New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I don't have the energy for playing all my current characters, let alone making new ones.

Frankly, seeing as several people who were in plots I am involved in have effectively left, I'm stuck in limbo.

Oh, and unlike some of you slackers, I'm working 50+hr weeks, 6 days a week, and trying to squeeze in a social life and one or two other gaming sites in.

Frankly, the luster from this game has faded, mostly due to pacing.
    But also because I'm not sure what I want from it anymore.
    Oh, I got the work, plus school. I've had to toss my social life out the window. This is about as social as I get nowadays.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Maybe we should just restart. It'd at least let everyone figure out exactly what they want out of the game. I'm not sure we put that together on the way in. Or at least, if we did, I feel like we lost sight of it somewhere down the road.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-02-14 at 12:39 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still here, and still interested. I've just... burned out on the RP, I think. I just don't know what to post for my characters anymore. I think it's largely my fault for just having so many.

So, really, I don't know. If we were to continue this iteration of the game, I guess I might be able actually get something written if I dropped a significant portion of my characters, or let other people take some of them over if they wished.

If we started again? I don't know if I'd join that.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    -How about a healthy number of people make new characters, all Shinigami students in the Academy. School days in the Seretei with very low powered Shinigami characters. Maybe they are last year students in the Academy. We could have already established characters show up as teachers or tutors or just cameos, so we dont forget the other characters. As the students are late in their studies they would even get a chance to go to the real world for a training mission or two. No Shikai or Bankai, just low level Kido and basic techniques. It would all ultimately move towards graduation and Division assignment, and their Zanpaktuo name.
    Like this idea, but I do agree with tgva8889 in that having too many people be important for a plot might slow it down immensely. Maybe we should try to keep the groups small? Have tasks and missions be handed out to smaller groups or make sure that the tasks are not dependent on everybody doig something all the time?

On that note, maybe we should try to come up with some sort of system to prevent plots to stall for a long time. If we start anew or find a way around the missing players this time, there is still a risk of everything getting stuck in the future.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground

Not sure I like the idea of starting over. The game's been going on for what? A year now? It's had its ups and downs, but I'd rather not see the whole thing turn out completely inconclusive.

TGVA has also summed up the reason we should probably do small myriad plots instead of one large plot with everyone.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

I think the problem with larger groups of people in one plot is that some people arent committed to post often. I checked the site multiple times a day when i had time, and when i didnt i still checked in usually once in the morning and once in the evening.

I could probably post once a day, or at least every two days. And i think the more interested people in the game might be similar, which is why i suggested it before those who were very interested. And Frozen bringing up the topic of who was still very interested. I think it could work, but its just my opinion.

Though, after reading the responses, i do think we could probably split the interested people into little groups and RP from there. I think the Shinigami Academy plot has the capability to keep interest and allow for small groups.

How about this, and i dont want to make Bleach into a full on Naruto like thing, so bare with me.

-In light of the recent incursions into the Soul Society and Seretei by as well as the Kido Corps defection, and other security breakdowns, the Gotei is rather thin in its ranks. Thus, the Captain General has issued that the final year students in the Academy will be put on an advanced program for their last semester.
    -They will be split into groups of 4 (maybe 3? though that seems too Naruto...but seeing as Kira, Izuru, Momo and Rukia Renji were like a little group in some way it seems plausible), and a current Shinigami from the Gotei 13 will be assigned to them to personally expedite their training. The ultimate goal is graduation and obtaining their Zanpaktuo's name, with the advanced students being pushed for Shikai.
    -Visits to the Rukongai, Earth are expected as well as one on one training of tutor and student.
    -Inter-team scrimmages will be encouraged as well, because, before the graduation and Division assignment there will be a competition between the teams resulting in high honors and guaranteed seated positions upon graduation to the winners.

--We could focus on two teams (4+1 and 4+1), the two most advanced groups, and their rivalry and training in preparedness for the final competition and graduation.
    --This allows for new low level characters to be made to spark some new interest, and since they are low level their powers etc. do not need to be entirely filled out and detailed. A basic background, maybe the basic concept of their Shikai would be all that is needed to begin. (ie, kid from the 23rd District, son of a merchant, always had a thing for water and could swim fast and hold his breath a long time, decent with a sword but kido is his thing...NOT that this is all you would need for the new character, but fleshing it out a giving some specifics in more paragraph form would be all that is needed)
    --If someone is vehemently against making a new character, and is interested, they can be a tutor (though spots for that will obviously be limited). Though being a tutor may prove for the MOST work of any of the players in the game as they will have to come up with training and missions, as well as play NPC baddies or others. They will need to be very active RPers and log in a lot to make sure their other members are not stagnant.
    --We can make three new threads (Episode 14? Advanced Academy Program, Episode 14a? Team 1, Episode 14b? Team 2). The first being for general RP between the teams and the program in general (allowing for cameos or other characters to show up, as well as ultimately the competition and scrimmages). The second and third being for Team specific training and missions. Episode 14a and b would probably be where most the RP is done for large chucks of time.
    --It also allows for a player to be multiple characters (as long as they aren't in the same team) if we get more people and want to start another team.

---Where it fits in, and time-wise, this could all have been, or is going on during all the other episodes and RP.
    ---Keeping the new characters and team missions away from the major storylines already going on i think is key. So if they go to Earth, they dont meet the students, or maybe they just see them and dont interact instead focusing on other NPC students or a different school altogether. If they want a coffee or something, they go to a different coffee shop other than Venti's. If they meet other shinigami, they are NPC's from a division (or are people who are absolutely willing to be active in the thread, but even then their involvement should be only cameo driven if a PC)

Whadda ya think?
    Might be fun. Gives some short term goals, an event to be the culmination, personal RP and character building. One on one RPing even allows for the other members of the group to RP in response.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

It's not a bad idea Goto, but part of the problem with it is that some people have already expressed disinterest in making new characters. (I'm juggling like 9 of them myself, at this point.)

However, it might work if we mostly NPC each other's newbies. (I.e. I NPC one newbie, KD NPCs another, Terry NPCs another etc. with someone else playing his/her seated officer tutor, with a similar arrangement for the party under one of my character's wings).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #308
    Pixie in the Playground

i understand the disinterest in making new characters.

Though before we write off the idea because a few people dont want to make new characters, maybe we could get a check of who might be willing to make a new low level character for this.

We could also have the tutor shinigami change during the semester???, so that would allow more people to run their old characters in the plot a little.

Also, and this is important, this plotline would not have to mess up any other plotlines, or stop any others from sontinuing or beginning. It only gives an avenue for getting RP in this game going again. Maybe with people just Rping in this more, they will get more motivated to get back to their other characters and storylines.

If there is interest i dont see why we cant run it regardless of other people's storylines and RP.

Let's gauge some interest and go from there.

SO.....If you are interested in this plotline, reply to the topic and share your thoughts and interest. If not interested in THIS plotline, then explain what you are interested in, or if you are just not interested at all in any of it. Also if you dont have time to contribute or very often let us know that too! Real life responsibilities are what they are, but as long as we communicate it with each other hopefully we can all be happy.

-----------------
    From what i can see posted so far: ( i can update this as more feedback comes in)

Frozen:
    -interested in getting back involved
    -wants to finish Ep 11

Kuro:
    -interested in RPing
    -likes Gaiden episodes or smaller episodes
    -not sure on idea of starting over
    -Shinigami Academy idea might work

Hirokatsu:
    -interested in RPing
    -likes Shinigami Academy plotline
    -would make a new character for this plot
    -would use one of his older characters as a tutor or as a cameo
    -could post once every day or two at the minimum
    -little interest in starting over, but may be swayed
    -would push for time skip ahead in time (significant time)

CMOT:
    -interested in RPing

KD:
    -not interested in making a new character
    -seems burnt out because of pacing, energy, and personal life outside forum

TGVA:
    -interested in RPing
    -not interested in making a new character
    -several ideas for what to do with existing his characters
    -interest in minor plotline for human kids

Keveak:
    -interested in RPing
    -interested in Shinigami Academy plot, worried on original idea of too many players in one plot. (is smaller group RP a solution?)

Draken:
    -interested in RPing

Maximus:
    -interested in RPing

Dorizzit:
    -interested in RPing

Anime:
    -interested in RPing

Kerfuffle:
    -interested in RPing
    -likes Shinigami Academy plotline

Terry:
    -interested in RPing

Vulcan:
    -interested in RPing??

Edge:
    -interested in RPing
    -burnt out
    -feels he has too many characters
    -probably not interested in starting over with the game

---------------

So (and this is just spitballing) here is a little breakdown with that info:

Team 1:
    -tutor-Kuro
    -Kerfuffle
    -Maximus
    -Terry
    -NPC (Edge/FF/KD?)

Team 2:
    -tutor-Hirokatsu
    -Keveak
    -CMOT
    -Dorrizit
    -NPC (Edge/FF/KD?)

Team 3:
    -tutor-Tgva
    -Draken
    -Anime
    -Vulcan
    -NPC (Edge/FF/KD?)

THIS IS JUST A LOOSE BREAKDOWN OF WHO HAS SHOWN INTEREST

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

While I really like the characters I've made, I'm basically open to however the RPing is set up. What my characters need to do matters not, as I feel safe in saying that I could tailor any situation to fit my character without changing too much. Heck, I already did that with Myojin once.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, back again. I really should get back into this RP, so I'll throw out my feelings on my characters and hopefully that will help us figure out this situation.

Pico Kurazume: My personal favorite out of the bunch, and the one character that I would keep if I could only keep one. The last time I checked, he was remarkably easy to roleplay, he has a lot of character potential, and all in all he's just fun to watch make a rear-end out of himself.

Carmelia: Another character I like. I don't really know where she is going, but I do feel she's going somewhere, and is at least involved somewhat in the goings-on of the world.

Rosa Blanca-Wilson Alberez: ...You know, I'm not so sure about her. I can't help but feel that she's more than a little bland, and almost feels tacked on to the show. It seems like the most significance she's had is basically saying, "Yep, the spirit worlds exist, and they like to blow stuff up", and, "Yep, people order a lot of coffee around here". Maybe I'm just not seeing something but...yeah.

Sigint Kageen: Poor guy. I feel like he could've been really something. Thing is, what with making him a one man surveillance system, I felt obligated to know every single thing that happened, and I just could not handle it. Every time I scrolled through the walls of texts, my eyes glazed over and I shut down. I still feel like he can be a great character, I'm just not sure I could ever do this guy justice.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

11. - Top - End - #311

Okay, yeah, that academy idea sounds awesome to me. Count me in.

And yes, I'm already going over a couple character ideas in my head for a new character. No problem there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

For the record, I have no desire to start over. The only thing that keeps me in this game is continuity, the desire to see certain plots and character interactions come to finish. These are:

Elder Vs. Akio, Hotaru and Allan, plus Elder and Silva.

Lalita Vs. Cuerva and/or Von Geister

Hannibal against whoever, really. Though one or all from Rouga, Sereg and Pico would be ideal.

Mihail and Cha-Cha.

Sayuri and Soushi.

While there's a big plot I'd like to build upon Elder, it's only big in what it implies for the setting - once Ep. 11 is done, it does not need a lot of characters. I'd be more than happy to play her part as a duel, or series of duels, maybe in more Episodes.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I don't want to necessarily be involved in an Academy plot. That sounds very much like "let's just start a new game" to me. If that's what we want, then that sounds fine.

I have proposed a plot for the Mortal World kids to consider. It is a character development-centric plot, rather than action-packed. It only requires myself to initiate in theory (since I could have Kina initiate the conversation with the new character who can seal powers). The kids can react however they want to this new element. This plot/character may also be interesting in that Sereitei and Hueco Mundo may have their own reactions to a character who can seal away people's powers, which is why I proposed it.

To be honest, though, I really want to just create a big villain character and start sending villainous stuff out there for people to deal with. I know Sereitei gets the **** kicked out of them, but if we're going for an Action Plot, let's just throw some fights out there.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm up for anything. I could make new characters, I could reuse the same ones, they haven't done much. I really don't want this game to die.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    I don't want to necessarily be involved in an Academy plot. That sounds very much like "let's just start a new game" to me. If that's what we want, then that sounds fine.

I have proposed a plot for the Mortal World kids to consider. It is a character development-centric plot, rather than action-packed. It only requires myself to initiate in theory (since I could have Kina initiate the conversation with the new character who can seal powers). The kids can react however they want to this new element. This plot/character may also be interesting in that Sereitei and Hueco Mundo may have their own reactions to a character who can seal away people's powers, which is why I proposed it.

To be honest, though, I really want to just create a big villain character and start sending villainous stuff out there for people to deal with. I know Sereitei gets the **** kicked out of them, but if we're going for an Action Plot, let's just throw some fights out there.
    We actually have a number of fairly underdeveloped villains, if you stop to think about it. The Kidou Corps. defection plot hasn't properly gotten off the ground (at least not since Famine beat the crap outta them silly fellows and Cuerva got herself a new pony plaything pet ally), the Samsara plot never got a proper start... Nothing says we can't really create another troublemaking character, though the whole "random encounter" thing will only entertain us for a relatively short while.

Speaking of SaiSou, Frozen, you, me and KD could use a little talk about what happens when Masaru tries to give Soushi relationship advice. Akira is more than welcome to add to the fustercluck that's likely to turn into, if KD and Frozen do not object (I obviously don't).

EDIT: On the flipside, given how Seireitei has been getting the stuffing beaten out of them on a regular basis lately, a relatively minor villain character to inconvenience them (given the aforementioned situation) might well be a good opportunity for the SS guys to get a chance to shine that doesn't necessarily require Captain-level involvement and that makes them feel significantly less woefully incompetent than the recent string of incidents could have made them look to be.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2012-02-14 at 07:04 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Unfortunately, those villains are either absent players or trapped in a limbo created by absent players.

I'd be okay with the kind of villain character who creates a threat that for some reason the Captains cannot respond to (I dunno, maybe they're all busy doing their actual damn jobs or something), so a bunch of lower seats go out to deal with it. If anyone wants I can start building that character nowish.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Let's see what you come up with. Any particular ideas in mind?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Not particularly. I'm not the best person at making villains, and such a villain would have to be able to get to Sereitei. But we'll see where this thought process takes me.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm around, just undergoing constant fatigue. Did a medical check up. Waiting for results.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #320

The only problem I'm having is that Absalon is way into his fight, and I'm waiting for a reply, but I don't know if it will happen. I don't really want to disengage from it if they're going to come back. What do?

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hey guys, I'm not sure if Terry is coming back, so in the mean time what can I have my Hueco Mundo character, Kyoki, do? Come to think of it, is there anything going on in the soul society thread at the moment?
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-02-16 at 02:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    The only problem I'm having is that Absalon is way into his fight, and I'm waiting for a reply, but I don't know if it will happen. I don't really want to disengage from it if they're going to come back. What do?
    It seems horngeek is on one of his absent streaks. Even more, once he does come back, I need his character for another thing.

So, I suggest you have Absalon go and help Mimus. Dorizzit is at least a bit more present, so I think it'd be more fun for the lot of you.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

I've been dancing around the issue OOCly quite a bit, but, I'm quitting. I'll save getting into the reasons. I'll pass my characters to whoever is interested. I'll provide write-outs for those who can't be passed. Sorry I can't stay on, I just don't really have the patience for it anymore.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Orc in the Playground

Hate having to say this, but sorry to see you go.

If you ever feel like dropping by again, we'll be kickin' around.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

Im sorry to see you go too Strawberry...

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 19: Dempsey Rolling with SWORDS!

I didn't do much related to your characters, Strawberry, but I am sad to see you go regardless. I will be sad not to interact with you IC, but a game is no fun if you can't leave it when you aren't having fun no more.

Wish I could offer to take over a character, but I don't think I know enough to do them justice. ^_^'
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

27. - Top - End - #327

Wow, Cuerva is a boss. I weep for Absalon if she ever finds out.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Wow, Cuerva is a boss. I weep for Absalon if she ever finds out.
    Oh not to worry I`ll likely get the blame.
    Only problem being no one will miss me if I'm killed

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Not to post twice in a row but considering my character's whole mimic thing including memories of the victim could that apply to using Kiddo?
    If not umm please tell me ^_^;
    I don't want to make anyone angry.

30. - Top - End - #330

The limit of your character's abilities is up to you; the ability to use Kidō doesn't seem particularly unreasonable to me.

That said, Shakkahō is a bit out of Allan's skill level with Kidō; he only recently started using it competently, and still isn't able to pull off anything above level 25-ish in an actual fight. If Mimus is copying him, she shouldn't be able to use it.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.