New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Homebrew / stat help: Help me stat the Skitarii from Warhammer 40K, more to come.

Hello everyone! So I don't post in the forums very often but always find it helpful when researching homebrew stuff. Hopefully I can get the help I need here. I just began today on DMing for two small groups over here in S. Korea. I've also been playing Warhammer 40K and just love the Adeptus Mechanicus. Turns out they make TERRIFYING baddies in the world I've crafted and happened to be the first enemies the PCs encountered. Now I need to start jamming out stats and, quite frankly, I need help refining and correcting. Can I get some help putting this stuff together and stat it right?

Spoiler: My current plans are:
    Show

(Now) Ranger: Ranger (Skirmisher) X, Gunslinger (Techslinger) X
    Ranger Troop
    Ranger Alpha 2-3 lvls higher
    Vanguard Fighter x, Gunslinger x
    Vanguard Alpha 2-3 lvls higher
    Vanguard Troop
    Techpriest Enginseer: Fighter 4, Alchemist 2+pathfinder power armor (yes I found a set that fits)

(Later) Servitors: Augmented (humanoid) Commoner 1;

Cybernetica Datasmith: Rogue X, Wizard X, Technomancer X;
    Sicarian Infiltrator: Ranger X, Rogue X, Assassin X;
    Sicarian Ruststalker: Fighter X Rogue X, Assassin X;
    Inquisitor: Inquisitor x or Investigator X, Sleepless Detective X, Purity Legion Enforcer X;
    Corpuscarii Electro-Priests: Cleric X;
    Fulgurite Electro-Priests: Paladin X;
    Techpriest Dominus: Alchemist X, Cleric X or Warpriest X;
    Belesarius Cawl: Alchemist X, Wizard X, Technomancer X;
    The Omnissiah (Brigh): Corrupted divine entity

Vehicles and robots will have to be re-skinned from constructs later but I'm open to suggested stats for the Dunecrawler right now.

POSTED HERE is what I've been able to put together for the Skitarii Ranger. There are some portions that I know will be incorrect like skills but that's why I'm reaching out. I am open to all criticism and suggestions.

Spoiler: Skitarii Ranger
    Show

Its going to be obvious that some of this is copy paste. Please ignore that since it will be formatted and corrected later.

SKITARII RANGER CR 6
    XP 2,400
    Augmented Ranger (Skirmisher) 5, Gunslinger (Techslinger) 1
    LE Medium Augmented humanoid
    Init +1; Senses Perception +2

DEFENSE
    Acid, cold, fire, sonic resistance 5
    AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 armor, +1 nat armor, +2 Dex)
    hp 40 (6d10-12) DR 6 (bypassed by adamantine)
    Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +1
    **+4 competence bonus on saving throws against disease and poison. In addition, when the user attempts such a saving throw, she rolls twice and takes the higher result.
    **+5 bonus to CMD against trip attempts and a +5 circumstance bonus on Acrobatics checks.
    **Can lift and carry double the normal maximum weight for that creature’s Strength and size, and it gains a +5 circumstance bonus on Climb checks. A character who wields a one-handed or light weapon with a cybernetic arm gains a +5 bonus to CMD against disarm attempts; two cybernetic arms do not increase this bonus, but do allow the bonus to apply to two-handed weapons.

Offense
    Speed 30 ft.(+10 ft cybernetic legs)
    Melee Slam +7/+2 (1d6+1 X2)
    Melee TaserGoad +7/+2 (1d8 electric + 1d6 Bludgeoning/nonlethal +1 X2)
    Ranged Galvanic Rifle +6/+1+7/+2w/in 30 ft (3d6 +1 w/in 30 ft X4) 80 ft range
    Ranged Transuranic Arquebus +6/+1 +7/+2w/in 30 ft (3D10 X4 +1 w/in 30 ft) 200 ft range. Shots fired from a rail gun bypass an object’s first 10 points of hardness, and can completely penetrate targets without hardness.When making an attack with a rail gun, make a single attack roll and compare that result to the ACs of all creatures in a line extending out to the weapon’s maximum range. This weapon damages all targets with an AC equal to or lower than the attack roll. However, if the attack’s damage fails to penetrate any target’s hardness or damage reduction, this shot is blocked and cannot damage targets that are farther away.
    Ranged Frag Grenade +6/+1 +7/+2w/in 30 ft, 15 ft radius)15 Ref Save ½ dmg
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft. (10 ft. with Tasergoad)

Statistics
    Str 12, Dex 14, Con 7, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Base Atk: +6/+1; CMB +17; CMD 18
    Feats: Track, Endurance, Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons, Firearms, Light Armor, Medium Armor, Point Blank Shot, Technologist, Long Shot
    SQ: Favored Enemy (______) + (______), Combat style: Firearms, Hunter’s Bond, Favored Terrain (______), Deeds, Gunsmith, Grit X3, Skirmisher Tricks X5, Electricity Vulnerability (Ex), Of Two Worlds (Ex), Augmentation Psychosis (Ex), Repairs (Ex)
    Skills Craft (weapons) +3, Profession (soldier) +4, Survival +1
    Languages Common, Bineric and Bineric Hymnal

Combat Gear:
    Galvanic Rifle
    Transuranic Arquebus (optional)
    Frag Grenade
    Other Gear:
    Skitarii Ranger's cloak (armored coat)
    Biofilter
    Battery X5 (10 charges per battery
    Filter Mask: While the mask has power, the wearer is completely immune to inhaled toxins or diseases. Even when the mask has no power, it grants the wearer a +3 resistance bonus on all saving throws made to resist airborne toxins and diseases
    Comm Set
    Cybernetic Eye
    Spiderbot Companion
    Implants:
    Cybernetic Arms X2
    Cybernetic Legs X2
    Wirejack Tendons Mk I
    Dermal Plating Mk I
    Cyberfiber Muscles Mk I

Limb Defense (Ex)
    Against damage directed specifically at a limbjack’s replaced limb (for example, attempts to sunder a limb, or attacks from foes that deal damage to the limbjack touching or attacking it), the limbjack gains DR 20/adamantine, and resist acid, cold, and fire 30.

Metal Body (Ex)
    Though only some of a limbjack is replaced with metal, it’s enough to make it vulnerable to effects that target metals. It counts as a ferrous creature for the purposes of rusting grasp and other spells that have special effects on metal.

Electricity Vulnerability (Ex)
    Electricity damage stuns an augmented creature for 1d4 rounds and bypasses its regeneration but not its spell resistance. A Fortitude save vs. a DC equal to half the damage taken negates the stunning effect.

Tireless (Ex)
    The limbjack does not have a limit to how long it can run, nor does it risk fatigue or exhaustion from forced marching.
    Of Two Worlds (Ex)

An augmented creature counts as both a creature of its type and a construct against effects specific to type. Any healing effects or repairs to an augmented only heal half damage, as they each only apply to the flesh or machine part of the creature. Spells only affecting objects can affect an augmented as well. Damaging magical effects must still overcome an augmented’s spell resistance.

Augmentation Psychosis (Ex)

An augmented creature that has a Wisdom score of 2 or less (including no score), is overcome with rage and gains the ferocity universal monster ability. This rage is identical to the barbarian’s rage ability, but it is permanent. When in a state of rage, effects that remove rage or calm rage make the augmented creature staggered for one round. Effects that raise the augmented creature’s Wisdom above 2 cure the rage and ferocity.
    If an augmented creature’s Wisdom score ever reaches 0, it becomes insane. The insanity, but not the rage, can be cured with appropriate healing magic.

Repairs (Ex)
    An augmented creature can be healed by making an appropriate Craft check against a DC of 15 and paying a cost for materials of 10 gp per hit point to be healed. The repairs can heal no more than half of the creature’s total damage taken, and repairing the creature requires a full day.

Spoiler: Robot, Arachnid (companion)
    Show

This dog-sized, spider-like robot has a plasma torch mounted on a stinger-like limb and gripping claws on its forelegs.

Arachnid Robot CR 1
    XP 200
    N Small construct (robot)
    Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +5

DEFENSE
    AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural, +1 size, )
    hp 20 (3d10)
    Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +1
    Immune construct traits; Resist fire 5,
    Weaknesses fragile, vulnerable to critical hits, vulnerable to electricity

OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
    Melee 2 claws +4 (1d3+0)
    Special Attacks explode, plasma torch

STATISTICS
    Str 9, Dex 13, Con —, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 1
    Base Atk +2; CMB –1; CMD 10 (18 vs. trip)
    Feats Weapon Finesse, Stealthy
    Skills Climb +7, Disable Device +10, Perception +5, Stealth +12; Racial Modifiers +5 Disable Device, +5 Stealth, +3 Survival
    Languages Common, +1 additional

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Tricks:
    Sneak (DC 15): The animal can be ordered to make Stealth checks in order to stay hidden and to continue using Stealth even when circumstances or its natural instincts would normally cause it to abandon secrecy.
    Seek (DC 15): The animal moves into an area and looks around for anything that is obviously alive or animate.

Link (Ex): A Ranger can handle their animal companion as a free action, or push it as a move action, even if she doesn’t have any ranks in the Handle Animal skill. The ranger gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all wild empathy checks and Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.

Share Spells (Ex): The Ranger may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A ranger may cast spells on her animal companion even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion’s type (animal). Spells cast in this way must come from a class that grants an animal companion. This ability does not allow the animal to share abilities that are not spells, even if they function like spells.

Evasion (Ex): If an animal companion is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Explode (Ex): If an arachnid robot is destroyed or takes damage while below half its maximum hit points, it must attempt a Fortitude saving throw with a DC equal to the amount of damage taken. If it fails, the robot explodes, dealing 2d4 points of plasma damage to all targets in a 10-foot-radius burst (Reflex DC 10 half). Half the damage dealt by plasma is fire damage, and half is electricity damage. This destroys the robot if it was still animate. The save DC is Dexterity-based.

Fragile (Ex): When badly damaged, arachnid robots function poorly. An arachnid robot reduced to fewer than half its maximum hit points is staggered and moves at half speed. Further damage may cause the robot to explode.

Plasma Torch (Ex): An arachnid robot can use its arm-mounted plasma torch in two ways. First, it can use the torch to make a ranged touch attack against a target within 15 feet, dealing 1d6 points of plasma damage on a successful hit. Alternatively, the robot can emit a 15-foot cone from its torch, dealing 1d4 points of plasma damage to all targets in the area of effect (Reflex DC 10 half). The robot’s plasma torch requires 1 full round to recharge between uses. Half the damage dealt by plasma is fire damage, and half is electricity damage.

Ubiquitous pets of technologists, arachnid robots also serve as sentinels and spies. Arachnid robots come equipped with a plasma welding torch that resembles a scorpion’s tail stinger and doubles as a weapon. Under stress, an arachnid robot’s plasma core can overload, destroying the robot in a fiery blast. This tendency inspired the practice of using the robots as suicide drones. An arachnid robot is intelligent enough to have a sense of self-preservation, however, and one can be made to undertake such a mission only through trickery.

Despite their scorpion-like appearance, arachnid robots’ ability to use their claws as an additional pair of legs when climbing or moving quickly has earned the robots the name “spiderbots”.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Homebrew / stat help: Help me stat the Skitarii from Warhammer 40K, more to come.

I would point out that each individual skitarius is probably not actually that strong - to give you some ideas, d20 40k (which is based on the d20 modern system and therefore uses similar CRs to pathfinder) puts:

- Arbites at CR 2
    - Marine scouts at CR 5
    - Tactical marines at CR 11 (bear in mind they're stronger in the fluff than they are in the 40K wargame)
    - Techpriest Enginseers at CR 6
    - A Necromundan ganger at CR 1
    - A guardsman at CR 2
    - An inquisitor at CR 10
    - All assassins at CR 19

Skitarii aren't really much scarier than guardsmen, and certainly no scarier than arbites. Another thing to look at is D&D - calibrating your expectations. If your character is higher than 5th level, they're generally pushing out of the standard human competence level in multiple areas. That means that a CR 6 skitarius isn't just a bit better than a trained human (which a CR 3 skitarius, or a skitarius in actual 40k, might be): they're actually verging on superhuman, and actually able to go toe-to-toe with an inexperienced superhuman (namely a scout) expecting to come out on top.

Anyone with multiple levels in a prestige class should be the kind of person who can take on a whole scout squad and must be forcibly kept awake when a guardsman appears. It also implies, incidentally, that a few squads of the things (32 CR 6 skitarii are about encounter level 16, though EL breaks down slightly at that point) will be able to provide a meaningful challenge for the kind of person who literally gets sent on a mission to murder a demigod (a single CR 19 creature should consider an EL 16 encounter more challenging than a standard one).

So I guess it's not necessarily surprising that your players are terrified of them if you're expecting them to be as powerful as skitarii are and they're actually coming out stronger than space marine scouts.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Homebrew / stat help: Help me stat the Skitarii from Warhammer 40K, more to come.

Do not forget trench fighter gets dex to damage two levels earlier than gunslinger which means that you can replace a 5 level dip in gunslinger for dex to damage by a three level dip in trench fighter.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Terrified for a good reason. My homebrew world and DM style require them to understand that they will lose. A lot. And the world will simply not care about them either way.

I would point out that each individual skitarius is probably not actually that strong - to give you some ideas, d20 40k (which is based on the d20 modern system and therefore uses similar CRs to pathfinder) puts:
    I've been looking for material that was already statted. Can you link me toward your material? I'd MUCH rather use stuff that's already been looked over and reviewed then do all of this from scratch.

Do not forget trench fighter gets dex to damage two levels earlier than gunslinger which means that you can replace a 5 level dip in gunslinger for dex to damage by a three level dip in trench fighter.
    I considered that. I think that will be for the Vanguard as they are the ones that concentrate on getting into the trenches the most. Rangers, as the name implies for me, are the ones hunting their targets in the wilderness and getting info back to the Tech Priest Dominus for dissemination.

I love this! I'm open to all suggestions.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeeb View Post
    I've been looking for material that was already statted. Can you link me toward your material? I'd MUCH rather use stuff that's already been looked over and reviewed then do all of this from scratch.
    So, the d20 40k rules are over here, with the statblocks in the PDF, but they don't use standard Pathfinder rules or even standard d20 Modern rules (though they're nearer the latter). So for example, the vindicare statblock has some stats you'll recognise and some you won't:

"Vindicare Assassin (Fast Ord. 10)
    CR 19; Medium Sized human; HD 10d8+50; hp 95; Mas 20; Init +13; Spd 30ft; Defense 41, touch 31,
    flat-footed 28 (+9 dex, +8 class, +4 dodge, +10 stealth suit); BAB +7/+2; Grap +12; Atk +19 ranged
    (1d12, 19-20/x4 [drp 1d6] exitus pistol) or +12 melee (1d8+5, 18-20/x3 [drp 5] powerblade); Full Atk +19
    ranged (3d12, 19-20/x4 [drp 1d6] exitus rifle); Reach 5ft; AL: Officio Assasinorum; Fort +10, Ref +14,
    Will +8; Ld +3; Str 20, Dex 28, Con 20, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 16.
    Background:Cardinal World (class skills: Bluff and Sense Motive)
    Skills: Balance +22, Bluff +10, Drive +15, Escape Artist +22, Hide +22, Move Silently +22, Sense
    Motive +10, Tumble +15.
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Iron Will, Personal Firearms, Longarms, Quick Draw.
    Posessions: Powerblade, exitus pistol (10 rounds of each type), exitus rifle (10 rounds of each type), scope
    and rangefinder (x2 range), stealth suit and spymask, comm sensor, wide-spectrum scanner."

...and it would take a while to re-stat that into Pathfinder. In the second instance, they should probably have PC levels rather than NPC levels, but the main point is that the stats aren't an easy transfer.

Oh, and there aren't skitarii stats, because the d20 40k game was made before skitarii existed, at least as a playable faction. So there's that.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oh, and there aren't skitarii stats, because the d20 40k game was made before skitarii existed, at least as a playable faction. So there's that.
    Well then I'm back to square one.

I don't have an issue with pathfinder just being more overpowered in pathfinder assuming all the little bits and pieces are included, as long as they are done correctly.

For session one we already had one PC's leg get blown off at the knee. They understand this is going to be a force that will probably kill them quite easily. They really like that because its provided them a way to actually NEED to sneak around and do things they haven't done before.

That being the case, would the stats for the ranger feel accurate to you coming from a DM standpoint, or would you change things around? Should they be around CR 2-3 instead? Is anything I've done for the build just blatantly out of place or missing something?

You guys have already given me more help today then I've had all week with this project XD.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

The question, ultimately, is one of whether you want skitarii, or you want something that vaguely resembles a skitarius but is closer in actual power to a tabletop marine, if not a fluff marine. In the former case, you really ought to have a skitarius be no more than a CR 2 character, whether they're a vanguard or a ranger (alphas might push into 3). Sicarians can be maybe more like CR 5, whether infiltrators or ruststalkers. Fulgurites and Corpuscarii both seem like a great excuse for third-level monks. Domini are maybe the highest out of any standard mechanicum, maybe making it into the lofty ranks of CR 10, and Cawl might be CR 13 or 14.

Techpriest Enginseers and servitors do have rules, due to being available before d20 40k was released:

Spoiler
    Show
    Techpriest enginseers are:

(Intelligent Hero 3/Techie 3)
    CR 6; Medium Sized human; HD 3d6+6 and 3d6+6; hp 33; Mas 14; Init +1; Spd 30ft; Defense 14, touch
    14, flat-footed 13 (+1 dex, +3 class); BAB +2; Grap +1; Atk +3 ranged (2d6 [drp 1] laspistol); Full Atk
    +3 ranged (2d6 [drp 1] laspistol); Reach 5ft; AL: Priesthood of Mars, Adeptus Mechanicus; Fort +4, Ref
    +3, Will +7; Ld +0; Str 8, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 10.
    Background: Forge World (class skills: Craft (mechanical) and Craft (electronic))
    Skills: Computer Use +12, Craft (electronic and mechanical) +15, Craft (chemical and structural) +12,
    Demolitions +12, Disable Device +12, Forgery +12, Knowledge (technology) +12, Repair +14, Research
    +14, Search +12.
    Feats: Pistol Weapons Proficiency, Builder, Light Armour Proficiency, Gear Head, Studious, Iron Will.
    Talents: Savant (Computer Use), Savant (Knowledge technologu), Jury Rig, Extreme Machine (without
    Action Points this skill saps 1d3 temporary points of Constitution.)
    Posessions: Mesh Armour, Laspistol, various professional gear.

And servitors are:

CR 1; Medium-Sized Construct; HD 1d10+13; hp 18; Mas – ; Init: +1; Spd 30ft; Defense 11, Touch 11,
    Flat-footed 10 (+1 dex); BAB: +0; Grap -1; Atk +1 ranged (1d4+1 electrical [drp 2] taser – see d20
    Modern rulebook for more rules). Reach 5 ft; SQ: construct, psychic immunity, damage reduction 2/+1;
    AL: owner; SV Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3; Ld +0; Str 8, Dex 13, Con – , Int – , Wis 14, Cha 1.
    • Skills: Any 3 (according to programmes installed) +10.
    • Feats: Toughness.
    • Species Traits: Construct (Ex): Servitors have Construct traits (see page 218 d20 Modern rules). Psychic
    Immunity (Ex): A servitor is immune to all psychic powers, psychic abilities and supernatural effects
    except as follows. Attacks that deal fire or cold damage slow it for for 2d6 rounds. A slowed servitor can
    take only one move or attack action each round. Additionally he takes a -2 penalty on defense, melee
    attack rolls, melee damage rolls and Reflex saves. Any amount of electricity psychic damage (like lightning
    bolt) repairs it for 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage it would deal otherwise.

For example, if I want a Corpuscarius, I grab a level 3 monk NPC, like the monk of untwisting iron, and then make up some additional stuff to get him to CR 3 while also having the stuff that corpuscarii have. For example, I'll give him some gauntlets which increase his unarmed damage by a size and let him make shooting attacks, add on deflection to AC, and give them the equivalent of fanatical devotion, and we get:

Corpuscarius Electro-Priest CR 3, XP 800
    Human monk 3
    LN Medium humanoid (human)
    Init +1; Senses Perception +7

DEFENSE

AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+1 Dex, +1 Wis, +2 Deflect)
    hp 28 (3d8+15)
    Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantment
    Defensive Abilities evasion, fanatical devotion

OFFENSE

Speed 40 ft.
    Melee electrostatic gauntlets +5 (1d8+2) or flurry of blows +4/+4 (1d8+2)
    Ranged electrostatic gauntlets +4 (1d8+2) or flurry of blows +3/+3 (1d8+2)
    Special Attacks flurry of blows, Stunning Fist (3/day, DC 12)

STATISTICS

Str 14, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 16
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike, Scorpion Style, Stand Still, Step Up, Stunning Fist, Toughness
    Skills Acrobatics +7, Climb +8, Craft (Poetry) +6, Knowledge (history) +6, Perception +7
    Languages Low Gothic, High Gothic
    SQ fast movement, maneuver training
    Gear electrostatic gauntlets, voltagheist field

Electrostatic Gauntlets
    These masterwork weapons are treated as a type of unarmed strike. The wielder's unarmed strike damage increases as though the unarmed strike were one size category larger, and the wielder can make ranged attacks with the gauntlets as though they were thrown weapons with a range increment of 10 feet except that the gauntlets need not actually be thrown. They are built into the corpuscarius' body.

Voltagheist Field
    This forcefield is built into the electro-priest's body. It provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and when the electro-priest charges, the creature charged must take a reflex save (DC 14) or take 1d6 points of electricity damage, even if none of the electro-priest's attacks actually hits. The save DC is constitution-based.

Fanatical Devotion
    Electro-priests have the ability to survive damage which most creatures would not. Any damage the electro-priest takes is reduced to two thirds of the normal damage.

You may have noticed the last two abilities say "Electro-priest" because the fulgurite has the exact same two abilities. All you need to do for that is to give it a special quarterstaff with neat critical effects, and then the siphoned vigour which should be intuitive enough: double the deflection bonus when it drops an enemy.

If you want "Crazy powerful not!skitarii who could totally wreck marines" then we just grab a different monk, change the bonuses it gets from gear into innate bonuses, and then graft the same kinds of abilities onto it:

Corpuscarius Electro-Priest CR 7, XP 3,200
    Human Monk 7
    LN Medium humanoid (human)
    Init +5; Senses Perception +11

DEFENSE

AC 18, touch 18, flat-footed 16 (+2 deflect, +1 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 monk, +3 Wis)
    hp 45 (7d8+10)
    Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +9; +2 vs. enchantments
    Defensive Abilities evasion; Immune disease; fanatical devotion

OFFENSE

Speed 50 ft.
    Melee electro-gauntlet +10 (3d6+4) or flurry of blows +10/+10/+5 (3d6+4)
    Ranged electro-gauntlet +7 (3d6+4) or flurry of blows +7/+7/+2 (3d6+4)
    Special Attacks flurry of blows, stunning fist (7/day, DC 16)

STATISTICS

Str 18, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
    Base Atk +5; CMB +11; CMD 25
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack, Scorpion Style, Step Up, Stunning Fist, Weapon Focus (unarmed strike)
    Skills Acrobatics +10 (+25 when jumping), Climb +9, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (history) +5, Knowledge (local) +3, Knowledge (religion) +6, Perception +11, Perform (percussion) +6, Sense Motive +13, Swim +10
    Languages Common
    SQ fast movement, high jump, ki pool (6 points, magic), maneuver training, purity of body, slow fall 30 ft., wholeness of body
    Combat Gear electro-gauntlet, voltagheist field

Electrostatic Gauntlets
    These masterwork weapons are treated as a type of unarmed strike. The wielder's unarmed strike damage increases as though the unarmed strike were two size categories larger, and the wielder can make ranged attacks with the gauntlets as though they were thrown weapons with a range increment of 10 feet except that the gauntlets need not actually be thrown. They are built into the corpuscarius' body.

Voltagheist Field
    This forcefield is built into the electro-priest's body. It provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and when the electro-priest charges, the creature charged must take a reflex save (DC 14) or take 3d6 points of electricity damage, even if none of the electro-priest's attacks actually hits. The save DC is constitution-based.

Fanatical Devotion
    Electro-priests have the ability to survive damage which most creatures would not. Any damage the electro-priest takes is reduced to two thirds of the normal damage.

...and again you can do similar with the Fulgurite.

Of course, there's no real limit to how much you can power up the same basic concepts, so the only real question is one of what power level you want them to be - do you want them to actually be proper skitarii who are only dangerous to mid-level PCs if they show up en masse (as skitarii actually do) or do you want to keep the concepts but not actually adhere to the frankly unheroic atmosphere that characterises most of the 40K setting?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

- do you want them to actually be proper skitarii who are only dangerous to mid-level PCs if they show up en masse (as skitarii actually do) or do you want to keep the concepts but not actually adhere to the frankly unheroic atmosphere that characterises most of the 40K setting?
    For the world I've created the Mechanicum is using reverse engineered ancient tech. They are quite possibly the most powerful faction on the planet. The Rangers and Vanguard need to stay a consistent challenge until the PC's get comfortable within their 5+ level range. Life in this world means little so there will be plenty of that attitude reflected in war atrocities committed by multiple factions.

When the PC's feel brave enough to take on a set of Skitarii, its automatically time to introduce a more powerful foe to keep their bravery in check. These need to be enemies that the PC's automatically think running from ain't such a bad idea, even if there are no other heroes to take up the mission. If I can inspire a little cowardice in their characters then I've done my job right.

I believe i have three problems.

1. Level inflation. As a casual DM its hard to gauge what is TOO much. I believe I can scale the Skitarii troops back to lvl 4 and still see them be effective to my needs. Getting the feedback is important since I have no one else over here in S. Korea that can really do it. Advancing them to keep them scary would be putting in higher level cybernetics gear and maybe an extra level in ranger or fighter.

2. The Skitarii aren't "human". The entire race focuses on technological and cybernetic enhancement. That makes it a tad difficult because there are several templates out there that allow for me to mimic this, most notably are the "augmented creature" and "limbjack" (which i cannot post links to atm)

3. Stats generation. The pathfinder monster creation rules make my head hurt. My normal fallback is grabbing a character sheet and statting everything as it they were PC's. That won't always keep things in line with a proper stat block.

On a seperate note, am I crazy for thinking that gunslinger isn't actually helping them out for statting? Seems Rangers would be more effective simply as pure rangers, while the Vanguard might have more use of it...but even then I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Hazeeb; 2017-12-02 at 01:36 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Well, in order to tackle your problems:

1) At 5th level, a couple of CR 4 skitarii will still be challenging. At 8th level, 4 skitarii will still be a pain and a CR 11 Dominus will be a dangerous boss monster. There's no reason why Kastellans wouldn't be around CR 13 by this slightly-higher-than-realistic scale, either.

2nd) There's nothing stopping you from making a skitarius race and just replacing the human abilities with the skitarius ones. For example, you could have them be half-constructs, who are generally medium (make a separate sicarian race), +2 to any ability like a human has, with the xenophobic language array (Low Gothic as their standard language, with Common, High Gothic, Tau or Eldar as the optional langauges - though they're unlikely to speak either of the xeno languages) and the craftsman (+2 to craft checks related to metal or stone) and master tinker (+1 DD and K (Eng), proficient with anything they created personally) traits.

This gives you:
    Skitarius
    Type and Subtype: Humanoid (Half-construct, human). Skitarii get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue. They cannot be raised or resurrected, and they need not breathe, eat or sleep but can if they wish.
    Size: Medium. A skitarius gets no bonuses or penalties due to its size.
    Ability Scores: +2 to any one.
    Languages: Low Gothic. A skitarius with a high intelligence score can pick Common, High Gothic, Tau or Eldar as a bonus language.
    Craftsman: Skitarii get a +2 bonus on craft checks related to metal or stone.
    Master Tinker: Skitarii get a +1 bonus on disable device and knowledge (engineering) checks. They are proficient with any weapon they created personally.
    Race Points: 10

Sicarian
    Type and Subtype: Humanoid (Half-construct, human). Sicarians get a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and effects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue. They cannot be raised or resurrected, and they need not breathe, eat or sleep but can if they wish.
    Size: Large. Sicarians gain a +2 size bonus to Strength and a –2 size penalty to Dexterity. Sicarians take a –1 size penalty to their AC, a –1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +1 bonus on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a –4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A Large creature takes up a space that is 10 feet by 10 feet and has a reach of 5 feet.
    Ability Scores: +2 to any one.
    Languages: Low Gothic. A sicarian with a high intelligence score can pick Common, High Gothic, Tau or Eldar as a bonus language.
    Race Points: 14

3) I generally just wing it when creating monsters. That said, for humanoids (the body shape, not the type) like the skitarii, you can usually just give them class levels and be done with it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Excellent reply. I had no idea about the RP system and will look into it. The work you did is very promising. I think I'll pursue that path and then cherry pick the best traits and drawbacks to go with them. I'm doing some more research and the Warhammer wiki on Skitarii has some reaaaally juicy stuff. Even pictures of units and weapons!

I'll post again once I'm not exausted with the race/faction fluff I want to translate in crunch.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

You know what? I'm bored and I don't have anything better to do.

Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl, Prime Conduit of the Omnissiah CR 13, XP 25,600
    Augmented Tech-Priest Construct 3 Techpriest* 10
    LN Huge Humanoid Construct (Human, Giant, Living Construct) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +8, Senses Blindsight 30 feet, darkvision infinite, low-light vision, Perception +19
    DEFENCE
    AC 33, touch 19, flat-footed 29 (+14 armour, -2 size, +4 dex, +2 deflect, +5 techpriest)
    HP 3d10+10d6+65 (116 HP)
    Fort +9 Ref +12 Will +9
    Defensive Abilities: Living Construct Traits (Immune: poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, energy drain), Artificer Self-Repair Mechanisms
    OFFENCE
    Speed: 40 feet
    Melee: Arc Scourge +13/+8 (3d6+6 18-20) and Mechadendrite Hive see text (1d6) or Omnissian Axe +13/+8 (4d6+6 *3) and Mechadendrite Hive see text (1d6)
    Ranged: Solar Atomiser +13/+8 (6d6 *4)
    Special Attacks: Canticles of the Omnissiah, Master of Machines
    STATISTICS
    Str 18 Dex 18 Con 20 Int 30 Wis 16 Cha 16
    Base Atk 10; CMB +35; CMD 48
    Feats Armour Proficiency (Light)(B), Armour Proficiency (Medium)(B), Armour Proficiency (Heavy), Armour Proficiency (Powered)(B)*, Charge of the Righteous, Hammer the Gap, Heroic Surge*, Improved Initiative, Oathbound*, Power Attack, Salvage(B)*
    Skills Acrobatics +15, Craft (Armoursmithing) +23, Craft (Mechanical) +26, Craft (Weaponsmithing) +23, Disable Device +26, Diplomacy +14, Heal +16 (+20 related to cybernetics), Knowledge (Engineering) +26 (+31 identify unfamiliar technology), Knowledge (Geography) +26, Knowledge (History) +23, Knowledge (Local) +26, Knowledge (Religion) +23, Perception +19, Profession (Driver) +19, Profession (Pilot) +19, Use Magic Device +19
    Languages Low Gothic, High Gothic, Lingua Technis, Infernal, Necron, Eldar, Common
    SQ: Robomancer, Cybermancer, Skilled Salvager, Robo-expert, Exotic Weapon Adept, Expeditious Scavenger, Necron Archeotech, Lord of Mars

*Class and feats from D20 40K modified for use in Pathfinder

Artificer Self-Repair Mechanisms
    Belisarius Cawl regains 1d3*15 hit points at the start of each round.

Arc Scourge
    An arc scourge ignores the hardness of vehicles and deals double damage to them.

Mechadendrite Hive
    An attack with the mechadendrite hive can only be made as part of a full attack action, in which case 2d6 attacks are made at full base attack bonus but with no strength or dexterity bonus added (a +13 bonus).

Solar Atomiser
    This weapon has a range increment of 5 feet. A creature within 5 range increments (25 feet) takes double damage from the solar atomiser.

Canticles of the Omnissiah
    Belissarius Cawl can recite the Canticles of the Omnissiah (see Tech-Priest Enginseer). When he does, you may add or subtract 1 from the roll on the table.

Master of Machines
    At the end of Belisarius Cawl's turn, he can choose a friendly [Adeptus Mechanicus] creature or vehicle within 15 feet, not including himself. The target regains 1d3*15 hit points. A single creature or vehicle can only benefit from this effect once per round, regardless of source.

Heroic Surge
    Up to four times per day, but no more than once per round, Belisarius Cawl can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    Belisarius Cawl's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. Cawl gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Salvage
    Belisarius Cawl can salvage a damaged or destroyed vehicle, mecha, starship, robot or cybernetic enhancement. Refer to the table on page 131 of the Warhammer 40,000 d20 rulebook for more information.

Robomancer
    A techpriest of at least second level takes half the normal time to build or repair robots and robotic components.

Cybermancer
    A techpriest of at least fourth level takes half the normal time to build or repair cybernetic attachments.

Robo-Expert
    A techpriest of at least eighth level deals 2d6 extra points of damage with all attacks against robots, and gets a +8 grapple bonus against them.

Exotic Weapon Adept
    A techpriest of at least fifth level only takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls with an exotic weapon with which he isn't proficient.

Expeditious Salvager
    A techpriest of eighth level or higher can use the Salvage feat to salvage a wrecked vehicle, mecha, starship, robot, or cybernetic attachment in half the usual time (see the Salvage feat description for details).

Necron Archeotech
    A techpriest of tenth level can craft archeotech gear, like c'tan phaseblades.

Lord of Mars
    Any friendly [Adeptus Mechanicus] creatures within 30 feet of Belisarius Cawl can re-roll failed rolls to hit with ranged attacks, including Cawl himself.

Techpriest Dominus, CR 10, XP 9,600
    Tech-Priest Expert 3/Techpriest* 7
    LN Medium Humanoid (Human, Half-Construct, Techpriest) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +5, Senses Darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision, perception +14
    DEFENCE
    AC 25, touch 17, FF 24 (+8 armour, +1 dex, +2 deflect, +4 techpriest)
    HP 3d8+7d6+20 (58 hp)
    Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +8
    Defensive Abilities Masterwork Bionics
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Omnissian Axe +9/+4 (2d6+3) and Macrostubber +8/+8/+3/+3 (2d8)
    Ranged Macrostubber +8/+8/+3/+3 (2d8) or Phosphor Serpenta +8/+3 (2d12); Volkite Blaster +8/+3 (3d12 *4) or Eradication Ray +8/+3 ranged touch (3d12)
    Special Attacks Canticles of the Omnissiah, Master of Machines
    STATISTICS
    Str 14 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 12 Cha 10
    Base Atk +7 CMB +9 CMD 20
    Feats Armour Proficiency (Medium)(B), Exotic Firearms Proficiency(B)*, Heroic Surge, Improved Initiative, Oathbound, Point Blank Shot, Salvage (B)*
    Skills Acrobatics +14, Craft (Mechanical) +13, Knowledge (Engineering) +16 (+19 identify unfamiliar technology), Knowledge (Geography) +16, Knowledge (Local) +16, Knowledge (Religion) +13, Perception +14 (+17 salvage), Profession (Driver) +14, Profession (Pilot) +14, Use Magic Device +13,
    Languages Low Gothic, High Gothic, Lingua Technis, Eldar, Tau
    SQ Robomancer, Cybermancer, Skilled Salvager, Robo-expert, Exotic Weapon Adept, Lord of the Machine Cult

Weapons
    A techpriest dominus is usually equipped with an Omnissian axe, volkite blaster and macrostubber. A volkite blaster is sometimes swapped for an eradication ray. A macrostubber is sometimes swapped for a phosphor serpenta. The macrostubber can be used as part of the same full attack as the Omnissian axe without penalty, and the phosphor serpenta can be used with the volkite blaster or eradication ray without penalty.

The macrostubber's range increment is 15 feet, the phosphor serpenta's is 20 feet, and the volkite blaster's and the eradication ray's are 30 feet. The phosphor serpenta ignores cover, but still requires line of effect to the target. A creature within 1 range increment (30 feet) of the eradication ray takes double damage, but the dominus takes a -4 penalty on attack rolls with the eradication ray if he moves in the same turn (if he doesn't accept the penalty, he cannot move later in the turn).

Masterwork Bionics
    At the start of the dominus' turn, he regains 1d3*15 hit points.

A techpriest dominus can recite the Canticles of the Omnissiah (see Tech-Priest Enginseer).

Master of Machines
    At the end of the techpriest dominus' turn, he can choose a friendly [Adeptus Mechanicus] creature or vehicle within 15 feet, not including himself. The target regains 1d3*15 hit points. A single creature or vehicle can only benefit from this effect once per round, regardless of source.

Heroic Surge
    Up to three times per day, but no more than once per round, a techpriest dominus can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    A techpriest dominus' aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The dominus gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Salvage
    A techpriest dominus can salvage a damaged or destroyed vehicle, mecha, starship, robot or cybernetic enhancement. Refer to the table on page 131 of the Warhammer 40,000 d20 rulebook for more information.

Robomancer
    A techpriest of at least second level takes half the normal time to build or repair robots and robotic components.

Cybermancer
    A techpriest of at least fourth level takes half the normal time to build or repair cybernetic attachments.

Robo-Expert
    A techpriest of at least fourth level deals 1d6 extra points of damage with all attacks against robots, and gets a +4 grapple bonus against them.

Exotic Weapon Adept
    A techpriest of at least fifth level only takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls with an exotic weapon with which he isn't proficient.

Lord of the Machine Cult
    Any friendly [Adeptus Mechanicus] creatures within 30 feet of the techpriest dominus can re-roll failed attack rolls of 1, 2, or 3 to hit with ranged attacks, including the dominus.

Techpriest Enginseer CR 6, XP 2,400
    Tech-priest Expert 3/Techpriest 3
    LN Medium Humanoid (Human) [Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +1, Senses perception +9
    DEFENCE
    AC 20, touch 14, FF 19 (+6 armour, +1 deflect, +1 dex, +2 techpriest)
    HP 3d8+3d6+6 (30 HP)
    Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
    Defensive Abilities -
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Omnissian Axe +6 (2d6+3) and Servo-Arm +2 (2d20) and laspistol +5 (2d8)
    Ranged Laspistol +5 (2d6)
    Special Attacks Canticles of the Omnissiah
    STATISTICS
    Str 14 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha 10
    Base Atk +4 CMB +6 CMD +17
    Feats Builder (Mechanical and Structural)(B)*, Heroic Surge, Oathbound, Personal Firearm Proficiency*, Scavenge(B)*
    Skills Craft (Mechanical) +13, Craft (Structural) +13, Knowledge (Engineering) +13 (+14 identify alien technology), Knowledge (Local) +6, Knowledge (Religion) +9, Perception +9, Profession (Driver) +9, Profession (Pilot) +9, Use Magic Device +9
    Languages Low Gothic, High Gothic, Lingua Technis, Eldar
    SQ Robomancer

Weapons
    An enginseer has all three of the weapons listed and can use all three in the same full attack with no penalty. The laspistol has a range increment of 15 feet.

A techpriest enginseer can recite the Canticles of the Omnissiah.

Reciting the canticles is a swift action, and affects all [Adeptus Mechanicus] creatures and vehicles in the same combat for the rest of the round. Roll 1d6 to determine the effect at random:

(1) Incantation of the Iron Soul: Affected creatures and vehicles re-roll all failed will saves.
    (2) Litany of the Electromancer: When you recite the canticles, each enemy within 5 feet of a creature affected must take a reflex save (DC 10 + half affected creature's hit dice + affected creature's intelligence modifier) or take 1d6 points of damage per hit die of the affected creature. Use the highest hit dice and highest intelligence modifier (separately) of affected creatures within 5 feet of the enemy. If a vehicle is affected, treat it as a creature with its pilot's hit dice and intelligence for this purpose.
    (3) Chant of the Remorseless Fist: Affected creatures and vehicles re-roll any failed melee attack rolls of 1, 2, or 3.
    (4) Shroudpsalm: Affected creatures and vehicles have concealment (20% miss chance)
    (5) Invocation of Machine Might: Affected creatures have a +2 bonus to melee attack and damage rolls.
    (6) Benediction of the Omnissiah: Affected creatures and vehicles re-roll any failed ranged attack rolls of 1, 2, or 3.

Master of Machines
    At the end of the techpriest enginseer's turn, he can choose a friendly [Adeptus Mechanicus] or [Adeptus Astra Militarium] vehicle within 15 feet. The target regains 1d3*15 hit points. A single vehicle can only benefit from this effect once per round, regardless of source.

Heroic Surge
    Up to twice per day, but no more than once per round, a techpriest enginseer can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    A techpriest enginseer's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The enginseer gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Salvage
    A techpriest enginseer can salvage a damaged or destroyed vehicle, mecha, starship, robot or cybernetic enhancement. Refer to the table on page 131 of the Warhammer 40,000 d20 rulebook for more information.

Robomancer

Cybernetica Datasmith CR 6, XP 2,400
    Tech-priest Expert 3/Techpriest 3
    LN Medium Humanoid (Human) [Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +1, Senses perception +9
    DEFENCE
    AC 22, touch 14, FF 21 (+8 armour, +1 dex, +1 deflect, +2 techpriest)
    HP 3d8+3d6+6 (30 HP)
    Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5
    Defensive Abilities -
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Power Fist +2 (2d20) and Gamma Pistol +5 (2d12)
    Ranged Gamma Pistol +5 (2d6)
    Special Attacks Canticles of the Omnissiah
    STATISTICS
    Str 14 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 14 Wis 10 Cha 10
    Base Atk +4 CMB +6 CMD +17
    Feats Builder (Mechanical and Structural)(B)*, Heroic Surge, Oathbound, Personal Firearm Proficiency*, Scavenge(B)*
    Skills Craft (Mechanical) +13, Craft (Structural) +13, Knowledge (Engineering) +13 (+14 identify alien technology), Knowledge (Local) +6, Knowledge (Religion) +9, Perception +9, Profession (Driver) +9, Profession (Pilot) +9, Use Magic Device +9
    Languages Low Gothic, High Gothic, Lingua Technis, Eldar
    SQ Robomancer

Weapons
    A datasmith has both of the weapons listed and can use both in the same full attack with no penalty. The gamma pistol has a range increment of 15 feet.

A cybernetica datasmith can recite the Canticles of the Omnissiah (see techpriest enginseer).

Master of Machines
    At the end of the cybernetica datasmith's turn, he can choose a friendly kastellan robot within 15 feet. The target regains 1d3*15 hit points. A single robot can only benefit from this effect once per round, regardless of source.

Heroic Surge
    Up to twice per day, but no more than once per round, a cybernetica datasmith can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    A cybernetica datasmith's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The datasmith gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Salvage
    A cybernetica datasmith can salvage a damaged or destroyed vehicle, mecha, starship, robot or cybernetic enhancement. Refer to the table on page 131 of the Warhammer 40,000 d20 rulebook for more information.

Robomancer

Corpuscarius Electro-Priest CR 3, XP 800
    Human monk 3
    LN Medium humanoid (human) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +2; Senses Perception +7
    DEFENSE
    AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Wis, +2 Deflect)
    hp 28 (3d8+15)
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantment
    OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee electrostatic gauntlets +5 (1d8+2) or flurry of blows +4/+4 (1d8+2)
    Ranged electrostatic gauntlets +5 (1d8+2) or flurry of blows +4/+4 (1d8+2)
    STATISTICS
    Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 17
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike, Scorpion Style, Stand Still, Step Up, Stunning Fist, Toughness
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +8, Craft (Mechanical) +6, Knowledge (history) +6, Perception +7

Electrostatic Gauntlets
    These masterwork weapons are treated as a type of unarmed strike. The wielder's unarmed strike damage increases as though the unarmed strike were one size category larger, and the wielder can make ranged attacks with the gauntlets as though they were thrown weapons with a range increment of 10 feet except that the gauntlets need not actually be thrown. They are built into the corpuscarius' body.

Voltagheist Field
    This forcefield is built into the electro-priest's body. It provides a +2 deflection bonus to AC and when the electro-priest charges, the creature charged must take a reflex save (DC 14) or take 1d6 points of electricity damage, even if none of the electro-priest's attacks actually hits. The save DC is constitution-based.

Fanatical Devotion

Fulgurite Electro-Priest CR 3, XP 800
    Human monk 3
    LN Medium humanoid (human) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +2; Senses Perception +7
    DEFENSE
    AC 15, touch 15, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Wis, +2 Deflect)
    HP 28 (3d8+15)
    Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4; +2 vs. enchantment
    OFFENSE
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee electroleech stave +5 (2d6+3 *4) or flurry of blows +4/+4 (2d6+3 *4)
    STATISTICS
    Str 14, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 17
    Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +8, Craft (Mechanical) +6, Knowledge (history) +6, Perception +7

Siphoned Vigour
    If the Fulgurite deals enough damage to a creature to knock that creature unconscious or kill it, his deflection bonus to AC increases to +4 for the rest of the encounter.

Voltagheist Field

Fanatical Devotion
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2017-12-06 at 04:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Whaaaaaaat?? Look at those stats!! This looks really, really good!

I’ll tell ya what since I work in the Air Force and am stationed in S. Korea, this was just the thing I needed during my 14 hour shift to keep me going.

Can’t wait to try and contribute more on my end! If you get bored again I’d love see what else you come up with on the vehicle front. XD

13. - Top - End - #13
    Banned

This isn't even my final boredom!

Servitor, Kataphron CR 7, XP 3,200
    TN Large Construct (Servitor) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Large Imperial Droid Construct 7
    Init -1, Senses darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, Class IV Sensor System perception +
    DEFENCE
    AC 17, touch 9, FF 17 (+8 armour, -1 size, -1 dex, +1 deflect)
    HP 7d10+34 (72 hp)
    Fort Immune, Ref +1, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities Ceramite Armour, Immune construct traits
    OFFENCE
    Speed 20 feet
    Melee Unarmed Strike +12/+7 (1d4+5) or Arc Claw +12/+7 (4d6+5) or Hydraulic Claw +8/+3 (6d6+5)
    Ranged Heavy Arc Rifle +12/+7 (4d6) or Torsion Cannon +12 ranged touch (6d10) or Cognis Flamer DC 15 (3d6 fire) or Heavy Grav Cannon +12/+12/+7/+7 ranged touch (4d6+???) or Phosphor Blaster +12/+7 (2d12) or Plasma Culverin +12 ranged splash (4d10) or Overcharged Plasma Culverin +12 ranged splash (6d10)
    Special Attacks -
    STATISTICS
    Str 21 Dex 9 Con - Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 5
    Base Atk +7 CMB +16 CMD 25
    Feats Heroic Surge*, Oathbound*, Point Blank Shot, Toughness
    Skills Acrobatics -1 (incapable jumping), Knowledge (Engineering) +10, Perception +12, Swim incapable,
    Languages Lingua Technis
    SQ Large Imperial Droid Traits, Treads, Skillweb and Featweb, Weapon Mounts, Heavy Battle Servitor

Weapons
    A kataphron is set up in either the breacher pattern or the destroyer pattern. Breachers carry a heavy arc rifle or torsion cannon, and an arc claw or hydraulic claw. A kataphron carries a cognis flamer or a phosphor blaster, alongside a heavy grav-cannon or plasma culverin.

A heavy arc rifle has a range increment of 60 feet. A heavy arc rifle or an arc claw deals double damage to vehicles and ignores their hardness. A torsion cannon only ever fires a single shot at a time (though a heroic surge allows the kataphron to fire it again). Its range increment is 40 feet. Attacks with the torsion cannon are touch attacks. A hydraulic claw is so unwieldy that the kataphron subtracts 4 from attack rolls (taken into account above).

A cognis flamer fires a 20-ft cone of fire; a reflex save halves the damage it deals. If the cognis flamer is readied against a charge, roll the damage twice and take the higher. A heavy grav cannon has a range increment of 50 feet. A heavy grav cannon deals additional damage to the target equal to the target's combined armour and shield bonuses to AC and automatically overcomes hardness. The attacks it makes are ranged touch attacks and twice the normal numbers of attacks are made in a full attack; this is taken into account above.

A phosphor blaster has a range increment of 30 feet. It ignores cover, though you still need line of effect to fire it. A plasma culverin has a range increment of 60 feet and works a little like a standard ranged splash weapon, except that the target, if struck, takes full damage, but so does everyone else within 10 feet unless they pass a reflex save (DC 15) for half damage. If the plasma culverin is overcharged, it deals the increased damage noted and the reflex save DC is 20, but an attack roll of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 destroys the wielder (as well as dealing the standard damage to the targets). In any case, if you miss with the plasma culverin, resolve the miss like a ranged splash attack, and then work out who is within 10 feet of the resulting location. Everyone, even creatures in that square, are entitled to a reflex save.

Class IV Sensor System
    A robot with a Class IV sensor system gains a +2 bonus on perception checks. The sensor system has visual, auditory, tactile and olfactory senses.

Ceramite Armour
    A robot with ceramite armour has hardness 8, even though it's a creature, not an object. It also has a -10 penalty to speed, but this is already accounted for in the speed given above.

Heroic Surge
    Up to twice per day, but no more than once per round, a kataphron can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    A kataphron's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The kataphron gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Large Imperial Droid Traits
    A large imperial droid has extra hit points equal to 20 + 1/HD, and base ability scores of 20/9/-/10/10/5. Unlike most robots, they are intelligent. They require a perception check, DC 10, to distinguish them from members of the emulated species. They have critical systems and therefore a semblance of a discernable anatomy, making them vulnerable to precision damage and critical hits.

Treads
    A robot with treads can traverse difficult terrain without penalty, but cannot climb steep slopes or stairs, nor can it jump. It can't swim, but can usually go along the bottom of the water. The treads have been improved to give the kataphron a +10 bonus to speed, which is already accounted for in the speed given above.

Skillweb and Featweb
    Unlike other robots, servitors can learn skills and feats at no penalty.

Weapon Mounts
    A kataphron's weapons cannot be used as a hand-held weapon - only the kataphron itself can use them.

Heavy Battle Servitor
    A kataphron uses its strength modifier in place of its dexterity modifier to make ranged wepaon attacks, unless for whatever reason its dexterity modifier is actually higher.

Servitor CR 2**, XP 600
    Medium Imperial Droid Construct 1
    TN Medium Construct (Servitor) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +0, Senses Darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, perception +4
    DEFENCE
    AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armour)
    HP 1d10+10 (15 hp)
    Fort immune, Ref +0, Will +0
    Defensive Abilities Plascrete Armour, Immune construct traits
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3) or servo-arm -2 (2d20)
    Ranged Heavy Bolter +1/+1 (2d12 *3) or Multi-melta +1 ranged touch (3d20) or Plasma Cannon +1 ranged splash (4d10) or Overcharged Plasma Cannon +1 ranged splash (6d10)
    Special Attacks
    STATISTICS
    Str 12 Dex 11 Con - Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 5
    Base Atk +1 CMB +2 CMD 12
    Feats Oathbound*
    Skills Perception +6, Knowledge (Engineering) +6
    Languages Lingua Technis
    SQ Medium Imperial Droid Traits, Legs, Skillweb and Featweb, Weapon Mounts, Mindlock

**A servitor is overly damage-based to the point that it can take out a second-level character in a lucky shot quite easily, or conversely be destroyed before it has a chance to act with no resource expenditure by the party, so it's advisable not to use them unless the encounter level is at least 6.

Weapons
    A servitor can make unarmed strikes, and carries any one of the other listed weapons. A heavy bolter or plasma cannon has a range increment of 60 feet whereas the multi-melta's is 30 feet. A heavy bolter and a multi-melta work normally except as listed above, and a plasma cannon works just like a plasma culverin except that the splash range is only 5 feet.

Class IV Sensor System
    A robot with a Class IV sensor system gains a +2 bonus on perception checks. The sensor system has visual, auditory, tactile and olfactory senses.

Plascrete Armour
    Plascrete armour provides the robot with hardness 4, even though it's a creature, not an object.

Oathbound
    A servitor's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The servitor gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Medium Imperial Droid Traits
    A medium imperial droid has extra hit points equal to 10, and base ability scores of 12/11/-/10/10/5. Unlike most robots, they are intelligent. They require a perception check, DC 10, to distinguish them from members of the emulated species. They have critical systems and therefore a semblance of a discernable anatomy, making them vulnerable to precision damage and critical hits.

Legs
    A robot with legs is bipedal, walking on two legs as well as a human.

Skillweb and Featweb

Weapon Mounts
    A servitor's weapons cannot be used as a hand-held weapon - only the servitor itself can use them.

Mindlock
    A servitor takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls unless there is a friendly techpriest (Belisarius Cawl, Techpriest Dominus, Techpriest Enginseer or Cybernetica Datasmith) or Techmarine (Master of the Forge or Techmarine) within 60 feet of it.

Kastellan Robot, CR 13, XP 25,600
    Huge Imperial Armature Construct 10
    TN Huge Construct (Kastellan) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init -2, Senses Darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, Class IV Sensor Suite, perception +2
    DEFENCE
    AC 14, touch 6, FF 14 (armour +8, size -2, dex -2), (16/8/16 vs ranged (+2 deflect))
    HP 10d10+60 (115 hp)
    Fort immune, Ref +1, Will +3
    Defensive Abilities Ceramite Armour, Repulsor Grid,Immune Construct traits, mindless
    OFFENCE
    Speed 40 feet
    Melee Kick +21/+16 (4d6+11) or 2 Kastellan Fists +19/+19/+14/+14 (10d6+11)
    Ranged Incendine Combustor DC 20 (4d6 fire) and/or 1-3 Heavy Phosphor Blasters +21/+16 (single) or +19/+14 (each while multiweapon fighting) (6d6)
    Special Attacks
    STATISTICS
    Str 33 Dex 6 Con - Int - Wis 10 Cha 1
    Base Atk +10 CMB +29 CMD 37
    Feats Improved Many-Weapon Fighting(B), Many-Weapon Fighting(B)
    Skills Perception +2
    Languages None
    SQ Huge Imperial Armature Traits, Legs, Weapon Mounts, Kastellan Traits, Battle Protocols, Explodes!

Class IV Sensor System

Ceramite Armour
    A robot with ceramite armour has hardness 8, even though it's a creature, not an object. It also has a -10 penalty to speed, but this is already accounted for in the speed given above.

Repulsor Grid
    The repulsor grid is responsible for the +2 deflection bonus to AC against ranged attacks given above. Also, a creature who misses the kastellan with a ranged attack due to the deflection bonus (usually one who rolls a total of 14 or 15 for their attack roll) takes 15 points of damage.

Weapons
    A kastellan has either two kastellan fists or two heavy phosphor blasters. It has an incendine combustor or a heavy phosphor blaster, potentially giving it three heavy phosphor blasters. A kastellan without fists can kick in combat instead.

A heavy phosphor blaster has a range increment of 50 feet, and an incendine combustor deals damage in a 60-foot cone (reflex half). A heavy phosphor blaster ignores cover but not line of effect.

Huge Imperial Armature Traits
    A huge imperial armature has extra hit points equal to 40 + 2 per hit die, and base ability scores of 31/6/-/-/10/1. They are mindless.

Legs

Weapon Mounts
    A kastellan's weapons cannot be used as a hand-held weapon - only the kastellan itself can use them.

Kastellan Traits
    A kastellan is unusually fast, but this is given in its base speed above. It also uses strength instead of dexterity for ranged attack rolls unless its dexterity is actually higher. Finally, it gains many-weapon fighting and improved many-weapon fighting as bonus feats, as given above.

Battle Protocols
    A kastellan has three protocols, and it usually starts combat in the aegis protocol. It can switch between protocols as a swift action so long as there is one or more cybernetica datasmiths within 60 feet of it. In the aegis protocol, its armour bonus to AC and deflection bonus to AC against ranged attacks are increased by 2. In the conqueror protocol, it cannot make ranged attacks but any attacks it makes are taken twice, and in the protector protocol it can't move from the square it's in but any ranged attacks it makes are taken twice.

Explodes!
    When the kastellan is destroyed, roll a d6. If the result is a 6, the kastellan explodes, dealing 3d6 fire, 3d6 slashing and 3d6 force damage to every creature within 15 feet (reflex DC 15 half).

The actual skitarii themselves will probably have to come some other time, along with the sicarians and vehicles.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2018-01-16 at 07:21 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kastellan Robot have a very confusing stat block.
    I mean how can it be a
    LN Medium Humanoid (Human) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Does it means that it is Huge And Medium and a construct and an humanoid?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    The Kastellan Robot have a very confusing stat block.
    I mean how can it be a
    LN Medium Humanoid (Human) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Does it means that it is Huge And Medium and a construct and an humanoid?
    That's a copy-paste mistake: it is of course a huge construct.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

It also seems the castellan robot is a glass cannon.
    It is somehow a reverted tank with the damage of multiple tanks and with as health a little bit more than the damage one tank deals in a turn:
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/ve...vehicles/tank/
    but when compared to http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Mons...nimated%20Tank
    It is way more similar(except the part where your robot murders stuff in melee or at range in one instant and have less hp and lower cr)
    Maybe your castellan robot was undercred or maybe it is low cr because of its low spot(I mean your robot can not spot anything) making it very snipe-able and way easier to flee.
    Or it is just that you are not playing the same kind of pathfinder campaigns.
    I guess that if the players can at level 10 deal 30 or more damage each then it is fine as a cr 10 monster.
    For CR10 the accuracy of that robot seems reasonable(as in: it will not break the game) but in fact it have more than a lot of higher cred monsters.
    Last edited by noob; 2017-12-04 at 10:33 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Banned

Much like the kastellan robots of 40K itself, the kastellan gets a lot of shots that can kill standard infantry trivially, but can't stand up to having several meltaguns pointed at it and the triggers pulled. I honestly don't think that a tank should have enough hardness and hit points to survive being dropped from orbit thirty-one times, nor do I think that being shot by a tank's battle cannon is something that a low-level NPC should be able to walk away from a decent amount of the time (a 3rd-level, 12-con warrior with toughness has 22 hit points, giving him a 9% chance to be fine after a direct hit from a tank shell, a 12% chance to stay standing and an 87% chance to live, at least immediately).

At CR 13 (maybe you mixed up its CR and its HD? I dunno), the kastellan is nasty, but it shouldn't be lethal to anyone of that level unless they are devoid of tactics, armour class and hit points. In the second instance, it can't actually change into the modes which give it extra attacks without a datasmith, although this may be cold comfort to anyone facing down six phosphor rounds. Hey, in original 40K it got 9 (and yes, protector protocol doubled that).

Of course, if it does go into protector protocol, you do gain the option of murdering the CR 6 datasmith cowering behind it before getting out of its line of effect. It's not like it's going anywhere.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Adeptus Mechanicus on the whole can usually be described as glass canons. Quite often they are referred to by enemies as “Tin Soldiers”. Their weapons are old and pack a wallop but they are much weaker against the vast majorly of enemies in the physical sense. Their strengths comes from collecting data and implementing stratagems to most deadly effect.

The things that balance them out are the Titan units. Those are not glass, not at all. Oooh imagine doing a full round attack with a. A Guard Troop and one Titan. Destruction! Oooh or a vs dragon battle!!
    Last edited by Hazeeb; 2017-12-04 at 01:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

The Adeptus Mechanicus on the whole can usually be described as glass canons. Quite often they are referred to by enemies as “Tin Soldiers”. Their weapons are old and pack a wallop but they are much weaker against the vast majorly of enemies in the physical sense. Their strengths comes from collecting data and implementing stratagems to most deadly effect.

The things that balance them out are the Titan units. Those are not glass, not at all. Oooh imagine doing a full round attack with a. A Guard Troop and one Titan. Destruction! Oooh or a vs dragon battle!!
    I don't have the stats for a titan, but here's a possible full attack for a Knight Crusader:

Melee: Titanic Feet +40/+40/+40/+35/+35/+35/+30/+30/+30/+25/+25/+25 (8d6+15)
    Ranged: Avenger Gatling Gun +25/+25/+25/+20/+20/+20/+15/+15/+15/+10/+10/+10 (6d6) and heavy flamer DC 20 (6d6) and 2 heavy stubbers +25/+25/+20/+20/+15/+15/+10/+10 (3d6) and rapid-fire battle cannon +25/+25/+20/+20/+15/+15/+10/+10 (8d6) and stormspear rocket pod +25/+20/+15/+10 (8d6)

You do NOT want to be standing anywhere near that when it happens. At least it's not a Stormlord, I suppose.

Actually, on second thoughts, I do have access to a titan datasheet, namely the Emperor Titan's datasheet that GW put out free...

Melee: Cathedral +345/+340/+335/+330 (3d100+305)
    Ranged: 6 Vulcan Mega-Bolters +40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+40/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+35/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+30/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25/+25 (6d6) and 2 Vengeance Cannons ranged splash +40/+40/+35/+35/+30/+30/+25/+25 (destroyer DC 30 and 3d100)

Yeah, I've just decided that that's not okay and I don't want to go near it.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

How is a fighter supposed to live in this setting?
    Oh sorry I forgot.
    In warhammer40k fighters do not live.
    Last edited by noob; 2017-12-04 at 03:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

*snorts*

Those are crazy. At least a titan would be much easier to skin into pathfinder. With the flavor world I have I can treat them as full constructs.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: Servitor
    Show
    Servitor CR 2**, XP 600
    Medium Imperial Droid Construct 1
    TN Medium Construct (Servitor) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +0, Senses Darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, perception +4
    DEFENCE
    AC 14, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+4 armour)
    HP 1d10+10 (15 hp)
    Fort immune, Ref +0, Will +0
    Defensive Abilities Plascrete Armour, Immune construct traits
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3) or servo-arm -2 (2d20)
    Ranged Heavy Bolter +1/+1 (2d12 *3) or Multi-melta +1 ranged touch (3d20) or Plasma Cannon +1 ranged splash (4d10) or Overcharged Plasma Cannon +1 ranged splash (6d10)
    Special Attacks
    STATISTICS
    Str 12 Dex 11 Con - Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 5
    Base Atk +1 CMB +2 CMD 12
    Feats Oathbound*
    Skills Perception +6, Knowledge (Engineering) +6
    Languages Lingua Technis
    SQ Medium Imperial Droid Traits, Legs, Skillweb and Featweb, Weapon Mounts, Mindlock

**A servitor is overly damage-based to the point that it can take out a second-level character in a lucky shot quite easily, or conversely be destroyed before it has a chance to act with no resource expenditure by the party, so it's advisable not to use them unless the encounter level is at least 6.

Weapons
    A servitor can make unarmed strikes, and carries any one of the other listed weapons. A heavy bolter or plasma cannon has a range increment of 60 feet whereas the multi-melta's is 30 feet. A heavy bolter and a multi-melta work normally except as listed above, and a plasma cannon works just like a plasma culverin except that the splash range is only 5 feet.

Class IV Sensor System

Plascrete Armour
    Plascrete armour provides the robot with hardness 4, even though it's a creature, not an object.

Oathbound
    A servitor's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The servitor gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Medium Imperial Droid Traits
    A medium imperial droid has extra hit points equal to 10, and base ability scores of 12/11/-/10/10/5. Unlike most robots, they are intelligent. They require a perception check, DC 10, to distinguish them from members of the emulated species. They have critical systems and therefore a semblance of a discernable anatomy, making them vulnerable to precision damage and critical hits.

Legs

Skillweb and Featweb

Weapon Mounts
    A servitor's weapons cannot be used as a hand-held weapon - only the servitor itself can use them.

Mindlock
    A servitor takes a -4 penalty on attack and damage rolls unless there is a friendly techpriest (Belisarius Cawl, Techpriest Dominus, Techpriest Enginseer or Cybernetica Datasmith) or Techmarine (Master of the Forge or Techmarine) within 60 feet of it.

So someone at work today informed me of something that might fit a more ghastly mold for servitors. Lords of Rust created a great monster called the Rust Risen. There is no template to apply this to other races at the moment. What I would love is combining the best elements of both Servitors and a Rust Risen into a template. This way a captured monster race that can't be turned into a Skitarii (vis this device: Rebirthing Chamber) or deemed unfit for service can be turned into a zomborg. It seems a perfectly grisly way to serve the Mechanicum if the Machine Goddess finds your flesh unfit for "elevation".

Spoiler: Rebirthing Chamber
    Show
    Slot none; Weight 1,200 lbs.; Capacity —; Usage 200 charges/day

This enclosed pod of metal and plastic contains a thinly padded bed on which to lay, and dozens of small vents along its interior. A rebirthing chamber cannot operate on its own power, and must be attached to an external power source. When a Small or Medium humanoid lies within a rebirthing chamber, the chamber automatically seals. Soporific gas fills the chamber, inducing a deathlike coma (Fortitude DC 30 each round negates; this is a poison effect). One minute after it seals, the chamber floods with nanites that first analyze, then reduce the occupant to its component molecules. The dismantling process deals 6d10 points of damage and 1d4 point of Constitution drain each round (Fortitude DC 30 half), a horrifically painful process should the occupant retain consciousness. Any gear worn by the occupant is dismantled and destroyed, with possibly catastrophic results for explosives and powered devices.

Over the next 1d4 days, the nanites reconstruct and enhance the occupant, in effect optimizing its genetic code.

The occupant wakes up with full memories of its prior existence, but in the body of a young adult of its race, halfway between the minimum and maximum age of its current age category. In the process, all ability scores receive a +2 inherent bonus.

Each time a rebirthing chamber is used, there is a 10% chance its nanite reconstruction fails, leaving the host dead and without remains. Only a miracle, true resurrection, or wish can restore such a hapless victim. The nanite reservoir contains sufficient nanites for five rebirths, assuming it hasn’t been previously used.

A rebirthing chamber only works on humanoids and humanoid corporeal undead. It can even restore life to a long-dead corpse, so long as usable genetic information remains, but with a 25% chance of failure instead of 10%. For each day that passed without preservation such as gentle repose, the revived creature loses roughly 10% of its memories and gains 1 permanent negative level. If the negative levels gained exceed the creature’s level, the revival fails. Intelligent corporeal undead retain their memories after revival, but lose all undead abilities and regain their original statistics and abilities from their time among the living. Effects that restore these negative levels also restore these lost memories.

Attempts to rebirth a creature without a soul invariably fail, as do attempts to rebirth a creature from partial remains while the creature is still alive. A body is created and draws breath, but lacks any intellect and dies 2d6 hours after the process completed.

Spoiler: RUST-RISEN
    Show

Miscellaneous bits of rusted machinery are fused to the body of
    this shambling corpse.
    RUST-RISEN CR 2
    XP 600
    CE Medium undead
    Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7
    DEFENSE
    AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +4 natural)
    hp 19 (3d8+6)
    Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +4
    Defensive Abilities absorb electricity; Immune undead traits
    Weaknesses malfunction
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee arm drill +5 (1d6+3), metal jaw +5 (1d6+3)
    STATISTICS
    Str 17, Dex 13, Con —, Int 5, Wis 12, Cha 14
    Base Atk +2; CMB +5; CMD 16
    Feats Improved Initiative, Power Attack
    Skills Intimidate +6, Perception +7, Stealth +5; Racial Modifiers
    +2 Perception
    Languages Common
    SQ augmentations
    ECOLOGY
    Environment any
    Organization solitary, pair, or pack (3–12)
    Treasure none
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Absorb Electricity (Ex) When a rust-risen is damaged by
    electricity, it takes no damage (as if immune). Instead, the
    rust-risen gains 1 temporary hit point for every 4 points of
    damage it would have taken. A rust-risen can only have
    a number of temporary hit points equal to 150% of its hit
    point total. These temporary hit points disappear 1 hour
    later. If a rust-risen takes more than double its normal hit
    point total in electricity damage from a single attack, the
    creature is destroyed.
    Augmentations (Ex) Rust-risen have various pieces of
    malfunctioning machinery embedded in their bodies.
    Each of these augmentations provides the rust-risen with
    different abilities. A rust-risen has one augmentation
    plus one additional augmentation for every 3 Hit Dice the
    creature possesses (typically 2 for most rust-risen). The
    rust-risen presented here has the arm drill and metal jaw
    augmentations. See the next page for other augmentations.
    Malfunction (Ex) The machinery embedded in a rust-risen
    functions unpredictably in stressful situations. When a rustrisen
    enters combat, there is a cumulative 1% chance each
    round that it malfunctions. This chance resets to 0% 1
    minute after combat ends. When a rust-risen malfunctions,
    it takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, saving throws, skill
    checks, and ability checks for 1d4 minutes.
    Rust-risen lurk n the burned-out husks of
    ancient space-faring vessels and among the
    grease and blood stained laboratories of mad,
    technologist necromancers. These hideous
    undead mockeries riddled with the remnants
    of ancient technology—rotting creatures,
    outfitted with twitching relics of a spacefaring
    race, that prey on the living by
    tearing their victims to shreds with
    gnashing drills, vivisecting scalpels, and
    flailing exsanguination tubes.
    Ecology
    Necromancers with a twisted affinity for
    technology often forgo the usual ghoul or
    zombie minions for a rust-risen ally. Far from mindless,
    rust-risen possess limited memories of their lives before
    undeath, though these recollections are more like misshapen
    shadows f lickering on the walls of their minds, and are often
    distorted and highly inaccurate.
    Habitat & Society
    Rust-risen possess the unnatural hunger for the living
    shared by other undead, but they also maintain a strange
    obsession with technological artifacts. It’s not uncommon
    when breaching a rust-risen lair to find it filled with baubles,
    gizmos, and other technological oddities—even schematics
    which rust-risen cannot make sense of. Rust-risen collect
    such items, which appear to give them some semblance
    of comfort in their rotting horror of an existence. Rustrisen
    also seek sources of electrical power, finding them
    comforting in the same way a warm bath soothes living f lesh.
    If denied access to an electrical power source, rust-risen
    become sluggish and despondent, but spring to activity as
    soon as they are exposed to electricity.
    Rust-risen are always bonded to their creator, serving
    them as loyally as an animal companion does its master.
    They rely on their creator to keep their malfunctioning
    technology from completely breaking down. Over time
    however, their bond grows into obsession; eventually it
    becomes an uncontrollable desire for their master to join
    them in undeath. Such obsessed rust-risen often overpower
    their necromancer overlords, who awaken to find themselves
    on an operating table, their machine-studded monstrosities
    hovering busily over their extracted viscera.
    If a rust-risen’s creator is destroyed, the undead becomes
    despondent and lost. It wanders, avoiding civilization
    and hovering at the fringes of communities, preying on
    stragglers and wallowing in misanthropic misery. At the
    same time, it constantly seeks the aid of anyone who can keep
    it from breaking down. This duality means that the mood
    of an uncontrolled rust-risen is nigh-impossible to predict.
    Rust-Risen Augmentations
    As rust-risen are cobbled together from dead bodies
    augmented with barely-functioning machinery, no two are
    exactly alike. Some technologically minded necromancers
    with enough raw materials and a consistent design plan try
    to make their rust-risen conform to a template, but most
    packs of rust-risen are motley and violent amalgamations
    of f lesh and steel.
    A GM can further modify rust-risen in their games with
    augmentations of their own creation, but they should be no
    more powerful than those described below.
    Additional Appendage: Some rust-risen are augmented
    with an additional mechanical limb. A rust-risen with
    this augmentation gains a slam attack that deals damage
    appropriate for its size (1d4 for most rust-risen). This arm
    can manipulate objects as well as a normal arm, but cannot
    be used to wield a weapon.
    Antifreeze: A rust-risen with this augmentation has an
    embedded series of tubes connected to a pump that keeps
    a chemical f lowing through its body, preventing ice from
    forming inside it. The rust-risen gains resistance 5 to cold.
    Arm Drill: A rust-risen with this augmentation has a
    deadly, spinning drill grafted onto its forearm. The rustrisen
    can use the drill to make a melee attack that deals
    1d6 points of bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
    Cling Hooks: A rust-risen with this augmentation has
    barbed hooks grafted into its arms and legs. The rust-risen
    gains a +4 racial bonus on Climb checks and a +4 racial bonus
    on combat maneuvers to grapple opponents.
    Cutting Arm: A rust-risen with this augmentation has one
    of its forearms replaced with a functional laser torch. The
    rust-risen deals 1d10 points of fire damage as a touch attack.
    This damage is not modified further by Strength. When
    the laser torch is used as a tool or as a weapon to sunder,
    damage dealt by it bypasses hardness up to 20 points and
    isn’t halved (as is normally the case for energy damage
    applied to objects) unless the object is fire resistant. A laser
    torch’s cutting beam passes through a force field and force
    effect without damaging that field. Invisible objects and
    creatures cannot be harmed by a laser torch.
    Eviscerator: A rust-risen with the eviscerator augmentation
    has a number of twisting blades, reciprocating saws, and
    spinning drills built into its chest. The rust-risen deals an
    additional 1d8 points of damage when grappling.
    Exsanguination Tubes: A rust-risen with exsanguination
    tubes can drain blood from creatures it has grappled. If
    the rust-risen establishes or maintains a pin, it bleeds the
    target, dealing 1 point of Constitution damage.
    Metal Jaw: A rust-risen with this augmentation has a
    metal jaw replacing its natural one. The rust-risen gains a
    bite attack that deals damage appropriate for its size (1d6
    points of damage for most rust-risen).
    Multi-tool: A rust-risen with this augmentation has at
    least one of its hands replaced with a variety of tools. The
    rust-risen gains a +4 competence bonus on Disable Device
    checks and is considered to be trained in that skill. The
    rust-risen also gains a +2 competence bonus on one specific
    Craft skill.
    Steel Clad: A rust-risen with this augmentation has sheets
    of metal riveted to is body. The rust-risen gains a +2 natural
    armor bonus.
    Tripod: A rust-risen with this augmentation has an
    additional mechanical leg. The rust-risen gains a +2 bonus
    to CMD against overrun and trip attempts and a +2 bonus
    on Acrobatics when moving on narrow surfaces or uneven
    ground. The rust-risen isn’t considered f lat-footed nor does
    it lose its Dexterity bonus to AC when using Acrobatics in
    this way.

Any suggestions on that kind of template?
    Last edited by Hazeeb; 2017-12-06 at 07:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

What happens if someone goes in a rebirthing chamber and survive the damage per round for the whole duration of 1d4 days?
    I really wonder.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

In my mind (at least for this world's purpose) they aren't genetically compatible. Thus, if they don't make a hasty escape, they get vivisected to understand why and then turned into a servitor zombie by Mechaicum cyber surgeons. That mass +2 inherated bonus will be knocked down to a +1 since this is a BAd outcome more than a good one.

Those who do will come out with no legs and are considered prime material for skitarii conversion. They lose any monstrous traits and become "human" for the purposes of stats, though they may retain things like skin color or small traits that aren't scar material. They will get cut into by the cyber surgeons and turned into the crimson cloaked soldiers of the Mechanicum.

Ooh at some point I wonder if I could run a campaign off that idea alone. Maybe a one shot that follows some captures slaved being liquefied and rebuilt, then being sent into battle.
    Last edited by Hazeeb; 2017-12-05 at 03:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

"Help me stat the skitarii!"
    "Okay, here, have a bunch of techpriests!"
    "No, no, the skitarii!"
    "Okay, how about some servitors? I'll even throw in some kastellans!"
    "..."
    "Okay, okay, here's some skitarii:"

Skitarius, CR 2 or 3, XP 600 or 800
    Skitarius Trench Fighter 2
    LN Medium Humanoid (Half-Construct, Human, Skitarius) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +3, Senses perception +4**
    DEFENCE
    AC 17, touch 13, FF 17 (+4 armour, +2 dex, +1 deflect)
    HP 2d10+4 (15 hp)
    Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +0
    Defensive Abilities Bravery +1, Half-Construct Traits
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Improvised Greatclub +3 (1d10+1)
    Ranged Galvanic Rifle +5 (2d10 *3) or Radium Carbine +5/+5 (2d8 *3) or Arc Rifle +5 (6d6) or Plasma Caliver +5 ranged touch (6d6) or supercharged Plasma Caliver +5 ranged touch (4d10), or Transuranic Arquebus +5 (6d6)
    Special Attacks -
    STATISTICS
    Str 12 Dex 17 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 10 Cha 8
    Base Atk +2 CMB +3 CMD 16
    Feats Catch Off-GuardB, Oathbound*, Point Blank ShotB
    Skills Climb +5, Craft (Mechanical) +5 (+7 metal or stone), Knowledge (Engineering) +6, Perception +4**, Survival +4, Swim +5
    SQ Master Tinker, Omnispex/Enhanced Data-Tether, Rad-Saturation

**Perception isn't a class skill for fighters, but it should be, so the value here is calculated as though Paizo knew what they were doing.

Weapons
    A skitarius is either a Skitarius Ranger, in which case he generally carries a galvanic rifle, or a Skitarius Vanguard, in which case he usually carries a radium carbine. In either case, the weapon can be used as an improvised greatclub (at no penalty due to the Catch Off-Guard feat) without risking its structural integrity. The galvanic rifle has a range increment of 40 feet to the radium carbine's 20.

In a squad of 4 rangers and a ranger alpha, or a squad of 4 vanguards and a vanguard alpha, up to two skitarii may replace their galvanic rifle or radium carbine with an arc rifle, plasma caliver or transuranic arquebus. In a squad of 9 skitarii and a skitarius alpha, 3 skitarii can choose this option. Equipping themselves with these weapons actually increases their challenge rating by 1 due to the weapon's extreme power, and the Adeptus Mechanicus doesn't equip them with these weapons lightly - squadless skitarii aren't found with these weapons in general. A squad of 5 is exactly CR 7 without them, and slightly over CR 7 with them. A squad of 10 is CR 9 with exactly one special weapon. In any case, the divergences are only a comparatively small amount of experience.

An arc rifle has a range increment of 30 feet. It deals double damage to vehicles and ignores the hardness of vehicles. A plasma caliver has a range increment of 20 feet. It can be overcharged to deal extra damage as noted above, but on an attack roll of 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, the wielder dies (though the attack is resolved normally if it still somehow hits). A transuranic arquebus cannot be fired if the wielder moved that turn, nor can the wielder move that turn if he fired the transuranic arquebus, but the target cannot claim cover from other creatures. Its range increment is 80 feet.

Bravery
    A skitarius gets a +1 bonus to fear-related will saves, for all that that's worth.

Oathbound
    A skitarius' aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The skitarius gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Master Tinker
    Skitarii have racial proficiency in any weapon they crafted personally (as well as the skill bonuses listed above).

Omnispex or Enhanced Data-Tether
    In a squad of 5 or 10 skitarii (including a skitarius alpha), one of the non-alpha skitarii might carry one of these. If they carry an omnispex, then while they survive the squad's attacks ignore cover (though they must have line of effect to the target). If they have an enhanced data-tether, while they survive the entire squad re-rolls failed will saves.

Rad-Saturation
    Enemies get a -2 penalty to constitution while within 5 feet of one or more skitarius vanguards (not skitarius rangers).

Skitarius Alpha CR 3, XP 800
    Skitarius Trench Fighter 3
    LN Medium Humanoid (Half-Construct, Human, Skitarius) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +2, Senses perception +6**
    DEFENCE
    AC 17, touch 13, FF 17 (+4 armour, +2 dex, +1 deflect)
    HP 3d10+3 (19 hp)
    Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +1
    Defensive Abilities Bravery +1, Half-Construct Traits
    OFFENCE
    Speed 30 feet
    Melee Improvised Greatclub +2 (1d10+1) or Arc Maul +6 (4d6+3) or Power Sword +6 melee touch (2d6+3) or Taser Goad +6 (4d6+3 *3), plus Arc Pistol +5 (4d6+2) or Phosphor Blast Pistol +5 (3d6+2) or Radium Pistol +5 (2d6+2 *4)
    Ranged Galvanic Rifle +5 (2d10+2 *3) or Radium Carbine +5/+5 (2d8+2 *3) or Arc Pistol +5 (4d6+2) or Phosphor Blast Pistol +5 (3d6+2) or Radium Pistol +5 (2d6+2 *4)
    Special Attacks -
    STATISTICS
    Str 17 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 13 Wis 10 Cha 8
    Base Atk +3 CMB +6 CMD 18
    Feats Heroic Surge*, Oathbound*, Point Blank ShotB, Two-Weapon FightingB
    Skills Climb +7, Craft (Mechanical) +5 (+7 metal or stone), Knowledge (Engineering) +6, Perception +6**, Survival +5, Swim +7
    SQ Master Tinker, Trench Warfare, Rad-Saturation

Weapons
    A skitarius alpha is either a skitarius ranger, in which case he is equipped with a galvanic rifle, or is a skitarius vanguard, in which case he is armed with a radium carbine. Either weapon can be used as an improvised greatclub. However, the vast majority of alphas swap this weapon for a pistol, and almost all take an arc maul, power sword or taser goad. Galvanic rifles and radium carbines are described in the Skitarius weapon details.

An arc maul or arc pistol deals double damage to vehicles and ignores the hardness of vehicles. A phosphor blast pistol ignores cover (but not line of effect). All three pistols have a range increment of 20 feet.

If the Skitarius Alpha attacks with the melee weapon and pistol, remember to subtract 2 from the attack roll.
    Sidebar: What's a Pistol Anyway?

You'll have noticed that pistols, like the Macrostubber, Laspistol, Gamma Pistol, and the three pistols the Skitarius Alpha can choose, are listed as both melee and ranged weapons, with the exact same attack rolls and damage rolls, even on models with different strength and dexterity scores. Essentially, the pistol is calculated as a ranged weapon, but you can make melee attacks with it just fine. You can even power attack or cleave with it, if you have the feats! The only exception is that you cannot charge and make a pistol attack as your attack at the end of the charge.

In Warhammer 40,000, the rules for pistols in close combat have changed a lot over the editions, from the early rules of treating it as a combat attack at the pistol's strength, to the later rules of treating it as a combat attack with the wielder's primary weapon, to the newest rules where it's just an extra shooting attack. To line up with combat in Pathfinder, the oldest rules were chosen.
    Bravery
    A skitarius gets a +1 bonus to fear-related will saves, for all that that's worth.

Heroic Surge
    Once per day, a skitarius alpha can take an extra move or standard action in his turn.

Oathbound
    A skitarius' aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The skitarius gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Bravery

Master Tinker
    Skitarii have racial proficiency in any weapon they crafted personally (as well as the skill bonuses listed above).

Trench Warfare
    A skitarius alpha trains specifically to use the type of ranged weapon he's equipped with, which is responsible for the +2 damage bonus (the damage bonus is dexterity-based). He also gets an additional +2 bonus to AC from cover, in addition to the normal AC bonus of that cover.

Rad-Saturation
    Enemies get a -2 penalty to constitution while within 5 feet of one or more skitarius vanguards (not skitarius rangers). An alpha isn't figured separately - a creature within 5 feet of a vanguard alpha and another vanguard only takes a -2 penalty.

Sicarian Infiltrator, CR 3, XP 800
    Sicarian Sneak Attack Thug 3
    LN Large Humanoid (Human, Sicarian, Half-Construct, Giant) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +2, Senses perception +6
    DEFENCE
    AC 16, touch 12, FF 14 (+4 armour, +2 dex, +1 deflect, -1 size.)
    HP 3d10+6 (22 hp)
    Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1
    Defensive Abilities Bravery +1
    OFFENCE
    Speed 40 feet
    Melee Power Sword +2 melee touch (3d6+3) and Flechette Blaster +2/+2/+2 (2d6) or Taser Goad +2 (4d6+3 *3) and Stubcarbine +2/+2 (2d8)
    Ranged Flechette Blaster +4/+4/+4 (2d6) or Stubcarbine +4/+4 (2d8)
    Special Attacks Sneak Attack +2d6
    STATISTICS
    Str 15 Dex 14 Con 15 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 8
    Base Atk +3 CMB +9 CMD 21
    Feats Oathbound*, Two-weapon Fighting
    Skills Bluff +5, Climb +8, Craft (Mechanical) +5, Knowledge (Engineering) +7, Knowledge (Local) +5, Perception +6**, Sleight of Hand +6
    SQ Infiltrators, Neurostatic Aura

Weapons
    A sicarian wields either a stubcarbine and power sword or a flechette blaster and taser goad. The flechette blaster's range increment is 20 feet and the stubcarbine's is 30 feet.

Sneak Attack
    If a sicarian infiltrator catches an opponent unable to defend itself effectively from his attack, he can strike a vital spot for extra damage. The infiltrator’s attack deals extra damage anytime his target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the infiltrator flanks his target. This additional damage is 2d6 at 3rd level. Should the sicarian score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this additional damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (like a sap, whip, or unarmed strike), a sicarian infiltrator can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. He cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual –4 penalty.

The infiltrator must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. An infiltrator cannot use sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment.
    Sidebar: Sneak Attack Thugs.

A sneak attack thug is a concept borrowed from Dungeons and Dragons Revised Third Edition: sneak attack fighter and thug are both archetypes. All told, this just changes the bonus feats to sneak attack dice, removes some proficiencies the sicarian wasn't using anyway, and gives it more class skills and skill points per level. All of the effects of the two archetypes are included in the abilities above, so you don't need to worry too much about them.
    Oathbound
    A sicarian' aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The sicarian gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Bravery
    A sicarian gets a +1 bonus to fear-related will saves, for all that that's worth.

Infiltrators
    A sicarian infiltrator cannot be detected by an enemy by any means until the sicarian moves within 45 feet of an enemy or attacks, in which case the sicarian can be detected by enemies until it manages to flee the encounter entirely.

Neurostatic Aura
    Enemies within 15 feet of one or more sicarian infiltrators take a -2 penalty to wisdom.

Sicarian Ruststalker, CR 3, XP 800
    Sicarian Fighter 3
    LN Large Humanoid (Human, Sicarian, Half-Construct, Giant) [Adeptus Mechanicus]
    Init +1, Senses perception +6
    DEFENCE
    AC 15, touch 11, FF 14 (+4 armour, +1 dex, +1 deflect, -1 size.)
    HP 3d10+6 (22 hp)
    Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1
    Defensive Abilities Bravery +1
    OFFENCE
    Speed 40 feet
    Melee Chordclaw +4 (3d6 *4) and Transonic Razor (3d6 *3) or Transonic Blades +4/+4 (4d6+3 *3)
    Ranged -
    Special Attacks
    STATISTICS
    Str 17 Dex 13 Con 14 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 8
    Base Atk +3 CMB +10 CMD 21
    Feats Charge of the Righteous, Oathbound*, Two-Weapon DefenceB, Two-weapon FightingB
    Skills Climb +7, Craft (Mechanical) +5, Knowledge (Engineering) +7, Knowledge (Local) +5, Perception +6**
    SQ -

Weapons
    A sicarian ruststalker wields either a chordclaw and a transonic razor or two transonic blades. A leader of a ruststalker squad, called a princeps, wields a chordclaw and two transonic blades, although given only two hands the princeps can only wield two of the three weapons at once.

Oathbound
    A sicarian's aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The sicarian gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Bravery
    A sicarian gets a +1 bonus to fear-related will saves, for all that that's worth.

The vehicle rules can wait until next time I think.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2018-05-14 at 05:59 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Firstly you have my immense gratitude. You went above and beyond and gave me a ton of stats, but practically ready to play baddies. This is something I’ll be eagerly waiting to unleash on my players.

Second, with the low levels and easy profile you wrote up, I can tailor these as I explore my homebrew. Being low level means they can expand and becomes scarier AND level with the players. They are already enjoying themselves after one session and I’m about to add two more. Fantastic!

Third, this saved me so much wasted time. I’ve always been a good DM but stats rules are not a strength for me. Reaching out to experts and getting these results will have to be something I do more often. Thank you.

And yes, vehicles can wait. Since there are only a few (dunecrawler chicken walkers, and titan) that will be much easier. I’ll try to put together a dunecrawler and a war hound scout titan. Other vehicles and heavy items on my list:

Ironstrider/Dragoon
    Spoiler: Krios Battle Tank
    Show

Triaros APC
    Termite/mole/hellbore
    Tarantula
    Galvanic servohauler

No aircraft plans

Various knights
    The warhound
    The reaver
    (Nothing bigger)
    Last edited by Hazeeb; 2017-12-14 at 11:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

No worries - making stuff for other people is just what I do. I have a donation page if you want to support me, but mostly I'm just making this stuff because it's nice to help people.

Incidentally...

Their strengths comes from collecting data and implementing stratagems to most deadly effect.
    If you really want to overplay this, and if you want something for high levels, you can step outside the AdMech:

Vanus Assassin, CR 20, XP 307,200
    Assassin Vanus Assassin 20
    LE Medium Humanoid (Human, Assassin) [Clade Vanus, Officio Assassinorum]
    Init +7, Senses Scanner systems, perception +31
    DEFENCE
    AC 33, touch 31, FF never (+2 armour, +7 dex, +6 dodge, +8 insight)
    HP 20d8+100 (190 hp)
    Fort +17, Ref +27, Will +21
    Defensive Abilities Insightful Defences, Impossible Reactions, Improved Evasion
    OFFENCE
    Speed 60 feet
    Melee Cogitator Gauntlet +19/+14/+9 (2d6+4)
    Ranged Electropulse Projector +22/+17/+12 (3d6 electricity)
    Special Attacks Incite
    STATISTICS
    Str 18 Dex 24 Con 20 Int 50 Wis 26 Cha 38
    Base Atk +15 CMB +19 CMD +34
    Feats Associate (Officio Assassinorum), False Trail, Fleet of Foot*, Frightful Presence*, Heroic Surge*, Hide-Out, Oathbound*, Robot's Bane, Run, Sycophant
    Skills Acrobatics +30, Bluff +62, Climb +27, Craft (Mechanical) +43, Diplomacy +62, Disable Device +43, Disguise +32, Escape Artist +30, Intimidate +62, Knowledge (All) +43, Perception +31, Perform (Oratory) +32, Profession (Driver) +31, Profession (Pilot) +31, Sense Motive +61, Sleight of Hand +30, Stealth +30, Survival +31, Swim +27
    Languages All
    SQ Infiltrator, Elite Creature, Pass Without Trace, Never Surprised

Scanner Systems
    A vanus assassin has the ability to discern the exact location of objects and creatures in the area around them. The vanus assassin has blindsight 1 mile, except that it ignores line of effect

Electropulse Projector
    The range increment of the electropulse projector is 30 feet.

Insightful Defences
    A vanus assassin adds their wisdom bonus as an insight bonus to armour class, reflex saves, and combat maneuver defence.

Impossible Reactions
    A vanus assassin gets a +6 dodge bonus to AC. In addition, the vanus assassin has a 50% chance to dodge any attack outright, as well as benefitting from whatever miss chance it might already get.

Improved Evasion
    A vanus assassin who passes a reflex save against an effect which would normally allow half damage on a successful save takes no damage instead; one who fails the save takes half damage.

Fleet of Foot
    When running or charging, the vanus can change direction once during the movement, of 90 degrees or less.

Frightful Presence
    Once per round as a free action, the vanus can attempt to frighten enemies. Anyone within 10 feet of the vanus must take a will save (DC 29) or become shaken for 1d6+9 rounds. The save DC and duration are charisma-based. Each creature who passes the save is immune for 24 hours.

Heroic Surge
    Up to five times per day, but no more than once per round, a vanus can take an additional move or standard action.

Oathbound
    A vanus' aid another attempts in favour of another creature allied to the Imperium of Man (Such as the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Astra Militarium, Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Adeptus Custodes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Divisio Investigates (Sisters of Silence), Questors Imperialis (Imperial Knights), Officio Assassinorum, Ordo Hereticus, Ordo Malleus, Ordo Sicarius and Ordo Xenos) grant a +3 bonus instead of a +2. The assassin gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls against creatures who do not have this allegiance.

Incite
    "The cleanest kill is one that another performs in your stead with no knowledge of your involvement."
    Fon Tariel, Vanus Assassin.

A vanus assassin's skill at inciting and manipulating people is legendary. The vanus gets a +30 competence bonus to bluff, diplomacy, intimidate and sense motive checks. Further, the vanus can incite uprisings or manipulate individuals to their ends - or at least, the Emperor's ends. By making an inspiring speech, the vanus can sow doubt and fear in people, and lead them to rise up against the status quo. The immediate effect of this is up to the DM, but by making a number of checks of each of bluff, diplomacy, intimidate and perform (oratory) over as many days, the vanus may have it culminate in a riot consisting of a number of creatures up to a fifth of the total check result (usually a fifth of 4d20+218 [average 52] per day). Over the days before the riot there is a mood of growing discontent, which subsides with no riot if the vanus is forced to flee. The vanus doesn't need to choose how many checks to make when starting, but needs to choose at the beginning of each day whether or not there will be a riot at the end of it.

In addition, the vanus can manipulate creatures to follow a course of action suggested by the vanus, much like a suggestion spell except that the DC is 29 (charisma-based) and that the ability is extraordinary.

The vanus can quickly gain familiarity with the workings of mechanical or administrative systems, so they can always manipulate them to appear to give a certain order or reading.

Infiltrator
    A vanus assassin cannot be detected by an enemy by any means until the vanus moves within 45 feet of an enemy or attacks, in which case the vanus can be detected by enemies until they manage to flee the encounter entirely.

Elite Creature
    An elite creature has several abilities and immunities which prevent it from being defeated with a single lucky attack. It is immune to any ability which would kill it outright - even if it is not a death effect - and all mind-affecting abilities. It may pay one tenth of its maximum hit points to avoid the effect of an attack or ability, but cannot avoid damage in this way. Any ability which would affect it over any duration longer than a round is limited to a single round instead. Finally, no single attack can deal more than one quarter of the creature's maximum hit points in damage to the creature.

Pass Without Trace
    A vanus assassin cannot be tracked by any means.

Never Surprised
    A vanus assassin is never surprised or flat-footed. The vanus therefore cannot be sneak attacked and always acts in the surprise round, if there is one.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

This assassin is extremely deadly.
    But not in a fight.
    But will it ever need to fight when it have Knowledge(all),incite,infiltrator and scanner systems?
    It is probably a cr 20 encounter to find it.
    Since if there is divination spells he probably would get some item of mind blank.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Or perhaps magic is the key. All the techno advances of such a creature should leave it vulnerable to the mystical. Remember, there's always a bigger fish.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Or perhaps magic is the key. All the techno advances of such a creature should leave it vulnerable to the mystical. Remember, there's always a bigger fish.
    Sorry but I did reread infiltrator.
    It would protect also against divination since he "cannot be detected by an enemy by any means until the vanus moves within 45 feet of an enemy or attacks"
    So magic would not find it unless you can somehow force it to come within 45 feet of one of his enemies or make it attack and usually that kind of stuff can only be done on stuff you detected or for people of which you know the existence.
    I now imagine an assassin who becomes vecna blooded every day.
    That could be epic.