New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Revelia: JRPG-styled Fantasy Webcomic

One more. Truthfully I'm getting bored of it too. I mean, some boss battles take 10 minutes to complete in the actual game; how am I going to portray that here?
    Currently playing a "blind" (Miraluka) sniper in a Star Wars SAGA Edition RP

2. - Top - End - #212
    Orc in the Playground

Is that foreshadowing?

I almost ruin the surprise if it was, giving the answer.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Fights usually are long in this sort of game, expecially boss fights. I don't think three strips is not too much, IMO. I think the problem is that the fight is turn based, so it's less engaging and feels slower then other fights.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

You could have the fight be interrupted or have Aria win through a fluke. There is comedy to be had in guys managing to save the world without ever winning a serious fight, though I understand if you don't want to go that way.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

I would say the strip isn't heading that way, at least to me the idea is at odds with what's been on so far.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Harkov View Post
    I would say the strip isn't heading that way, at least to me the idea is at odds with what's been on so far.
    I'd hate to say it because it ruins the surprise but

Spoiler
    Show
    she does win. I'm trying to balance story and parody, and losing the first boss seems more parody than the story I'm trying to write will permit. Plus, it establishes Gale as a rival to return later, as if the full name, custom armor and personality haven't already given it away.

Also in case you guys haven't looked closely enough, Gale ties his long hair with a ribbon. Before I knew the trope, I had made him the pretty white haired antagonist.

7. - Top - End - #217

I don't know to how many people this concerns, if at all, but the reason it's hard to see the skill slash effect in this last comic is that I didn't have a separate panel for the character slashing and the screen dimming for the effect to appear. I actually didn't consider it while making the comic.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teutonic Knight View Post
    I don't know to how many people this concerns, if at all, but the reason it's hard to see the skill slash effect in this last comic is that I didn't have a separate panel for the character slashing and the screen dimming for the effect to appear. I actually didn't consider it while making the comic.

That actually explains a lot.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

9. - Top - End - #219

Newt comic.

Follow up link of victory.

Regular OotS-style resumes next. Then FF again later on sometime.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Finnaly! its about time this fight ends!
    Despite everything, its still me.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Tales of Revelia: JRPG-styled Fantasy Webcomic

Pretty funny fight, although now I wonder if there will be any jokes about the odd battle systems of some FF games when our little rival character returns with his improved battle system.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Pretty funny fight, although now I wonder if there will be any jokes about the odd battle systems of some FF games when our little rival character returns with his improved battle system.
    As long as the level up process is completely different I'm good.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

13. - Top - End - #223

Di di di DI di DI di DI!

I actually can play the ff7 battle music on the piano. It's like the only song that I know. Thanks for getting us through the fight scene!

I'm curious to know if we can expect Aria to level up one level at a time to something like lvl 70, or if we have more off-screen level grinding and have more "summary" comic strips that has Aria level up in more leaps and bounds.
    Your friendly neighborhood A&C hobo.

Support local OotS webcomics! Read Tales of Revelia.

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Saturn View Post
    Di di di DI di DI di DI!

I actually can play the ff7 battle music on the piano. It's like the only song that I know. Thanks for getting us through the fight scene!

I'm curious to know if we can expect Aria to level up one level at a time to something like lvl 70, or if we have more off-screen level grinding and have more "summary" comic strips that has Aria level up in more leaps and bounds.
    No of course it will be more like off screen, not necessarily grinding but more like fighting monsters along the way. The way I'm thinking is just assume that when the party is in any kind of dungeon/forest/mine/mountain pass/world map that they got a little stronger by the end of it. You'll also be able to tell when I choose to actually show a battle and you see that their HP count has drastically changed. Something link that.

Also, the appearance of the yet to be named prince of Belcastia is coming up, so Aria won't be alone for long. I can start calling them a party. Maybe, 5-6 more strips until his introduction. I'm still finalizing his design.

15. - Top - End - #225

New comic. Next coming up soon I hope.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. My. Goodness.

I clicked the link in your signature because it piqued my interest. Then read your initial post introduction. Then read the pages.

EXCELLENT!

I, too, am a massive fan of the Tales Of series. Especially Symphonia. I think you did a really good job capturing the feel and gently poking fun at all the various things. I'm also liking the story so far. Keep it up!

17. - Top - End - #227

Thank you. New fans who know what I'm talking about are always good.

Also, I think I will try bumping the font size up one for the next comic. It'll be another talking comic, so it'll be a good test. The problem is that Burlew draws OotS in Illustrator, and apparently its text spacing in much smaller than Inkscape's. So increasing font size might make it worse. We'll see.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you. New fans who know what I'm talking about are always good.

Also, I think I will try bumping the font size up one for the next comic. It'll be another talking comic, so it'll be a good test. The problem is that Burlew draws OotS in Illustrator, and apparently its text spacing in much smaller than Inkscape's. So increasing font size might make it worse. We'll see.
    Text spacing is adjustable, at least in illustrator I believe.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

19. - Top - End - #229

I like how you pointed out that adults are able to handle the situations that they create. I sigh whenever I see highschool freshmen do thoughtless things that have broad consequences. *thumbs up* 15-year-old's need to be admonished, rebuked because they have no idea what they are doing.

No offense to any fifteen year olds or younger. You just need to grow up and gain more responsibilities.

@Teutonic Knight: Would I be able to have a custom banner in order to put in my signature? I don't post that much, but I want to promote your webcomic and gather more readers when I can.

20. - Top - End - #230

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Saturn View Post
    @Teutonic Knight: Would I be able to have a custom banner in order to put in my signature? I don't post that much, but I want to promote your webcomic and gather more readers when I can.
    What would you like to order, sir? As in, what kind of custom banner would you like?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

inkscape allows to change the spacing. If I remember well one of the tutorials that come with it explains how.
    FE Eternity of Darkness:
    Chet Stamsou

22. - Top - End - #232

What would you like to order, sir? As in, what kind of custom banner would you like?
    I don't know whether or not I should wait til the next character comes out, but a new Aria banner with the same text for "a JRPG-based OotS webcomic" would be awesome.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Eagerly waiting for the appearance of the Belcastian prince. Stereotype dictates he either is an annoyance to existence or he is unbelievably humble and nice. Also, his name will either be John or Bill or the most incredibly pompously complex conjunction of European Medieval Names.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Eagerly waiting for the appearance of the Belcastian prince. Stereotype dictates he either is an annoyance to existence or he is unbelievably humble and nice. Also, his name will either be John or Bill or the most incredibly pompously complex conjunction of European Medieval Names.
    Close.

Also Saturn, what quote or what kind of quote, as is referring to what, would you like on the banner?

25. - Top - End - #235

Close.

Also Saturn, what quote or what kind of quote, as is referring to what, would you like on the banner?
    Hmmm, maybe something with a reference to either final fantasy 7, level-grinding MMORPG's, or pokemon. Then have character in relaxed, perhaps action, pose.

I might feel inclined to post more often in other sections of the forum to get the name out for the webcomic in response of gratefulness.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Harkov View Post
    inkscape allows to change the spacing. If I remember well one of the tutorials that come with it explains how.
    Found it. Many thanks. Now to experiment and the best combination for your viewing pleasure. Everyone fine with OotS text right?

27. - Top - End - #237

The text looked fine to me so far. It looks very similar to Mr. Burlew's in OotS. Fire away with your text-periments, but don't spend too long on it. It's likely to be good no matter how you churn it out.

28. - Top - End - #238

After 9 days, I return from AP Summer homework. And new comic.

I changed the text spacing to be like OotS, so if you can read OotS, you can read this. It also saves space, so yay,

Next up, I have plans for a simple world map, but you'll know when they're on the world map. It involves a mini-map. Also Prince in three comics.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

After 9 days, I return from AP Summer homework. And new comic.

I changed the text spacing to be like OotS, so if you can read OotS, you can read this. It also saves space, so yay,

Next up, I have plans for a simple world map, but you'll know when they're on the world map. It involves a mini-map. Also Prince in three comics.
    Yay!

But... No link. yet...

Eagerly awaits world map... and prince...

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Yay!

But... No link. yet...

Eagerly awaits world map... and prince...
    Fixed. And it's not so much of a world map as it is a... I don't really know. I don't even know yet. I'm still working on it.

Also Saturn, I'll get your banner out sometime later tonight. Probably will be on level grinding MMOs. I'm saving a Pokemon comment for another character and I don't have much in the comic to warrant something about FF7.