New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Shapechange.
    (Colossal Dragon)
    (Hugs Closak)
    Do you realise what you've just gotten yourself into?
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

2. - Top - End - #842
    Banned

Hmm i dunno, what has she gotten herself into?

*Casts Mind-Rape on Redcloak and makes him fall in love with the ABD, then casts Mind-Rape on the ABD and makes her fall in love with Redcloak*

*Watches*

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    ...I thought you had a policy of hitting on anything with scales?

*Casts Mind-Rape on Redcloak and makes him fall in love with the ABD, then casts Mind-Rape on the ABD and makes her fall in love with Redcloak*

*Watches*
    Sometimes I think you should try doing more proper fanfic writing.
    DeviantArt

4. - Top - End - #844
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Hey, guys! We have a new convert!
    Convert or pervert? Ah, it's all the same here.

That's Swedish, right?
    Finnish. My mother is from Finland, and that's about all I know. And the useful sentences "Panna kissa pöydälle" ("put the cat on the table" - meaning "let's put the cards on the table," "lets speak frankly") and "Äiti on kanna" ("Mother is a hen.") Oh, and "Minnä olen synnytys poltot. Taxi, taxi!". Shout that in Finland and you're sure to get a cab quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Your arms. Not a place for a young, innocent lady to be. Good thing it's Lix.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-04-02 at 05:16 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #845
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    ...I thought you had a policy of hitting on anything with scales?
    True that. *Drags Lix Lorn to the Shipping thread*

Hmm, so we will be getting another Smurf story soon eh?
    Nice

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

I was there before you, dragon-boy. (Smirk)

New Smurfness is always good. <3
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Can somebody explain to me how to make it so that a Banner links to a specific forum/thread? I made one for my webcomic and would like for people to just click on the banner and go straight to the comic.

apologies for de-rail.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2010-04-02 at 05:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    Can somebody explain to me how to make it so that a Banner links to a specific forum/thread? I made one for my webcomic and would like for people to just click on the banner and go straight to the comic.

apologies for de-rail.
    Like this:

[URL="THREAD URL"][IMG]IMAGE URL[/IMG][/URL]
    DeviantArt

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post

apologies for de-rail.
    Since it's actually related to the thread, it's more of a "rail..."

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Right, get the image code, which looks like this without the spaces

[ IMG]whatevertheimagelinkis[/IMG]

Then select it and click the hyperlink button (The world symbol with the chain link)

[ URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144143"][ IMG]whatevertheimagelinkis[/IMG]
    [/URL]

And type in the link you want.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

thank you muchly.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be able to live with himself for doing that though.
    It seems like Soon's able to live with a lot, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Is it something you've already mentioned or something new?

Either way, I can't wait.
    I've hinted at it's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Finnish. My mother is from Finland, and that's about all I know. And the useful sentences "Panna kissa pöydälle" ("put the cat on the table" - meaning "let's put the cards on the table," "lets speak frankly") and "Äiti on kanna" ("Mother is a hen.") Oh, and "Minnä olen synnytys poltot. Taxi, taxi!". Shout that in Finland and you're sure to get a cab quickly.
    ...How do you develop a phrase like 'put the cat on the table'...?

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

You're evil, you know that, right? XD

14. - Top - End - #854
    Colossus in the Playground

...How do you develop a phrase like 'put the cat on the table'...?
    I see your "Cat on the table" and raise you one "Dumped on the rooster".

Speaking of which, I had an odd dream about a nightmare boarding school last night. Want me to tell you; you might be able to put it in your story?

(See! It's on topic!)

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, it has been a while since we've seen some ABD flavoured crack pairings Closak - work that draconic mojo and jot something down for us.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Just came up with something: Belkar/Haerta

Any takers?
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

17. - Top - End - #857

hey guys, getting back into my normal swings. working on a crack pairings and some personal subjects, including a short horror story and trying to compose a song. so over the weekend we should see something from me
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

18. - Top - End - #858
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

wink Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

...Okay... For the record the right spellings are "Äiti on kana" (though I have no idea what you are trying to imply by that sentence, if it's an ideom, I am not familiar with it) and... uh... I suppose you mean to say "Minulla on synnytyspoltot. Taksi, taksi!" Though the chances of getting a taxi are still pretty low considering the small about of taxis driving around here, even in Helsinki.

But, back on topic(sorta):

Oh my...*glancing at her previous posts* I must have been really tired when writing that. Ah, anyway I did read some more of the stories (don't worry people, I did get a good-nightday sleep before) and this is what I thought (if my rambles bore you, which they surely do, skip the following):

First of all Water-Smurf, your writing skills amaze me over an over again, truly, I am jealous. About your stories then; I loved ItAoM, it was just wonderful! (the V/RC pairing intrigues me, because it's both hilarious and still somewhat believable, no! knowing my lively imagination, it's best not to think about it too much, or I'll risk getting ideas of my own) Icelus and CoP were also great, though it started to get a bit confusing with all the illusions. ToH was so cute, I liked it a lot! PM was well-written, but a bit too dark for my tastes so I quit reading quite soon. Bridge Across the Stars was my personal favourite! Hehee, is there anything more embarrassing than meeting your spouses parents? 'The Talk' was the best part, though, and even funnier because I knew what was coming. AitF then, it was...funny, yes for the most (I did laugh a lot). And Before the Storm? That was simply beautiful, all of it. Actually, I read that just a few hours ago and was really into the story (close to tears, to be quite frank) and then just before the end...my mom walks in and starts to make totally unimportant questions thus RUINING MY MOOD!!
    Oh well, I suppose that is what I get for reading this stuff here; it's Easter, so I'm visiting my parents.

But, Water-Smurf's stories wasn't the only ones I read,

Siverraptor's Spliced Kyrie story was definitely worth reading! I think you handled those fiends really well, they're very in-character in my opinion. And I've wanted to read that story since the day I first laid eyes upon Kaytara's avatar.

Asta Kask, those short stories you wrote on the first page of this thread were awesome!

Taekwondoo, that musical of yours is turning out really good, keep it up!

And Tira-chan, I liked your OotS/Star Trek fic a lot! I haven't watched ST enough to really know its story, but I do know who Spock is!

Oh, I almost forgot! I also read Lavieru's debut work! Awesome! That was so in-character!

(I feel I'm starting to repeat myself)

And that's all, I guess. For now, at least. You know what, I think I'm done digging the archive and I'll just start to follow the thread and see what you guys come up with.

And, as I have alresdy said in some another thread, please forgive my horrible grammar and shocking lack of synonyms. *bows* (yes, I'm taking a Japanese class this period, why do you ask)

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    ...Okay... For the record the right spellings are "Äiti on kana" (though I have no idea what you are trying to imply by that sentence, if it's an ideom, I am not familiar with it) and... uh... I suppose you mean to say "Minulla on synnytyspoltot. Taksi, taksi!" Though the chances of getting a taxi are still pretty low considering the small about of taxis driving around here, even in Helsinki.
    The first one is a family in-joke. And I've only heard them spoken, not seen them written down so I had to guess. Finnish is better than many other languages (since it was given its spelling relatively recently), but...

(the V/RC pairing intrigues me, because it's both hilarious and still somewhat believable, no! knowing my lively imagination, it's best not to think about it too much, or I'll risk getting ideas of my own)
    If I can write amusing stories I'm sure you can.
    *hoarse voice* "Join Us!!!"
    If you want help with grammar or synonyms, PM me and explain what you want to say in Swedish and I'll be happy to help you out.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-04-02 at 09:01 PM.

― Tim Fargo

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Two things:

1. jOin usSss

2. What's the going rate on 250-Proof(or higher) Brain Bleach? I'm using the roller to decide what fics to read next.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

21. - Top - End - #861

Griffon

@Lavieru: I enjoyed your fic. As others have said the English mistakes did not stop it from being understandable.

I actually wanted to do an April Fool's pairing myself but I was a little tired.

Anyway, here's part 4 of "Body and Soul":

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsukiko couldn’t help but feel rather useless when it came to fighting alongside Shinji. His level was so much higher than hers, that he tore through their encounters as if they were ineffective mooks. She was learning a lot though and they did enjoy the sessions that she spent healing him. She mainly ended up being used for that and utility spells but she did get to practice animating the dead a lot. In fact, Shinji didn’t merely encourage, but ordered her to do it. Once he had finished doing whatever it was that he did to the corpses that he had just slain. All she knew was that it involved his crown and whatever other floating clothing he was wearing that day. At first she was reluctant to order her skeleton into battle, but Shinji had convinced her that the undead need a guiding purpose to be happy which they would not have if they failed to protect their mistress and her boyfriend. Shinji, of course, had his own undead to control. She wished that she understood it better. She asked Shinji about it as she lay next to him on the bedroll in their tent. “I’m glad that you wish to know more about the undead.” he answered, “It is fitting of a cleric of Rat. We didn’t get round to the grand tour of my place when you first moved in as we were a little preoccupied, but one of the things I wished to show you was my book collection. It includes a lot on necromancy. I merely read them as a hobby. I’m better as a warrior than I would be as a caster, but your interest may be more professional.

They returned to the city the next morning and he showed her the books that he had referred to. She was fascinated. She had always been interested in the arcane even though she wanted to serve as Rat’s cleric. “Do you think that it would be against Rat’s wishes for me to study arcane magic?” she asked.
    Shinji thought for a moment, before saying, “ Rat expects us to look out for our own nterests. That which keeps us alive and happy is better for him in the long run. You want to help your boyfriend on his adventures. Some arcane magic could be useful. It would be somewhat inconvenient to have to recruit someone else.” Tsukiko considered how many female adventurers liked to dress before saying, “Alright, I’ll start studying these right away so that I can mutlticlass next time I level.”
    “Excellent,” said Shinji, “I’ll send you something to drink while you’re busy.”
    “Send?” thought Tsukiko. Before long, this choice of words was explained, when one of Shinji’s undead arrived and handed her a glass. She wasn’t sure how she felt about undead being used as butlers, but of course Shinji new much more than she did.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    jOin usSss

*Sits on a lone chair in the middle of an empty room lit by a single dangling light bulb. His arms restrained by a dark blue straight jacket, and a permanent grin locked on his face. He looks up at you, slowly rocking from side to side, chanting.*

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

*He continues chanting as you slowly leave the room, breaking out in a shill maniacal laughter as you close the door behind you*
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    *Sits on a lone chair in the middle of an empty room lit by a single dangling light bulb. His arms restrained by a dark blue straight jacket, and a permanent grin locked on his face. He looks up at you, slowly rocking from side to side, chanting.*

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us!

*He continues chanting as you slowly leave the room, breaking out in a shill maniacal laughter as you close the door behind you*
    "One of Us. One of us." He chants, while offering you a (sterilized) knife and a bowl of red liquid. You see the label on the basin:

"Our Crack-Shipping Blood is United"

"One of us?" He asks.

(Is this too much?)

Show

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

i was just going for the psycho-inmate we-are-all-insane-here thing, but this creepy ritual works too ^^

hey kids! lets start a cult!
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-04-03 at 03:30 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

confused Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

I have a lot of hypothetical conversations. You'll have to read and see if this is one of them.

I hope you enjoy. :D
    Well, I've finally finished your fics. I have to say I'm confused as to what's going on in everything that I'm forced to assume is after Curse of Phobetor(or at least what there is of it). Is there something else that for some reason wasn't added to the list in the OP of this thread, or did I miss something obvious?

Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems like Soon's able to live with a lot, for better or for worse.
    It's not like he has a choice...

Hmm, if they met Mijung and V wasnt pregnant (or wasn't obviously pregnant) and she still remembered him, would Mijung try to 'win' Soon back?

It's amazing how much that doesn't help.
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #867
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    So bad news fellas, while writing my squickie entry I stumbled upon an interesting web comic, and began reading. i have now been reading for about three hours, and it is about 1 AM. So yeah, ill see if i can churn out what’s left of the squickie at a later date ^^

In other news: I am now 100% certain that i only receive a limited amount of writing-fluid per day, if I write one story, then try to do more story-writing a day or sooner afterwards, I fail terribly. Therefore, i conclude that i must build up a "pool" of writing fluid before I can get any decent writing in, and all the writing i do slowly drains this pool until it can be refilled again. it sucks.

anyone else experience something similar to that?
    Me. All the time.
    Last edited by The Odor; 2010-04-03 at 06:00 AM.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

The first one is a family in-joke. And I've only heard them spoken, not seen them written down so I had to guess. Finnish is better than many other languages (since it was given its spelling relatively recently), but...
    Ah, now I understand.

If I can write amusing stories I'm sure you can.
    If you want help with grammar or synonyms, PM me and explain what you want to say in Swedish and I'll be happy to help you out.
    Waaah...don't tempt me! I don't have time for writing any crack!
    (oh who am I fooling, of course I have!)
    And besides, I really don't trust my English to be good enough for story-writing...
    Yeesh, look for grammar errors in my previous posts and you'll see what I mean!

On the other hand, when writing an actual text, I do take the time to consider if what I'm writing is correct or not (or does it just sound nice in my ears). There wasn't too much red marker in my English essays... Heck, sometimes there where none! I'll just need to get a grip of myself and read through what I've written for once or twice. Hmm... NO! Nonononono! I see where this is going! No, all these rambles are completely hypothetical!

But, (still cbeing purely hypothetical!), if I were to write something, I believe it would be V/RC, since, as I have mentioned before, I find the said pairing so...amusing. I could also write something of V/Inkyrius, though I know it's not technically a crack pairing...but I've had an idea for it for some time And then I could probably cook up something about Roy...

I know my pairings aren't exactly interesting

(And a piece of useless random knowledge, halfway off topic: Did you know that in Finnish we have only one 3rd person pronoun(is that what you call it?) "hän". It refers to both male and female characters equally (and makes talking about a certain androgynous elf a lot easier) It's also rather useful when it comes to legal documents and such.)

GAH! This stupid excuse of a computer deleted my post! I had to rewrite it all!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

I could also write something of V/Inkyrius, though I know it's not technically a crack pairing...but I've had an idea for it for some time
    For the purposes of this thread, V/Inky counts as a crack pairing.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

...Have we *ever* had V/Inky? XD
    ...ohman we need an Initiation roleplay topic on the forum.