New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Shameless plug.

However, this is just awesome enough to deserve repeating.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 14: When in doubt...Getsuga Tenshou!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Shameless plug.

However, this is just awesome enough to deserve repeating.
    WHY DON'T WE HAVE A HEADBANGER EMOTICON?!
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

*Looks at Mortal World*

Oh boy, those attitudes are just waiting for deconstruction.

"Tsk. It seems no matter how old I get, kids will always be kids. Hey, Hasunaga-san! If it helps any, I'm on your side. Thumbs up."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

FF is pretty much the resident plot psychologist.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey remember Andy the Cameraman? It was for me and Zarah to play. Kotone and Andy were gonna go and film various incidents of Spiritual stuff and be general Comedy characters. Unfortunately, Zarah decided to quit, which isn't so bad. But, he also deleted his character profiles, leaving me without Kotone's profile, meaning I couldn't play her and Andy.

Would anybody like to become the new reporter for Andy?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Ooh, that sounds like fun. I wouldn't mind playing a purely comedic character, especially a reporter. However, I have a bunch of characters already, so it may be too much for me. However, if no one else volunteers, let me know and I'd love to do it!
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, don't worry. Rex is going to get Deconstructed quick enough. Hell, part of the reason I made him was to take a look at how fine-on-the-surface-but-screwed-up-inside someone would be if they were raised to fight Hollows.

I wouldn't mind running a reporter, too. An unpowered comedy mortal would be a nice change of pace from Magatsu's character tier.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh, is it just me or am I starting to sound mentally better balanced than some mortals too? That... isn't supposed to happen, is it?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi's mentally-balanced!

She just has a strong sense of duty.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #220

Nakahiro is either not mentally balanced, or too mentally balanced.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

There. EXPOSITION. And yes, I asked Zarah to actually play Ryouta for that conversation, as Nero's presence in Phoenix Town was mostly because of the conversation that just took place.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Things like that make me infinitely more annoyed for Zarah removing his registry posts. Some things would make much more sense if bios for Ryouta, Kageki and Mai (f. ex.) would still be there for all to see.

I've meant to scavenge through the old OOC threads for them and few other missing characters to put in a single NPC post, but haven't been able to muster the mental energy.

@HirokatsuGoto: a bit belated response, but I think Hirokatsu's rewritten Bankai is fine. Now you just have to start worrying how he will achieve it.

13. - Top - End - #223

Sora is totally mentally balanced.

>>

<<

Okay, I can't even pretend that's true.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Strawberry, can Vincent be involved in the search for the Scarlet Talon? Being a Quincy himself, he'd be very interested in finding it. It'd also be a good way for him to be introduced.

And while Vincent is arguably insane, Mayumi is totally reasonable. Of course, she's also not a child, but the point still stands!
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things like that make me infinitely more annoyed for Zarah removing his registry posts. Some things would make much more sense if bios for Ryouta, Kageki and Mai (f. ex.) would still be there for all to see.
    I removed them under the assumption that most of my characters would be simply written out of the game altogether. I never expected any of them (other than Kujo) to remain at all, even as NPCs. I suppose I was wrong.

Spoiler
    Show

Kujo, Rogue Shinigami
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu: Black

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kujo appears to be fairly young, compared closely to a mortal ranging from 25-30. However, his skin is sickly pale, nearly white in color and topped off with a matted and tangled mess of white hair, with some parts of it apparently dyed black. Whether it is actual dye or just simply dirty hair is unknown. Kujo's eyes seem to be set far back into his skull, surrounded by black borders on his face which appear to be paint or make-up of some kind. The black recesses upon his face only draw more attention to his dark purple eyes, which seem to glow in the darkness with an eerie light. His lips are also a strange shade of purple, as if he was being deprived of oxygen, but the look never seems to leave his face regardless of his breathing.

Kujo usually stands with his neck slightly hunched forward, casting even deeper shadows on his eyes. He wears a long, black robe-like coat that has thick, black fur lining the collar. A wide sash is worn around his waist, which tapers down into a point on both the front and back. More black fur runs down from under the sash and down each side of his coat and around behind his legs, reaching down about to his ankles. His zanpakutou is usually carried at his side, though he has been known to carry it by hand, or upon his back on occasion.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kujo is... Not a nice person. If anyone can be called "evil," it is this Shinigami. He revels in death and destruction, often killing just for the sake of a laugh. The man lives for the sake of planting the seed of chaos anywhere he can find and cannot be trusted at any cost. Anyone that might call themselves an ally of Kujo will find themselves subject to his mental instability, either patting them or stabbing them in the back at any given moment. He also has a number of habitual ticks, such as quickly shifting his eyes back and forth and often playing with his hair as if he were trying to straighten the tangled mess. He even tends to stutter when he speaks and can be quite twitchy with his body movements as well.

Despite his apparent simplistic nature, many denizens of Soul Society believe that he is vying for something more. However, anyone who has ever tried to uncover an ulterior motive has failed in their attempts. Cracking the mind of a madman is a fool's errand, after all. His mind has already cracked.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very little is widely known about Kujo. There are legends, rumors and stories surrounding him from anyone that might know about him, but separating them from fact is a difficult process. Some even say that he murdered the previous Commander-General in a single hit, then vanished into obscurity. For those few who have ever come in contact with the man, he has given conflicting reports of his origins, ranging from a boy growing up in Rukongai to being a Substitute Shinigami recruited into the Seireitei.

Zanpaktou: Ranmyaku (Chaos)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Ranmyaku appears as any other standard katana with jet-black wrapping around a silver hilt.

Zanpaktou Spirit: The spirit of Ranmyaku only ever speaks to Kujo in very rare cases, and when it does, it only appears as a disembodied voice. In all his years as a Shinigami, Kujo has never seen the spirit of his zanpakutou.

Shikai: Although to release his sword, Kujo must speak its name, the activation phrase seems to change with every release, making it nearly impossible to predict.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranmyaku changes little in its appearance upon releasing. In its shikai form, the weapon does not change shape, but the entire weapon changes color to a deep black, which appears so dark that even light itself seems to avoid it. While its appearance may not be overly unique, its abilities make it stand out as the most unpredictable zanpakutou in the history of Soul Society.

Ranmyaku is the embodiment of pure chaos. Whenever Kujo swings the blade or strikes it upon another object, something happens. While that seems vague, it is the only real way to describe its effects. Anything can happen. Perhaps it will generate a massive explosion big enough to destroy all of the Seireitei... Or perhaps it will only result in a puff of smoke. Perhaps it will heal Kujo's injuries... Or perhaps it will heal everyone else's. Perhaps it will do nothing at all. Or perhaps it will simply kill the person it is pointed at.

Despite what others may think, Kujo cannot actually predict Ranmyaku's effects, and often acts just as surprised at the results as those they are being used on. To quote Kujo himself on his zanpakutou, "I never let the blade touch the ground. I'm sort of afraid that it'll turn the world into a... a walnut or something."

Bankai: Not yet revealed. It's unknown whether or not Kujo can even use Bankai, given such little information present on the man.

Miyako Akimoto, 2nd Division; 12th Seat and Member of the Onmitsukidou
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu/Speech Color: #273b5c

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miyako could easily be described as "beautiful." She comes from a well-known noble family, one that greatly encourages her to maintain her beauty. Long, raven-black hair flows from her head and with the help of a dark blue ribbon, it is tied into a large, single braid that reaches down to the middle of her back. Her pale blue eyes only add to her good looks, which is what makes it all the stranger that she is never seen without a mask that covers the entire lower-half of her face, including her nose and mouth. She also is known to wear blue, knee-high boots under her hakama rather than the traditional waraji sandles and a pair of simple, blue gauntlets around her forearms. Otherwise, she tends to wear the standard-issue Shinigami robes with little variation.

However, under her robes, Miyako also wears a tight, one-piece outfit that is in fact connected to her mask. The outfit is quite revealing, as it is slit down the middle with only a translucent veil covering it and has no legs, leaving her thighs and upper-arms fully exposed. The outfit is for her own benefit in combat, allowing her to move much faster without any of the excess weight of the baggy robes. Given her slender form, the outfit can also double as a... Distraction when fighting male opponents.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miyako is a noble-woman. While not the head of her family, she still holds her family's traditions very close to her heart. It is an Akimoto family tradition for the women to wear masks when in military uniform, to hide their beauty and avoid revealing their emotions to those they face in battle. Growing up in such a traditional home, Miyako was raised to believe in honor and nobility whenever possible, and eventually joined the Onmitsukidou for the specific purpose of upholding her family's beliefs.

She is calm and level-headed, but also stern and uncompromising, especially in combat. When facing single opponents, Miyako demands to fight alone, even if it means ordering her fellow Shinigami back (whether or not she outranks them). She is well-versed in martial arts and close-combat fighting, and while she is somewhat capable with Kidou spells, she prefers to let her blades do the work for her. Given that she spends long hours every day training, she tends to fight almost as if she was dancing, preferring to strike quickly and effectively but she only rarely removes her shinigami robes to unleash her full potential, especially given her ideals that her beauty is something to hide from an enemy. However, if it means completing her task, she will do what is necessary of her, making her a very reliable and trustworthy ally to have at one's side.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miyako, as mentioned, grew up within a noble house. She had two younger sisters and two older brothers. Both brothers joined the Gotei 13 as soon as they were able, which spurred Miyako herself to follow in their steps, much to the protest of her parents. However, while protecting a district of Rukongai during a Hollow attack, her oldest brother Kazuma died in the line of duty as a 4th seat. The sudden death in the family only made Miyako want to join that much more and take up the place of her fallen brother. Eventually, her parents realized there was little they could do to stop her ambitions and she was sent off to the Shinigami academy.

She excelled in many of her classes, though she showed a great deal of promise in her practicing of Hakuda and Hohou. This eventually caught the attention of the Onmitsukidou and upon her graduation from the academy, she found a home within the 2nd Division. As she continued training and patrolling as her duties required, she was eventually promoted to the position of 20th seat, and at the same time, was officially inducted into the Onmitsukidou as a member of the patrol corps. As she continued to dispatch Hollows, she found herself being promoted again and again and now sits as a 12th seat, though she shows little pride at the notion, believing that she must still yet live up to her unrealized potential and honor her lost brother, both as a Shinigami and as a sister.

Zanpaktou: Hishou no hime (Princess of Flight)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Hishou no hime in its sealed form takes the appearance of two small tantous, strapped to each side of her body on the inside of her robes. The hilts of both blades are a black with a deep, blue wrapping around them, while the guards have a zig-zag pattern that points in toward the blade.

Shikai: "Dance upon the winds, Hishou no hime!"
    Miyako holds both blades out to her sides, then swings them forward as she activates her shikai. The blades seem to flatten out, and at the apex of her swing, both spread out to reveal two large, folding fans with a series of bladed tips jutting out the other side. She can use the fans both in their collapsed and unfolded forms as effective weapons, although they are usually too delicate for actually blocking straight attacks. She can use the fans as shields from small projectiles, but when faced with another sword strike, she has learned to either dodge the attack completely, or simply redirect it. In desparation, she can collapse the fans and use them to block, but they are not nearly as sturdy nor as reliable as an actual sword would be.

Her shikai gives her few outside abilities. Being that she prefers to fight in close-combat, it is more of a passive buff of her abilities, allowing her to move faster than she normally would be able to. She can also control small gusts of wind with waves of the fans, allowing her to knock her opponents off-balance or provide brief distractions when necessary. Finally, she can also throw the fans as spinning projectile weapons either one at a time, or attach them at the base and throw them as one disc.

Bankai: Not yet achieved.

Kazuo Tadayoshi, Quincy; Local Museum Curator
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu/Speech Color: #9ac2c8

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A tall and rather intimidating figure despite his average build, Kazuo only adds to the image by keeping his blue eyes hidden behind a pair of stylish sunglasses most of the time he spends in public. He has long, silver hair that reaches down to his neck and sometimes appears with the slightest tinge of powder blue in the right lighting. Upon the tip of his chin is a tuft of facial hair, giving him a bit of a gruff appearance to top it off. The clothes he usually wears are of high quality material, usually sticking to business suits and long trenchoats in varying shades of light gray, blue and white.

Around his neck, on a thin silver chain is a square, celtic cross. The silver trinket that bears his Quincy bow is always hidden from sight.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuo is the kind of person who wants things done his way, and will fight for it as long as necessary. Of course, his days of actual fighting are long behind him, and he now spends most of his time tickling his interest in art as the curator of Phoenix Town's local museum. Despite his appearance as a harsh businessman, he is still a loving father of two children, and will also fight to protect them at any cost. Of course, Kazuo has a history that he is reluctant to share with anyone, including his own family, trying to protect them from the fears that haunt the back of his mind, regardless of how true they might be or not. Only his wife knows most of his past, and even she is missing some details.

Nine years ago, Kazuo radically shifted his perspective and completely denounced the Quincy. He gave up his uniform and swore that he would never use his powers again, however it was a decision that was entirely of his own crafting. He was simply tired of trying to raise a family in the atmosphere they were in, and decided to put it all behind him, even if that meant turning his back on everything his ancestors had passed down to him. At the end of the day, he simply wants to keep his family safe and hopefully lead as normal of a life as he still can.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuo was raised as a pure-blooded Quincy warrior, and it showed. As he grew, he gained exceptional skill with his bow and the various other methods employed by the Quincy. In his late teenage years, he began taking training in certain martial arts, which continued throughout his time in university. Kazuo graduated with a degree in art history, and soon after married the woman he had met in school. They had a daughter and Kazuo was suddenly struck with the responsibility of looking after a family. For a time, they struggled with their lives, but eventually came to a sort of equilibrium. However, upon learning of another baby on the way, Kazuo knew he needed more of a stable life for his family, and thus turned to a newfound opportunity.

Little is known about what exactly Kazuo spent his time doing, since he rarely shares the information with anyone, including his family. However, he did spend long periods of time away from home, and often returned scarred and injured time and time again. He also turned back to his Quincy powers and spent a great deal of time in training, likely for whatever his new job was, which was well-paying at least. Unfortunately, Kazuo was not satisfied with how much time he was spending away from his family, and combined with other troubles with his job, he made the decision to retire and put that chapter of his life behind him. He has spoke almost nothing about it, but it may be for the best, as he tends to avoid the conversation whenever possible and has done away with any possible contacts he may have had. He even buried his own Quincy powers into his body, and refused to ever let his hands summon his bow again, thus denouncing his heritage entirely.

Despite his retirement, his employers seemed fit to set him up well enough, placing him in a prime position to buy the rather prestigeous museum in Phoenix Town. With his new position as curator, he has done everything in his power over the past nine years to make the museum as recognizable as he can. Thus far, he has collected a number of works of art, though he tends to focus in those depicting historic events. He even has quite a collection of artifacts that can be traced back in some ways throughout the Quincy bloodline, although one would have to be quite well-versed in the history themselves to notice. It is unknown why Kazuo tended to collect Quincy artifacts, given his own disposition on his heritage, but it simply cannot be a mere coincidence.

Abilities:
    Scarlet Robin upon a Broken Branch - Although never used by him in recent years, Kazuo's bow takes the shape of an English Longbow, standing well over six feet tall. It is similar to most other Quincy bows in that it is made from their trademark blue energy, but it is also unlike many other bows in that it is built very thin. He cannot fire off very many arrows at once, usually only one at the time, but the arrows that he can fire travel very quickly over a tremendous distance. He is built as a sharpshooter of sorts, and can fire arrows with surprising accuracy over long distances, each one packing quite a punch as well.

Ginto - Kazuo has average ability with the art of Ginto, though he shows no particular excellence with it as well. It was never the focus of his training, and given his refusal to use his powers after nine years, it is likely that the skill he had has waned.

Hand-to-Hand - Kazuo is well versed in various martial arts, including Jujitsu, Akido and Shaolin Kung-Fu. Although he is by no means a master in any one, he knows more than enough to defend himself should the need arise.

Kotone Shinohara, Reporter for Fushichou TV
    Spoiler
    Show

Speech Color: #9e2aa8

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kotone's default expression is one that is easlily described as "determined." One look at her and it's more than obvious that one shouldn't cross her path. When in the middle of her reporting, she often bears mischievious eyes with a matching grin, but yet somehow maintains a flawless performance whenever she is in front of a camera. Her hazelnut hair is usually tied up into two small buns on the back of her head, with loose bangs in front covering her forehead and framing the sides of her face as well.

Her posture is always straight and stern, matching her personality. Given her job, it's hard to find her wearing anything less than professional-looking suits and skirts along with a heavy application of make-up to top it all off.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kotone is obsessed with being the best reporter the city can handle, and will stop at nothing to grab the best stories she can, even if it means wading into the middle of certain death. She is fearless (and often rumored to be insane) in her pursuit of news. She is fiery and unstoppable once she gets going, though if she is interrupted, she is known to have a lightning quick temper. She has screamed at her camera men more times than most people care to count, and is often seen dragging them around more like pets than other employees. Few men have ever made it past a month of working with her, though there were a few exceptions.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kotone has a rather unremarkable history, compared to the other characters taking the spotlights. She grew up and attended school like any other average girl in Pheonix Town, eventually making her way to college and spending a number of years earning a degree in Journalism. She began an internship at Fushichou TV and after a few years spent writing, she was finally given the chance to stand up before a camera to make or break her career. Fortunately, the opportunity paid off immensly, landing her a spot as a primary reporter for the station, competing with the other reporters to earn enough prestige to one day be considered by the larger Networks for employment. It's all about moving up in the world.

Kotone is well-known around the station for being one of the more... unsavory reporters to work with, but she's also well-known as one of the best. Although she has gone through countless camera men and women throughout her time, she was recently teamed up with a young, American boy who managed to get used to her quirks (as used to them as one can be, anyway). Quirks like continually calling the boy "Jimmy-san," as a reference to Jimmy Olsen from the Superman mythos, despite his protest and pleading that she use his real name. A name which she has, of course, still not remembered.

Abilities:
    None, other than access to local news equipment and a fearless attitude.

Quote:
    "This is incredible!! Are you recording this? What?! What do you mean you can't find a tape?! Who the hell still uses tapes in this day and age?!"

Hotaru Kageki, Senior Member of the Kido Corps; Twin Sister to Mai Kageki
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu/Speech Color: #929772

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite her actual age, Hotaru appears no older than a thirteen-year-old girl with a short and slim build. She keeps her silver hair relatively short, usually down to her chin, with two thick braids that run down each side of her face slightly longer than the rest of her hair and each one topped off with a small, green bow. Her facial features could easily be described as "gentle" or "innocent," likely a trait given by her large, light-hazel eyes.

She is often seen wearing the usual black, Shinigami robes when she can, though she isn't afraid to dress up in the Kido Corps' more formal attire should she need to. While the black robes themselves are largely unchanged, she replaced the usual white obi with a wider, green one of her own, matching the bows in her hair. Ever since her sister's death, she is rarely seen without a small, white rose pinned to her hair in rememberance.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hotaru's personality was once one of playful fun and innocent exploration, but she has since withdrawn considerably since the death of her sister. The event scarred her rather dramatically, and she has since struggled to regain even splinters of her former self. However, with time, she has slowly started coming back to the girl she used to be. She often spends her time alone and in contemplation and is still quite reluctant to speak openly about much of her own life, but is known to spend time with her friends and certainly have some fun on occasion. It will still be a long time before she is back to any semblance of her "normal self," though.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The history of the Kageki sisters is a heart-wrenching tale that Hotaru has never fully shared with anyone. Hotaru and her twin sister Mai were born in Rukongai to unknown parents. They spent their entire lives as orphans wandering the streets and using each other to survive. As such, they grew quite close and eventually managed to catch the attention of a Shinigami recruitment officer. The girls were accepted into the academy despite their background and quickly found their way into graduation. They took a particular liking toward Kido and as such, were picked out by the Kido Corps for their skill. There they trained and studied as Junior members for many years. While Hotaru was never able to achieve Shikai in that time, Mai managed to release her own Zanpakutou and explore some of its abilities.

Just a little over two years ago, Mai was called out into the mortal world along with a patrol of other Shinigami looking for leads on the criminal known as Kujo. The patrol was discovered soon after as dead, except for one who was declared missing; Mai. She remained in an unknown status for several months as Soul Society desparately searched for her, though they never did find any tracing leading to her kidnapping. That is, until she reappeared in Soul Society some time later with Kujo in tow. Although the reports are mostly conjecture, it is assumed that Kujo needed a discreet way into Soul Society, and used a member of the Kido Corps (in this case, Mai) to manipulate his way through a Senkai gate and enter the seperate plane. Hotaru was unfortunately tending to the same gate that Kujo used to enter and was the first to see her sister's tortured body return home.

In a fit of rage, Hotaru's Zanpakutou sprang to life for the first time and she did everything in her power to stop the man. Despite all her efforts, however, he was too clever. With her Shikai being young and confusing to the girl, Kujo ultimately overpowered her and forced her to watch as he went to work on her sister. Mai put up such a little fight that it was nothing more than a sickening massacre, with Kujo sitting atop her and plunging her own Zanpakutou blade into her body again and again until she finally went limp. Hotaru should have immediately fled for help, but found that she could only sit and stare in pure, unbridled horror at her sister's death. A death that would go on to carry itself upon her shoulders forever. Kujo, meanwhile, knowing that his entrance was covered safely by Hotaru's shock then proceded to call out the Commander-General and slay him in a single swing. Hotaru was only discovered afterward and could barely even talk about what had happened. It was a dark time in Soul Society, and one that will never be forgotten. The reports filed by Soul Society are the only way that anyone actually knows about Hotaru's scarred past, since she very rarely speaks of it to anyone, even her closest of friends. She collected every posession of Mai's she could after she died, including her Zanpakutou (that strangely did not vanish with her spirit) and locked them away in a cabinet, where they have remained ever since. Until she can claim revenge on Kujo for her sister's death, she swears that she will never again open the cabinet, which is also perhaps why she claims to be haunted by Mai's vengeful spirit at times.

However, she has taken some responsibility for the attack, even if she never necessarily blames herself. Soon after, she was promoted to a Senior member in the Corps, and she took up a personal project with special permission from the Commander himself. In the two years since the attack, Hotaru has spent much of her time in Rukongai, setting up a massive and complex web of Kido spells to act as a "first warning" just in case any intruders make their appearance and trip the net. Although she has covered several districts, there are still many more that await her touch, and she works tirelessly to complete her work in the hopes of keeping anything like Kujo's attack from ever happening again.

Zanpaktou: Boushiranpu (Spinning Lamp)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Boushiranpu takes the shape of a rather unremarkable katana, bearing a dark gray hilt and white trimming in its unsealed form.

Shikai: "Light the path of truth, Boushiranpu!"

In its released state, Boushiranpu appears as a long, jagged staff with a curved top. Hanging from the tip of the curve is a square-shaped paper lantern, which glows with a mesmerizing yellow light which seems to flicker like a candle, but at the same time appears as solid a light-source as a simple light bulb. While it does not appear to be a very useful weapon in combat, its true potential is unknown to Hotaru. She has only managed to see it released once in her life, and despite her best efforts, cannot repeat it. As such, any abilities the Zanpakutou might have are shrouded in mystery.

Mai Kageki, Former Member of the Kido Corps; Twin Sister to Hotaru Kageki
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu/Speech Color: #1e0a3b

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mai is nearly identical in every feature to Hotaru Kageki, which comes as no surprise since they are twins.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In life, Mai was very much similar to her twin in personality, though she did seem to be a little more commanding. It is likely such a trait that allowed her to release her own Zanpakutou before her sister. She was also known for having a strong spirit, which might explain why her Zanpakutou remained behind after her body was destroyed. However, it may also explain another mystery about the girl...

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mai's history is the same as Hotaru's, though after her death, her history seems to deviate.

For a long time, it seemed that Mai was gone forever, leaving behind only her posessions that were quickly locked away by Hotaru. Some time later, there were some strange reports of a black-cloaked figure hunting innocent souls in the outer rings of Rukongai, using a Zanpakutou and abilities strangely similar to that of Mai's own. Hotaru heard the reports, and while she didn't want to believe it, began wondering if perhaps the figure was somehow the ghost of her sister come back to seek vengeance. Her fears were soon confirmed when the "spirit" appeared to her in her own home, calling her out and demanding that justice be brought to her murder. Hotaru has tried to suppress the "ghost," but nothing seems to work, all while reports continue to pop up of the same figure appearing in Rukongai and taking more and more lives.

Whether or not the spirit is in fact Mai or some other phenomenon entirely is yet unkown, but Hotaru is determined to look into it and find whatever kind of answers she can. She simply wants nothing more than for her sister to rest in peace.

Zanpaktou: Meian no Gai (Victory Song of Light and Darkness)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sealed Form: Meian no Gai takes the shape of a rather unremarkable katana, bearing a dark purple hilt and black trimming in its unsealed form.

Shikai: "Sing to the shadows, Meian no Gai!"

In its released state, Meian no Gai takes the physical shape of a large, two-handed scythe. It is all such a deep black that it at times, almost appears purple. The blade itself isn't very sharp, but its power is not one that lies in pure offense. Instead, it bears a rather interesting ability. While it can be used as a physical weapon, Meian no Gai is far more effective if used in tandem with plenty of shadows. If the blade strikes the shadow of an opponent, they will feel the strike upon their own body as if they had been hit physically. The ability also extends to Kido spells, allowing Mai to cast Bakudo or Hado spells upon the shadows of her opponents, even if she has no other direct line of sight to them. The effects of the Kido are somewhat dimished in that case, but it is still a dangerous tactic.

Before her death, Mai managed to explore some of the more advanced techniques of her weapon, which included actual manipulation of the shadows themselves for her own protection, but her progress was unfortunately lost along with her life.

Good thing I never delete anything.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    Strawberry, can Vincent be involved in the search for the Scarlet Talon? Being a Quincy himself, he'd be very interested in finding it. It'd also be a good way for him to be introduced.

And while Vincent is arguably insane, Mayumi is totally reasonable. Of course, she's also not a child, but the point still stands!
    It's not actually called the Scarlet Talon to my knowledge. That was a coded conversation.

Sure, though, by all means.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-01-23 at 05:14 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    I removed them under the assumption that most of my characters would be simply written out of the game altogether. I never expected any of them (other than Kujo) to remain at all, even as NPCs. I suppose I was wrong.
    Eh, it's mostly just me; if I need an NPC for something, I like to used characters that have been established in some way. This is why several "abandoned" characters have come back to haunt the story when I suddenly found a place for them.

That, and I want Kuroimaken to feel even worse for what Soushi did to Mai... or was that Hotaru? God, I never could keep their names straight.

18. - Top - End - #228

That, and I want Kuroimaken to feel even worse for what Soushi did to Mai... or was that Hotaru? God, I never could keep their names straight.
    Hotaru is alive, Mai is dead.

Also, who did what now? I was hoping the twins wouldn't get involved with anything, since they had a lot of baggage, which I believe I informed you of. The Hotaru/Mai plot was a very sticky situation for anyone who didn't know the details.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hey remember Andy the Cameraman? It was for me and Zarah to play. Kotone and Andy were gonna go and film various incidents of Spiritual stuff and be general Comedy characters. Unfortunately, Zarah decided to quit, which isn't so bad. But, he also deleted his character profiles, leaving me without Kotone's profile, meaning I couldn't play her and Andy.

Would anybody like to become the new reporter for Andy?
    Now that we have Kotone again, who wants to play her?

Thanks to Zarah for not deleting anything ever.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

I went over the story you told me a few times, and in light of few things that were revealed about Nagamich Soushi, decided to try and use it as a "background force" to get current Kujo plot started. Said sideplot ended with Hotaru decidedly dead. Overall, I don't think I did your original vision much justice. It's been an obscure background detail that has cast a shadow on few in-game events; I'm still hoping to get something more out of it.

21. - Top - End - #231

I went over the story you told me a few times, and in light of few things that were revealed about Nagamich Soushi, decided to try and use it as a "background force" to get current Kujo plot started. Said sideplot ended with Hotaru decidedly dead. Overall, I don't think I did your original vision much justice. It's been an obscure background detail that has cast a shadow on few in-game events; I'm still hoping to get something more out of it.
    Meh. It doesn't really bother me that the fully realized plot never saw the light of day, I was just concerned that people would start playing around with the twins in ways that their secret backstory didn't physically allow and lead to a huge heap of confusion.

But if Hotaru is dead, then there's no worry of that.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

And just so you know, I love your comic.

There, I said it.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

You *kinda* used Mai instead of Hotaru, however. Well, technically it was Hotaru, since storywise Mai was long dead, but we all called her Mai. You did while playing her, Kuroimaken refered to her as Mai while killing her and I refered to her as Mai while pouting at the lost chance to have her body.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

You kids and your crazy twins.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

First off, allow me to apologize if I sound like a broken record here, because lately it seems like I have been saying this a lot lately. So, in order to not sound like so much of one, allow me to look at strawberryman's plugging and say DON'T BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN ME, WHO BELIEVES IN YOU!!!*

*That was incredibly awesome. It's hard to believe such a campaign exists, and yet it does. Awesome.

Secondly, to go on with the record-ness, I honestly don't know what to do. At this point, I'm tempted to put Sigint and the Five Patrol Teams on cruise control, because there just doesn't seem to be room for action anymore.

And before Frozen pokes me towards there, I'll get to Hueco Mundo.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    You *kinda* used Mai instead of Hotaru, however. Well, technically it was Hotaru, since storywise Mai was long dead, but we all called her Mai. You did while playing her, Kuroimaken refered to her as Mai while killing her and I refered to her as Mai while pouting at the lost chance to have her body.
    So does that mean Frozen Feet let loose Hotaru's little secret? Your wording confuses me a little.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

As a warning, the combination of my recent sickness and coming school aggressive workloads will make my posting unlikely to happen very much. Sorry about that.

Also, if anyone isn't currently playing a VC or Captain, please please consider making a 10th Division VC. This is probably the moment where having someone else to help run the division would help me out a lot, as I'm running into way more than I expected, I'm stressed and I'm sick.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    So does that mean Frozen Feet let loose Hotaru's little secret? Your wording confuses me a little.
    Hush. Don't say anymore. Let them think it was a mistake and not intentional for now.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Is the conversation of Kaito and Viatrix also determined plot already?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Is the conversation of Kaito and Viatrix also determined plot already?
    Not really. We're just making it up as we go along, and it's about to end anyways.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune