New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Boundless Wonder, Endless Strife. [IC] [Part II]

The Void

Kipt smiles at Lilli, and proceeds to explain arcana. "Well, it is really just a theory that I had about magic" he says, blushing modestly. "So- all magic is really quite alike in theory. And although it takes on many forms, there is really one true magic. This one magic is what Arcane magic is." He pauses, finishing the first part of his explanation, before continuing. "However some magics" he gestures to the people around him "are very compatible. Right now, because of all the complications, Arcana is almost impossible for a mortal to use. What we would do, hopefully, would change that." He smiles again freely, obviously liking the idea. "But as far as the warp moon goes, I could use a little history lesson myself."

Brist's Ship

"Oh...ok." Brist says lowering his guard "My name is Brist. You'll have to excuse my paranoia with all these assassins running around. I'm happy to help someone with no love for them, though." He thinks for a moment "What kind of skill set do you have?"
    As they go farther out to sea, the Kalpan on board takes his leave, and swims back to Monte Mora thinking he has nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-19 at 09:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242

Free Port-Skull & Dagger Aftermath

Later that day Marik confronted Gregory. The situation was swiftly diffused, but Marik still ended up storming out of the compound. There has been no sighting or word from Jorias since he left the Skull & Dagger. In fact Gregory has been searching for him, to no avail. The other mercenaries are starting to whisper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jorias's location is not immediately apparent focused search from the Fell Knives will locate him though.

The Void

Gwyn nodded, "The Warp moon was created by my brother Morgash near the beginning of time. It exerts no gravitational force on the Earth as it is made entirely out of the Dreaming. What it does exert is a Warp pull that brings the Dreaming closer to the Earth. That is how Astromancy and Oniermancy are currently utilized, by drawing upon the dreaming, but these magics ebb and flow with the phases of the moon, similar to the tides of the ocean. However, if the warp moon's power is enfused within the world, then magic will no longer wax and wane as it does now."

"From, what I've seen, I believe this is what my brother was working towards, a world where magic is a stable and accessible power. To be utilized by all, so that all may be improved."
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Marren is Plagued by Nightmares

Marren was in a blasted landscape, charred from the fires of war and stained with blood. He was garbed in his full ceremonial vestments for some reason, white robes and purple cloak.
    In the distance was the Temple, a shining beacon of light in this wasteland. He walked towards it, but it kept moving further away.
    As he walked, he began to feel a pain and tightness in his chest. He barely had time to register the symptoms and his heart gave out and everything was replaced by darkness.
    What felt like an eternity later...
    When Marren woke he noticed a change in his attire. His normally white robes were black and stained with blood, his once purple cloak was blood red. But more disturbing, his medallion had changed. No longer was it the simple silver eight pointed star with a diamond at the centre, now the points were long and sharp, dripping with blood, and the diamond was replaced with a black cat's eye.
    Greetings High Priest Marren Ilay of Snow Haven.
    Who is there? Explain yourself!
    A figure in a hooded cloak of midnight blue stepped forward out of the darkness, easily two feet taller than Marren. In one hand, it held a scythe.
    You don't recognise me? I suppose that's my fault...
    Marren bowed before the divine figure.
    Lord Belsheroth.
    I'm disappointed in you Marren. You abused my power.
    But do we not have the right to protect ourselves and others? To protect and heal is the mandate you gave us.
    You forget one minor point. You stopped the heart of that Blur and stole its life-force. You misused the art of healing. That is a stain upon your soul I cannot allow. As such, you need to make amends.
    Stray from the path once more, and your life is forfeit.

The dream began to fade, and Marren heard one final message.
    Oh, and don't even think of using my power again.

Reality

Marren awoke with a start.

The Mistlands

The Council of Archangels appeared with thousands of books in tow.
    They bowed and Anzhela spoke.
    Lord Kiloasa. We have finished the task you have set for us. We have interviewed every soul residing in the Forests of Starlight. Unfortunately, the Realm of Lord Halasht is barred to us and we were unable to gain passage through the Gates of Hell.
    I believe Vanyanil has summarised our data for you.

At this, the shortest of the Belsherai present stepped forward. An easel with a graph upon it appeared by his side.
    My Lord Kiloasa, as you can see by this graph, the first one or two hundred years are marked by a large percentage, approximately a third, of the souls in the Forests desiring to return to Ashkharh in some form. However, after this period, the number drops to almost nothing, most likely because the ties that draw them to the mortal world are gone by this point.
    However, after a period of approximately two thousand years, the number of souls desiring to return slowly begins to increase. In total, a quarter to a third of all the souls in the Forests of Starlight desire to leave.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-20 at 11:27 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

4. - Top - End - #244

The Temple

Sophia hears Marren's breathing change and looks over at him, "You're awake." She could've sworn there was someone else-

"Good, we could use your help."

Sophia pointed her sword at the Blur, "What're you-"

"gods woman! Keep your eyes on me, I do not want to explain this again. I've met you before, I'm on your side. And we've got about half a dozen Blur mixed in with two or three dozen thugs surronding this temple. They're waiting for the Fog to drop, but we can't leave without running into them. Any of you got any ideas?"

Sophia shook her head, she'd need the doctor to confirm the Blur's words, but for now she'd trust him. "I could draw them off, I can probably about eight or nine on my own and then I'll rendevouz with you guys later."

"No, you are not volunteering."

"Excuse me?"

"You and the Doctor are the two with the best chance against Big Momma. Without you two there is no plan."

Sophia raised an eyebrow. But before she could say anything the Blur continued, "You're a priest right? Marren was it? Could you cast a spell to shield us from harm? It might just buy us a few extra seconds."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    A bell tolled outside.

Sophia was silent for a moment, then nodded, "You might be right. We can't risk Big Momma gaining more assets than she already-

"Do you really think you could do it alone?"

Sophia stood hurriedly and drew her sword.

"Riight, no memory. Like I said before, I'm not here to fight. Actually I'm here to help."

The Blur was hurt at least from the way he's holding himself, though there was no physical injury.

"My manifested double ran into Big Momma, the real one I hope. Problem is? The temple is now surrounded by Blur. I think they're waiting for the fog to lift."

Spoiler
    Show
    D&D-wise Psionics is a lot more broken than most forms of magic (Clerics & Construct Wizards being two of the exceptions). What I'm emphasising with Big Momma isn't typically what you see, though they do have Dominate manifestations.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually just calling it psionics - it's closer to psychic powers from other forms of media than Psionics from DnD

If they have the building surrounded this will get ugly fast... The Doctor thought, bringing himself up to his full height. I think I can get out of here, but these humans can't change their shape or - far as i know - block their minds. Is there another way out for them? It's a temple, it must have a secret passage or something.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-20 at 11:36 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

The Temple

Sophia hears Marren's breathing change and looks over at him, "You're awake." She could've sworn there was someone else-

"Good, we could use your help."

Sophia pointed her sword at the Blur, "What're you-"

"gods woman! Keep your eyes on me, I do not want to explain this again. I've met you before, I'm on your side. And we've got about half a dozen Blur mixed in with two or three dozen thugs surronding this temple. They're waiting for the Fog to drop, but we can't leave without running into them. Any of you got any ideas?"

Sophia shook her head, she'd need the doctor to confirm the Blur's words, but for now she'd trust him. "I could draw them off, I can probably about eight or nine on my own and then I'll rendevouz with you guys later."

"No, you are not volunteering."

"Excuse me?"

"You and the Doctor are the two with the best chance against Big Momma. Without you two there is no plan."

Sophia raised an eyebrow. But before she could say anything the Blur continued, "You're a priest right? Marren was it? Could you cast a spell to shield us from harm? It might just buy us a few extra seconds."
    Marren was very uncertain. Belsheroth had been so unspecific with that last statement. Did it mean he could use divine magic only to get struck down? Or was he barred from using it altogether?
    Still, might as well give it a try. He willed a small light into existence, only for it to flicker and die within a second.
    I'm sorry Sophia. But I'm just a powerless old man now.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually just calling it psionics - it's closer to psychic powers from other forms of media than Psionics from DnD

If they have the building surrounded this will get ugly fast... The Doctor thought, bringing himself up to his full height. I think I can get out of here, but these humans can't change their shape or - far as i know - block their minds. Is there another way out for them? It's a temple, it must have a secret passage or something.
    It's an unusual architectural feature for a temple to have, but Free Port isn't the most secure place, so they might have built one.
    So, it's possible. But it'd be in the crypt if it exists.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-07-20 at 11:39 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

7. - Top - End - #247

Free Port

The Blur clicks his tongue, "This is Free Port, everyone has an escape tunnel. Old Woman!"

The old woman who let you into the temple earlier appears at the door, "Yes? Oh my, when did I let yo-"

"Yesyes you've never seen me before. Where's the entrance to the Crypt? I have a relative buried down there."

"Truly? Oh well then, just go down the hall to your left. I have the key right-"

"Oh gods what's that?!"

The old woman looks behind her, then seems very confused for a moment before her eyes roll back and she collapses on the floor.

"What the hell did you just do?"

"Just gave her a psychic command to sleep." He grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her into the room. Before retrieving her key.

"Trust me, we leave the door unlocked they won't have any reason to kill her... y'know unless they burn the temple down."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-20 at 11:52 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Marren was very uncertain. Belsheroth had been so unspecific with that last statement. Did it mean he could use divine magic only to get struck down? Or was he barred from using it altogether?
    Still, might as well give it a try. He willed a small light into existence, only for it to flicker and die within a second.
    I'm sorry Sophia. But I'm just a powerless old man now.
    If you see him again, tell him the Doctor said "F*** you we needed those spells!"
    Free Port

The Blur clicks his tongue, "This is Free Port, everyone has an escape tunnel. Old Woman!"

The old woman who let you into the temple earlier appears at the door, "Yes? Oh my, when did I let yo-"

"Yesyes you've never seen me before. Where's the entrance to the Crypt? I have a relative buried down there."

"Truly? Oh well then, just go down the hall to your left. I have the key right-"

"Oh gods what's that?!"

The old woman looks behind her, then seems very confused for a moment before her eyes roll back and she collapses on the floor.

"What the hell did you just do?"

"Just gave her a psychic command to sleep." He grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her into the room. Before retrieving her key.

"Trust me, we leave the door unlocked they won't have any reason to kill her... y'know unless they burn the temple down."
    The Doctor picked up the old woman and put her on his back, molding his body to hold her in place. He covered her mouth but left her nose uncovered so she could breath.

Let's go, then. When they stop seeing you, I'll tell the humans we're getting help from a Blur so they don't kill you on sight. It might take a while to find the passage. He blinked as he noticed something about the Blur. It amazes me nobody ever thinks 'Those dont look like human eyes'.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-21 at 12:31 AM.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #249

If you see him again, tell him the Doctor said "F*** you we needed those spells!"

The Doctor picked up the old woman and put her on his back, molding his body to hold her in place. He covered her mouth but left her nose uncovered so she could breath.

Let's go, then. When they stop seeing you, I'll tell the humans we're getting help from a Blur so they don't kill you on sight. It might take a while to find the passage. He blinked as he noticed something about the Blur. It amazes me nobody ever thinks 'Those dont look like human eyes'.
    The Blur looks at the Doctor in suprise, then smiles, "I think I'm more exhausted than I thought, my shapeshifting must be going wonky. All right this way."

He left the room, Sophia shook her head, "Wait what's going on?"
    Gwyn, The First Knight

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

The Blur looks at the Doctor in suprise, then smiles, "I think I'm more exhausted than I thought, my shapeshifting must be going wonky. All right this way."

He left the room, Sophia shook her head, "Wait what's going on?"
    We're going into the crypt. The Blur that helped us earlier is helping us escape from the Blur surrounding this place. He then grinned wickedly and looked at Sophia over his shoulder. You also flirted with him. A lot. It was really quite disturbing. Did you REALLY do all that stuff before becoming a knight?

The Doctor enjoyed making people uncomfortable.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #251

We're going into the crypt. The Blur that helped us earlier is helping us escape from the Blur surrounding this place. He then grinned wickedly and looked at Sophia over his shoulder. You also flirted with him. A lot. It was really quite disturbing. Did you REALLY do all that stuff before becoming a knight?

The Doctor enjoyed making people uncomfortable.
    Sophia looked very confused but followed anyway. Something in his words rang false, call it an instinct.

As they arrived the at the Crypt the Blur opened the door, "All right we need to move fast, I'm shielding the everyone's thoughts as best I can, but that won't count for much if Big Momma gets off her butt."

"Are you th-"

"Yes for the fourth time! Now follow me!"

He muttered under his breath, "why I can't read her mind is beyond me."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Sophia looked very confused but followed anyway. Something in his words rang false, call it an instinct.

As they arrived the at the Crypt the Blur opened the door, "All right we need to move fast, I'm shielding the everyone's thoughts as best I can, but that won't count for much if Big Momma gets off her butt."

"Are you th-"

"Yes for the fourth time! Now follow me!"

He muttered under his breath, "why I can't read her mind is beyond me."
    ...Wait. The Doctor slithered closer to the Blur and whispered. You can't read her mind?

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #253

...Wait. The Doctor slithered closer to the Blur and whispered. You can't read her mind?
    The Blur nodded, "Yeah, I assumed you knew."
    Gwyn, The First Knight

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

The Blur nodded, "Yeah, I assumed you knew."
    The Doctor's eyes narrowed but he said nothing as he slinked back.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #255

The Void
    Aquaeris nodded. "An admirable sentiment. Should we then unite our energies to unite these magics under the Warp Moon?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 0 AP+5=5 AP. Moar AP!
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-07-21 at 09:18 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

16. - Top - End - #256

Free Port

The Blur grabbed a torch and descended into the catacombs. "Usually the trigger is in plain sight. Huh?" He did a double take "Does that skull look out of place to anyone else?"

A pure white skull rested atop a pile of broken and ancient bones. The Blur grabbed it and pulled. A slab of stone slid out from under his feet. The Blur backed away hastily barely keeping his feet. The stone slid into place revealing a staircase. An omnious sound, something like moaning echoed from beneath the party's feet.

"Um," he turned to Sophia, "Ladies first?"

"What? So I can forget why we're down there?"

"Riiight, Shadows first?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 4+6=10
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-22 at 07:24 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The High Roads

Yohalles smiled as he watched the Lloyas herd various animals. Herds were another part of nature. A part he was interested in watching. A part he was interested in having a bigger stake in. He takes a deep breath and expands his domain to include herd animals. He then leaps into the air, his small wings carrying him on the air currents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:1
    Rollover: +4 AP
    Gain Domain: Nature(Herd Animals) -3 AP
    vvv Actions taken to get the domain vvv
    Spoiler
    Show
    Create Fabled Life: The Hasen 4AP
    Create Concept: Animal shepherding -1AP
    Create Organization: The Lloyonas shepherd the Hasen 2AP

Ending AP: 2
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-07-22 at 09:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

18. - Top - End - #258

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    If you haven't read the OOC, I haven't posted in a while because I got a new computer and it didn't work right, so I had to take it back and wait for them to order a new one.
    Previous AP: 11+1 PAP
    After rollover, I am at 15 AP and 1 PAP, I'd better use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Mirage Refugee Camp
    They are Hasen, a fabled herd beast given to us by our god. We are Lloyonas, sheperds of the Hasen. Our people are the Lloyas, sheperds of the wanderers and guides of the migrations. Our god bid us come to the refugees. We offer you this. We will stay here for a week. During that week you will get the meat of two Hasen a day, the milk of twelve a day, and as much hair as you desire. After that we move to the next camp.

Spoiler
    Show
    So about 4-5k lbs of meat a day, a dozen or two barrels of milk a day and enough hair to clothe atleast a few thousand goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Mirage Refugee Camp

"In addition" Randon puts in as he steps up "Do you goblins hunt?" he asks. The answer is yes, as a few of the goblins gathered to receive their visitors nod their heads "Well, then I will lead a hunting party for food as well. Yohalles has asked me to teach the Lloyas the ways of the hunt, so they will come as well." "I can help too. I know a few tricks of druidism, and I can help teach you goblins how to raise small amounts of water from the ground in tough times. I was never the most skillful, but i'm happy to teach what I know. I will take any student who come to me."

The Ocean Rover

The spray of the ocean spray sparkles more brightly than would be expected in the early evening. The cloaked person hangs near Jib as they disembark. The person has been wearing the cloak a lot more loosely since the ship disembarks, revealing a soft-skinned face with bright orange eyes. "It's good to be going... away" the person says quietly in the higher-pitched, more pleasing voice.
    When Jib approaches captain Tark, and asks his question, the response is "you came late, so we are already crewed up for the day. My advice would be to get some sleep, and find yer sea legs cuz we'll be havin' need of ya on the morrow." Jib sees that the one called Tikip is going down to the cabins, and motions for Jib to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Free Port
    A bell tolled outside of the temple, and clicking footsteps echoed on the flagstones. A hoarse voice shouted, "Sanctuary!"

Michael
    "It's beautiful out here. This is like where I had my youth."

The Mirage Empire: Refugee camp

The Cretaum squad seem to agree, and the goblins are greatful. An older cretaum said, "Yes, thank you, these resources will help us to rejuvenate and to better found this empire." Another spoke, "sure, there will be a party of three cretaum with spears and five goblins with bows that wish to go hunting." A goblin spoke, "The Cretaum seem to have a knack for finding water, I would like to be able to match them to help my people, I will come with you."

Michael

"Where did you grow up? The desert is beautiful. The sand waves and moves to the wind and the moon. The loose piles form dunes and stand strong against the forces of time, just to be forced down by the cool night air and thrown into oblivion by the scorch of the sun and the unrelenting wind." They flew towards the tribe, they would be there by dawn.

Edit: The Ocean Rover
    Jib follows Tikip, per the motion, and thinks about where he is. "So what's your story, with that cloak, and that god-awful pokerface, you are nervous about something."
    Last edited by mattsdelf; 2012-07-22 at 11:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

The City of Galnkan

Kasak had power, but he had a warning also. Belsheroth had clearly said that he would never be able to turn from this path and that he would be a cleric always.
    As such, he went among the people of Galnkan and healed them of their illnesses and protected them from murderers. Soon, he had drawn the attention of the populace and they began to revere him, so he spread the teachings of Belsheroth.
    But the Goblins he spoke to drew back in horror and shunned him as a madman. The Belsherai in the city protected him from thrown stones and those Goblins who sought to drive him from the city, but they could not be everywhere and he was driven from the city by a wild mob and far into the desert.
    Alone and without water, he called out to the heavens.
    Is this what you wanted , oh Reaper? To gift me with power only to be driven from my home?
    Go South.
    Why? What lies to the South?
    Salvation.
    With no other real choice, Kasak began to walk across the desert, using his power to protect himself from the desert heat

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 4 + 6 (Rollover) + 1 PAP

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #260

Ocean Rover

Once under the deck, Tikip sits on a sleeping cot and bids Jib to take the one directly across from it. "Sorry about the deception" the soft voice says delicately. Tikip removes the cloak revealing a young female Elthien with blonde hair dusted with orange, and eyes that shine like fire. What was thought to be a hunchback turns out to be wings akin to that on a dragonfly. She stretches, flapping her wings freely, radiating glitter of all colors. "My name isn'y really Tikip either- it's Jewel. I'm a runaway too, only I didn't come from Monte Mora. I think my mom followed me and sent guards." When he says she had a bad poker face, she blushes and smiles in embarrassment "Was I really that bad?"

Refugee Camp

Randon turns back to the Lloyas for approval on the hunting idea. Assuming that they are still interested, he turns back to the creatum that spoke, and replies "You know your desert best, when is the best time to leave for such an expedition?"
    Ella smiles with content, and beckons the two of them find a place more secluded. "Remember, I was never the most capable druid, but I'll teach you what I know." She say on the way. "You should start by simply feeling your connection with the earth, feel the shifting sands on your ankles. Meditate for a bit before you precede."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Free Port

The Blur grabbed a torch and descended into the catacombs. "Usually the trigger is in plain sight. Huh?" He did a double take "Does that skull look out of place to anyone else?"

A pure white skull rested atop a pile of broken and ancient bones. The Blur grabbed it and pulled. A slab of stone slid out from under his feet. The Blur backed away hastily barely keeping his feet. The stone slid into place revealing a staircase. An omnious sound, something like moaning echoed from beneath the party's feet.

"Um," he turned to Sophia, "Ladies first?"

"What? So I can forget why we're down there?"

"Riiight, Shadows first?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 4+6=10
    I've been meaning to ask, d'ya have a name, Blur? The Doctor asked, keeping his eyes peeled as he slithered in. Last I got a chance to talk with a Blur you called yourself by an object's name and then a number or letter. Personal favorite was this one guy called Flower E. His eyes narrowed. Might wanna cover your noses down here - corpses and all. Any magic lights, perchance? I don't need 'em but it should be pretty dark for yall - second thought, just grab my tail. He extended it back, looping up into each of their hands. I can lead. Just don't squeeze. It feels icky.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-07-23 at 12:16 AM.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been meaning to ask, d'ya have a name, Blur? The Doctor asked, keeping his eyes peeled as he slithered in. Last I got a chance to talk with a Blur you called yourself by an object's name and then a number or letter. Personal favorite was this one guy called Flower E. His eyes narrowed. Might wanna cover your noses down here - corpses and all. Any magic lights, perchance? I don't need 'em but it should be pretty dark for yall - second thought, just grab my tail. He extended it back, looping up into each of their hands. I can lead. Just don't squeeze. It feels icky.
    Nureen raised her hand and conjured a faintly glowing orb into existence.
    Do be kind to Marren Doctor. He's obviously done something to violate Belsheroth's trust in him. You also wield god given power, you must know what may happen if you overstep your boundaries.
    She had spoken very softly so that Marren would not overhear. A task made much easier now that he no longer had the benefits of divine magic to supplement his failing hearing.

Dragons!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Nureen raised her hand and conjured a faintly glowing orb into existence.
    Do be kind to Marren Doctor. He's obviously done something to violate Belsheroth's trust in him. You also wield god given power, you must know what may happen if you overstep your boundaries.
    She had spoken very softly so that Marren would not overhear. A task made much easier now that he no longer had the benefits of divine magic to supplement his failing hearing.
    The Doctor blinked. Oh... Right. Sorry, forgot... And no, not really. My power doesn't work like clerical magic, and the gods only recently returned to reality. I have no idea what will happen if Isanloff becomes displeased with me. Perhaps I'll age 3000 years and turn to dust.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #264

Free Port

"My name is Ship 7. Just call me Ship."

Ship follows the Doctor down the winding staircase, eventually it opens to a hallway and as they proceed.

Ship laughs, "There are reasons Blur don't trust gods. Other mortals at least understand when you try to defend yourself."

He shrugs, "Sorry, read your mind."

"Stop!"

"What? I was jus-"

Sophia grabbed the Doctor by the tail, the Blur by the collar and pulled them both back as a section of the floor fell away. "I meant stop walking."

"Oh, thanks, I guess. Wait does anyone else hear moaning?"

And sure enough the crypt seems to come alive with moans, the sounds of shuffling feet are an especially unwelcome sound. Ship curses,

"Aimancy, we need to hurry."
    Last edited by Yeshon; 2012-07-23 at 03:35 PM.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Free Port

"My name is Ship 7. Just call me Ship."

Ship laughs, "There are reasons Blur don't trust gods. Other mortals at least understand when you try to defend yourself."

He shrugs, "Sorry, read your mind."

"Stop!"

"What? I was jus-"

Sophia grabbed the Doctor by the tail, the Blur by the collar and pulled them both back as a section of the floor fell away. "I meant stop walking."

"Oh, thanks, I guess. Wait does anyone else hear moaning?"

And sure enough the crypt seems to come alive with moans, the sounds of shuffling feet are an especially unwelcome sound. Ship curses,

"Aimancy, we need to hurry."
    Nureen swore silently.
    "Aimancy... I can't remember the last time I had to combat it. But if I remember correctly, it can be counteracted by the right spells."
    Or the use of divine magic...
    "But there's nothing I can do at the moment.
    "Come on Marren, we need to hurry."

"I'm not an invalid just yet. And Ship? Stay out of my head. My private theological problems are my own."

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #266

Nureen swore silently.
    "Aimancy... I can't remember the last time I had to combat it. But if I remember correctly, it can be counteracted by the right spells."
    Or the use of divine magic...
    "But there's nothing I can do at the moment.
    "Come on Marren, we need to hurry."

"I'm not an invalid just yet. And Ship? Stay out of my head. My private theological problems are my own."
    "Bigger problems right now man."

Sophia looked at the Doctor, "Quick! Tell me what's happening so I don't forget."

The sounds of shuffling feet greeted the merry band as the once dead began to move towards their position. The only avenues of escape are to the left, right and a gap before them that they could leap across.

They could always go back, but the Blur still surround the temple.
    Gwyn, The First Knight

27. - Top - End - #267

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Ocean Rover

Once under the deck, Tikip sits on a sleeping cot and bids Jib to take the one directly across from it. "Sorry about the deception" the soft voice says delicately. Tikip removes the cloak revealing a young female Elthien with blonde hair dusted with orange, and eyes that shine like fire. What was thought to be a hunchback turns out to be wings akin to that on a dragonfly. She stretches, flapping her wings freely, radiating glitter of all colors. "My name isn'y really Tikip either- it's Jewel. I'm a runaway too, only I didn't come from Monte Mora. I think my mom followed me and sent guards." When he says she had a bad poker face, she blushes and smiles in embarrassment "Was I really that bad?"

Refugee Camp

Randon turns back to the Lloyas for approval on the hunting idea. Assuming that they are still interested, he turns back to the creatum that spoke, and replies "You know your desert best, when is the best time to leave for such an expedition?"
    Ella smiles with content, and beckons the two of them find a place more secluded. "Remember, I was never the most capable druid, but I'll teach you what I know." She say on the way. "You should start by simply feeling your connection with the earth, feel the shifting sands on your ankles. Meditate for a bit before you precede."
    Ocean Rover

Jib moves over to his cot and puts his pack down toward the head of the cot. He seems to be shocked to see Jewel's wings, and replies, "It was bad, you where the most suspicious character on the docks." He forgot what she said before that for a moment, surprised at her reveal, and then began to speak again as if struck by inspiration. " Your mother sent guards?" He began to wonder who Jewel was, with wings and radiance, and yet a runaway from her mother, who is wealthy enough to have private guards. He asks, confused at her place on the ship, "What are you running away from?"

Refugee camp

A Cretaum elder spoke to Randon "The best time of day to hunt in the desert is at dusk. All the animals have been dying in the heat all day, so when the sun goes down, they leave their rest for water."

The goblin followed Ella and sat down in the sand. She cleared her mind and felt the sand on her feat. she said, "Okay, I'm meditating."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

"Bigger problems right now man."

Sophia looked at the Doctor, "Quick! Tell me what's happening so I don't forget."

The sounds of shuffling feet greeted the merry band as the once dead began to move towards their position. The only avenues of escape are to the left, right and a gap before them that they could leap across.

They could always go back, but the Blur still surround the temple.
    Aimancy! He shouted, morphing his arms into a pair of hammers. Zombies everywhere! Sophia should probably still remember they were being guided by a Blur, since the Doctor had already told her while Ship was out of sight.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #269

The Ocean Rover

"I thought I was running for the same reason as you, freedom." she says as she stretches her arms above her head. "Well, they were the city's guards really. My mother just didn't understand that I needed to do this. And I couldn't exactly be going around the city with my wings all out" She feels sad for a moment, thinking back to what her life had been before, but shakes it off and leans in closer to Jib asking "What about you? Surely you have more of a story than what you've told me."

Refugee Camp

Randon thinks about the logistics of the hunt for a moment. Back in the razorpine there were always things to hunt, and the best time of day varied based on what you were hunting. Usually, hunting was done in day for best effect. "Why don't we leave just a few hours before dusk then, so we can use our daylight to get off into the desert?" Randon suggested. He then turns to the Lloyas "Do you have anything to hunt with?" he asks. He proudly displays his bolos and spiked club, while turning to the Creatum as if to ask if they could equip his companions.
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2012-07-23 at 12:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Aimancy! He shouted, morphing his arms into a pair of hammers. Zombies everywhere! Sophia should probably still remember they were being guided by a Blur, since the Doctor had already told her while Ship was out of sight.
    Even as the Doctor shouted his words Sophia drew her sword turning to face the exit to the left, the place where the moaning was loudest. Ship stood behind Sophia and the Doctor, even as the moaning on their right became louder.

"Fair warning? Zombies aren't exactly vulnerable to my powers."

Suddenly a gaunt figure leaps out of the shadows, only to be cut in half by Sophia's glowing blade. A lighter black light leapt from the undead and dissipated into the air.

The figure's lips were gone, only gnarled hands and yellowed adorned the incredibly gaunt form.

"Um, that's not a zombie."

Sophia didn't need to remember the Blur's words to know what the being she just killed was. "Ghoul!"

The Scraping of claws met the party's ears. The once dead had picked up the pace and they would here any moment. Only the path forward was silent, without a single sign of an undead, only the path with a wide gap from the trap Ship nearly set off.

"The hell's a ghoul??"
    Gwyn, The First Knight