New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Ponona Blvd

"We need people going house to house, taking an inventory of the patients, and what their needs are. You need biohazard gear if you're approaching patients at all, unless that's what the glow is. If you're medically qualified, then we need to get triage going as well. Right now, we simply don't know the numbers we're dealing with."
    Mitchal says to Lee.

Charity recognizes Toby, and heads for him directly. Her biohazard suit is not as high tech as his, but what do you expect from a trainee. "Thank goodness you're here. This is the weirdest disease I've heard of."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #902
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Toby's suit is from the 1980's, so even a Remnant trainee may have better gear.

Hey, you're, uh, with the violent boyfriend at GLoG... Charity, right? Tell me everything. He has to shout to make himself heard, unless we handwave Charity getting his suit's radio's frequency.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Lee nods.

Yeah, the glow's got the biohazard covered. What would you like done with regards to Triage, back in medic training I was taught in a way that may or may not be different than yours.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-09-08 at 11:18 AM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Handwavium is taught right after CPR in medic training.

"Disease started about a month ago. No fatalities, but similarly no recoveries. Symptoms are fever, weakness, and delirium. High rate of infection. We don't know how many are infected yet, because the care workers in this area fell sick along with the patients. It's cross-species, and seems to affect female, young, and humans first."
    Charity says to Toby.

To Lee, Mitchal says: "This disease so far has had no fatalities, so we're triaging based on level of patient suffering and need. Some people may have been without basic care for some time, as entire families fall sick, so we may encounter malnutrition and dehydration. Hopefully no one has died of neglect. Due to the how infectious this disease is, we are not transporting anyone out. Hospital care has to come here."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #905

Alright. It looks like DRDs from HALO are bringing in supplies and should be here soon. There looks to be a clinic getting set up as well. I'll send along the worst of em' and hopefully we'll get this sorted out quickly.

Lee says before he walks into the quarantined area and stars by knocking on the door of the next house that hasn't been inspected.

6. - Top - End - #906

Ponona Blvd

No fatalities? Interesting... The high rate of infection means it has to be airborne or magically spread. Affecting females first is also a curious thing. Have we identified the index case? Do we know if the community has offended a deity? Toby quickly approaches the nearest patient. Say, Charity, are there any consistencies in their delirium? Like, everyone's having the same hallucination or repeating the same thing.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

"We don't have anything like enough data for either of those questions, but maybe we will after the door-to-door. So far I've only witnessed one case of delirium, which was the woman believing she was melting. It ended after a few minutes, and she refused to talk about it afterwards. There's a robot clinician who knows more,"
    Charity says, and she'll lead Toby to the robot played by Lost who is not CB. "The robot speculates that it's magical in origin, but we simply don't have enough data!"

After the quarantine zone is set up and guarded, Remnant soldiers in biohazard gear are assisting in the door to door identification of patients and gathering of data.

Sometime later, as GLoG (except Toby) does not act on anything like military preparedness, a pick up truck pulls up loaded up with preserved food of all sorts - meats, fruits, vegetables, cereals, apple juice, and so on. The halflings have been laying a lot of food by in the cellars over the months for emergency needs, and this seems to qualify. They've also included a fair amount of fresh food for immediate consumption - bread, cheese, milk, and soups. Once a distribution network is set up, there shouldn't be any food problems for a while.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #908
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd-clinic

The medical robot looks up as the pair enters. "Hello! You're here to help with the plaugue?"

Ponona Blvd-Houses

No one answers the door. However, if he tires the door he will find it to be unlocked.

A lot of the doors are unlocked, and the true horror of the disease is revealed. Many people are too weak to move... many have debilitating fevers... and the delirium and hallucinations are common enough that many people aren't sure the remnant troopers are real.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-09-08 at 12:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #909

Ponona Blvd

Lee is shocked by the state of the people in the house. He kneels down and starts talking to them as he rations out the small bottle of water he had brought with them. As they drink he asks them what they see.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ponona Blvd

"We don't have anything like enough data for either of those questions, but maybe we will after the door-to-door. So far I've only witnessed one case of delirium, which was the woman believing she was melting. It ended after a few minutes, and she refused to talk about it afterwards. There's a robot clinician who knows more,"
    Charity says, and she'll lead Toby to the robot played by Lost who is not CB. "The robot speculates that it's magical in origin, but we simply don't have enough data!"

After the quarantine zone is set up and guarded, Remnant soldiers in biohazard gear are assisting in the door to door identification of patients and gathering of data.
    A number of similarly-equipped soldiers in the colors of Remnant's allies in the Altaran Irregulars soon come to assist them in their task. They're not as numerous as the Remnant soldiers, obviously, but they're helping all the same.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #911
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

A man enters the clinic, covered in another of HALO's old suits, and carrying some of any food and medical supplies not yet brought in.

He asks of the medical robot "How can we help?" Not that there's anyone else with him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #912
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd-Lee

Most of them haven't had hallucinations, instead claiming to have gone crazy for a few minutes occasionally or something. Or that it just gets hard to think sometimes, or bouts of paranoia or depression... for someone with knowledge of psychiatric disorders, the large variety will seem odd.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Charity will go to work as the data comes in, trying to pin down the origin of the plague. Patient Zero.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #914

Ponona Blvd-clinic

Yes, we're here to help. Do you have any evidence to support the theory that this is magical in nature? Toby asks the robot as he moves to the first human female patient he sees. And then he starts chanting under his breath.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd-clinic

"Oh- um- er-"

He moves back a bit. "One at a time, please? There is a lot going on all of a sudden."

"The main reason I think it's magical is because I can't think of any other explanation! I haven't found a bacteria or virus, and there's no disease I know of that does this."

The data isn't very useful, at least 7 or 8 kids came down with it in three days, in at least six different homes. Several of the houses were completely infected in a day or two. From there, it just spread.

16. - Top - End - #916

Ponona Blvd-clinic

Toby listens to what the robot says and continues chanting. He performs his ritual slowly, to make sure he conserves his energy and makes no mistake. When he's done, the spell should scan the patient thoroughly, providing a detailed diagnosis of what is wrong with her body. If this really is caused by a bacteria or virus, the spell will find it.

Ponona Blvd

Outside the quarantine, HALO's helicopter touches down. Angela emerges in her magically-colored pink Racal suit and starts unloading medical supplies before heading to the clinic.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd - data crunching

Charity tries to figure out what the kids had in common. Same school? Same church? Same babysitter? Did they play together in little league? Which kids were hit first, and how? Where were they when their symptoms started?

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #918
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd

Dani stays with Sam in the cockpit.
    She looks remarkably professional, for once.

Erin follows Angela, having put on one of the suits, no doubt at Angela's insistence, instead of relying on spoooooooooooky immune systems.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #919
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd-clinic

The woman does not appear to be affected by any bacteria, virus, fungus... or any noticeable magic effect. THAT is freaky.

Data crunching

This kind of information isn't really available here... might be better to ask the people.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd - Data gathering

Charity goes to the first family on the list to question them, and will follow to each afterwards. We can roleplay out each visit individually or do a montage - whichever suits you.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #921

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    [Outside Trog's]

Gird laughs again and runs down the alley, taking a mighty leap over Krystal to land on the last crate. The crate lets out a loud defiant creak before breaking under Gird's weight.
    Krystal chuckles at that.

Okay. You got me beat there.

She eyes the nearest wall with a sly grin. But...I think I got something you don't.

She'll take a few steps away from the wall, then bring out crystals from both fists. She gives a couple power swings, and ends up with several crystals stuck in the wall, going up. Then she dashes towards the wall, leaps, and grabs the lowest ones. She the proceeds to use the crystals to climb up the wall.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

22. - Top - End - #922
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Evan dives to the side out of the way of the golem and as he lands stores away Fenrir and draws Jormungandr, his largest rifle. He quickly loads the weapon with armor piercing rounds and begins by firing one round at the head of the golem and two into the chest, all with deadly accuracy.
    [Abandoned Temple]

The shots hit the golem that did not even bother to dodge. The bullets are in the head and chest halfway buried in. As a stone golem it doesn't seem to feel any pain. Fists will continue to be aimed at Evan, somewhat faster this time around. Over at the stairs going up, creatures are coming through. They look like lizards thrice the size of an oversized alligator. They are starting to form a swarm. Surt in the mean time looks like he's concentrating on something. A pulse-like sonar can be felt emitting from his left arm.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

23. - Top - End - #923

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal chuckles at that.

Okay. You got me beat there.

She eyes the nearest wall with a sly grin. But...I think I got something you don't.

She'll take a few steps away from the wall, then bring out crystals from both fists. She gives a couple power swings, and ends up with several crystals stuck in the wall, going up. Then she dashes towards the wall, leaps, and grabs the lowest ones. She the proceeds to use the crystals to climb up the wall.
    Gird looks around and then simply sits down on the ground, laughing. Cree wins.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

24. - Top - End - #924
    Dwarf in the Playground

Some of the families will be able to point Charity to the houses with the children that were affected first... one of which is the home of Samuel (the man from the clinic). She can either check Samuel's home or one of the other homes.

Oh, when I say that some of the families can help, I mean that most of the families are completely bedridden. The various people going door-to-door are finding that people that can move around are in a minority, almost overwhelmingly so. It's a good thing that medical attention was brought in when it was, or this could have turned nasty.

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Ponona Blvd-Lee

Most of them haven't had hallucinations, instead claiming to have gone crazy for a few minutes occasionally or something. Or that it just gets hard to think sometimes, or bouts of paranoia or depression... for someone with knowledge of psychiatric disorders, the large variety will seem odd.
    Lee nods, doing his best to appear understanding to everyone in the home. After he counts off the number of people in the home he will do his best to figure who should head to the clinic for additional help.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Troll in the Playground

Ponona Blvd - Charity

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

Some of the families will be able to point Charity to the houses with the children that were affected first... one of which is the home of Samuel (the man from the clinic). She can either check Samuel's home or one of the other homes.

Oh, when I say that some of the families can help, I mean that most of the families are completely bedridden. The various people going door-to-door are finding that people that can move around are in a minority, almost overwhelmingly so. It's a good thing that medical attention was brought in when it was, or this could have turned nasty.

Samuel's house seems a fine place to start. Charity will go in first and provide what care she can and deciding whether they need to be moved to the mobile clinic or not (radioing in for stretcher bearers for that part, if needed). Then she'll talk to Samuel.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #927

Gird looks around and then simply sits down on the ground, laughing. Cree wins.
    Krystal smiles. Well, to be honest, I've had my powers for almost a decade now. I've had time to practice.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #928
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponona Blvd-Lee

The trick about the family is that they will need someone to take care of them, to keep them from wasting away. Such a thing would be easier at a clinic... but there are a lot of people that would need this kind of attention in the neighborhood, as will become clear as the soldiers find other houses in similar conditions.

Ponona Blvd - Charity

Samuel will answer the door, somewhat happy to see Charity. His wife and eldest two children are bedridden, but he and his adopted child are still able to be up and around. The adopted child isn't human, but still humanoid. She has chalk white skin, and jet black hair... and appears to be tattooed with lightning bolts in black ink. THAT is odd. She looks about six years old, and is obviously tired as she moves around the house. She rests often, but probably not as much as she should be.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "I get more insight into the military life and you get more insight into pacifism. Seems a fair trade," Charity says.

"Perhaps so. Do you know what that destiny might be?" Starling asks.
    [The Sitar's Strings]

"You have... plans, don't you? About the non-humans." Maahir can see them! They flitter around Brian's head like pigeons!

Spoiler
    Show

The Temple of Splendors

A middle-aged Flarg clad in nothing but a pair of shorts walks up to the temple. I'm here for the swimming job? he asks me too! a teenage Flarg in jeans and a t-shirt says Same! a third Flarg says, this one looking about 26 clad in nothing but a loin-cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Temple of Splendours]

Shrike grins, applauding as Tina dives into the syrup!
    And appreciating the view, too...

...she then gets kicked into the pool.

SPLOOSH.

*indignant spluttering*
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tina wriggles her way through the goop, slipping up on the side of the pool and propping her elbows there. She blinks innocently at Kal, saying, "Aw, honey, feeling left out?" She tilts her head a little, smirking. "Why don't you hop in?"

Though her hair's still slick with the stuff, the syrup on Tina seems to have trouble sticking. It slides right off in many cases, temporarily coloring her skin an even darker, golden brown.

[The Temple of Splendors]

Bwahaha! Victory for Kal's petty whims!
    "Meh. I've been to these sorts of parties before." Says Kal.
    "It seems worth it now, less so in one week when you've still got uncomfortable sticky feelings all up in places not worth mentioning."
    He appraises the Flargs for a moment, attempting to determine their hawtness. As far as he can tell, they seem sorta average, but the fact there's three of them lends itself to some interesting possibilities.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-09-09 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Orc in the Playground

The Temple of Splendours

"I won't! I live in a lake. I don't bathe before or after breakfast, but before, during and after breakfast, lunch and supper. Plus my skin doesn't have all that hair like I've seen on most swimmers, so my skin's smoother." And also Myrim will, when in fresh water, create a mucous membrane around herself that is designed to pull anything sticking to her off and makes her slippery, much like a fish does. This both pulls off most forms of aquatic parasites, but also keeps her cleaner than one might expect from a creature native to swamps and marshes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!