each other.
    Under normal circumstances, yes.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2013-06-19 at 10:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1372

Lolking doesn't seem to allow searching for summoners on the Korean servers. Is there an equivalent service I could use that covers that part of the world?

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Quickfind.kassad.in might be able to show you what you need, although I don't think it has all the same stat aggregation that LoLKing does. Between LoLKing, Quickfind and LoLNexus I can usually find what I need (depends on situation).
    Last edited by TheShrike; 2013-06-20 at 01:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike View Post
    Quickfind.kassad.in might be able to show you what you need, although I don't think it has all the same stat aggregation that LoLKing does. Between LoLKing, Quickfind and LoLNexus I can usually find what I need (depends on situation).
    Quickfind got it, thanks!

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ettin in the Playground

Just now noticed Corki was 3150IP.. how is he, usefulness-wise?
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-06-20 at 05:34 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

26. - Top - End - #1376

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I hope it's not too presumptive of me to answer this - my ELO is terrible and I haven't played much in a while, but....

Corki used to be one of the Big Three ADCs in late S2 (alongside Graves and Ex). He deals a mix of physical, damage, and true; he's got a potent long-range poke; he's got a scouting tool; and he's got an "escape" move. Basically, he's got all the pieces you'd want to see in a top-tier ADC.

Since then he's been buffed repeatedly, and yet seems to have completely drifted off the horizons. Lolking has him as the 6th least popular champion in the game. There... might be a reason for that, but the only thing I've heard is simply that S3 itemization doesn't synergize quite as well with him as it does for the other ADCs. Or something.

Maybe he's just uninspiring. I mean, I love yordles, I play nearly all of them when I get the chance, but Corki just leaves me cold. If I'm going to ADC as a yordle, I'll take Tristana despite her well-known problems.

If you're looking to follow the pack, skip Corki. If you're looking for a sleeper "stealth OP" ADC that people have forgotten how to counterplay against effectively... he might be your yordle!

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1377

woah quickfind is awesome! Nice recommendation TheShrike
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

As someone who is far worse than Sonofzeal could ever claim to be: I really liked Corki back in S2, even after the nerfs he received (in fact, I don't think I played him before then).

In S3, however, he just feels... unrewarding, far worse, and frankly borderline worthless. The feeling somehow manages to stick even when I'm doing well. I can't put my finger on it, though. It's weird and I have no idea why it's happening.

I will still at least put in a free week recommendation for The Corki That Was, since I remember when he was a barrel of fun.

(Buuuuut if you want an ADC at 3150 Twitch is kind of amazing.)

Edit: Once again, bad at this game, grain of salt. Possibly the entire dead sea.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2013-06-20 at 06:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

29. - Top - End - #1379

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I was working on a post for this, then my computer ate it by rebooting. So I'll give you the cliff notes version.

As zeal said, Corki used to be one of the "big 3," but he was nerfed quite a bit last August and has seen other carries get buffed and/or released. The comparatively long ranges of these champions, such as Caitlyn,* Draven, and Varus, makes it difficult for the short-range Corki--yeah, he has a long-range ultimate, but not until level 6. He therefore has problems trading early game. Adding to his trading problems are prohibitive mana costs, which look to be toned down somewhat in upcoming patches.

Finally, itemization is still a problem for him. Season 3 nerfed Attack Speed items, which hurts a champion whose passive synergizes with it and who has no innate steroids for it. He likes Trinity Force but the main "carry" stats it gives are a bit of Attack Speed and Critical Chance, so it doesn't get you as far late-game as, say, Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge. (Blade of the Ruined King is probably a good mid-game choice for him, though.) And unlike champions with good AD ratios on their skills, Corki instead gets better AP scaling on three of his abilities. Compare Varus, who gets AD to his Q and E, and Draven, who gets AD to his Q, W, and R. Corki likes CDR because of his spammable skills, but the good CDR items aren't really made for AD carries--Black Cleaver is nearly your only likeable option, and taking CDR boots means your autoattacking is weaker. Unfortunately, the changes to Black Cleaver in Season 3 didn't help Corki much--three of his skills do magic damage, though his one physical damage skill shreds Armor on its own, so there is some synergy there.

Having said all of that, you can make it work, and the next patch should buff him more. He does have a useful escape, does solid AoE damage, and mixed damage types make it harder to itemize resistances (I'd argue the strength of stat penetration in S3 actually holds Corki back, however). His Gatling Gun is silly if you can keep yourself in the fight long enough to shred someone's Armor down.

Corki's just in a weird place right now--do you go for a strong mid-game power spike with Trinity Force and fall off heavily once their carry completes a couple of good items, or do you take a more standard AD carry build and not use it as well because you have lackluster range and weaker ability scaling (compared to those who get AD to skills)? Do you itemize to increase his ability spam with CDR and suffer the same scaling problems? How do you deal with poke from enemy champions before you get your ultimate? These problems aren't insurmountable, but there are a lot of tough questions you have to figure out when playing him, and it's easier to just play Caitlyn.

Were I going to play him, I'd seriously consider taking him mid and going for more of a caster-type build with Black Cleaver and Trinity Force. I'd make him more of an off-carry.

*Caitlyn saw some serious buffs just before Corki was getting nerfed--you see her a lot today because of that.
    Last edited by Ivellius; 2013-06-20 at 06:58 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1380

Jungle changes and overall S3 also accounted for the drop in stature for Corki.

S2 laning was a dangerous place for bot lanes - ganks came early and often, therefore you needed carries with good escapes outside of Flash. Only Ez and Corki, and in some degree Tristana, had a good escape and reliable mechanism.

With the safer laning phase now and the nerf in sustain, carries that can poke, siege well or scale better into the mid-late are favoured.

My favoured ADCs to me now are
    Cait - she's always been strong due to her range and kit.
    Draven - win lane win game
    Tristana - range plus having 2 escape skills is impt for solo queue!

I'm partial to Sivir only cos of trollshield and Wonder Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    You. You and your natural 20s. Why do you hog them? Why?