New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1470
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*

Details? SHADING? What is this WITCHCRAFT?
    I agree with Madcrafter that it is nice!
    Nit pick and suggestion:
    For the highlights on the metal bits, have you considered using harder highlights, less air brushyness-type effect? You know, like how you did the white highlights on the eyes? Generally, the shinging things like eyes, wet things and shiny metal look better with harder highlights and a sharper contrast between the dark and light bits. Of course, all this is just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Robo-Ky runs away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

I had to look up ennui.

I need to use this word.

... but then I stopped caring.
    The story of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    I've been having trouble with mine in my right arm, I found that binding it so it stays straight when I sleep helps.
    I didn't bind it, but I have had to change my sleeping position to keep my right arm relatively straight and my elbow at rest. Granted, I might as the sleeping position is different enough that I tend to roll around in the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    The funny thing about the nerve injury was that for a while I was afraid it was something wrong with my carpal tunnel as the bottom of my right hand had was numb. I rested my wrists and hands but the sensation didn't go away. After a doctor visit turns out I must have hit my lower elbow at sometime as the doctor told me the nerve was injured there even though it felt fine besides a small prickly pain when a small spot on the nerve was poked.
    After starting to rest my upper elbow (which felt fine) feeling started to return to my hand.
    The whole event left me feeling extraordinary silly. Oh ye nerve problems.

Day 142:

Part of the hanging our group leader brought back from his conference in China. This one actually does look better in real life, but it took me 24 pictures to even get it this close to focus. (And of course the actual print is amazing).
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snip*
    Time: 50 minutes
    Music: Pony
    It does look nice, now I want to see the print...

C-9, or "I colored something. Mission Accomplished."

Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to give myself 1 hour to color a doodle. This is the result. It isn't that good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Link

More ponies in space, smuggling spice. Carrying crates, shooting guns. Scoot isn't going to shoot anyone like that and Applebloom is feeling guilty about unknowingly taking the safe caring position from Sweetie Belle. The colors are blargh, but I picked them with little second thoughts. The line work could be a lot cleaner too. And perhaps some different colors and not boring grey. Ok, there's a lot of things wrong with this doodle. Next time I guess.

Oh yes, and the tails are indeed, tacked on as a after thought.
    Last edited by Bakuel; 2012-11-15 at 01:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bakuel View Post
    I didn't bind it, but I have had to change my sleeping position to keep my right arm relatively straight and my elbow at rest. Granted, I might as the sleeping position is different enough that I tend to roll around in the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    The funny thing about the nerve injury was that for a while I was afraid it was something wrong with my carpal tunnel as the bottom of my right hand had was numb. I rested my wrists and hands but the sensation didn't go away. After a doctor visit turns out I must have hit my lower elbow at sometime as the doctor told me the nerve was injured there even though it felt fine besides a small prickly pain when a small spot on the nerve was poked.
    After starting to rest my upper elbow (which felt fine) feeling started to return to my hand.
    The whole event left me feeling extraordinary silly. Oh ye nerve problems.
    Wow that is worse than mine. The outside of my arm about halfway each direction from the elbow is sensitive, but the worst I get in my hand is prickling and burning sensations on the outside edge/fingers.
    It does look nice, now I want to see the print...
    Luckily I took a picture of it since I liked it. It was still crooked when I used it as a reference.
    Spoiler
    Show

C-9, or "I colored something. Mission Accomplished."

Spoiler
    Show
    I tried to give myself 1 hour to color a doodle. This is the result. It isn't that good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Link

More ponies in space, smuggling spice. Carrying crates, shooting guns. Scoot isn't going to shoot anyone like that and Applebloom is feeling guilty about unknowingly taking the safe caring position from Sweetie Belle. The colors are blargh, but I picked them with little second thoughts. The line work could be a lot cleaner too. And perhaps some different colors and not boring grey. Ok, there's a lot of things wrong with this doodle. Next time I guess.

Oh yes, and the tails are indeed, tacked on as a after thought.
    Sweetie is cringing wonderfully, expecting a laser bolt to the back any second, and Applebloom's expression is great as well. I agree on the colours in terms of variety, but overall I don't think it looks so bad. The tails could have been integrated a little better, but at least you didn't forget them. I'm sure the empire'd love it if all spice smugglers dressed the same.

----

Day 143:

This would've been recognizable as Elvis if I hadn't drawn his hair too low and royally messed up his facial proportions (his face should be much longer). As it is, just a more generic greaser.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 30 minutes thereabouts
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to say, I love your style. It reminds me of Scott Pilgrim.

So, the story behind this one is that the IRC is a wild place, full of as much roleplay as Ponythread itself. In the course of one session, Dive Bomb died, and was given one "free reincarnation" pass, or some-such. I chose to honor the great RP spirits, and come back as a fox; the cyber-fox.

Spoiler
    Show

Details? SHADING? What is this WITCHCRAFT?
    Pffftttheeeeeeeeee. You should do the IRC thing sommore. ^_^

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey, I remembered about the 30 minute challenge today! Why, I'll just fire up Photoshop and-
    Spoiler
    Show

I hate in when this happens. I actually threw my pen across the room.

Luckily I can usually fix it with a reboot.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    A person who has been hollowed out, a strange entity and/or being is now wearing their body, looking at the world with alien perspective.
    Spoiler
    Show

A cute robot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say that BMO is probably one of the cutest robots around.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Not good old Tectonic Robot? D:

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Not good old Tectonic Robot? D:
    We probably just have problems figuring out how you actually look. Closest I ever got was a Teutonic Robot. :P
    Last edited by Sean Mirrsen; 2012-11-16 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Forgot this isn't IRC, need to use tags...
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

Well the fox is kind of kind of a cute robot critter I suppose...

----

Day 144:

Just a gecko lizard thing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 20 minutes

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Troll in the Playground

Yes indeed!

Not that Tec isn't cute too, of course.

Anyway, today's 30 minute challenge (which, as before, was actually 60 minutes. That tumblr is badly named) was AJ + The Mayor interacting, so here's AJ getting an award for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't look at the hat!

Stop looking at it!

Also all the other mistakes! Don't look at them either!

JUST CLOSE THE SPOILER ALREADY, GEEZ!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes indeed!

Not that Tec isn't cute too, of course.

Anyway, today's 30 minute challenge (which, as before, was actually 60 minutes. That tumblr is badly named) was AJ + The Mayor interacting, so here's AJ getting an award for some reason.
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't look at the hat!

Stop looking at it!

Also all the other mistakes! Don't look at them either!

JUST CLOSE THE SPOILER ALREADY, GEEZ!
    D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Cute ponies are cute. ^_^

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 145:

Just some heads. I am getting better at them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Music:Pony
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-17 at 05:34 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Dwarf in the Playground

Luckily I took a picture of it since I liked it. It was still crooked when I used it as a reference.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing!
    *saved for later inspiration*

I'm sure the empire'd love it if all spice smugglers dressed the same.
    You know, after reading your comment and stopping to think about it, I actually don't know why the CMC smugglers are dressed the same. If they are teamed with AJ and Rarity especially. While AJ would be lazy enough to just buy dozens of the same generic outfit, one would think Rarity would never stand for it. I need to sit down and try to think up alternate clothing.

C-10 and C-11, or "Color? What color?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't feel like coloring today, so I just drew instead! It's relaxing to just doodle instead of coloring. I'll color them later. Probably.

Quick-draw Apple!
    Applejack about to slice something, the wind is doing something action-y so the hair is twirling around in a impossible but flamboyant manner.
    Spoiler
    Show

Link
    The lines are better then the last one, but I took longer on it so it doesn't really count as improvement. That line were her snout is is just to remind me were to shade! That's not a pig snout or anything!

Scoot as a werewolf!

Someone once requested scoot as a werewolf, I realized I needed to get off my rearend and fulfill it. So yeah, a work in progress. Not much to see, she's wearing her nightmare night custom and transforming at the same time. Yeah.
    Spoiler
    Show

Link

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice, nice. Is the view on the scootaloo one from something? It's interesting with things wrapped around the center like that.

----

Day 146:

One I had been holding off on doing for a while, but wanted to. A BoS Paladin/Knight from Fallout 3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: An hour ten

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

Another 30 60 minute art challenge. Done in 45 minutes because I had to break for dinner.

Based on the latest episode of pony, so kind of spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show

I accidently did this at a lower resolution that normal, so that's why the lines look thicker than what I normally do.

I forgot the tails on the upper Pinkies. :/

But other than that I'm quite happy.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice, nice. Is the view on the scootaloo one from something? It's interesting with things wrapped around the center like that.
    It's just supposed to be Ponyville with a one point perspective on the moon and the horizon line as a circle. Lazy, because Scoot's isn't really apart of the perspective...
    Will probably "Lower" the horizon line (Or enlarge the ground circle line(if that makes sense)), to put more sky in the picture and less ground as I am not too sure what I can do with the ground to make it less boring. But the night sky is always easy to make interesting.

----

Day 146:

One I had been holding off on doing for a while, but wanted to. A BoS Paladin/Knight from Fallout 3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: An hour ten
    Wow. I must say, that is your best drawing yet. The shading is great. Especially those pipes/tubes for the breathing apparatus. Hats off to you.

Another 30 60 minute art challenge. Done in 45 minutes because I had to break for dinner.

Based on the latest episode of pony, so kind of spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show

I accidently did this at a lower resolution that normal, so that's why the lines look thicker than what I normally do.

I forgot the tails on the upper Pinkies. :/

But other than that I'm quite happy.
    The bottom middle one looks happy despite it all! Is it a case of grin and bare it or has she found true peace in her position in life.
    Anyway, nice!
    Spoil the spoilers I guess,
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't help but feel sorry for the clone pinkies. So what they're annoying soulless magical clones, they had a right to exist too! Couldn't they like, start a pinkie nature sanctuary to put them all or something?

Question, have you considered putting some white highlights in your ponies' eyes? I know you are doing the speed draw but the highlights would probably only take a minute or so to add and it would give the black part of the eyes more substance.

C-12, 13, or "Look Ma, I drew something two days in a row!"

Spoiler
    Show
    C-12,

Did another prompt, Tiki Snakes' Autumn personification, humanish and pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Link

The actually mental shenanigans which led to this were odd to say the least. I went with autumn wreaths since leaf hair was already done by Diego Havoc. If I had been thinking I would have interwoven the branches with the mane and tail. OH WELL.
    A rushed color job to finish a rushed doodle. The coloring still took about one hour and thirty minutes.
    I left the lineart on a separate layer for this one as like I did with the CMC picture, as opposed to the ones from before where I merged all the layers after I was finished with the base colors, then added shading and other such things. Not too sure if it is better or not. I guess the other way makes a softer image, like with the dryad, squirrel and Twi and Dash pic. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

C-13,

First an explanation.

Spoiler
    Show

Link

Then a doodle. 30 Minutes.

Spoiler
    Show

Link

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow. I must say, that is your best drawing yet. The shading is great. Especially those pipes/tubes for the breathing apparatus. Hats off to you.
    Thanks. Interesting, because I think the tubes were the worst (and hardest) part. The original is a really good reference image for the shading, very clear and a large amount of contrast over the whole thing.

Question, have you considered putting some white highlights in your ponies' eyes? I know you are doing the speed draw but the highlights would probably only take a minute or so to add and it would give the black part of the eyes more substance.
    I agree with this. Any ponies I draw without them tend to come out looking insane. Yours seem to not go quite that far, but, it adds a lot to add them.

C-12, 13, or "Look Ma, I drew something two days in a row!"

Spoiler
    Show
    C-12,

Did another prompt, Tiki Snakes' Autumn personification, humanish and pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Link

The actually mental shenanigans which led to this were odd to say the least. I went with autumn wreaths since leaf hair was already done by Diego Havoc. If I had been thinking I would have interwoven the branches with the mane and tail. OH WELL.
    A rushed color job to finish a rushed doodle. The coloring still took about one hour and thirty minutes.
    I left the lineart on a separate layer for this one as like I did with the CMC picture, as opposed to the ones from before where I merged all the layers after I was finished with the base colors, then added shading and other such things. Not too sure if it is better or not. I guess the other way makes a softer image, like with the dryad, squirrel and Twi and Dash pic. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

C-13,

First an explanation.

Spoiler
    Show

Link

Then a doodle. 30 Minutes.

Spoiler
    Show

Link
    The branches in the hair work well I think. One issue is the positioning of the pony on the shoulders; either it is about to slide down, fall off, or the human is pulling down on the legs really hard. Or the pony is just using its wings, in which case it seems an odd position to be in. Also, center of gravity on the girl might be off, its hard to tell. The colouring does look pretty good to my eyes though. And the griffin is charming.

Oh, and the pony's tail doesn't actually appear to be attached to its body at all.

----

Day 147:

Early, since I'm home sick from work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 35 minutes?

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed. Well done with this one!

I normally do, I just forgot this time. If I'd had the extra 15 minutes I might have remembered.

I did them on yesterday's challenge though. Draw a pony (excluding mane 6, princesses or Spike) with a pet.
    Spoiler
    Show

*sigh* That is a very tiny monkey holding a very tiny banana. If I hadn't been in such a hurry I would have increased the size a bit. Oh well.

This one was done in 20 minutes, I think
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

The tiny monkey is cute though, I see no reason why he should be larger. Maybe the pony is just a giant. Head region looks a little flat in some places though, I don't know if you are drawing with shapes or not (they really do help). But that monkey... genetic engineering go! Make us more tiny monkeys. They are probably really useful too, if you could train one.

----

Day 148:

And now after raising the bar so high for myself, I have to lower it a bit. Behold, one of mankind's greatest enemies.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    We probably just have problems figuring out how you actually look. Closest I ever got was a Teutonic Robot. :P
    Nonsense. Are you prepared to witness the true face of Tectonic Robot? Can you handle the truth?
    Spoiler
    Show

The tiny monkey is cute though, I see no reason why he should be larger. Maybe the pony is just a giant. Head region looks a little flat in some places though, I don't know if you are drawing with shapes or not (they really do help). But that monkey... genetic engineering go! Make us more tiny monkeys. They are probably really useful too, if you could train one.

----

Day 148:

And now after raising the bar so high for myself, I have to lower it a bit. Behold, one of mankind's greatest enemies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...That is a laser-guided shark. I am frightened now.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

...That is a laser-guided shark. I am frightened now.
    How can it be laser guided if the laser is on it. No, its just a shark with a frickin laser beam on its head.

----

Day 149:

Another of mankind's greatest foes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: No idea, probably around 20-30 minutes
    Music: None.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

How can it be laser guided if the laser is on it. No, its just a shark with a frickin laser beam on its head.
    A long time ago now, I also drew a picture of a shark.
    It didn't have a laser on it's head though.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Bugbear in the Playground

The shark was obviously giving a slide show presentation just before the ship arrived. It was probably about how to get meat from ships.

In any case, this is the full version of my avatar:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty sure it counts as a drawing.
    white text is the bestest you might want to look for it
    DeviantART

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Tortoise View Post
    The shark was obviously giving a slide show presentation just before the ship arrived. It was probably about how to get meat from ships.
    Oooo, shiny new person. Hello shiny new person! Welcome to the pony drawthread. Provided I haven't been a complete dunce and missed a previous post.

In any case, this is the full version of my avatar:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm pretty sure it counts as a drawing.
    Considering some of my previous posts in this thread could be summarized as "This evening's installment of scribbles," I think you're fine there. The bar to entry here is nonexistent, which is a good thing.

As for the drawing, nice, I like the vegitation especially. Only criticism I can come up with is the flags are very static, no way they would be propped like that without having sticks running through the top (and the fact they are in different directions). It could of course be intentional in the style, I don't know. Looks like background from one of those 2D indy games, with a runed turtle.

----

Day 150:

I got the envious job of moving tables and chairs around after a "technology day" (read: extreme executive pandering) at work. Getting home late, I decided to try and do a pony in 5 minutes. My results:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 5 minutes obviously.
    Music: None

(I feel bad for the secretarial staff, who now have to actually clean everything up. They are probably all still there).

----

Day 151:

Iron Man's head. If you slapped a rune on it he'd totally be a warforged.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 40 minutes

----

Day 152:

A slightly disproportionate TF2 engineer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 40 minutes perhaps

----

Day 153:

Just a Bad Seed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: Just under 20 minutes
    Music: None
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-25 at 07:47 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    A sexy Vrock.
    Spoiler
    Show

I got a picture of a vrock and some vultures as reference. Not until I was finished did it occur to me to get a reference for female bodies.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not until I was finished did it occur to me to get a reference for female bodies.
    Might have been a good idea, seeing how much you anthropomorphised it/her. Vrocks being demons and all are technically gender-less (and also wouldn't have a belly button in all cases). Provided I remember my fluff correctly...

----

Day 154:

A gun mage (Iron Kingdoms).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: Not sure, possible an hour and a bit.

----

Day 155:

A guy, on the ground. Obviously facing something malicious (what is it?) Was a little more lax on the shading here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 30 minutes about

----

Day 156:

Arm was hurting, so I decided to go with something simple and easy... and I screwed it up (and the picture too).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: Don't know, not too long

EDIT: Man, I really should have retaken that image some more. It hurts my head to look at it for more than a few seconds.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-11-28 at 02:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

Your clothing is looking really good, Madcrafter!

Today's effort. Choo choo!
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah the train looks like crap. I don't even care. Look at him. Look at how happy he is!

Took about 40 minutes, not including a couple of short breaks.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Orc in the Playground

xoxoxoxoxo
    Last edited by flyingchicken; 2013-08-11 at 11:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    And now, the stuff I made over the past two and a half weeks
    Good to see you are back flyingchicken.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    pillowfolk
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are bizarre, and yet, strangely compelling...

I don't know if you changed anything, but I personally find the faces in these a lot nicer. Also, do you care to translate that comic from Japanese?

Your clothing is looking really good, Madcrafter!
    Thanks; I think the toga people way back when really helped a lot, as well as the good reference drawings.

----

Day 157:

A classic, which I just thought of today for some reason (probably Diego's drawing above).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: 35 minutes roughly

----

Day 158:

Not quite, but highly inspired by Twisted Fate (A LoL champion). Some composition issues, but I like the look of it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: ~40 minutes

----

Day 159:

CMC Detectives. Didn't do much cleaning on this one, so lots of extra lines hanging around, which I actually kind of like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: Dunno

----

Day 160:

I ended up trying out PS again today. After seeing the Romeo and Juliet discussion in the main thread, I quickly sketched out this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    then went to my computer, and emerged five hours later with this:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: about 5 hours.

This is probably the best I've managed with PS so far, and it felt a little easier working with it, though I wasn't doing much fancy stuff.
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-12-02 at 11:33 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Been a while since I tried to draw anything pony-ish, but I've been on a roll lately with getting back into it. I decided to practice making ponyfaces facing forward instead of in profile or 3/4, and felt I did pretty good for previously having done rather bland :I faces.

Warning: kinda big
    Spoiler
    Show

Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star