New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

Telue regards the leaf skeptically.
    "It does make one wonder who would want to build a drunken scarecrow."
    She glances around the bar before returning to her drink and taking a tiniest sip. At that rate, she must have been here a while to get as far as she has.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jack nods. "Yeah. The person who made me did see me as something of a joke though, so that might have something to do with it." He chuckles. "Look at me, revealing my past to someone I just met, like some sort of poorly written character." He takes a gulp of mead. "However, maybe it's the mortoran, or maybe it's the fact that we both seem to like our alcohol, but you seem like somebody I can trust with that info. So maybe it's not that strange."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Malee may realize that Emily has an embarassed blush going on. Or she would, if the her blush got through her scales.

When Malee she's her own ID, Emily looks it over, "Cool. Not many 'supernatural hunters' exclusively where I come from. As for my powers though... Well, they're not anything particularly special. Any time I'm hurt, I get a little stronger, a little tougher. It's not much, but as you can see from looking me over, it builds up over the years."
    She may not see the blush, but Malee recognizes the facial expression, and grins heartily. "Malee notices how self-depreciating you are. You don't think you're pretty, and now you tell Malee you don't think you're special. Your power is so much better than Malee's, AHAHAHA! You'd make a splendid supernatural hunter partner of Malee's!"

Malee then smiles and nods approvingly, pointing at a spot in her ID before returning it to her pocket. "You see Malee is intersex and yet you don't react. You're one of the good ones! Malee will be friends with you, AHAHAHA!"

Because if she'd reacted negatively, a fight might have broken out.

Malee likes fights.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #274

Telue smiles slightly. "Boring people meet someone new and talk about what - their jobs? Being the humorous creation of a madman, isn't that much better?"
    "Is your maker still laughing?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

"It'd be more than a little hypocritical to get upset at someone for the circumstances of their birth," Emily says smoothly. Honestly, she doesn't really care what's in a person's pants; their heart and their head are much more important as far as determining whether she likes someone goes.

"I really do mean they're nothing special where I come from, though. I knew this one guy that could take a tank shell to the face and be fine. Oh sure, he'd get sent through the nearest wall, but he'd get up and wouldn't even be bruised."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

"It'd be more than a little hypocritical to get upset at someone for the circumstances of their birth," Emily says smoothly. Honestly, she doesn't really care what's in a person's pants; their heart and their head are much more important as far as determining whether she likes someone goes.

"I really do mean they're nothing special where I come from, though. I knew this one guy that could take a tank shell to the face and be fine. Oh sure, he'd get sent through the nearest wall, but he'd get up and wouldn't even be bruised."
    Malee smiles brightly at Emily's words, nodding with respect and agreement. "Thank you, Emily. Truly. Malee is confident in who she is, but like Malee said, people can be so... ugh!" She shakes her head, then puts that aside, after another sip of her drink.

Emily's stories of the powers she's seen interest Malee, and she's obviously listening with interest. "Wow! How do powers work in your world?" She'd return the favour, but right now she's interested in listening to and getting to know Emily. "Is there an upper limit, or...?"
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

"Powers are a thing that happens. there's any number of origins for them - I've heard of astronauts getting caught in cosmic rays and coming home with gravity powers. There's people like me and my forebears, born different. Magic, those who use technology to achieve a similar status. There's even people who train to such an unreal degree that they gain superpowers as well; one of the most powerful warriors from my home dimension is a guy called Godhand. He just kept training until he was able to deflect bullets with his abs and punch through steel like it was paper," Emily nods to herself.

"As for how strong they are... well, it's sort of a curve? There's a grading system. Ones and Twos are considered low enough that a normal (if well trained) person can take them down. Three to five are things that keep you could only take down with a competent team of normals, or another super. The scale goes all the way to ten, with ten being 'evacuate the area if this guy gets in a fight', and that's the cap of the scale, so if you meet a Ten, you don't worry about the specifics of his power - you just run away because power stops really mattering after you realize the guy can stand toe to toe with gods. It's also a level of rarity - the number of tens in the world is only in the twenties, while the lower numbers are much more common. I myself am rated at a five for toughness, bulk, and strength."
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-05-09 at 02:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Telue smiles slightly. "Boring people meet someone new and talk about what - their jobs? Being the humorous creation of a madman, isn't that much better?"
    "Is your maker still laughing?"
    Jack laughs. "I guess it is!" He goes silent for a moment after the question. "No, if he was I wouldn't be here. I'd be fighting for him, or something similar. He had a powerful spell that bound me to him. Once some heroes killed him, though, the spell broke, and-" He makes a vague gesture into the air. "-voila. I'm here now."

9. - Top - End - #279

"Myself, I say I came here to visit my grandchildren, typical boring reason to travel, but really it's to escape from the war. If I were back in the City, my aunts and uncles would come looking for secrets and battle workings, never give me any rest. To say nothing of the other side."
    Telue shakes her drink dismissively.
    "Wait wait, did you happen to say that your maker was an evil wizard like from the olden days? With him gone, why don't you just change your name? Take yourself a bit- seriously?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-05-11 at 11:16 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jack considers that question for a moment. "I...don't know." He laughs, almost bitterly. "It sounds stupid, but it's almost like I've gotten attached to the name."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-05-11 at 09:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281

"It seems you can hardly complain then, when people think it sounds stupid."
    Perhaps Jack needs to develop some good unrelated nicknames first.
    "Can you do anything special, Jack?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jack nods. "I suppose so." When Telue asks if he can do anything special, he...sort of grins? While the carved face can't really move, Telue will probably get a feeling that if he could truly smile, he would. "Well, I'm pretty good at martial arts, if I do say so myself, and I can manipulate this form to my advantage on occasion. Not having bones makes it pretty easy to get up after being smashed into walls or the ground, for example. How about you?"

13. - Top - End - #283

"A martial artist gourd. Isn't that something?"
    Telue shakes her head. "Oh, nothing impressive."
    "Just a few little things. I've had a lot of time to practice my magic since coming to the Nexus, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks, isn't that the way?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"A martial artist gourd. Isn't that something?"
    Telue shakes her head. "Oh, nothing impressive."
    "Just a few little things. I've had a lot of time to practice my magic since coming to the Nexus, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks, isn't that the way?"
    Jack laughs. "I suppose it is pretty impressive!" He shakes his head at the old dog-new trick idea. "Quite the opposite, actually. I used to be friends with a person who had an old hell hound as a pet, and she made it a point to teach it two new tricks every year, just to prove it could be done."

15. - Top - End - #285

"I suppose I have gotten better. But I have to credit it all to the lack of distractions here."
    Telue finishes her drink. A bit faster than she had been going through them so far.
    "Did you say you don't have bones? How do you get around?"

'round this time a perfectly normal human saunters up to the pair. He's heavily muscled, heavily tattooed, has one shiny gemstone tooth and clearly has had plenty to drink. Telue reaches into her purse for something.
    "Hey, little lady, you've been asking some stupid questions around here a while now. Before you get into that today, I'd suggest ya just stop the whole thing."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #286
    Pixie in the Playground

"Powers are a thing that happens. there's any number of origins for them - I've heard of astronauts getting caught in cosmic rays and coming home with gravity powers. There's people like me and my forebears, born different. Magic, those who use technology to achieve a similar status. There's even people who train to such an unreal degree that they gain superpowers as well; one of the most powerful warriors from my home dimension is a guy called Godhand. He just kept training until he was able to deflect bullets with his abs and punch through steel like it was paper," Emily nods to herself.

"As for how strong they are... well, it's sort of a curve? There's a grading system. Ones and Twos are considered low enough that a normal (if well trained) person can take them down. Three to five are things that keep you could only take down with a competent team of normals, or another super. The scale goes all the way to ten, with ten being 'evacuate the area if this guy gets in a fight', and that's the cap of the scale, so if you meet a Ten, you don't worry about the specifics of his power - you just run away because power stops really mattering after you realize the guy can stand toe to toe with gods. It's also a level of rarity - the number of tens in the world is only in the twenties, while the lower numbers are much more common. I myself am rated at a five for toughness, bulk, and strength."
    Malee's listening to Emily with an ever-present smile, hanging on to her every word, slowly realizing her attraction for this other woman. A strong brawler like her, who's about her size, open-minded and with a humble personality. She doesn't realize when she mirrors Emily's pose, keeping real quiet as the green-scaled woman talks about powers in her world.

It shows in her eyes, too. Beforehand, Malee simply looked at Emily as a potential friend, but now there's attraction building in them, as well.

Then Emily's done speaking, and Malee has to take a moment to remember it's her turn. Realizing she'd started staring, she averts her eyes so as to not make Emily too uncomfortable. "Yes... where Malee's from, most people have magic potential of varying levels. Malee was not only born with high magical affinity, but has a unique ability of vibrating matter. It was easier for Malee to learn magic. Some have a harder time learning magic, only gaining a mark after manifesting, as opposed to Malee, who was born with it." She shows Emily the mark on her tail, near where it meets her body. "There's specialized magic schools, Malee attended before joining the army. The ones with no magical affinity whatsoever have to make do, or get themselves turned into experimental super soldiers, or get powers by being beamed by cosmic rays... some make deals with supernatural creatures."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-05-18 at 08:38 AM.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"I suppose I have gotten better. But I have to credit it all to the lack of distractions here."
    Telue finishes her drink. A bit faster than she had been going through them so far.
    "Did you say you don't have bones? How do you get around?"

'round this time a perfectly normal human saunters up to the pair. He's heavily muscled, heavily tattooed, has one shiny gemstone tooth and clearly has had plenty to drink. Telue reaches into her purse for something.
    "Hey, little lady, you've been asking some stupid questions around here a while now. Before you get into that today, I'd suggest ya just stop the whole thing."
    In response to the question, Jack simply waves his hands vaguely in the air, saying, "Magic."

Seeing the man, Jack gulps back the rest of his mead and turns to him, "'Scuse me, I didn't quite understan', so can you please say tha' a bit clearer?" His pumpkin face betrays nothing, because it's a pumpkin. However, he suddenly sways side to side slightly, and his head is cocked to the side a bit. He looks like he's also had too much to drink, even though only an instant ago he showed none of these signs.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-05-18 at 02:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

"Makes sense," Emily says, taking a swig of her drink, "There's been a few tries to make a formalized magical school system in my old world, but it always fell apart for one reason or another. What kinds of things can you make vibrate, and how fast?"

Emily appears to be completely oblivious to Malee's growing attraction.

19. - Top - End - #289

"It's none a your business, pumpkin-boy." drawls this newcomer.

"Well, now I certainly didn't mean to cause any trouble-" Telue starts off.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jack jerks back. "Excuse me? If you ha' simply said none a your business, I woul' 'ave been fine, but you had ta insult my race? Wow." Jack is still acting drunk, but it seems that he's truly angry right now.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

"Makes sense," Emily says, taking a swig of her drink, "There's been a few tries to make a formalized magical school system in my old world, but it always fell apart for one reason or another. What kinds of things can you make vibrate, and how fast?"

Emily appears to be completely oblivious to Malee's growing attraction.
    Malee takes a swig of her drink, as well, and is happy to explain further. "Hmm... well, Malee can vibrate her body, as well as matter. Fast enough to cause damage, or slow enough to give massages, Malee can do both and all in between. Usually, Malee uses it to supplement her boxing. Perhaps, we could spar sometime." She suggests at the end, then motions to Emily's cup. "Can Malee buy you another drink?"
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #292

"Hey now, I dinna hear no insults. If I wanted ta insult yer race, I'dda said yer sile looks like it was carved by a blind man, and don't you know pumpkins don't grow well around here? and all. But I didn't say none of that. Step off." he sneers at the seemingly drunken pumpkin.

"-but are you really going to keep going on like this?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #293
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Hey now, I dinna hear no insults. If I wanted ta insult yer race, I'dda said yer sile looks like it was carved by a blind man, and don't you know pumpkins don't grow well around here? and all. But I didn't say none of that. Step off." he sneers at the seemingly drunken pumpkin.

"-but are you really going to keep going on like this?"
    Jack stands up. "Well, now you 'ave said those things, 'n I suppose a fight is in order. Telue, would you like to join?" Jack slurs and sways extremely convincingly, in a way which I cannot replicate.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Malee takes a swig of her drink, as well, and is happy to explain further. "Hmm... well, Malee can vibrate her body, as well as matter. Fast enough to cause damage, or slow enough to give massages, Malee can do both and all in between. Usually, Malee uses it to supplement her boxing. Perhaps, we could spar sometime." She suggests at the end, then motions to Emily's cup. "Can Malee buy you another drink?"
    Emily shakes her head, "I wasn't planning on getting drunk today, so the one is enough for now. The stuff I like tends to be a bit expensive anyways."

Seems she's mindful of her expenses to other people.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Malee and Emily]

Malee starts to say that money isn't an object, then stops at Emily not wishing to get drunk. "It doesn't have to be alcoholic." Then she grows serious, indicating she's about to reveal a little more of herself, without laughing about it. "Malee has been in the Nexus for years now, mostly finding my people in Raptor island and staying there. You may not be dragonoid by blood, but you are one in being, and in my wandering around the Nexus, you're the closest Malee's come to seeing another water dragonoid-person, even though we look different. See, Malee likes to move around, but is thinking of settling in MERC, they have lodgings there as well as their license being necessary to operate in the Nexus. My bike can take us both?" She offers. "Meaning, would you like to check it out with Malee?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-05-27 at 03:53 AM.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Emily considers that a moment before nodding, "Alright, sure. I've already got a house here in Inside already, though."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

Emily considers that a moment before nodding, "Alright, sure. I've already got a house here in Inside already, though."
    "Well, then!" Malee looks really glad that Emily accepted her offer, because it means more time spent around Emily. Being attracted to the mutated human lady doesn't mean she won't endeavour to know her better. "You might be on the move and be closer to MERC base than to your house." She notes, downing the rest of her ale, only about a quarter left at this point. "Even better, too! You can show me around Inside a bit. HAAHAA!" She smiles, genuinely happy about the turn of events, her laughter quite musical.

"To MERC, then!"
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Jack stands up. "Well, now you 'ave said those things, 'n I suppose a fight is in order. Telue, would you like to join?" Jack slurs and sways extremely convincingly, in a way which I cannot replicate.
    "Well, alright then, you dam pumpkin!"

"Me? Join a fight as if it were a ball game? You must be joking."

The guy, totally taken in by the drunken-scarecrow act, comes at Jack with a roundhouse punch.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

At the bar here is a certain mecha-drider, sipping some wine on her way back from a book fair in the city, finally able to dress for warm weather. Even if she doesn't think she has any actually flattering clothes.
    Anri flicks idly at one of her small horns as she swirls the wine in the glass. Quiet, for once.
    (closed)
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground

Peace and quiet.

Finally.

She gets all of... 6 seconds to enjoy it! Emerging from the stairs, cheering loudly, and covered in tiny nicks and scratches comes probably Anri's favourite person! It's Violet! She's holding a very bloody knife and a fistful of cash.

Gemme uh... Redflower leaves and uh... Firewine, hell yeah that sounds fun. Maybe she hasn't noticed Anri yet? SPIDER BUTT! She yells, taking her drugs and her flaming beverage from the bartender, plonking down next to Anri. The <fish> you doin' here? She doesn't sound overly aggressive? Unusual for her.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2019-05-31 at 04:35 AM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show