New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546
Results 1,351 to 1,371 of 1371

Thread: Civiron's Realm

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Civiron's Realm

Town

"I like the little I know of the Earth Queen too." But not as much as Civvy. She'll hug her sister and think a moment. "If I wanted to worship you, how'd I do that?" She's curious, and a little cautious. She hasn't made up her mind about joining Civvy's flock, not yet, but she's very nearly there.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spooky Clearing]

"Very soothing, yes. I know exactly what you mean. I don't- I-" Ithuriel frowns and pauses. Despite their apparent similarities, they've clearly had very different experiences with vampirism. "Okay, I don't know what it's like for you, but when I was a vampire I had to sleep in a coffin. And while I don't need it any more, I still have it there, and I use it sometimes. It's dark. It's quiet. It's...very comforting." She pauses and gives an amused smile. "Oh, no, haunt is just a- somewhere I spent a lot of time. I've been a vampire, a demon, an angel and a were-rhino, but never a ghost. Well I'm still an angel and a were-rhino, but-" Ithuriel sighs, feeling like she's rambling and possibly not doing a very good job of making conversation either.

For some reason there's just something distracting about Naku...
    Spooky Clearing

Naku listens, nodding a few times, and maybe offering an encouraging 'mhmm?' to show she's listening a few times through.
    "For me, no, I do not need the coffin. I have heard more stories about that ever since I have arrived to the Nexus, though. Apparently I am the oddity, in that it seems more common to need the coffin. I just grew up in the dark, and tend to prefer it. I also get sun burnt very, very easily. And that is never comfortable." Then she has to tilt her head again, confusion once again on her face. "A . . . where rhino? Did you not know your location? I understand that, it is never fun. I spent years not . . . in my own head. Not knowing where I was.
    But also what is a rhino?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Town]

"She really is your kind of goddess, Cheasadh," Brinika says, her ears perking up. "Mom and dad did say you don't need to follow the goblin gods if you don't want to. The One Below, or the Earth Queen, or the Spirit in Gears, or others. I like the Earth Queen best. The One Below feels creepy and the Spirit in Gears is just weird."
    "Tell me about her!" Civvy prompts, a smile on her face, and obvious curiosity in her tone. Though nothing about it is a command, and if Brinika would rather not, Civvy would never press the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Town

"I like the little I know of the Earth Queen too." But not as much as Civvy. She'll hug her sister and think a moment. "If I wanted to worship you, how'd I do that?" She's curious, and a little cautious. She hasn't made up her mind about joining Civvy's flock, not yet, but she's very nearly there.
    Civvy blinks a few times.
    How.
    Uh.
    Gosh. Worship.
    Uhhhh.
    "Hmmm." Civvy puts a finger on her lips in thought. "It's not . . . you don't have to worship, specifically. It's more just . . . a mindset. To remain hopeful. To bring hope to those that maybe don't have it. To just . . . help out when you can.
    It's nothing huge; nothing requiring time or any sort of sacrifice of time or personal belongings.
    Just . . ."
    Civvy shrugs slightly. This was always the most awkward part, and the one she argued with her colleagues with the most. "You just . . . be yourself. Try to be a light for those that need it. A rock in their time of hardship."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika's ears dip and her brow furrows in concentration. What is the Earth Queen like...

"They say that she dwells in the rock around us. She didn't make us, but she adopted us. She was in the earth for as long as it had been there, but she was lonely. She had lots of animals, but she couldn't talk to them, and all the trolls went crazy. So she was really happy when she saw goblins heading underground. She took us in and fed us and showed us how to make homes in the rock." Her ears twitch. "But some people say we kneew how to make caves already, so I'm not sure."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Orc in the Playground

Town

Cheasadh nods and thinks about what Civvy said. It sounds easy enough, at least mostly. Staying hopeful no matter what might be tricky, but... Cheasadh's pretty sure she can do all this. And it's nothing like the religion her parents taught, the one that made everyone really upset when they found out about it.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Halfling in the Playground

[Spooky Clearing]

Ithuriel blinks, raises a finger, opens her mouth...and draws a blank.

It's been a very long time since she last had to explain what a rhino is...or what were-creatures are. Both more than a little tricky to describe.

"It's probably easier if I just show you?"

She takes a few steps back, and then she shifts and grows rapidly, her robes swiftly adjusting as her body bulks out massively, her skin takes on a rough grey texture, her face elongates and a horn stretches out. A few moments later, there's a rather large rhino, still draped in white, still with a set of adorable feathery golden wings.

Not very easy to talk like this, though.

So after a moment or two for Naku to observe her like this, she shifts back to the hybrid form she normally goes for, still very big, but now bipedal and rather tall, looming over Naku. Her voice when she speaks is much deeper and gruffer than before, rumbling slightly with each word. "That's what a rhino looks like. A were-rhino is...well it's oversimplifying it a bit, but it's a person like me who can turn into a rhino. Werewolves are much more common. Were-rhinos are, um, well for all I know I might be the only one."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grant's Castle

Grant plops himself down at his table, munching on breakfast as he listens to an odd blob of black reading him numerous reports from back home.

Aaaand I think that's everything, m'Lord...

The daemphage looked up at the blob with heavy eyes. The coffee hadn't arrived yet and this was the wrong time to broach news that he didn't want to hear, the blob knew. Though it felt compelled to continue.

Besides one thing...

What is it? Whatever it is, just get it out of the way.

It's your mother and father, m'Lord... It seems they... Uuuuuuh... Might be having a child.

Huh. Neat. What's the big deal?

Well... It's not a normal child, sir. It's more like... Youish.

No.

Same process actually.

Nonononono.

Aaaaand... He's staying with your father.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

-Meanwhile in Salvy's Room-

Sounds like dad ate that pizza again.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2019-10-15 at 05:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1357

[Town]

Brinika's ears dip and her brow furrows in concentration. What is the Earth Queen like...

"They say that she dwells in the rock around us. She didn't make us, but she adopted us. She was in the earth for as long as it had been there, but she was lonely. She had lots of animals, but she couldn't talk to them, and all the trolls went crazy. So she was really happy when she saw goblins heading underground. She took us in and fed us and showed us how to make homes in the rock." Her ears twitch. "But some people say we kneew how to make caves already, so I'm not sure."
    "Weeeelllll, I know I'm no expert on caves, but it sounds like there's a difference between a place to live, and home. A cave, all by itself, maybe doesn't sound like the warm, welcoming, 'home' sort of place, as I would think of it, you know? Maybe that's what they meant."

Town

Cheasadh nods and thinks about what Civvy said. It sounds easy enough, at least mostly. Staying hopeful no matter what might be tricky, but... Cheasadh's pretty sure she can do all this. And it's nothing like the religion her parents taught, the one that made everyone really upset when they found out about it.
    Civvy doesn't really have much to say to this, but does give a smile, and a gentle, affirming nod.

[Spooky Clearing]

Ithuriel blinks, raises a finger, opens her mouth...and draws a blank.

It's been a very long time since she last had to explain what a rhino is...or what were-creatures are. Both more than a little tricky to describe.

"It's probably easier if I just show you?"

She takes a few steps back, and then she shifts and grows rapidly, her robes swiftly adjusting as her body bulks out massively, her skin takes on a rough grey texture, her face elongates and a horn stretches out. A few moments later, there's a rather large rhino, still draped in white, still with a set of adorable feathery golden wings.

Not very easy to talk like this, though.

So after a moment or two for Naku to observe her like this, she shifts back to the hybrid form she normally goes for, still very big, but now bipedal and rather tall, looming over Naku. Her voice when she speaks is much deeper and gruffer than before, rumbling slightly with each word. "That's what a rhino looks like. A were-rhino is...well it's oversimplifying it a bit, but it's a person like me who can turn into a rhino. Werewolves are much more common. Were-rhinos are, um, well for all I know I might be the only one."
    Naku blinks once.
    Well. Okay. Twice.
    Okay okay okay three times.
    "I- . . . see. Thank you for showing me! I am well versed in the humanoid wolfs, so this does help it make sense.
    Interesting!"
    She may have blinked a few times, but she still sounds calm, and very relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Grant's Castle

Grant plops himself down at his table, munching on breakfast as he listens to an odd blob of black reading him numerous reports from back home.

[[cropped simply for space due to many replies]]

-Meanwhile in Salvy's Room-

Sounds like dad ate that pizza again.
    "Hm. Sounds like Grant's back." Civvy murmurs, sipping at her tea in Grace's living room, and Grace just nods.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika rests her chin on her hand in thought, her floppy ears pointing downwards.

"So we made caves in the rock, but the Earth Queen taught us how to make them into homes? Maybe that's what happened," she says. "There's a lot of stories about how and why we went underground. A lot are about this great and terrible king we were hiding from."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"Have you told me about the king? Or was I just distracted by Pookie doing something whilst I was supposed to be learning?" Pookie really shouldn't be allowed in any classroom ever. He's a bit of a trickster and even Cheasadh is caught out by him sometimes.

10. - Top - End - #1360

[Spooky Clearing]

One. Two. Three.

Aaand back to normal Ithuriel!

"Kind of odd, I know." Ithuriel smiles weakly. "But I'm glad that helped you understand. It's a hard thing to just explain."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #1361

[Town]

Brinika rests her chin on her hand in thought, her floppy ears pointing downwards.

"So we made caves in the rock, but the Earth Queen taught us how to make them into homes? Maybe that's what happened," she says. "There's a lot of stories about how and why we went underground. A lot are about this great and terrible king we were hiding from."
    Town

"Have you told me about the king? Or was I just distracted by Pookie doing something whilst I was supposed to be learning?" Pookie really shouldn't be allowed in any classroom ever. He's a bit of a trickster and even Cheasadh is caught out by him sometimes.
    Town

"I don't claim to be any sort of expert, and I am truly just guessing, but that is my reading of what you said. I could be wrong." Civvy shrugs a bit, a smile on her face. "And that's okay. Everyone is wrong at some point. No sense in hiding from it.

That doesn't sound fun though. Being forced into hiding is absolutely not enjoyable."

[Spooky Clearing]

One. Two. Three.

Aaand back to normal Ithuriel!

"Kind of odd, I know." Ithuriel smiles weakly. "But I'm glad that helped you understand. It's a hard thing to just explain."
    "Not at all." Naku smiles happily. "What one is is not odd. It is just what makes you you. And that is always good.
    I appreciate you showing me. I would not have understood otherwise."
    She admits with a laugh. "Well, and with that note, you have any questions for me? I believe that is the expected take, in the give and take?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika's ears twitch in thought.

"I don't think I've told you before. Besides, it's a story. I don't know if it's real." It's more real than she realizes, though. "Though it does kinda feel like all the stories have us moving underground, never growing up there. Weird."

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"So something probably happened, then. That made goblins live underground." Cheasadh's not very good at investigative folklore, but she's making a start it seems.

14. - Top - End - #1364

[Town]

Brinika's ears twitch in thought.

"I don't think I've told you before. Besides, it's a story. I don't know if it's real." It's more real than she realizes, though. "Though it does kinda feel like all the stories have us moving underground, never growing up there. Weird."
    Town

"So something probably happened, then. That made goblins live underground." Cheasadh's not very good at investigative folklore, but she's making a start it seems.
    Civvy nods a few times, not having tooooo much to say to their conversation, so instead, letting them talk for a bit, then once they seem to have paused, offering a,
    "Welllll. Thank you for sharing your stories! I think it only fair, do either of you have any sort of questions for me? I'd be delighted to answer. Or if you would like to wander around, there is so much to see."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1365

[Spooky Clearing]

"Take in the- oh yes, I see." And now we come back to Ithuriel's utter lack of planning. She really hadn't thought of much of a reason for coming here, beyond wanting to see Naku again.

And it's already been a very strange little trip, what with bumping into Nyaku and apparently revealing her existence to Naku and-

Maybe this place is having some sort of strange effect on her? She's never really intruded on another divine realm before. Is there some sort of interference between different divine entities, maybe?

"I don't know. You're a very interesting person, but I'd feel awkward prying too much into your past. I get the feeling there's a lot of pain in there. I know what that's like all too well." She shrugs. "Would you accept some help while I'm here, with your project?" It'd be fun just lugging logs around for a bit, or whatever other building-y activities require doing.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

Brinika's ears flick up and down as she thinks. Civvy will have noticed by now that her ears are pretty expressive.

"I think I'd like to see more of this place. I've never been in a goddess' realm before."

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"Yeah, a tour would be nice. I've already asked the question I can think of." Namely about worship. Cheasadh nods as she speaks, perfectly happy to go on tour.

18. - Top - End - #1368

[Spooky Clearing]

"Take in the- oh yes, I see." And now we come back to Ithuriel's utter lack of planning. She really hadn't thought of much of a reason for coming here, beyond wanting to see Naku again.

And it's already been a very strange little trip, what with bumping into Nyaku and apparently revealing her existence to Naku and-

Maybe this place is having some sort of strange effect on her? She's never really intruded on another divine realm before. Is there some sort of interference between different divine entities, maybe?

"I don't know. You're a very interesting person, but I'd feel awkward prying too much into your past. I get the feeling there's a lot of pain in there. I know what that's like all too well." She shrugs. "Would you accept some help while I'm here, with your project?" It'd be fun just lugging logs around for a bit, or whatever other building-y activities require doing.
    Spooky Clearing

Perhaps there is some interference! If there is, though, it is entirely unintentional, and someone will need to talk to Civvy about it! That's not good at all!

Naku nods once, a look of pain flashing across her features for the barest of moments.
    "There is . . . much pain there.
    But certainly. I would welcome a hand. I am building a house."
    The smile comes back to her face as she looks back at what, now that she says it, makes sense to be the barest frameworks of a house.
    Judging by the size of it, a very large house, at that.
    "I am currently . . ." She sighs. "I have never built a house. Mostly I have destroyed them. I am turning these logs into planks, and then trying to prepare them into a foundation to be built from."

[Town]

Brinika's ears flick up and down as she thinks. Civvy will have noticed by now that her ears are pretty expressive.

"I think I'd like to see more of this place. I've never been in a goddess' realm before."
    Oh Civvy has definitely noticed. She finds them amazingly adorable.

Town

"Yeah, a tour would be nice. I've already asked the question I can think of." Namely about worship. Cheasadh nods as she speaks, perfectly happy to go on tour.
    "Of course!" Civvy replies, hopping up to her feet if she wasn't already.
    And then she flops right back down, after pulling a map out of somewhere nearby.
    "Now where would you two like to go first?" She asks, opening the map, and laying it flat on the bench next to her. It's in the very first post of this thread, and they're welcome to pick anywhere to go first!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

[Town]

"What's this spooky path and mansion there?" Brinika asks, pointing a finger at the map. "And just how spooky are we talking about here?"

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Orc in the Playground

Town

"How spooky is spooky? And is it pink?" It probably isn't very spooky if it's pink, but Cheasadh's willing to be convinced that pink can be spooky.

21. - Top - End - #1371

[Spooky Clearing]

"Oh, yes, I see. Well." Ithuriel looks around thoughtfully. "I'm not architect. I wouldn't be much good helping you lay the foundations, but I could get a bunch of logs cut into planks. Heck, I'm not doing anything else today, I could make enough planks for you to get the whole ground floor done!" Ith is probably exaggerating. Or maybe thinking of a much smaller house than Naku probably has in mind.

But she's excited, and eager to help!

"I did- I did some little things to help about the place. In places where they-" Ithuriel lets out a heavy sigh. "Putting pieces back together after others have broken them apart. This...this is a much nicer idea."