New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now available for pre-order!

Does the Order count Belkar as a caster?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now available for pre-order!

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFailure View Post
    Does the Order count Belkar as a caster?
    Given that he requires a wisdom boost to cast spells, I don't think so.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Havran View Post
    Who is the hobgoblin in the background of the Calendar? Is he that cleric from GDGU?
    Could be, although the posture is different. More likely Hobgoblin Cleric #845.

4. - Top - End - #64

AssassinGuy

This was a much-needed pick-me-up on a day when I'm having- well, I won't go into it so as not to derail the thread. I'll just say thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

So, after lurking here for over a year, I have finally made an account to ask a question because I did something silly.

I ordered an earlier book at the same time that I put in my Oookadook order for Utterly Dwarfed - Will I have to wait until Utter Dwarfed comes out to receive the other book, too?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    Given that he requires a wisdom boost to cast spells, I don't think so.
    Yeah, but that could easily happen (either as a direct revisit to the original event with modern art, or some sort of similar setup) - it isn't as if the calendar is in-continuity, even.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus1389 View Post
    So, after lurking here for over a year, I have finally made an account to ask a question because I did something silly.

I ordered an earlier book at the same time that I put in my Oookadook order for Utterly Dwarfed - Will I have to wait until Utter Dwarfed comes out to receive the other book, too?
    Probably better to e-mail Ookoodook's customer service to ask them, since they do the work.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

OK, the latest from Ookoodook is that they have a plan for reducing shipping costs to Europe, specifically, but the person in Germany who needs to confirm it is on vacation until next week. As I said before, if it comes to fruition, anyone who paid the rate currently being charged will be refunded the difference to their credit card. No word yet on whether they have a lead on reducing costs to any other part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus1389 View Post

Yes. Anything ordered in the same order as one of the pre-order items is held until all of the pre-order items come in. They do that because most people would rather not pay multiple shipping costs.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    OK, the latest from Ookoodook is that they have a plan for reducing shipping costs to Europe, specifically, but the person in Germany who needs to confirm it is on vacation until next week. As I said before, if it comes to fruition, anyone who paid the rate currently being charged will be refunded the difference to their credit card. No word yet on whether they have a lead on reducing costs to any other part of the world.
    I live near the border on the Canadian side, and for the past few years I've been doing friends and relatives the favor of accepting to let them ship their stuff to my U.S. address. I also have been acting as our own broker whenever we import bigger quantities of U.S. goods for our business. I wouldn't mind doing you the favor of picking up Ookoodook's crate containing all Canada-bound orders in Derby Line VT, then having my Canadian company officially import them (I don't need to pay a broker to do this whenever I'm personally there with the cargo I'm importing) and I'd mail everything in Stanstead QC.

Are they even open to this, or it's too complicated for them? There's nothing in it for me (consider it payback for the many years I've enjoyed your work) but I'm very aware they might find it too weird or something. (No pressure, just let me know if you think they might think it's worth exploring.)
    Last edited by lio45; 2019-08-06 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
    Offer good while supplies last. Two to a customer. Each item sold separately. Batteries not included. Mileage may vary. All sales are final. Allow six weeks for delivery. Some items not available. Some assembly required. Some restrictions may apply. All entries become our property. Employees not eligible. Entry fees not refundable. Local restrictions apply. Void where prohibited. Except in Indiana.

10. - Top - End - #70

Thanks for the offer, but it seems like they also have locked down a Canadian service:

For everyone who pre-ordered the book to Canada (or didn't pre-order it because shipping prices were too high), they're going to be able to reduce them to around $18 from whatever ridiculously high level they used to be at. I don't have an exact schedule for when that is going to be updated in their order system—probably tomorrow?—but either way, anyone who ordered at the old price will get the difference refunded.

I'm not going to announce this on Twitter or anything until I'm sure it's in-place on the Ookoodook site, but it's definitely happening.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hroţila View Post
    Nice! Being European I can't really pre-order, but I'm totally getting this the second it hits the stores.
    Why not? I'm European and have pre-ordered.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Priceguy View Post
    Why not? I'm European and have pre-ordered.
    Khajiit has wares, but I don't have coin.
    Last edited by hroţila; 2019-08-08 at 06:49 AM.
    ungelic is us

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

frown Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now available for pre-order!

This will be the first book I don't buy. $50 to ship it to Australia is just way too much for me.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

So, the friendly folks at ookoodook refunded my silly purchase. Which is great and I'm genuinely grateful for that.

However, I have a new problem. I believe that I have been refunded, but it seems my credit card provider hasn't registered that yet. So, as of now, I don't have funds to place new order, since I'm overdrawn on my credit card for this month.

The situation should rectify itself within a week... two at most. And I want to ask, will I still be able to preorder the book and calendar within two weeks, taking the worst posssible scenario?

Probably silly question, but I wanted to ask it anyway.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

15. - Top - End - #75

I think the Giant addressed this... let me check...

Here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Technically, everything up to the day that the book shows up in December is a pre-order. But in terms of when we need to have X number of orders in place in order to afford printing the book, we're looking at mid-October. Pre-orders before then help us get the book made.

16. - Top - End - #76

Is it legit to ask here for links to other vendors who could ship it to Israel without me paying triple? I'm used to paying double, sometimes, but triple is a lot for a comic book. I also doubt Israel will be covered by the Europe deal (if it is, that's great and I'll order it then)
    Ceika is a beautiful, wonderful person. The avatar was made by his/her great talent, and depending on his/her sex and sexuality, I either have a giant crush or a totally appropriate liking for him/her.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

As a UK fan, how can I get one?

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by alvin40k View Post
    This will be the first book I don't buy. $50 to ship it to Australia is just way too much for me.
    Same unfortunately I'll just have to hope it's available on Amazon or ebay when it comes out.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

The Paladin blues book I got from a semi-local online bookseller. Not as good as directly ordering from Ookodook I imagine in a put money in author's pockets but best I could do with insanity that is shipping atm. I knew a rpg related game shop that also got the books in and close to the RRP.

Check your local alternatives if there's no better deal for your country I guess what am saying.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Buying from a local store is totally fine. If you really want to make up the difference and can spare the money, just buy some additional digital thingy from Gumroad instead of throwing insane amounts of money at the postal service. I mean, at the moment it would be much cheaper to get the physical edition of Utterly Dwarfed from a local store AND the PDF version from Gumroad than to get just the one physical copy from Ookoodook.

The only issue is that it won't count as a pre-order, but what can you do, right. Anyway, stay tuned just in case the shipping arrangement for Europe comes through and the cost goes down - if it does, The Giant will post about it.
    Last edited by hroţila; 2019-08-13 at 07:06 AM.
    ungelic is us

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Could you ask your local store to pre-order it? Or at least let them you you'd be interested in buying it when it's available? That might get them to pre-order it, letting Rich know about the added demand.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd still like to ask you to put the Utterly Dwarfed book, the calendar, and the fifth AMFES volume onto the shop page. But in addition, I'd like to ask if it's deliberate that the big banner that appears at the bottom of the individual comic pages says "Calender" instead of "Calendar". (Update: thank you for the reply.)
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2019-08-19 at 02:24 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    I'd still like to ask you to put the Utterly Dwarfed book, the calendar, and the fifth AMFES volume onto the shop page. But in addition, I'd like to ask if it's deliberate that the big banner that appears at the bottom of the individual comic pages says "Calender" instead of "Calendar".
    At least it doesn't say Colander.
    An explanation of why MitD being any larger than Huge is implausible.

See my extended signature here! May contain wit, candor, and somewhere from 52 to 8127 walruses.

Purple is humorous descriptions made up on the fly
    Green is serious talk about hypothetical
    Blue is irony and sarcasm

"I think, therefore I am,
    I walk, therefore I stand,
    I sleep, therefore I dream;
    I joke, therefore I meme."
    -Squire Doodad

24. - Top - End - #84

Is it bad that I suddenly realized that if Rich put out an OOTS colander, it would be in my cupboard with my OOTS mugs and water bottle?

25. - Top - End - #85

I'd still like to ask you to put the Utterly Dwarfed book, the calendar, and the fifth AMFES volume onto the shop page.
    You can ask all you want, but it's going to remain near the bottom of my list of things to do. The ads are plastered all over the site already and the calendar doesn't ever get added to the Shop because it's ephemeral—by the time it's in stock, it's often sold out.

But in addition, I'd like to ask if it's deliberate that the big banner that appears at the bottom of the individual comic pages says "Calender" instead of "Calendar".
    Yes, it is obviously 100% intentional. You have accurately assessed the situation. Good job.
    Rich Burlew

26. - Top - End - #86

Oh, almost forgot:

If you were a Canadian customer who paid the higher shipping rate (before it was lowered), you'll need to check your email for a message from Ookoodook on how to request a refund. The reason it's not being issued automatically is that the new lower-priced option is also going to be slower, and some customers for whom price is not a concern might choose to keep their shipping at the higher, faster option.

Also, I'm told the Europe reduction is definitely happening, the only question is what the new price is actually going to be. We may have that information as early as later today, or it could be later this week.
    Rich Burlew

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Man I'm excited about this. Didn't read the last couple dozen comics due to time constraints, but I will take time for the book. Sadly will take a while, in Germany it's usually the best option to buy from a local store. Can't wait to read further on my favorite comic books!

28. - Top - End - #88

OK, happy to announce that Ookoodook has finally managed to lock in a contract for European bulk shipping. If you are a European customer, shipping rates are now available as low as $11 for the book (but far lower than before in all cases, the highest being non-EU countries at about $18).

Anyone who ordered at the old price should already have an email in their inbox with details about how to get a refund of the difference.
    Rich Burlew

29. - Top - End - #89

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Pie in the sky time ... fellow Aussies, I've just contacted a large chain of gaming stores to see if they would be interested in being part of the pre-order process. I highly doubt our market would support a distribution deal like the Canada and European ones, but if it were possible to pre-order before end of September and pick up the book early next year, from local stores from this chain in most capital cities and a few regional ones (doesn't look like they have NT stores, sorry) for less than 50% above RRP, who would be up for it?
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

With reasonable shipping costs to Europe, I pre-ordered instantly!

Sorry, my friendly local game store... But I promise I'll still buy stuff from you to help keep you in business.
    Post, post, post, post an amusing and insightful comment!