New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Underside - The Third

The Undercity

Connie stops, and watches them leave. She watches the golem enter the building, and turns and leaves. She turns into an alley, and effectively disappears. Not literally, mind you, but anyone who wants to follow her will find it difficult if not impossible.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-12-09 at 09:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

She bumps into a man wearing a mask who promptly draws his daggers.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

One shall obediently (and rapidly) accompany Charynrae out of the secret initiation chamber! She opens her mouth to speak, but only silence follows. And then, the process repeats itself. Twice (for good measure). What did she want to say? What were they doing here anyway? Oh! Now she remembers! ... And now she doesn't!

Rats!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

Charynrae will exit, and Will shall find that the hidden chamber is built into a stalactite near the kitchen. Will can know where the room is now; next time, he'll visit it on his own, without being kidnapped from his bedroom.

The room's location, meanwhile, is covered by the spell. "So, Three, how are you feeling? Did the spell work?" Three will find that she can answer this question, and the spell also doesn't function with regard to Charynrae and Will; anybody else she witnesses take the same ritual will also be able to speak about the ritual to. So long as nobody who hasn't seen the ritual isn't there, and there's no chance of being eavesdropped, anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Dark Cave]

"...aaaaaaAAAAAAAH!" *whud!*

And so Rick arrives in the Dark Cave!

The place is exactly what it sounds like. A cave. That's really dark. The young Hero pushes himself to his feet with a cough, brushing away at the grime clinging to his clothing. Thankfully he wasn't hurt in the fall. That would have been pretty awful.

He raises one hand and focuses! With a small *woosh!* a torch-sized flame ignites in the palm of his hand. And witht he other he draws his sword!

"That was much fun, Master! For why do you not make fallings more often?"

Rick decides to ignore that question for the time being...

He seems to have landed himself in a cave that looks suspiciously like a wine-cellar. Maybe it is a wine-cellar? Barrels and crates and ropes and bottles adorning the walls. Timbers support the long-ago hewn stone and strange mushrooms adorn the surface. Three tunnels wind away from the chamber he landed in, one to the south and two to the east. There doesn't seem to be any other way into the chamber aside from falling.

Also?

'Eek!'

'Eek eek!'

Looks like Rick woke up a small flock of MalevoBats. That poor unfortunate bastard...

Heart: {]♥♥♥[}
    Magic: {]♦♦x[}
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-12-12 at 05:56 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #36

Near the Dark Cave

There is a room nearby, rather well furnished and opulent, sitting behind a sealed door. The door itself is behind a bookcase, which has a few crates shoved up against it. If Rick can best the complex unlocking mechanism by running around in circles screaming and stabing at things, then he may possibly find this easter egg!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #37

[Dark Cave]

That would be a pretty neat thing to find! It might even happen now that Rick is running in circles and screaming whilst stabbing at MalevoBats. Though given that he's in the wrong room...

The young Hero leads with a LIFE-FORCE BEAM from his sword! The crescent of flame wooshes through the air and hits the bat, setting the monster on fire!

"Yeah! I did it!"

Oh.

Wait.

The bat is still flying around perfectly fine. Except now it's on fire, too.

It takes a bit of fancy foot-work, but Rick ducks under the first swooping bat and dispatches it with a (non elementally enhanced) slash of his sword! With a flash of light and a poof of smoke the monster vanishes!

"Rawr nar, fighting and eating time!" Myrrh trills before hurling himself headlong at a second bat, crushing the ugly thing's face with a well-aimed HEADBUTT! As the monster POOF!s a GREEN GEM falls to the ground!

The remaining MalevoBat rams Rick from behind.

Setting him alight.

"GAAAAAH!"

The Hero drops to the floor and begins rolling around comically, losing one HEART in the process. Myrrh HEADBUTTs final bat, causing its final destruction! Take that bat!

"Naaar! We have made much of the winning! Rick! We must find more adventures!"

"Uuughh..." the Hero groans.

Heart: {]♥♥x[}

8. - Top - End - #38

The Mystery Room!

Well, he certainly won't get any closer to unlocking the easter egg if he's in the wrong room. Inside, sealed off from the rest of the world for their own safety, a mighty dragon sleeps.

And snores.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Oh! That makes this whole event so much less insanity inducing than it would have been otherwise!

"I feel perfectly fine, Reverend Mistress."

One replies, smoothing out her clothing with her hands as she walks alongside Charynrae and presumably Will out of habit.

"I think the spell worked."

"I have one question about that ceremony, though. What was the purpose of all of that?"

It's probably best that she doesn't know.

10. - Top - End - #40

[Dark Cave]

After collecting 1 GREEN GEM Rick heads off down the SOUTH passage! Unfortunately he finds his path blocked by a huge BUST of Leonard Nemoy. The Hero has no idea who this icon of science fiction is, aside from some weird head-statue that's in his way. Unfortunately he doesn't have the proper tools to remove such a barrier yet!

"Oh neat! A head-rock! Is it for sitting on, Master?" Myrrh inquires playfully.

Rick seems... skeptical of that explanation and doubles back! Maybe he'll find some way to remove the rock later.

To the EAST exit! This tunnel is unobstructed, unlike the one with the Life-Force Door near it. Those doors can only be opened by slaying certain monsters! Why anyone would make a door like that seems kind of silly. If someone killed all a wizardy guy's servants you would think locking the door would be the thing to do.

Anywho!

It isn't long before the Hero stumbles into a chamber filled with large colorful mushrooms!

And a crate pushed up against a sealed door. Sounds like something is snoring behind it!

"Look Master! Things for sproinging!" Myrrh chips before leaping from mushroom cap to mushroom cap.

11. - Top - End - #41

Sealed Room

The dragon wakes at the sounds outside his room. A burbling, gurgling rumble slowly creeps up from his belly to his throat as he lets out a mighty roar!

He hungers... but for now he simply waits for the mighty hero to come. No sense ruining a perfectly good trap by running out to greet his guests.

12. - Top - End - #42

[Dark Cave]

"Myrrh, I don't think jumping on those mushrooms is a good id-" Rick begins, only to be interrupted!

By what?

By MushBoom attacks of course!

The horrid mushrooms attack with flailing tendrils and choking clouds! Rick does a whole lot of sword flailing whilst Myrrh depletes the rest of their MAGIC METER burninating the lot of them!

Rawr!

Rick thankfully avoids injury this time around! And one of the MushBooms drops a MOTE! Score!

Did his flailing and screaming unlock the door? Stay tuned to find out!

Magic: {]♦xx[}

13. - Top - End - #43

Sealed Room

Spoiler
    Show
    What do you mean open the door?

Just open it or he'll never get any farther!

But he didn't do it riiiiiight.

Do you want to wait for the next adventurer?

Fine *Huffs*!

The door swings out, knocking over the bookcase and crushing the piled up crates into splintery bits of wood. From the rubble, three GREEN GEMS and a HEART squeeze out.

The room beyond is dark, but only for a second. A jet of flame rushes out between bared teeth and casts a massive, lizardy-looking shadow across the back wall. While the embers still linger, Rick can see their light glinting off a large pile of GREEN and BLUE GEMS.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Dark Cave]

Flame jets!

Possibly of doom!

Rick dives heroically to the side and bangs his head on the floor!

Seems he hasn't quite figured out that running somersault thing yet. Maybe he needs a green sock-hat before he can pull it off...

"Mee-mar! A thing with breath that makes burning! We should see what it eats, Master!" Myrrh suggests before bounding into the room!

Rick decides that he would rather Myrrh not get nommed and hurries after him, quickly pulling the LARGE HAM from his inventory! Hopefully the monster will be content to eat that instead of things with more bones.

A HEART and some GREEN GEMS are picked up as he runs over them!

15. - Top - End - #45

Unsealed Room

The gout of flame accidently ignites a torch the brighten up the room conveniently!

Sitting in the middle of the room, curled around a pile of GEMS is Kashi, a four foot long squirt noble beast of a dragon.

"Snyuuuu~... <Who are you? Have you come for my treasure?>"

Myrrh, despite being totally not a dragon, might be able to translate here!

16. - Top - End - #46

[Dark Cave]

That...

Isn't a very large dragon.

But most things start small, right?

"Nyar! It needs knowings for why we are here, Master!" Myrrh announces!

"Umm..." the boy rubs the back of his head awkwardly. He's almost sure this thing would eat him alive. It looks a lot meaner than the monsters he has fought thus far. "We're looking for some GLASSES," the Hero explains. He then uses the LARGE HAM!

"I don't suppose you might know where they are?"

17. - Top - End - #47

Dark Cave

Really? Kashi is stronger than anything Rick has faced thus far? He's actually pretty scrawny, even for something his size. His eyes go wide at the LARGE HAM, and if allowed will quickly start to wolf it down.

"Snyyuuuu~ <I'll make you some glasses. Nice ones! Thanks for the food!>"

As he eats, Kashi begins to fill out almost immediately. By the time he's done a few mouthfuls he is slightly more bulky and imposing than normal.

Immediately, something shiny is glinting from between the dragon's belly scales. He seems to be sweating GREEN GEMS, along with the occasional BLUE one. From his shoulderblades, between where his wings meet, a pair of GLASSES are slowly being pushed out. They have silver frames, but no lenses.

Kashi will reach back with his teeth and grabs the finished glasses so that he can hold them out to Rick, ending the cutscene. Rick can take them now.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-12 at 09:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

[Dark Cave]

Well.

That's vaguely weird.

"Eerr... Thank you?" Rick replies hesitantly as he takes the GLASSES.

do Do DO DOOOOOO!

And is compelled to hold them aloft above his head for some reason.

You got the GLASSES! Go return them to Fred to get your reward!
    "Why do sparkle things fall from the lizard Master Rick?" Myrrh inquires as they head back to the surface!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Temple of Dalachrech]

Oh! That makes this whole event so much less insanity inducing than it would have been otherwise!

"I feel perfectly fine, Reverend Mistress."

One replies, smoothing out her clothing with her hands as she walks alongside Charynrae and presumably Will out of habit.

"I think the spell worked."

"I have one question about that ceremony, though. What was the purpose of all of that?"

It's probably best that she doesn't know.

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Will also continues to walk along, looking, if either of them can read Tyrran bodly language and facial expressions, pleased that One seems more comfortable around him now.

He doesn't say anything just yet, though, since there's no point; One just asked the question he was going to.

Also, for reference, his spikes, hooks, etc., are currently folded up.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-12-15 at 05:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"The ritual enabled Dalachrech to scan Will's heart and mind, looking for existing connections with groups or individuals that want to spy on the Cult. Because the branding healed, Dalachrech did not find anything that would displease Him, such as membership of the Lolthite clergy, connections to certain devils, and so on." Charyrnae explains, a smile on her lips.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Charynrae's speech makes One quite nervous. She returns Charynrae's smile despite that nuisance, albeit anxiously. One wonders whether or not the slaves have to pass a similar ritual. One has worshiped gods that Dalachrech might be at odds with (although the chance of that is extraordinarily low, as the gods One formerly revered aren't from the Abyss or even from the realm of reality where those who serve Dungeons and Dragons gods and goddesses exist). Still, the thought does worry her, especially since failing the ritual would likely result in the death of the participant.

"What if the brand had remained? Would you have, um, killed him, Reverend Mistress?"

One hesitantly asks, already sure of her answer but desiring confirmation lest she be mistaken (and how One would love to be mistaken in her suppositions concerning this issue).

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Will seems... Amused at one's question, oddly. Of course Charynrae would have disposed of him, just like any part of the Tyr-whole that malfunctioned was removed.

But he still remains quiet, simply taking out the small recording device to capture their conversation, which he finds quite interesting.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech

"No, of course not. I would have sold him to a butcher's in the city." They would have killed him, and turned him into a profit. Via a large sausage-making machine.

The one time this has happened so far the person was released. However, she was undead and it's easier to block the memory of a failed undead applicant than figuring out how to kill them.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

[Temple of Dalachrech]

Augh! That's terrible! Grinding up people into sausage to sell to other people! Even Clarissa wouldn't do that, and she's a crazy monster thing! Heck, I doubt even Cal would pull something like that! That's magnitudes of eww and gross and blech and yuck and...

I need brain bleach! I'll never eat sausage again! And neither will One! Never again!

One begins to feel nauseous! Oh her gods that's disgusting and vile! She doesn't like it! Not one bit! Hopefully, she won't start to retch. That'd make this even worse!

I think it is safe to say that One's questions pertaining to this ritual have concluded. She honestly doesn't wish to know anything more about it.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Twisty tunnels

All it takes is a wrong turn, and you suddenly have no idea where you are down here. A trained man can navigate the tunnels, even the ones that twist around in such a way that you begin to doubt all notion of direction you ever had, and even up and down blurs a bit. In one of these tunnels, there is a woman in leather armor. She's lost, but she doesn't really care...

You can find all sorts of interesting things when well and truly lost.

26. - Top - End - #56

Twisty Tunnels

Certainly, all manner of terrifying beast or interesting person could be met.

But man, this woman must be pretty unlucky, she isn't running into any of those!

Instead, a small, white box about the size of a shoebox with three wheels rolls up to Connie. It's quite shiny, and has a small red LED on top of it.

It emits a high pitched and slightly annoying beep as the LED glows, before shutting off again.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

Twisty Tunnels

There are indeed many strange and wondrous things to be found when lost, especially when lost down here. There's three things that may be found, at least of mine.

The first is a curious creature that looks like a very large rat; it's four feet long and covered in scales. It has green chicken-like feathers, six limbs (one pair of wings extremely far forward on its body, two pairs of legs, the front pair is further back than they should be). It has a feline tail, also green and feathered, and ending in a wasp-like sting. Its head is strange; the general rat-shape has been distorted by pig teeth, tusks and jaw, gills, antennae and blue eyes. The feet have opposable thumbs, and also appear adapted for climbing. It's Morbit, parasitic evolution incarnate.

The second is a bottle made of purple glass sitting on the cave's floor. The liquid within occasionally bubbles. There's no sign of anybody actually leaving the bottle, though, and it's too well positioned to have fallen from somewhere and been gradually knocked into place.

The third is a silk ladder, leading to the Underside Temple of Dalachrech in the Temples of Dalachrech thread.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Twisty Tunnels

"Connie" looks at it with some curiosity. It almost looks like... no, that makes no sense. She picks it up, turns it over, shakes it, turns it back over, and pokes at the light. If it does anything during this, she will stop. If it does not, she will try to pry it open.

29. - Top - End - #59

Twisty Tunnels

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

The little robot - for that is obviously what it is - emits its high-pitched beeping noise continuously until she puts it down, the light flashing on and off as it does.

It looks like a very difficult thing to pry open, as the only breaks in its white plastic armour are around its wheels.

If she's persistant, I suppose she could get it open. Probably have to break the plastic though, and then there might be no end to the beeping!

((Still digging holes, so my posting rate will be of a similar speed for a while. Sorry about that.))
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Twisty Tunnels

She stops short of actually trying her best, instead putting the thing back on the ground. She decides to see if it does anything, or if it's just no good. If it doesn't do anything... she'll have to think of something. Maybe the insides are more interesting... it would just take a bit of wrecking to get to them.