New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    But not Japanese?

The entire game takes place in Japan so you'd expect he'd know.
    It's cultural background. He's currently striving to learn some words and phrases in japanese, but as of yet, he's only bilingual. ^_^
    My life for Nerzhul!

Join the Cult of the Damned, we have free donuts on fridays! -Bago!!!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

Could use some helpful critique for my avatar that I made. Please?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bago!!! View Post
    It's cultural background. He's currently striving to learn some words and phrases in japanese, but as of yet, he's only bilingual. ^_^
    In that case, you might want to indicate this fact in his speech. The standard assumption is that people are speaking fluent Japanese, with any other languages being indicated with enclosing symbols (such as straight brackets). As it happens characters like Jirou and Jane speak fluent english anyway, but plenty of others don't. Avery, for example, may well be unable to understand his apology to her, which will affect her response to it.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

I did indicate it in the posts I think but I'll change it when I can.

Edit: Wait... Is Jirou and Cale speaking english or japanese?
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-06 at 08:07 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

"There is a fine line between life and death. The thing is, I just don't give a damn." Lou

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Nothing's set in stone yet. There's a general outline that's been floating around, but things could easily end up playing out differently.
    Well, I'll just follow that course set unless something works out differently.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

I did indicate it in the posts I think but I'll change it when I can.

Edit: Wait... Is Jirou and Cale speaking english or japanese?
    Japanese; That's the default. When speaking english their words are always enclosed in markers to distinguish it from the norm. For instance, Jirou uses "[Square brackets.]".

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Japanese; That's the default. When speaking english their words are always enclosed in markers to distinguish it from the norm. For instance, Jirou uses "[Square brackets.]".
    Then he completely and totally didn't understand what they said.

Edit: Just finished editing my post. Now it's more proper of a response for someone who doesn't understand japanese.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-07 at 01:37 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

OK, lost track a while ago due to inactivity. Exactly what's happened so far?
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

There is a mess in front of the Arcade. Everyone is trying to recover after getting punched in the brain.

If we are going to move steadily into tomorrow, I might as well take Jason home and hope to get teamed up with people in the morning.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo66 View Post
    OK, lost track a while ago due to inactivity. Exactly what's happened so far?
    Well, more recently, Jane has accepted your baguit, my character bumped into your character, speaking appologies in english, and then Jirou is making sure the baguette is fine. And Cale is talking about entwater.

In the grand scheme of things... Arcade ruined, people congregating around Jane, Jane accepting a baguette and the baguette could possibly be in danger.
    My life for Nerzhul!

10. - Top - End - #250

And both me and Jane are wondering why people are congregating around Jane. I'm bit at a loss of what to do with the story though until we're at a new day. Unless I could get some anti skill and send everybody home? No place for kids and the like.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    And both me and Jane are wondering why people are congregating around Jane. I'm bit at a loss of what to do with the story though until we're at a new day. Unless I could get some anti skill and send everybody home? No place for kids and the like.
    If everybody's anxious to begin the next day then this seems like a good option.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Does this mean my character's intro is over after two posts?

That was quick. Ah, well. I hope the plot draws my character back in.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-08 at 07:19 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Does this mean my character's intro is over after two posts?

That was quick. Ah, well. I hope the plot draws my character back in.
    In all honesty, continuing this scene probably wouldn't do much for the advancement of your (or anyone else's) character. The day's plots and stories are mostly over by this point; Everyone's just aimlessly milling about now. If it's meaningful interaction that you want, then starting a new day seems like a better move than trying to extend this one past its natural end.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Just think of it like you are watching an episode. You see your character at the end of one day with not much gievn about his character, only that he's there and exists. Then when the next day/episode comes around, he shows off his awesome characterization.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

In all honesty, continuing this scene probably wouldn't do much for the advancement of your (or anyone else's) character. The day's plots and stories are mostly over by this point; Everyone's just aimlessly milling about now. If it's meaningful interaction that you want, then starting a new day seems like a better move than trying to extend this one past its natural end.
    I agree that ending the scene would be better than drawing it out. I'd have liked if I got a reaction from some of the other characters first but moving on is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Just think of it like you are watching an episode. You see your character at the end of one day with not much gievn about his character, only that he's there and exists. Then when the next day/episode comes around, he shows off his awesome characterization.
    That makes me feel better about the situation. ^_^
    My life for Nerzhul!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

That makes me feel better about the situation. ^_^
    I thought it would. Remember, Railgun and Index both used those type of scenarios.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

*pokes head in*

Hey guys. Just reminding everybody that I'm still alive, and still interested in at least thinking about jumping back in.

Thing is, I'm not sure where to jump in so...yeah.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    *pokes head in*

Hey guys. Just reminding everybody that I'm still alive, and still interested in at least thinking about jumping back in.

Thing is, I'm not sure where to jump in so...yeah.
    You're in luck. As it happens, a new day is just about to begin. The Anti-Skill should be arriving shortly to usher it in, so you probably won't have long to wait.

19. - Top - End - #259
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

If you don't mind, I'll poke my head in and tell them to go back to their dorms :)

20. - Top - End - #260

Ohh a new day is upon us! I'll be sure to start my plot tonight then! Feel free to start your char off somewhere. It will be an introduction to the story so it would suit me best if people start to wrap up their Saturday and are up and about on Sunday.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just send Cale to bed, on to sweet dreams of lovely girls and psyking thugs. please feel free to do something with Cale's roommate if you want everyone, Cale doesn't know much about him, so its a nice blank slate to inflict plot.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, I am probably letting this bother me to much but I can't help but keep working on my power. ><
    How the main progression of powers are gained just bothered me and made little sense. I also came up and changed some other powers and passive abilities that I wouldn't mind you guys looking over.

Esper Power and abilities up for another look over, and hopefully for the last time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Esper Ability:
    Telekinetic Edge
    Creating wedges and vectors from the Esper’s AIM projection.

Telekinetic Edge:
    1: Edge – The esper can create an edge along any part of his body for an indefinite amount of time. The sizes of these are equal to the level times three.
    2: Wave – Cuts a wide arc in front of the esper with the wave of a hand.
    3: Cut – Creates a crescent edge in front of the esper that travels out of the normal range, accomplished by manipulating the AIM to funnel it in a specific direction to accomplish this. Requires effort and two seconds of mental preparation. The movement is easier to spy and it seems to cuts through the air making a distinct noise.*
    4: Arc – The improved version of Cut, this creates an geometric arc in front of the esper, which then grows out and expands until it reaches half of the distance that Cut can reach. Requires four seconds of prep.*
    5: Ring – A ringed edge surrounds the esper, and like the Arc Power, expands out quickly until it reaches half the of the AIM field. Requires six seconds of prep.*

Strength:
    1 – Could cut paper, skin and hair.
    2 – Strong enough to cut into wood and can also cause minor incisions.
    3 – Strong enough to cut through wood and into concrete. Severe incisions
    4 – Strong enough to cut through concrete and through thin pieces of metal and can also cause serious incisions.
    5 – Strong enough to cut through most thick metals.

AIM Size:
    1 – Three yards all around
    2 – Six yards
    3 – Twelve yards (Eighteen yards in front of the esper when manipulating the aim)
    4 – Twenty four yards (Thirty-six yards)
    5 – Forty eight yards (seventy-two yards)

Additional uses:
    Level 1:
    Enhance – The Edge power can be implemented on any object that is touched by the esper and they remain as long as it remains in the AIM field around the esper.
    Shapes – The shapes of the wedges and vectors change and can become one of the following at one time: Straight (Standard), Convex (Outward Curve), Concave (Inward Curve), and Point (Piercing).
    Level 2:
    Palm – This creates a number of small edges that move constantly in a small concentrated area in front of the palm.
    Launch – If the shape of the object and size of the object fits in one of the above shapes, then it is possible while holding an object to coat it in an edge, and then send it flying in a direction. The edge vanishes shortly after but the object still remains moving, though the distance depends on the object itself.
    Level 3:
    Flurry – Similar to Palm except that the small edges can travel beyond the hand as far as the AIM field permits and the area the edges occupies is equal to the level of the esper in yards. The energy is negligible since the edges vanish shortly after meeting resistance, though their quiet painful. The energy to make this is negligible.
    Manipulation – Similar to Launch but the edges that holds the objects can be maintained and able to be manipulated. The objects must still fit within the objects and the heavier the object, the more energy it requires.
    Zone – Certain powers can be used in succession very quickly without additional mental prep. Cut can be used a number of times equal to the level of the power minus one within succession, while Arc can be used equal to half of this, while arc can be used a number of times equal to the level minus two, and ring can be used equal to the esper’s level minus three.
    Level 4:
    Grid – Create a barrier created of a number of vectors that can last longer than usual. The larger and more intricate of the barrier, the more energy it takes to maintain.*
    Sphere – An area of edges surrounds him, cutting everyone and everything within reach. The size of the sphere can be as large as a one fourth of the AIM or less to a minimum of three yards. The smaller the AIM, the denser the blades are together. Due to the constant movement, it’s easy to tell where the danger zone is. (Requires a significant amount of energy).*
    Still Focus – At this level, he can create edges without making any movement.
    Level 5:
    Storm – Cuts everything within the AIM with large vectors and edges, except for the esper and a select few targets. This is a dangerous power that if used will cause severe mental trauma to the esper using it. The more people exempted from the area and the longer it lasts, the more severe the trauma.*
    Origin – The origination of the powers can be anywhere within the AIM field that the esper can see the space.

*Cannot use any other use of power or action while using this unless its effect is dismissed.
    Last edited by Bago!!!; 2011-02-11 at 01:31 PM.
    My life for Nerzhul!

23. - Top - End - #263

Ho boy, setting up the plot to start and controlling different chars isn't as easy as it looks. How do you people manage seriously?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

I wonder if it's possible for me to catch up. I managed to catch up on Homestuck, so...

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Rhydeble and Jane, would you guys mind if I roleplayed with you two at the cafe?
    My life for Nerzhul!

26. - Top - End - #266

Sure go ahead.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

that's alright with me.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    I wonder if it's possible for me to catch up. I managed to catch up on Homestuck, so...
    If not then feel free to ask.

No idea what Homestuck is but if it takes place over more than two days then this willl be a piece of cake in comparison.

Mmm, cake.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lillith View Post
    Ho boy, setting up the plot to start and controlling different chars isn't as easy as it looks. How do you people manage seriously?
    Well I became a bitter, drunken cynic who plots the destruction of humanity. That might not be for everyone though.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo66 View Post
    Clearing her throat, she responded a quick...
    *"Oh erm... Sorry."*

It's actually kinda interesting to speak English outside of the Labs. Makes for a cool experience actually.
    Sorry, were you looking to continue this scene? If so then you might want to attach a [Saturday Night] tag to the post, so that people can tell that it takes place in the past. This is especially useful if you're going to post for the sunday version of Avery as well, since having two incarnations active at once can get very confusing if they're not clearly marked.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2011-02-13 at 12:47 PM.