New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Marcus shudders as he imagines what could have happened had the balls been opened. He'd known Jamba was a terrorist organization but, somehow, knowing what they were capable of made it far more real.

And Augustus! While he'd seemed so happy before, the anger there almost made him feel pity for Djinni. Almost.

"Thank you!" the boy says happily as he recieves the Egg, carefully grabbing it. The boy can't help but laugh with Augustus at the challenge, even though he was already tearing through his mind to try to figure out what species it belonged to.

"Sorry to be rude, but do you have anything else you need us for?" Marcus asks with an apologetic grin. "I should probably go say bye to my parents at some point, although I might leave out the getting stabbed part..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming new Scene, so Chronicler on Augustus!

Also, Pokemon Education to ID the Egg: (3d6)[16]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thistle smiled to himself eagerly as Adam went into position for the next part of their plan; the boy taking aim for a moment, winding up and then loosing Thistle at the wounded Chespin like a fast ball!

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle: HP (45/45); Evasion (Physical 3, Special 3); Initiative 4
    *Hasn't Acted yet.
    *Tossed at S1

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (3/5)
    *Standard Action: Struggle Attack; Thrown Object at S1
    **AC4: (1d20+1)[15] (+1 AP)
    **Damage: (1d8+18)[23](DB 1d8+6+12ATK);

I'll determine the rest of my actions based on whether or not S1 is still up after the toss.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

All the color seems to drain out of Dominic's face as he sees that it's his dad on the stretcher. "Dad?" He scrambles towards the door, trying to follow them into the ICU. "DAD!"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus shudders as he imagines what could have happened had the balls been opened. He'd known Jamba was a terrorist organization but, somehow, knowing what they were capable of made it far more real.

And Augustus! While he'd seemed so happy before, the anger there almost made him feel pity for Djinni. Almost.

"Thank you!" the boy says happily as he recieves the Egg, carefully grabbing it. The boy can't help but laugh with Augustus at the challenge, even though he was already tearing through his mind to try to figure out what species it belonged to.

"Sorry to be rude, but do you have anything else you need us for?" Marcus asks with an apologetic grin. "I should probably go say bye to my parents at some point, although I might leave out the getting stabbed part..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming new Scene, so Chronicler on Augustus!

Also, Pokemon Education to ID the Egg: [roll0]
    The gym leader smiled his enormous smile and nodded. That might be a good thing to forget to mention. Your parents won't want to let you go anymore than they already do. But no, I don't have anything more for you. Take the night off and get some rest. You have quite the journey ahead of you.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Thistle smiled to himself eagerly as Adam went into position for the next part of their plan; the boy taking aim for a moment, winding up and then loosing Thistle at the wounded Chespin like a fast ball!

Spoiler
    Show

*Hasn't Acted yet.
    *Tossed at S1

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (3/5)
    *Standard Action: Struggle Attack; Thrown Object at S1
    **AC4: [roll0] (+1 AP)
    **Damage: [roll1](DB 1d8+6+12ATK);

I'll determine the rest of my actions based on whether or not S1 is still up after the toss.
    The spearow fell to the ground with a cry, crashing into the bushes while thistle was still suspended in midair.

Spoiler
    Show
    you're still up!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    All the color seems to drain out of Dominic's face as he sees that it's his dad on the stretcher. "Dad?" He scrambles towards the door, trying to follow them into the ICU. "DAD!"
    One of the nurses block your way from entering, holding you back if need be. I'm sorry - he said, But even if you were his son I can't let you in. Let the doctors do their work and he'll have the best chance of recovering. You'll just distract the people attempting to save him. If you'd like to wait in the room, we'll give you updates, but first I need your license so we can verify that yo're related by blood.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus thanks Augustus and gets up to leave, before remembering something.

"Oh, Puck, here," Marcus says, scribbling down his Pokegear number. "Call me in the morning if you want to go back out, alright?" Marcus says with a grin before leaving the Pokemon Center and beginning the walk home, perhaps going a little slower than he needed to.

It wasn't like there was much to look forward to there.

Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raymond didn't waste any time, setting his bag down and hurrying over to the table to take a seat. He began to pile food onto his plate, covering it in pork chops, mountains of mashed potatoes slathered in gravy, sweet potatoes, and, of course, those delicious looking peas. He managed to stop himself from just devouring it all immediately, knowing that his mother was curious about his day. So, he just started cutting up his pork chops into more manageable pieces.

"Well, I went to the Poke Center and met this girl. Her name's Yellow and she took me to go looking for wild pokemon. We ran into a pair of Pikachus. It was a tough fight, but Jasper came out on top. I didn't really want a Pikachu, but Yellow caught one for herself, so that's good. I'll try and get my chores done early tomorrow, Mom. I gotta get more practice in before I take the train to Central."
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Striking the bird Thistle bounced of it's frame with a squeel of glee followed by the pained squeak of it's platform, arcing into the air slightly before beginning it's meteoric descent through Spearow's back.

Spoiler
    Show

*Shift: Bounce from 013 to R12, and falling downwards one meters right through S1's square.
    *Standard Action: Rollout; S2
    **AC4: (1d20+2)[4] (+1 Focused Training, +1 AP)
    **Damage: (1d6+24)[27] Physical-Rock

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (2/5)
    *Shift Action: Quietly shift from O11 to Q11 while they're distracted with Thistle.
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-21 at 02:16 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

"That is my dad! He was out on an expedition! Here!" Dominic shoves his card at the nurse. "There, take it. It'll prove it!"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus thanks Augustus and gets up to leave, before remembering something.

"Oh, Puck, here," Marcus says, scribbling down his Pokegear number. "Call me in the morning if you want to go back out, alright?" Marcus says with a grin before leaving the Pokemon Center and beginning the walk home, perhaps going a little slower than he needed to.

It wasn't like there was much to look forward to there.
    Puck said that he would, and you headed home.

When you entered into your home's living room the first thing you saw was your father in his usual position: reclinging on the couch with a bag of chips at his side flipping through channels on the television.

He barely glanced at you before flipping the channel to 'Sharpedo Week' on the Pokemon Channel. Oh, there you are. There's a TV dinner in the fridge if you haven't eaten yet.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Raymond didn't waste any time, setting his bag down and hurrying over to the table to take a seat. He began to pile food onto his plate, covering it in pork chops, mountains of mashed potatoes slathered in gravy, sweet potatoes, and, of course, those delicious looking peas. He managed to stop himself from just devouring it all immediately, knowing that his mother was curious about his day. So, he just started cutting up his pork chops into more manageable pieces.

"Well, I went to the Poke Center and met this girl. Her name's Yellow and she took me to go looking for wild pokemon. We ran into a pair of Pikachus. It was a tough fight, but Jasper came out on top. I didn't really want a Pikachu, but Yellow caught one for herself, so that's good. I'll try and get my chores done early tomorrow, Mom. I gotta get more practice in before I take the train to Central."
    Your mother nods and sits at the table herself as your father walks in from outside to take a seat at the table. Your mother told me what happened today. Congratulations son! Its an important first step, and both your mother and I can garuntee that your future will be anything but boring.

Your mother nodded in agreement as she chewed on a piece of steak. Don't shrink from capturing things you don't liek though honey she advised. It's good experience, and you can always trade for something you prefer more, and the gyms are always willing to pay good money so they keep their gym pokemon - including starters - in good variety.

But don't worry about it too much son. There's still something gained for a good old fashioned battle.

Oh, and he told me that he was taking the train Arnold. That'll be a good experience for him
    Do you remember the time we went together?
    I do! Oh honey, don't forget to visit the dining car on your journey. They can sell wonderful snacks that work wonders with pokemon!

Your parents continued to drown you in advice, and you could barely get a word in edgewise. They meant well however, simply being excited for their son to start a journey that they had gone through so long age.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-21 at 03:07 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

Striking the bird Thistle bounced of it's frame with a squeel of glee followed by the pained squeak of it's platform, arcing into the air slightly before beginning it's meteoric descent through Spearow's back.

Spoiler
    Show

*Shift: Bounce from 013 to R12, and falling downwards one meters right through S1's square.
    **AC4: (2d6+8)[17] (+1 Focused Training, +1 AP)
    **Damage: (1d8+8)[14] Physical-Rock

Adam: HP (54/54); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (2/5)
    *Shift Action: Quietly shift from O11 to Q11 while they're distracted with Thistle.
    Just like a meteorite, Thistle's landing was anything but soft as he crashed into the ground. The Spearow capitalized on the rough landing to divebomb the Chespin with its sharp beak.

Spoiler
    Show

First off, falling damage:

(2d6+8)[17] typeless physical falling damage. Additionally, Thistle gains 3 injuries from the fall
    However, if Thistle passes a DC 12 acrobatics check, this damage is reduced to (1d8+8)[14] and 2 injuries.

Spearow uses Peck!
    AC 2 [roll]1d20[roll]
    Physical Flying Damage (2d6+25)[32], on crit (2d6+8)[13]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

"That is my dad! He was out on an expedition! Here!" Dominic shoves his card at the nurse. "There, take it. It'll prove it!"
    The man quickly scanned your card. Indeed you are, and I'm sorry for your loss. This must be very painful for you, the nurse said in an empathetic voice. But I still can't let you go in. Just let the doctors do your job and we'll keep you updated. They say that he's got a shot, so don't give up hope yet.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raymond was a little overwhelmed by all of the advice and information his parents were giving him, but he did his best to listen and commit it all to memory. Of course, he did this while quickly eating, wanting to clear his plate for seconds. The day's events had taken a lot out of him despite him not really doing all that much. After all, it was Jasper who had been fighting the fights, Ray had just been giving the little Joltik suggestions.

However, once he finished his meal, he was feeling stuffed and exhausted. Raymond took his plate to the sink, cleaning it before putting it away, "I think I'm gonna go to bed now. I wanna get an early start on things."

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

16. - Top - End - #286
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Well, the man replied We take the liquid inside the vial and combine it with earthblood to make an ochre, which we will then paint onto your pokemon. From there, it is but a simple spell to attach the move to your pokemon. The process usually takes an hour and a half, as there are many steps and the spell itself takes time to prepare and apply.
    All of the ingredients that he describes are gibberish to Angus's simple ears. If there is one thing that Angus has inherited from his father, it's a distrust of magic. His uneasiness is apparent as he asks, "Do these steps include benedictions from a priest on behalf of Mew? To make the ceremony holy?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic just yells. "WHat happened?! They were just going to some old ruins!"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks," Marcus says, taking off his shoes and heading into the kitchen, mulling over the best way to tell his dad and, more importantly, how would he respond? He knew his father had been a Trainer once, but must not have done much with it, judging by how little he talked about it.

After pressing a few buttons on the microwave and getting his dinner started Marcus walks out, leaning against the kitchen doorway.

"So, I went to the Gym today," Marcus starts, speaking slowly. "I guess I'm a Trainer now, or at least that's what this license says," Marcus says with an awkward grin.

Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

Raymond was a little overwhelmed by all of the advice and information his parents were giving him, but he did his best to listen and commit it all to memory. Of course, he did this while quickly eating, wanting to clear his plate for seconds. The day's events had taken a lot out of him despite him not really doing all that much. After all, it was Jasper who had been fighting the fights, Ray had just been giving the little Joltik suggestions.

However, once he finished his meal, he was feeling stuffed and exhausted. Raymond took his plate to the sink, cleaning it before putting it away, "I think I'm gonna go to bed now. I wanna get an early start on things."
    Your parents bid you goodnight, told you to brush your teeth, and let you get to sleep early. Your night was restful, with nothing but good dreams about what lay ahead of you.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    All of the ingredients that he describes are gibberish to Angus's simple ears. If there is one thing that Angus has inherited from his father, it's a distrust of magic. His uneasiness is apparent as he asks, "Do these steps include benedictions from a priest on behalf of Mew? To make the ceremony holy?"
    The man shook his head No. In a way every magic can be traced back to a legendary pokemon - usually either Mew or Arceus - so all magic is inherently holy. However we perform nothing special in favor of Mew for these ceremonies. We are simply excercising our own magic as we see fit and devote our lives to live as The Mother lived.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic just yells. "What happened?! They were just going to some old ruins!"
    Some of our nurses are talking with the adventuring party that he was out with, but they seem just as garbled as one might expect. All we can get out of them is that something incredibly fast attacked them out in the desert. They keep calling it The Blur, which we can't make hide nor hair of. We should know more if your father regains consciousness. Apparently the others arrived just as it was finishing ... well they walked in halfway through the battle. I'm afraid I don't have more information than that.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks," Marcus says, taking off his shoes and heading into the kitchen, mulling over the best way to tell his dad and, more importantly, how would he respond? He knew his father had been a Trainer once, but must not have done much with it, judging by how little he talked about it.

After pressing a few buttons on the microwave and getting his dinner started Marcus walks out, leaning against the kitchen doorway.

"So, I went to the Gym today," Marcus starts, speaking slowly. "I guess I'm a Trainer now, or at least that's what this license says," Marcus says with an awkward grin.
    Less than impressed, your father barely reacted, giving you only a short Hrupmh and continued to flip through channels. After about a minute he spoke up again, sounding no more encouraging. You might as well give up now Marcus. There's nothing in that life. You'll only meet with defeat and despair. Better you become a construction worker like me. Good money in that. Being a professional trainer just isn't practical. I don't know how I haven't been able to drill that out of your head all these years

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Firbolg in the Playground

The man shook his head No. In a way every magic can be traced back to a legendary pokemon - usually either Mew or Arceus - so all magic is inherently holy. However we perform nothing special in favor of Mew for these ceremonies. We are simply excercising our own magic as we see fit and devote our lives to live as The Mother lived.
    There is little that Angus can say in the face of that. To argue otherwise would be telling a priest that his lifestyle of devotion was wrong, which struck Angus as blasphemous. "Very well. Gladia, are you ready?" Removing her arm from Angus's shoulder, Gladia floats silently toward the man. Angus hands over the vial to the priest.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"I'm commin'!" Adam called out as he rushed towards Thistle while the Chespin descended tailed by the vengeful spearow; kicking dirt in the air as he rushed over to catch the bundle of joy before it hit the grass,. The would-be trainer grunting in pain from the impact moments after the spearow landed it's hit, before Thistle bounced out of his arms and right towards the Spearow with even greater force; who's vengeful strike now played against him thanks to his new-found lower altitude.

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle: HP (40/34); Evasion (Physical 3, Special 3); Initiative 4; Injuri:1
    *Shift: Bounce straight passed S2 to R13
    **AC4: (1d20+3)[18] (+2 Focused Training, +1 AP)
    **Damage: (2d6+29)[40] (DB 2d6+10+10 Defense Curl+9 ATK) Physical-Rock

Adam: HP (50/46); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (1/5); Injury: 1
    *Standard Action: Focused Training
    *Shift: Catch Thistle
    Last edited by Regalus; 2015-08-21 at 10:24 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

"Professional Trainer maybe not, but a professor at the Academy?" Marcus says, beginning to grow angry. "I can be good at this! I've been working for how many years now on learning everything about being a Trainer! I'm more prepared than ninety percent of the idiots that get licenses!" Marcus continues in protest, anger only building larger. "What, you just want me to quit the day I finally earn the right to call me a Trainer?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your parents bid you goodnight, told you to brush your teeth, and let you get to sleep early. Your night was restful, with nothing but good dreams about what lay ahead of you.
    The incessant beeping of the alarm clock was normally a rather annoying experience for Raymond, but on this morning he woke up refreshed and excited. He turned off the clock, hopped out of bed, and went about his daily routine. The boy took a shower, got dressed, and grabbed up Jasper's pokeball as he headed out to do his morning chores. It wouldn't be anything too demanding, he hoped. After all, he just needed to put out feed for the pokemon, milk the Miltanks, and collect pokemon eggs.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    There is little that Angus can say in the face of that. To argue otherwise would be telling a priest that his lifestyle of devotion was wrong, which struck Angus as blasphemous. "Very well. Gladia, are you ready?" Removing her arm from Angus's shoulder, Gladia floats silently toward the man. Angus hands over the vial to the priest.
    The priest nodded and accepts both Gladia and the vial. After telling you that the process will talked about two hours for the process to be complete and the waiting room/religious facilities available if you cared to use them, he shuffled to a back room to do his work.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'm commin'!" Adam called out as he rushed towards Thistle while the Chespin descended tailed by the vengeful spearow; kicking dirt in the air as he rushed over to catch the bundle of joy before it hit the grass,. The would-be trainer grunting in pain from the impact moments after the spearow landed it's hit, before Thistle bounced out of his arms and right towards the Spearow with even greater force; who's vengeful strike now played against him thanks to his new-found lower altitude.

Spoiler
    Show

Thistle: HP (40/34); Evasion (Physical 3, Special 3); Initiative 4; Injuri:1
    *Shift: Bounce straight passed S2 to R13
    **AC4: [roll0] (+2 Focused Training, +1 AP)
    **Damage: [roll1] (DB 2d6+10+10 Defense Curl+9 ATK) Physical-Rock

Adam: HP (50/46); Evasion (Physical 1, Special 1, Speed 2); Initiative 12; AP (1/5); Injury: 1
    *Standard Action: Focused Training
    *Shift: Catch Thistle
    The spearow fell to the ground with a squawk unconscious.

Spoiler
    Show
    18 experience for Thistle.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

"Professional Trainer maybe not, but a professor at the Academy?" Marcus says, beginning to grow angry. "I can be good at this! I've been working for how many years now on learning everything about being a Trainer! I'm more prepared than ninety percent of the idiots that get licenses!" Marcus continues in protest, anger only building larger. "What, you just want me to quit the day I finally earn the right to call me a Trainer?"
    Honestly, I've given up trying to rid you of your futile obsession. Trust me, you won't even get one badge in a year. You think that you're special? he spat on the floor. Stop being so muking optimistic. You're just like everybody else, not that I'll ever convince you about that.

Go, stay, I don't care. I don't get a say anyways. But be ready for an I told you so when you come back crying.
    He gave a rather maccab grin. Don't worry, its just family tradition. Nothin' you can do about fate now is there?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

The incessant beeping of the alarm clock was normally a rather annoying experience for Raymond, but on this morning he woke up refreshed and excited. He turned off the clock, hopped out of bed, and went about his daily routine. The boy took a shower, got dressed, and grabbed up Jasper's pokeball as he headed out to do his morning chores. It wouldn't be anything too demanding, he hoped. After all, he just needed to put out feed for the pokemon, milk the Miltanks, and collect pokemon eggs.
    The morning chores were easy. The Miltank were calm and agitated as they could sometimes be in the morning, and the Torchik had left several eggs around there range (unfertilized for eating of course). The wind was blowing from the west, bringing just a salty scent from the distant sea. You finished by 9AM, ready to start the day.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show