New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    I just played the guitar and sang Wagon Wheel for a bunch of my floormates. They like me now.
    So do that somewhere sunny under a tree and wait for the ladies to start flocking to you like some horrific recreation of the Hitchcock movie "The Birds."
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Serpentine's Secretly Sapphic Salacious Sacrarium of Random Banter #180

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yha, completely understandable. Best way to do it I think is to find some excentric billionare and ask him to create a "around the world in 80 days" esque documentry.

Also from what I've heard it's more like driving a car. As long as you're safe though, I care about you man.
    I'd imagine that the way you tilt in the curves is more like a bicycle, however, and the aileron, which is the closest you come to the wheels on a car, controll-wise, is supposedly pretty bad for turning, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    So, I'm writing out dialogue trees for a game. Any advice?
    Write out a few parallel plotlines and a bunch of answers to cover up most possible responses a player could want to give to every question, and then make each answer lead a player onto the plotline that fits the best. If no such plotline exists, either create a new one if the answer must be there, or edit or remove it if it doesn't sound too important.

If different parallel plotlines don't try to converge at first opportunity after conversation has ended, it'll probably take away most of the feeling that you're being railroaded, but it'll increase the workload in writing it all up dramatically.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Go down the route that Pokemon did (hah) and only allow yes and no answers.
    That was hilarious in Pacifidlog town, right? Anybody else remember that guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #724
    Firbolg in the Playground

Guys, help me, I'm starting to memorize the names of my most profitable spice colonies. I need an intervention.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-08-23 at 10:29 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you talking about Spore?
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Guys, help me, I'm starting to memorize the names of my most profitable spice colonies. I need an intervention.
    Spic-...wha.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

The spice must flow. ._.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    The spice must flow. ._.
    Aw, I was going to make a Dune joke.

*hugs to death*

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

*hugs to death*
    ... I will never intercept Knee in a joke. Ever. Its a way to go, but I don't feel like going just yet.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post

*hugs to death*
    *snuggles* =3

Gotta be quick, this IS a nerd culture forum. =3

11. - Top - End - #731
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I don't get it. Thor was a Norse god? Is that the joke?
    That's the way Thor acts in the Marvel universe (actually, the Thor in the Marvel movie universe is much toned down from comic book Thor).

If you haven't already, you really should watch The Avengers, good movie. You don't have to, but I'd also recommend watching Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and perhaps the Hulk movie(s) first. Though, not all of the Hulk movies are actually good...

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #732
    Colossus in the Playground

As much as I hate the Aang Lee Hulk movie, it isn't NON canon with with the most recent Hulk movie. However, it IS terrible, so it's non canon for me. Much prefer the latest Hulk movie. And yet Avenger's Ruffalo is still a better Hulk then the both of them.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

As much as I hate the Aang Lee Hulk movie, it isn't NON canon with with the most recent Hulk movie. However, it IS terrible, so it's non canon for me. Much prefer the latest Hulk movie. And yet Avenger's Ruffalo is still a better Hulk then the both of them.
    What? You like Ruffalo more than Ed Norton? D=

Admittedly, I never SAW the Ed Norton Hulk movie, I just think he's an amazing actor. >.>

I did see the Ang Lee Hulk film, though, and it's so...so bad. >.<

14. - Top - End - #734

Was the Ang Lee movie so bad? It's been a looooooooong time since I watched that Hulk movie, so I have no idea what was bad about it. I do vaguely remember it being very boring.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #735

I preferred Norton myself. I was very disappointed at the change.

Hulk is the bad one, and comes first. Followed by The Incredible Hulk, which is good.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #736

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Are you talking about Spore?
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Spic-...wha.
    Spore. Spice geysers. Planet Buster! TRADE ROUTES! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    That's the way Thor acts in the Marvel universe (actually, the Thor in the Marvel movie universe is much toned down from comic book Thor).

If you haven't already, you really should watch The Avengers, good movie. You don't have to, but I'd also recommend watching Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and perhaps the Hulk movie(s) first. Though, not all of the Hulk movies are actually good...
    So why was the person in that conversation talking like Thor?

I'll have to watch all the other things everyone's been saying I really should first. But okay.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    It's a running gag. I find it amusing.

My money's on 15, FWIW. Maybe 16 by now, but I don't think so.
    You are not THAT off but she asks for no hints, so I won't explain the reasoning behind.
    Nah, when I was done with the galaxy... as in conquered the Grox after allying with them and colouring a whole arm with myself I had come to know my main 20 systems by coordinate and all of the colonies on them by name.

By then my family uninstalled Spore for my good and I never looked back... apart from the mysterious disappearance of one external hard drive at home...
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2012-08-23 at 11:38 PM.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

18. - Top - End - #738

I'll have to watch all the other things everyone's been saying I really should first. But okay.
    No, that's the conversation as if it was Thor actually messaging Iron Man... it won't make any sense if you haven't seen at least the first Iron Man and the Thor movie. Both of which are AWESOME by the way. Haven't seen any of the other Marvel movies, but those two are AWESOME.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

19. - Top - End - #739

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    No, that's the conversation as if it was Thor actually messaging Iron Man... it won't make any sense if you haven't seen at least the first Iron Man and the Thor movie. Both of which are AWESOME by the way. Haven't seen any of the other Marvel movies, but those two are AWESOME.
    Eh, the first Iron Man movie kind of let me down. A lot of build up to a pretty disappointing final fight.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

It is Thor. Thor has gotten as cell phone and is texting Iron Man.

I hated the Thor movie. Horrible piece of trash.
    Last edited by Tragic_Comedian; 2012-08-24 at 12:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Not really.
    I can remember all my conquests in my most recent game of Medieval II: Total War.
    Let me see... As the English...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I started with London, Nottingham and Caen.
    I started by conquering Rennes, Caenarvon, York and Bruges... Conquered Antwerp from the Danes before declaring a peace with them... Stole Paris and Rheims from France before declaring a peace with them... Absolutely smashed the Scottish, thus gaining Edinburgh, Inverness and Dublin. Defeated the Portuguese and the Spanish, thus gaining Lisbon, Leon, Pamplona and Toledo... There was a crusade in their somewhere and I stole Jerusalem despite being excommunicated... I conquered Germany, well, most of it... Only Hamburg, Frankfurt, Nuremburg, Stauffen and Innsbruck. Those damn Venetians had already conquered Vienna... There was another crusade, so I conquered Valencia on the way. Around here, I took Prague from whoever owned it. Then I proceeded to crushing France, thus gaining Zaragoza, Toulouse, Angers, Bordeaux, Marseilles, Metz, Bern and Dijon. The the fourth crusade was called for Tunis, so I conquered it. Then I decided that the Polish were too much trouble, so I took Magdeburg, Breslau and Krakow. Jerusalem rebelled from me and the Egyptians took it, so I moved my army inland and conquered Baghdad for the fun of it. And also, I conquered Aarhus and Oslo from the Danish.

Believe me, there's nothing wrong with you.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

22. - Top - End - #742

Because that's that's Marvel movie universe Thor talking to Marvel movie universe Iron Man (MAN OF IRON).

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    That was hilarious in Pacifidlog town, right? Anybody else remember that guy?
    "Where do you live?"

That one?

24. - Top - End - #744

ION: Just finished the first episode of Downton Abbey with my parents. Not that great, IMO.
    I'm an idiot. Downton Abbey is freaking amazing.

'Night, y'all.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

have you searched for Daeero's animals?
    I need to know if they are okay.
    Despite everything, its still me.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    "Where do you live?"

That one?
    Yeah. "Where are you from?" Yes/No.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #747

I'm an idiot. Downton Abbey is freaking amazing.

'Night, y'all.
    There are bits where it gets pretty "soap-opera-ending everything-gets-better", which if it were a REALLY good show, wouldn't happen and consequences would be much more severe and keep happening, but aw well.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    There are bits where it gets pretty "soap-opera-ending everything-gets-better", which if it were a REALLY good show, wouldn't happen and consequences would be much more severe and keep happening, but aw well.
    ...what is a week-end?

My loins smoulder and thrash for that Thomas

29. - Top - End - #749

So today a friend of mine sent me a message on facebook with a rather complicated theological question. I actually had to think about it for several hours to work out the answer. What did he conclude this question with? This:

"and btw i'm writing this while high LOL. i actually think weed makes me smarter most of the time"

My friends are strange.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    So today a friend of mine sent me a message on facebook with a rather complicated theological question. I actually had to think about it for several hours to work out the answer. What did he conclude this question with? This:

"and btw i'm writing this while high LOL. i actually think weed makes me smarter most of the time"

My friends are strange.
    ...dude, you're friends with Ryder from San Andreas.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine