New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Shinnmoso, have you been keeping up with this thread? If so, it would be nice to have an answer to the concerns that have been raised in it. To reiterate: What are the Anti-Skill actually doing right now? In your last post they sighted a target and opened fire on them, but there's a lot of confusion about the identity of that target. Furthermore, nobody in the area has done anything to warrant being gunned down without warning by armed commandos. Some clarification on these issues would be very helpful, because at the moment they're preventing anyone from responding to your posts.
    I had a problem like this in one of the play-by-post games of DnD on here. He may be ignoring the OOC thread altogether and is only bothering to read the IC thread. The guy in the DnD thread was off doing his own thing, even controling the DM's characters. It wasn't until I addressed him IC that he realized we were all trying to get his attention in OOC. He said he wasn't paying attention to the OOC at all.

Maybe its the same case here?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Good point. PM sent.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Good point. PM sent.
    Let us know if he responds.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well if nobody objects, I'm gonna take Yamato for a spin. Don't worry plot isn't really starting yet, just feel like introducing him.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

5. - Top - End - #215
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Sorry, I have been real busy lately. High School, choosing colleges and stuff. I haven't really had time to check up lately.

About the actions of the Anti-skill. I would call it a misidentification of targets. So the shots fired can be say, a preventive measure. So one round would be fired to just make sure it doesn't harm anyone.

I hope this quickly answers your questions. I do apologize that I haven't had time to check up on the OCC that often.

6. - Top - End - #216

That still doesn't answer where they are shooting, whom they are shooting etc. Why they are there in the first place even. Right now I think it's too late for people to suddenly react to it. Cause of the vagueness of the post I think some people have already moved on, at least my characters did.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

I hope it isn't too bold of me, but I think I'll start posting later tonight if there are no objections cause I am eager to join in the madness.
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bago!!! View Post
    I hope it isn't too bold of me, but I think I'll start posting later tonight if there are no objections cause I am eager to join in the madness.
    No! You can not post! Why would you ever think you would be able to?

Nah. I'm just kidding. You can post anytime you want. We actually didn't know why you waited, but that's fine.

Anyways, I take it that Jane's company just walks by Jason without looking at him? Considering how one of them should recognize him?

9. - Top - End - #219

You do know that Jirou is sort of... absentminded right now, right? You could approach him of course.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    You do know that Jirou is sort of... absentminded right now, right? You could approach him of course.
    Indeed. I've been working under the assumption that Jason would be the one to recognise him, since he's in a far better position to do so. Besides which, it gives Silver more control over how and when he enters the group.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Let me think about it for a brief moment then on how to do it.

12. - Top - End - #222

In the meantime I've got no clue what to do with Jane for a moment. As long as she stays around the boys they'll have a longer effect of the mental wave. Though I don't think the guys would like the idea that Jane accidentally messed with their mind. So right now she's weighing if she should stay or go. Then again for the plot I'm planning on setting up on 'Sunday' it would be nice if they left on a friendly note.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

In the meantime I've got no clue what to do with Jane for a moment. As long as she stays around the boys they'll have a longer effect of the mental wave. Though I don't think the guys would like the idea that Jane accidentally messed with their mind. So right now she's weighing if she should stay or go. Then again for the plot I'm planning on setting up on 'Sunday' it would be nice if they left on a friendly note.
    I could have Katsu interrupt? He was unaffected by her powers (In lieu of not being there at the time) and chaotic enough to get everybody on some weird quest for croissants or something and forget to talk about the mind-wave entirely!

Or at least quick enough to give them all a rap on the head and stare until they become friends again.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

...Then again for the plot I'm planning on setting up on 'Sunday' it would be nice if they left on a friendly note.
    As far as Jirou goes, that's quite possibly what will happen. Assuming that the blast's effects are fading gradually rather than instantly, there's no reason to suppose that many of its targets will realise that it ever happened. After all, it's not as if any of the affected people actually remember the incident itself. And the human psyche tends to be very good at rationalising its own actions, whether or not it had anything to do with them. Anyway, that's the approach I'm planning to take with Jirou. Unless someone explicitly points out the discrepancies to him afterwards, he'll be none the wiser.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-02-04 at 05:12 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi guys. So, uh, what did I miss? Would it be terribly offensive or nonsensical for me to jump back in?

Spoiler
    Show
    Biographical Data:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Shelley Tieger
    Level: 0
    Official Status: Registered, non-threatening. (She is technically in the system from her initial tests, and detectors in Academy City will still identify her as legal if she starts showing psionic activity again; they aren't programmed to notice the discrepancy.)
    Whatever: female
    Appearance: 5'7", blonde, ponytail. Still looks rather thin, wobbly and anemic from a year of being nearly bedridden, but is recovering. Speaks with an accent that is especially obvious when she is excited.

Interests: Music, particularly that of extremely high definition;
    Making fun of bad movies;
    Making fun of good movies;
    Chilling with her friends in the A/V club

Backstory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shelley's family moved to Tokyo about nine years ago so that her mother could maintain her job at a cell-phone company. Her dad, previously a post-doctoral student at the university of Glasgow, eventually earned his professorship and joined the faculty of Academy City in the study of super science.

A little over a year ago, just after officially moving to the school dormitories, Shelley decided to volunteer for the testing program, figuring it would be fun. She was a little old for it (most kids are subjected to the tests in elementary school) but since her father was still really excited about the subject at the time, he went ahead and signed the waiver (because seriously, elementary school? That's crazy.)

It was not fun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a few days of examinations both mental and physical, Shelley was subjected to a number of brain-jolting procedures geared toward the most promising avenue in her neurological profile. She fell asleep on the fourth day hooked up to a series of sensors, wires, and IVs.

During the night, she woke up to the sound of a phone ringing in the next room over. Okay, whatever, it's Japan and the walls are thin. She tried to get back to sleep.

She did not get back to sleep.

Throughout the night, Shelley's ears were assaulted by flushing toilets, ringing phones, and traffic noise. Gradually, these were joined by approaching footsteps, running water, whispers escalating into shouts, clicking keyboards turning into mad typewriter mashings. As the bright purple sunrise began to creep into the room, she clenched her eyes shut and covered her ears with her hands, only for the quickening sound of her own heartbeat to join the fray.

"MORNING, SUNSHINE."

Shelley opened her eyes. The sun was up, but the room was no less purple. Until the doctor loudly flicked on the fluorescent lights, at which point it turned green and pixelated. The doctor himself was glowing red, and his cologne reeked to high heaven. Shelley pinched her nose. She could still hear her own heartbeat, though it wasn't quite as loud as everyone's breathing. Everything was just merging together into crashing white noise at this point.

*CLOP* *CLOP* *CLOP* "...SHERRY? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

She couldn't take it anymore.

"SH-*rk*"

She covered her ears again. Her own voice did that. That hurt.

Her eyes grew wide. Everything was pixels. She felt sick, and the cologne stench was not helping.

"HYPERVENTILATING... NURSE!"

"AAghsst... *sniff* *whimper*"

After an excruciating series of tests, it was deemed that Shelley was not fit for training. She was taken home to her parents with a pair of earmuffs and a letter detailing her new colorblindness and a list of other possible disabilities. She could barely recognize her mother through the green and red haze, and everyone's voices were completely distorted, but she could smell that she was home. At that point, that was all that mattered.

All of her senses were apparently damaged by the procedure, and thanks to the signed release forms, there was nothing for her to do but stay at home and adapt. Between then and now, Shelley has managed to regain enough of a grasp of her surroundings to be accepted back to school.

Power Explanation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (E)Sper Ability: Sensory Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 0: Her current level. Light and sound are compressed in their frequency spectra, new sensations are distracting, and loud noises are painful. Her powers are as often a liability as an asset.

Level 1: She finally gets a complete grip on the spectrum of information that her senses are giving her. She can distinguish light and sound frequencies as well as she could before, and can do the same with the new frequencies and smaller amplitudes she now has access to. She can distinguish between individuals by smell and can sometimes tell where a given person has been if they're particularly stinky. She starts to develop new nerve endings throughout her body, creating a more granular sense of touch that's mostly good for catching ticks and leeches.

Level 2: She learns to filter through sensory information for particular sights and sounds. With concentration, she can make out fine details as though using binoculars, listen to a whispered conversation on the other side of a crowd, or sniff out your lost cell phone in a pile of garbage.

Level 3: Her increasing sensory processing power readily does all of the level 2 feats in an instant. She can see your arm begin to tense up before you pull the trigger and twist aside, creating the illusion that she can dodge bullets. She can count the change in her purse without so much as reaching her hand in.

Level 4: With concentration, she can see great distances as though with a high-powered sniper scope. Close up, she make out the individual skin cells on the back of your hand. Her nose can match said skin cells up with the person they came from. If she can pick out your voice in a crowd, she can track it as you walk across town. She can feel her own hair and skin cells routinely sloughing off if she chooses to pay attention. She can count the change in your pocket without so much as looking at you. She can listen to your heartbeat from anywhere in the building. She can look a you and tell which of your organs is inflamed by its elevated temperature. She can track burrowing creatures by vibrations in the ground.

Level 5: In space, Shelley can hear you scream.
    New cells and neural connections were necessary to expand the amount of information coming in, and accelerated transmission and interaction was needed to put it to good use. You could say that she's manipulating her nervous system a bit more generally, but specializes in this one angle because the first, involuntary burst wound up tossing her down that road.

In the experiment, the new cells and connections were built in the initial sparks of her awakening. In her discomfort, she wound up suppressing the ability, but that didn't make the new connections go away. The speed and reaction enhancement that lets her process all of the new channels simultaneously requires that she actually have her psychicness turned on, so until that happens again her sensory nervous system just seems like a tangled mess.

I freely admit that the rules of cool, plot, and drama played into it as well. Shelley relies on a lot of technobabble for what eventually boils down to a simple "keen senses" shtick, but I guess that's psionics for you.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2014-04-04 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Wow I was bad at grammar two years ago

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Hi guys. So, uh, what did I miss?
    The robot attack was repelled by Espers; A trio of them then assembled to track down the source, but were hindered by the fact that two of them hated each other; Tokiwadai gained a new student called Avery Tychus, who managed to keep her coat under difficult circumstances; Hajime made a table; Hinata launched a premeditated dance attack on a flustered girl, which was surprisingly well received; They left to grab some food, just before everyone in their former location erupted into a spontaneous riot; The aforementioned Esper trio climbed into the sky on an invisible staircase and then came down on an invisible waterslide; Avery was recruited by a ragtag team of vigilantes with a penchant for thematic links; Kenta was held captive by a crazed Esper; And then physically crushed by another one; And then smashed with a psychic shockwave from a third; Oh, and his high score at the arcade was beaten too.

Would it be terribly offensive or nonsensical for me to jump back in?
    Not at all. Welcome back.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

So I guess we should work on to the next day, huh?

18. - Top - End - #228

Alrighty, we'll just have to distract everybody to make sure none of them will realize what has happened.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Hey guys, whats the weather in the city like at the moment?
    My life for Nerzhul!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, whats the weather in the city like at the moment?
    Fine and sunny for the first time in a while. The weather is rather fickle at the moment, so it's anyone's guess what it will be tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Is it relatively warm? Is there snow?

Edit: Also, would anyone mind if I bumped into someone as part of my intro?

Edit 2: What is the average size for people of 14-15?
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-05 at 09:32 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it relatively warm? Is there snow?

It's warm today, but there was ice and light snow around yesterday. So yes, there are probably still patches of it left here and there.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope! What is your guy going to be doing, most likely?

About 5'4", for both sexes.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Whoops... I made a tall 15 year old then... ^_^!

Anyway, my current idea was that he was to busy with thinking while walking that he bumps into someone, literally.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-06 at 12:44 AM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Just making sure. Were going to go through dinner, say good night, and then were going to start Sunday, correct?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Just making sure. Were going to go through dinner, say good night, and then were going to start Sunday, correct?
    Nothing's set in stone yet. There's a general outline that's been floating around, but things could easily end up playing out differently.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    About 5'4", for both sexes.
    Really? That's... 16 cm less than the average Dane according to Wikipedia (Seems accurate for the age range as well given that my 186 cm at the time was not the tallest in class at all.)

You people are tiny.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

In case someone didn't get the reference, Entwater is Cale's name for the water that Merry and pippin drink while among the ents, that caused them to grow much taller then the average hobbit.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

I know about the reference. I even smiled a bit, though I am not sure if my character would get the reference right off the bat.

In any case, I just realized I forgot to add something! >w<
    John is Bilingual. He's fluent in speaking English and Swedish.
    My life for Nerzhul!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I know about the reference. I even smiled a bit, though I am not sure if my character would get the reference right off the bat.

In any case, I just realized I forgot to add something! >w<
    John is Bilingual. He's fluent in speaking English and Swedish.
    But not Japanese?

The entire game takes place in Japan so you'd expect he'd know.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.