New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] GLoG 83

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 83

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Tree}

Strange. I thought it was more a comment on how much bigger he is, than she.

Vidalia looks back to Nurse Lucy. Anything in particular bring you to GLoG? Need help, want to join our redemption program, looking for love in all the wrong places? I can help you with all but one of those. she winks back to the big guy.
    Tree
    Bill wasn't going to touch that wink with a ten-foot pole
    "Actually I'm just here to offer my medical knowledge and for the more scientific pursuits. I couldn't really find anywhere else I'd rather be."
    Since Bill is good, doesn't want to join Halo because he doesn't want to kill anyone(though HALO is...different I hear), and WATCH just wasn't his style.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

{Tree}

Oh. Well, I found your nurse here by our infirmary. And we have a MedLab that way. she points toward the MedLab. If you go to the MedLab, you'll be looking for Tobias. Beware of the mini-dinos there. The pink one bites, and the green one with a shell spits.

If you go back to the infirmary, you'll want to talk to Quinn. I suggest the MedLab, actually. Tobias is more stable.
    Vidalia nods her head.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lakeside

By the time Butler and Sophie return, Missy has laid out their towels on the beach and is carefully putting the floaties on Jefferies arms. It's a little tricky because of the little orc's claws, but they're kept filed down a bit anyway to avoid any injuries to Gorgutz.

"I wanna go on the Big Slide!"
    Jefferies says!

"Let's get in the water first and practice swimming before we do the slide."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeside]

Sophie returns after a while, wearing a one-piece swimsuit. She slips into the water and waits for Jefferies and Missy to do the same.
    Nicholas stretches lazily on the shore. He's not going to enter water, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lakeside

After HT spends far too much time determining that tektek does not have swim suits for little girls without breasts, she decides to just describe the suits: Jefferies is wearing a pink one piece suit, having picked that up as her current favourite colour from her best friend Lottie. She was very disappointed that she couldn't find a girl's suit with any of her favourite shooter game characters on it.

Missy is wearing a red sporty looking suit, the type a lifeguard might wear. It reveals that the swirly tattoos on her face continue down onto her torso, arms, and upper legs. It also shows the top of the scar from her heart surgery that runs along her breastbone.

Jefferies still wants to do the Giant Slide first, but not enough to tantrum and risk Time Out. So she steps into the water with Missy instead.

"Heehee! It's squishy in my toes!" Jefferies says. "Oooh! I see a fishy!" She tries to catch the fish with her hands, but the fish gets away. "Der is grass growing in the water, Missy!"
    Butler returns in swimshorts that look... well a lot like his regular shorts really. Go figure.

He'll go ahead and climb in the water, moving forward til it comes up to almost his nose. By and large cause he saw that fish and is following it... @.@
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

"The ace up my sleeve? Why, it's a jar of bottled joy and a picnic dinner, of course!"

Valaira smiles! Boy, it's an inviting smile! She's celebrating Zero's return already! She feels like dancing! Or singing! Or doing something fun with him!

"There's the silver necklace too, but I'll present that to you next week sometime or maybe tonight in a hour or two. Pivots on how things work out and all."

Ooo! A necklace! Gifts of jewelry equal steady relationships! Boyfriend-girlfriend soon to be engaged relationships!

Valaira is going to live out her life with Zero without any regrets from this point on!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bottled joy? Either way, it sounds great.

Zero says, equally happy. There isn't much for him to worry about anymore, he's back with Valaria, there doesn't seem to be anyone after him and hopefully they will manage to stay happy.

The redecoration Valaria has done concerns him though. He refuses to believe that Valaria would ever harm someone innocent as a result of what she had said to Quinn when she first arrived. He decides that he will ask Quinn or maybe Sophie about it later.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

[Maple Cabin]

Valaira would object! Nobody is innocent! Except maybe babies. And even then, only some babies are innocent. Every now and again you get an evil baby genius thing that tries to take over the world. Those babies aren't sinless! They're lightweight, teensy, teething terrors!

Oh, and Val certainly didn't bury the bones in ziplock baggies in the walls of the cabin or anything, so don't go poking around in there! Search the forest or the sky or the lake! Zero would find zippo in the walls!

>.< Yessir. There are no bodies in the walls!

Moving on, there is a suit of powered armor in the bathroom. The door is shut and locked at this time, but it is there all the same.

"Bottled joy! You take a sip of it and it makes you joyous! I don't know how they manufacture it, but it works wonders!"

It might also be an anti-depressant! Erm...
    It is an anti-depressant. And it is impossible to get your hands on without underworld connections.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Sophie chuckles and swims up to Missy.
    "Looks like this is her first time in a real lake," she says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"I doubt she's ever left the city before," Missy says. For now, Jefferies is exploring what she can see in the shallow part of the water, not going more than waist deep. She wants to go deeper and learn to swim, but she also wants to see the neat stuff on the bottom, and going deeper makes that harder!

Whether Butler can catch the fish is up to his player. It is a perfectly mundane fish.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Mhm," Sophie murmurs with a nod. "So, that friend of yours who's her father - who's he?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"A fellow soldier named Jyarl. He pulled her out of the burning tenement building and decided to keep her instead of sending her to an orphanage." She laughs as Jefferies spots another fish and makes a missed grab at it. "They've been good for each other." There is enough of fondness in her voice to betray how good a 'friend' Missy is to him.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Med Lab

Toby teleports Reinholdt and Wenomir to the Serious Plots thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Infirmary]

While Brinika isn't much bigger than Hadrian overall, her hand is probably larger than his, since goblins have disproportionally large hands.
    "Tee hee. He's so cute," the tiny goblin gushes. "What about I help him build his stuff?"
    Toby looks at Hadrian's towers and Jamie's siege engines and makes a mental note to teach his son about Vauban. Then he leaves to rejoin continuity or to be available if anyone else needs him.

Hadrian has no objection to Brinika helping him!
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-08-24 at 10:18 AM.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Actually catch the fish? Butler's a catperson, not a beargon. It's like being at an aquarium is all.

After a little while Butler returns to Jefferies to see if she's having any better luck.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Sophie smiles, half-warmly, half-knowingly. A "friend" indeed.
    That's really good to hear. It's great when happy families get together this way. I used to be a social worker and I loved to see it back then too.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

Missy bites her lip. "We're dealing with social workers now... they're deciding right now whether to finalize the adoption. We're kind of on tenterhooks waiting for the answer."

Jefferies points down in the water. "Look, Mr Butler! Der is GRASS growing in de WATER! And fishies swimming in de grass!" O_O

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

"Well yes ma'am. Water makes grass grow, right ma'am? So it's a lot easier for grass to just grow underwater ma'am. So there's a lot of grass there cause it's easier for them ma'am." It's a wonder why grass even bothers with growing outside of water!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Sophie's eyes narrow a little as she floats idly in the water.
    "Ah, yes. Bureaucracy. We can't work without it, but it does get in the way sometimes... are there any particular obstacles?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"One of them thinks she'd be better off in an orc family. There were also some concerns about Jyarl's past. He came from a universe that makes the Nexus look peaceful, and he brought some... unpleasant behaviour with him. He's changed a lot though."
    Missy says. " Besides, Jefferies adores him. If she were taken away from him, I think it would shatter her."

"Oooh! Dat smart! Are all catpersons smart like you?" Jefferies asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Butler smiles.
    "Oh no ma'am. Most of them are smarter than me ma'am. And then there's even more smarter people like Decker and KR ma'am. They really help when I don't understand things ma'am." Butler explains.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

Hrm. It is unfortunate when racists end up as social workers, isn't it? I'd love to help, but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do," Sophie says. She's never met Jyarl, of course, but Missy seems honest when she says he's a good father for Jefferies. And she is good at reading people, after all.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"I is going to school to get smarter. I dun unnerstand reading, but I yike to do numbers. I yike to do fighting better than school stuff though." Jefferies says. She's starting to walk deeper into the water, letting it get to chest height. No more watching the lake bottom!

"It's a three person panel, and one of them, a goblin, seems to be on our side. The third person could swing either way." Missy says. She's watching Jefferies carefully, of course, ready to use her cybernetic speed to get to her quickly if anything goes amiss. At Sophie's offer to help, Missy gives a sad smile. "I think it's mostly out of our hands now. Jefferies and I might come back here, the day the decision is due. It seems a good place to wait it out. Since there's so much for her to see and do, she won't be as aware how nervous I am." It also makes a good place to have a getaway car, packed with everything the three of them would need to start over somewhere else, away from the city of Inside.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

"Reading's hard for me too ma'am." Butler says, watching her carefully. She is here to learn how to swim after all.

"Why would you like fighting though, ma'am? Fighting hurts people ma'am."
    Butler doesn't like hurting people!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"Cause I is gonna be a soldier when I get big, just like Daddy and Missy. I's gonna fight mean people who try to burn orcs for being **** greenies."

"Jefferies..." Missy says with a bit of a warning tone in her voice.

"Sowwy, Missy!" Jefferies calls out. She says to Butler, "I's not sposed to say dat word. Not till I is a soldier for real. Is a grownup word." She nods sagely.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Butler gasps. GASPS!
    "What's greenies mean?"
    Weirdest adult word he's ever heard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

"It means people wif green skin like me. Assept mean people who says it, dey tink we is monsters. But we isn't! Orcs is people too!" Jefferies takes a defiant step and is suddenly in water over her head!

Flail! The floaties are keeping her head above water, but she's definitely unsure what to do next, and she's a little bit scared. No, no, Jefferies isn't scared. It's Master Chief, her beargon plushie sitting on the towel onshore, that's really scared. *nodnod* So since she's clearly not really scared, then she isn't going to cry out or ask for help or anything - especially right after she just asserted her personhood!

In her flailing and kicking, her hands push against the water enough to propel her a bit towards Butler. "I's swimming!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake]

"Good luck to all of you, then. And you're welcome to stay here, of course." She's curious as to whether when Missy says "we" she means that she'll be the other adoptive parernt, but decides it'd be indiscreet to ask. She can't help but chuckle when Jefferies gets excited.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

Missy wants to adopt Jefferies more than anything, but she's scared to ask. She's had one child taken from her. To lose another would be more than she could bear.

"Good for you, Slugger!" Missy cheers. There's time enough to teach her actual swimming. Let her get used to the water first. My lifeguard friend would tell me that this is not the correct way to teach children how to swim, but Missy isn't a lifeguard.

"Does dis mean I can use the Big Slide now?"
    Jefferies asks.

"Keep practising a little while first,"
    Missy says. Then to Sophie again. "Thank you. I feel like I'm the one asking all the favours. Is there anything I can do to help you? Or GLoG? Do you get enough support from Remnant?" It's been a while since Remnant has had to dump a load of refugees on GLoG, but Missy's aware that it could happen again at any time.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

"Good job ma'am."
    Butler gives her some sincere applause.

"I can show you the best way to float if you want ma'am." Butler offers. Presuming an affirmation, he'll move just a bit further in so he has to move his hands and feet in a steady motion as an example to keep afloat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Lake

"I think we're self-sufficient here at GLoG. But I'll keep that in mind if I or the organization ever need anything." As she speaks, Sophie joins Butler's applause. She does love children and likes Jefferies already.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Lake

Is he dogcatpaddling or floating horizontally? Either way, Jefferies will do her best to mimic him. "Dis is fun. I wished der was a lake at Remnant." Kind of hard to do with a flying base. "How does you go fast? I wanna learn to swim fast!"

"Jyarl said the first morning after he brought her home, he woke up to find her eating the dog's food - not just eating it, but feasting on it, as if she'd lucked out. And she kept expecting him to hit her. Not in a fearful way, just that she thought it was how things would be. It's really a blessing that she doesn't remember any specific details of her life before." Missy says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake

Catpaddling, hence having to move arms and legs.

"Well swimming fast can be done in a few ways ma'am, but you gotta learn how to just plain swim first ma'am." Butler says. "But I hear wearing a red swimsuit helps you swim faster ma'am."

Butler will wait to see if she has the basics of staying afloat down first before moving on to the next part.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast