New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

@knitifine, is generaly preferable to just edit a post several times instead of making 2 or three posts in a row, and to answer your question, I donīt know of a good website for art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

Posted the skeleton of my submission; it's based off a PF class concept I'd been kicking around for a while but didn't know how to put together until now, with some inspiration taken from CthulhuM's wonderful Somaturge class. Heals things, hurts things, summons temporary golems, and can eventually do neat stuff like raising the dead or brainwashing targets by taking command of their life energy.

Knitfine, have you tried looking on Pinterest?
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Thumbs up Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

I haven't, I'll give that a shot next, thank you.

On a seperate note, I was glancing over the animist and I think it's looking pretty snazzy. I'm excited to see what the full version of the class looks like.
    Professional Sorcerer Advocate.

Winner of the Base Class Contest XXXX 'Happy Little Accidents'
    Winning Entry: The Antiquarian (Artifacts, Options).
    Runner Up for Base Class Context XXXXI 'It's In Our Nature'
    Entry: The Egregore (Vermin Companion)

4. - Top - End - #154

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Knitifine View Post
    On a seperate note, I was glancing over the animist and I think it's looking pretty snazzy. I'm excited to see what the full version of the class looks like.
    Eeeeh, yay! Likewise looking forward the the Necrotheurge's completion.
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Got the groundwork for my entry in. It's pretty bizarre as far as classes go since you see all of the negatives first.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #156

MindFlayer

Final Leg. *Pulls Hair Out*

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lanth Sor View Post
    Final Leg. *Pulls Hair Out*
    Ugh. I don't know how I'm gonna finish mine anything like on time, honestly.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'd like to request an extension, I've just finished finals and I'm currently studying pretty vigorously for a competition while trying to get in some break time, so I'm not sure it's realistic for me to finish my entry within the currently allotted time period.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knitifine View Post
    I'd like to request an extension, I've just finished finals and I'm currently studying pretty vigorously for a competition while trying to get in some break time, so I'm not sure it's realistic for me to finish my entry within the currently allotted time period.
    And it seems you're not alone in wanting an extension. Granted. Holidays will slow everyone down, too, so I'll give two additional weeks instead of just one.

Good luck and happy holidays everyone!
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

10. - Top - End - #160

MindFlayer

Other life task have got in the way I need to shift my focus.

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Unfortunately I fell very ill and won't be able to complete the necrotheurge. I've deleted my entry and withdrawn. I wish everyone else the best of luck.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Banned

I'm pretty sure that no entry was actually completed on time. Two entries, the animist and the brahmin have all their class tables and features but not spell-equivalent lists done on time, and one entry, the usury mage, was done completely, but not on time.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I'm pretty sure that no entry was actually completed on time. Two entries, the animist and the brahmin have all their class tables and features but not spell-equivalent lists done on time, and one entry, the usury mage, was done completely, but not on time.
    Yeah.

So, what do? Can people finish within a few days? Should we just start another contest? Do we start voting for two incomplete entries and one complete-but-not-on-time entry?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I got it posted 33 minutes before the deadline ;_;

I just went back in to fix the tables & bold the class features names for readability

*edit: that is not to say I am against an extension. I'd really like to see what these other people can do & if I can stack up against completed entries.
    Last edited by Malapterus; 2018-01-01 at 01:19 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

RedWizardGuy

If I really buckled down and got to work, I could probably finish the class within a couple of days. Ideas have just been escaping me lately.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Malapterus View Post
    I got it posted 33 minutes before the deadline ;_;

I just went back in to fix the tables & bold the class features names for readability

*edit: that is not to say I am against an extension. I'd really like to see what these other people can do & if I can stack up against completed entries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFi View Post
    If I really buckled down and got to work, I could probably finish the class within a couple of days. Ideas have just been escaping me lately.
    Then I'll extend the due date a bit more to the 7th. Hopefully some others can finish as well and we can have a slightly more sporting voting thread.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2018-01-01 at 02:18 PM.
    Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Post Re: Base Class Contest Chat Thread V: I Scored at the Top of My Base Class

I'll try to find some time in the next couple of days to complete the necrotheurge and repost it to thicken the competition (I kept the old post for later completion).

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Since we have a couple days, any comments on my Usury Mage?

I changed a little something so one cannot spam the Soul Draft as much.

19. - Top - End - #169

RedWizardGuy

Argh, I couldn't finish working out the ideas of the class. Sorry. Gonna have to pull out of the contest.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Orc in the Playground

So, I guess this one is a bust?

And it was my first time, too ):

21. - Top - End - #171

MindFlayer

Yeah I tried then got swamped. I'm currently working on my World Anvil for my setting(Era'Guya). Additionally have a class based on a variant on the Mythos system in the works. Using a "class Quest" system instead of how mythos work now. Will post when it doesn't look like 50% of my posts here(incomplete).

Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord

22. - Top - End - #172
    Banned

I think that the Brahmin required too much thought process for me to complete while also grappling with my mental state. Maker - the PrC entry I'm doing right now - is a lot of stuff, but it's also a lot of stuff that's easy to work out. Take another creature, slap three immunities on it, increase its stats, take another creature, slap three immunities on it, increase its stats, maybe give it some SLAs... but my mind is a bit too frazzled for coming up with clever, unique abilities at the moment.

Plus, while the concept was cool, it never really inspired me because I was never sure what a finished Brahmin was supposed to feel like to play. So there's that.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

At this point, I think Death and Renewal should be called as a screwup and given over to Usury Mage by default, as it looks to be the most complete and we're over two months over deadline.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    At this point, I think Death and Renewal should be called as a screwup and given over to Usury Mage by default, as it looks to be the most complete and we're over two months over deadline.
    Or a final 1-week notice, for people to complete whatever they've already submitted?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    Or a final 1-week notice, for people to complete whatever they've already submitted?
    Well, I sent Temotei a PM to be sure the note was received, so we're now kinda just waiting.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    I suppose a one-week final notice would be fine given that I've been fairly absent.

Changing final date to 2359 on Monday, March 26th.
    Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    I suppose a one-week final notice would be fine given that I've been fairly absent.

Changing final date to 2359 on Monday, March 26th.
    And the contest given up for dead is back! (Looks at theme). Damn, that's so meta.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

*is suddenly tempted to actually cram out preliminary version of subsystem*

...The question is which subsystem do I want to work out, because I have a surprising number of different ideas for them, and can twist basically all of them into fitting the theme, one way or another. I mean, I could also make a monster class akin to Oslecamo's MinMax ones, in which case I could just go with the surprising variety of Frankenstein's Monster analogues present rolled into one class, probably with a subclass thing to delineate type of monster.

Granted, there's subsystem ideas I've had specks of for... over two years now (wow, it's been a long time since I got the Tricossiate thread locked for necromancy) that could easily tie in fairly well, which would also make a central mechanic that's hellishly difficult to work with on the Cadaver Golem part of the idea easier to integrate. Being able to point towards a list of partial classes instead of needing to exhaustively detail every interaction would make it easier to work with, basically.

Hmm... Well, for starters, to be eligible for this would mean that it'd have to be race-agnostic. Not particularly hard, and would make tying "renewal" in easier, but it might lead to some odd clauses for the sake of retaining thematic coherence. The main clause would be "you have to have died in the past", with a limited selection of initial options that all give some method of self-resurrection. Even if it's utterly unsupported by any existing mechanic in that subsystem.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

I may exist need to consider a list of non-Lawful Fire beings. And to remember how 3.5 works. And to figure out if I can hammer out a new subsystem-esque thing in a few days.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    And the contest given up for dead is back! (Looks at theme). Damn, that's so meta.
    All according to plan.

Not really.
    Homebrew