New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Everyone have their 3D glasses on? Wouldn't want to miss the big event today. First showing starts in 28 minutes!
    ....Huh?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Hm. Nick, Terry, perhaps you two could collaborate? Considering the nature of things, after all. Terry could definitely help so that scenes with Aya aren't Nick having to double post, or make humongous posts that are both Aya and Takeshi. Imperfect, but a possible solution nonetheless.
    This actually sounds like a good idea, and I'd endorse it.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Barbarian in the Playground

....Huh?
    At 6 PM May 21, 2011 the world is supposed to end. In 14 minutes is when Fiji will be at 6 PM May 21, 2011. The first country to be at that specific time.

So maybe sunglasses are more appropriate.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

At 6 PM May 21, 2011 the world is supposed to end. In 14 minutes is when Fiji will be at 6 PM May 21, 2011. The first country to be at that specific time.

So maybe sunglasses are more appropriate.
    Oh. That. Meh. Heard about it. Don't think that's when the world ends.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Alrighty then.

I'll go respond to Keveak so that poor Alice isn't left hanging. Gimme a sec to read Takeshi's pro-

Innis deleted Takeshi's profile. So give me a few minutes to rip it from the wiki.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Oh. That. Meh. Heard about it. Don't think that's when the world ends.
    The old guy says it's 5 months after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Alrighty then.

I'll go respond to Keveak so that poor Alice isn't left hanging. Gimme a sec to read Takeshi's pro-

Innis deleted Takeshi's profile. So give me a few minutes to rip it from the wiki.
    Was i ever even on the Wiki? And if it was, after the "scrub" he did, would he leave it there?

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The old guy says it's 5 months after this.
    I tend to stick to the idea that no man (or woman) knows the Year, Month, Day, Hour, or Minute, and leave it at that.

Was i ever even on the Wiki? And if it was, after the "scrub" he did, would he leave it there?
    There's enough there. I was gonna grab it, but Terry's got it covered.

8. - Top - End - #1388

Alright, think I got Takeshi's profile.

Anything I may have missed?

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

This place is confusing now. I can't find some of the posts that are being quoted. Can someone explain to me what happened while I was sleeping? From about 8 hours ago... on?

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    This place is confusing now. I can't find some of the posts that are being quoted. Can someone explain to me what happened while I was sleeping? From about 8 hours ago... on?
    In brief and in general, there was some debate over potential power-ups Takeshi was investigating. Disagreement occurred, and Takeshi's original player has decided to leave the game; posts are missing due to (apparent) voluntary deletion on the poster's part. We are currently working on keeping the overall Kido Corps Defection plot going, albeit with Terry and Nick in the lead.

Beyond that, we've had some small plot movements here and there in the various threads.

11. - Top - End - #1391

For the record, Karite's Vizardness was argued for at least three OOC threads.

And he's still got a power limiter. This says something about why Innis' foreshadowing a turncoat Captain becoming a Vizard was shot down in about three minutes.

Hannibal. And Karite only has it now. There's been no talk of it being permanent.

I did nothing but answer the question posed with criticisms that we've held up since the beginning of the game. The narrative is important, but so is fair balance. I don't see how anyone has been throwing around insults, name-calling, or passive-aggressive BS, but damn right I'm going to be critical of everything when it deems fit.

I'm not going to roll over, just like Innis said he won't, and anyone else for that matter. I am not against any ideas, but I am critical of all of them, and that's the kind of heat that is needed to forge a good RP.

It might seem a bit tense in here at times but if we're all willing to work together and make sacrifices where necessary (that is the whole point of balancing) then ultimately it won't matter.

I hope this isn't distressing or offputting, Keveak, or anyone else for that matter but I don't see how anything I've or the handful of critics have done that should be so offensive. I have been as reasonable as I possibly can.
    If balance was such an issue when did it become a good idea to let two more Commander-teir characters float around?

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you mean by his original player?

Not that it's being played by somebody else, I hope? That seems amazingly disrespectful.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

What do you mean by his original player?

Not that it's being played by somebody else, I hope? That seems amazingly disrespectful.
    The original player abandoned the character mid-stream, in the middle of a plot that involved multiple other players. It's an awkward situation, but frankly, to not completely derail the character arcs of several other people, we're keeping the plot going. It's not perfect, but it's where we are.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Dwarf in the Playground

The original player abandoned the character mid-stream, in the middle of a plot that involved multiple other players. It's an awkward situation, but frankly, to not completely derail the character arcs of several other people, we're keeping the plot going. It's not perfect, but it's where we are.
    There are ways to do that without doing what seems like stealing another person's intellectual property, though, aren't there?

Lead characters for storylines are often killed off abruptly. The plot usually takes a different turn, or an underlying plot is revealed. There's even a term for it, in some circles. It's called being "Jossed."

I feel pretty shaky about the prospect of joining a game, when I know the other players may just ignore me and my wishes, and take the things I worked hard to write and accomplish for themselves, if I should ever decide to take a hiatus from the game on less than stellar terms.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2011-05-21 at 01:45 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395

There are ways to do that without doing what seems like stealing another person's intellectual property, though, aren't there?

Lead characters for storylines are often killed off abruptly. The plot usually takes a different turn, or an underlying plot is revealed. There's even a term for it, in some circles. It's called being "Jossed."

I feel pretty shaky about the prospect of joining a game, when I know the other players may just ignore me and my wishes, and take the things I worked hard to write and accomplish for themselves, if I should ever decide to take a hiatus from the game on less than stellar terms.
    He deleted several posts, and his last post for that character was:

"Takeshi commits seppuku. End of Kido Corps Revolt Plot."

That is not Jossing. That isn't even Dropped A Bridge On Him. There isn't a word for that at all.

Besides, he left before on less than stellar terms, and we were fine with it, and asked to NPC, and when he refused, we complied.

This is a completely different situation.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    See berry's answer for that. I would give the job to Nicklance.

Btw Nick, Cuerva can still relly on a good portion of the Old Palacio Uno for her business. While it is now connected to the Palacio Real it is still Palacio Uno and hers.

The Ciudad baja also offers a lot in terms of formation and training grounds.
    Alrighty, cool. In fact this is fun. Imagine the Cuerva going about her business while wearing a yellow construction hat! So cute

I um

I kinda wanna play Takeshi. I haven't gotten my villain kick running for a good long time, and I feel like playing around with the borderline schizophrenic would help me get back into shape.

Innis, stop being a child. You're cutting off plots we find interesting, and you did it in a childish way.
    Hm. Nick, Terry, perhaps you two could collaborate? Considering the nature of things, after all. Terry could definitely help so that scenes with Aya aren't Nick having to double post, or make humongous posts that are both Aya and Takeshi. Imperfect, but a possible solution nonetheless.

That is not Jossing. That isn't even Dropped A Bridge On Him. There isn't a word for that at all.

Besides, he left before on less than stellar terms, and we were fine with it, and asked to NPC, and when he refused, we complied.

While I do not mind a collaboration, I've received word from Innis that I have sole permission to run Takeshi.

But when it comes to parts with Takeshi and Aya, I'll rely on Draken or someone else who wishes to volunteer to run those parts to avoid awkwardness.

How's that sound?
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-21 at 02:08 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

17. - Top - End - #1397

It's still blatantly ignoring the writers' wishes. If Tite Kubo stopped writing BLEACH and asked that all things related to it were no longer used, would we ignore that as well for he sake of the story?

You can say it's different but it's not. We're continuing a story that was left by it's own writer in order to further our own goals. If you're so eager to speak against him, then surely you should be able to bring just as much to the story without ripping from his work. I'd take a look at the number of people who have left with or without explanations, and the number of people who came back at least seemingly directly because of Innis. You're so eager to say that he's detracting from what seems to be your story that you forget that you've also been trying to get people to join.

I can guarantee the way to get a larger number of participants is not to tell them what they can't do. If you ask me the same thing happened with Boo and Himura Michiko. Poor Frozen's going to be half the cast soon, and he's pointed out that he's not enjoying all the extra workload. You've been blatantly disregarding the wishes of the writers and plot makers in your effort to "better the story".

This is all I have to say. Not pointing fingers or trying to make anyone feel bad about their actions. It's a wake up call.

Edit: And there is a word for that, or rather two: Fed up.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-21 at 02:09 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Dwarf in the Playground

I disagree completely. It looks like this situation is being approached from an entrenched perspective. What happened here is that a long-term player left the game while angry, and made a very succinct post to illustrate his point. You may not agree with his wishes, but they're still his own, and the work that he put into his character is the same.

Rather than ignore him, has someone considered talking to Innis and asking him if he'll edit his post so that when his character dies, there's something more to it? He may have made a final decision to leave, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to have a grumpy attitude about it. I've had the opportunity to speak with several players from this particular game, and it seems to me like they're all writers of at least competent quality, so handling an issue like this should be a cake walk for anyone involved.

I just have to stress that this probably isn't a good idea. I've personally taken this sort of course of action with players and their characters three times in the last eleven years, and it has come back to bite me and everyone involved in one fashion or another, every time. I've also gone the other way, though, and that time it turned out to be one of the best and most successful writing experiences I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. I propose a motion that a better option or avenue be explored.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2011-05-21 at 02:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1399

I disagree completely. It looks like this situation is being approached from an entrenched perspective. What happened here is that a long-term player left the game while angry, and made a very succinct post to illustrate his point. You may not agree with his wishes, but they're still his own, and the work that he put into his character is the same.

Rather than ignore him, has someone considered talking to Innis and asking him if he'll edit his post so that when his character dies, there's something more to it? He may have made a final decision to leave, but that doesn't mean that everyone needs to have a grumpy attitude about it. I've had the opportunity to speak with several players from this particular game, and it seems to me like they're all writers of at least competent quality, so handling an issue like should be a cake walk for anyone involved.

I just have to stress that this probably isn't a good idea. I've personally taken this sort of course of action with players and their characters three times in the last eleven years, and it has come back to bite me and everyone involved in one fashion or another, every time. I've also gone the other way, though, and that time it turned out to be one of the best and most successful writing experiences I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. I propose a motion that a better option or avenue be explored.
    *tears up* Someone might think I'm competent!

Also, very well stated. The force is strong in this one.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pardon my impetuousness, but I have followed Innis' permission of running his character and carrying on with a small bit of post to keep his side of the plot moving.

Hopefully I can live up to the high hopes of everyone
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, in light of this event, allow me to propose a draft of a new rule.

Should there be a heated disagreement of any kind about a character, all involved parties should postpone discussing the matter until a day after the heated disagreement started. That way, it allows both parties enough time to take a step back, think from a rational standpoint, and then come back to the discussion with a clear head.

Sound good?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Okay, in light of this event, allow me to propose a draft of a new rule.

Should there be a heated disagreement of any kind about a character, all involved parties should postpone discussing the matter until a day after the heated disagreement started. That way, it allows both parties enough time to take a step back, think from a rational standpoint, and then come back to the discussion with a clear head.

Sound good?
    As with communism, your proposal looks good. On paper. In practice, doing what you've suggested doesn't usually turn out much better than what just happened, anyway. It often helps more to find a neutral or even-keeled party to moderate the event and handle it as it comes.

This happens because very few people have the ability to be perfectly rational when they feel they've been slighted or wronged, even months or years after the event. I know I sure don't, and I've often been the moderator for these kinds of things. Sorry

23. - Top - End - #1403

A wonderful idea, newly formed.

Innis changes his last post so that Takshi completely goes off the radar, using a garganta to go who knows where. This allows a character created by Nicklance to take the place as the new Kido fugitive leader, and also allows Aya some interesting character openings as well.

Terry as well could make a character to co-lead with Nick, and we no longer have to offend anyone's sense of ownership or have Innis leave on such bad terms. I believe this to be a better idea all around than giving control of Takeshi to someone (really no offense, Nicklance) who isn't as finely in touch with him as a character. Innis clearly has a sense of ownership for the little guy, and only he can truly bring his vision the glory he expects there to be. Everyone wins, or at least comes out even.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Innis changes his last post so that Takshi completely goes off the radar, using a garganta to go who knows where. This allows a character created by Nicklance to take the place as the new Kido fugitive leader, and also allows Aya some interesting character openings as well.

Terry as well could make a character to co-lead with Nick, and we no longer have to offend anyone's sense of ownership or have Innis leave on such bad terms. I believe this to be a better idea all around than giving control of Takeshi to someone (really no offense, Nicklance) who isn't as finely in touch with him as a character. Innis clearly has a sense of ownership for the little guy, and only he can truly bring his vision the glory he expects there to be. Everyone wins, or at least comes out even.
    Here's a spoiler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Takeshi died.

Someone else is carrying the heart and soul of Takeshi on.

So yes. There's already a new leader out there. There's a reason for the Mask. Make that 2 reasons.

Terry can create a 'right hand person' for 'Takeshi'. I'll run the plot with him.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #1405

Bolded for emphasis. I think it would be better for him to disappear, that way no one has to have their toes stepped on. And if our ever mercurial friend Innis may one day want to come back, he'll have a character and possible new insight and plots. Shunning and possibly slighting a comrade isn't going to make anything better.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bolded for emphasis. I think it would be better for him to disappear, that way no one has to have their toes stepped on. And if our ever mercurial friend Innis may one day want to come back, he'll have a character and possible new insight and plots. Shunning and possibly slighting a comrade isn't going to make anything better.
    I talked with Nick about it. I nominate him, you and Drammor to take over the plot. Hadrian is involved in it already or he'd be number 1. I am quite certain I will not return this time and even if I do I can make a new character surely. I've got plenty of idea's left in the noggin after all. Hell, I made the first full bring almost a year before Tite did. How's that for awesome?

As it stands though, I have no interest in returning to this game and this is truly my last post in this OOC so that every player can see what I have discussed with Nicklance. I do not think Terry has the ability to carry this plot forward with any reasonable expectations but I do feel the four people I named above do, and together will do a far better job then I could. I regret my actions, but I won't ask forgiveness for them because we all know I meant every word of it. To those few, I am sure we can put this behind us as how life happens and sometime in the future meet up and do something without the strings and petty aggression that plauges this game yet.

To the rest...meh, nothing to lose really. A long list could be formed of people you've driven off, good people and good storytellers all. You've been a greater dis-service to this game then any little spat ever was, and while I won't be so rude to tell you that you should be ashamed I hope you learn to let your anger go because in the end, it doesn't help anything. If you want this game to actually work, let people do what they want and stop trying to be the owners and controllers of this game. It died once, and if you keep it up it'll die again and if and when it does, there are more then enough of the people who actually know how to pen a good story waiting to come back and start it all over again. Judging by the week I was here, I can say without humility that it will last much longer then Bleach Reborn did.

Love and peace,
    Kyle
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As per Innis' wishes, Takeshi is dead. I have taken the mask theme and taken it one solid step forward.

In one stroke, I have attempted to accomplish these following objectives.

1) Let Takeshi die (circumstances unknown, as fitting for a mystery)

2) Have another character lead the rebellion still, but carrying on Takeshi's personality, power, face, etc for continuity. (Using the Mask theme, which itself is an object of power)

3) Allowed the Samsara plot to have an extra foothold to move onto.

4) Carried on the "plot against Seireitei" sort of theme that is ongoing since Takeshi originally led the revolt.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-21 at 02:58 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #1408

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    As per Innis' wishes, Takeshi is dead. I have taken the mask theme and taken it one solid step forward.

In one stroke, I have attempted to accomplish these following objectives.

1) Let Takeshi die (circumstances unknown, as fitting for a mystery)

2) Have another character lead the rebellion still, but carrying on Takeshi's personality, power, face, etc for continuity. (Using the Mask theme, which itself is an object of power)

3) Allowed the Samsara plot to have an extra foothold to move onto.

4) Carried on the "plot against Seireitei" sort of theme that is ongoing since Takeshi originally led the revolt.
    Idea.

Give me thirty minutes to figure out a way to retcon continuity itself.

And then some.

EDIT: And it appears Innis was running with pretty much the same idea I had. Albeit slightly different, and giving me access to multiple new ideas.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-21 at 03:44 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Idea.

Give me thirty minutes to figure out a way to retcon continuity itself.

And then some.

EDIT: And it appears Innis was running with pretty much the same idea I had. Albeit slightly different, and giving me access to multiple new ideas.
    Oh by the way, Innis really wants Takeshi dead. So let us steer away from the "bring him back" plot lines. Wearing his skin is skirting his wishes enough.

But yeah, I'm very interested in seeing your other ideas.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

So... everything is working out, now?