New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVI

River

"Well...." Jasper smirks, and, with a flourish, pulls the coin out of his ear. Or at least it sure looks like he did. "That space where my brain is supposed to be is good for storing all sorts of things." Of course, he's had the coin in hand since shortly before they teleported. But why tell the truth when he can show off?
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-09-26 at 12:58 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    FeyClaw Manor

Jacques nods, offering a respectful bow.

Lord FeyClaw, I presume? I am Jacques Dreyfus, and it is excellent to make your acquaintance.

If Lord FeyClaw is looking closely, he'll note that Jacques is about 5 and a half feet or about 1.66 Meters in height. He's fairly thin, though not unhealthily so, and has a slightly jaded look to him. He has the occasional scar here and there, hinting that he's seen battle before.

He's wearing full combat paraphernalia, with an Automatic Rifle, a Semiautomatic Combat Shotgun, a Revolver, and a belt of Grenades. He's also wearing Combat Armor, which is a dark blue in color and is composed of hundreds of thin resin layers with steel plates over vital areas for additional support. He looks like he could take a few bullets without slowing down.
    The guards around have an odd mixture of gunnery and more medievil weaponry. "Indeed." He pauses for a second before gesturing at the map. "Our forces were somewhat savaged by the rip in reality that seems to have brought us here. With no way of knowing whether EtherAin got through their own creation unscathed, I'm forced to plan as if they have their whole guard still."

If the map is anything to go by, that's actually rather a quite large advantage. "The only thing we have at this stage is a defensive position and now a mercenary."

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Hamlet

"Well not like I imagined it to go, but since there was a grenade, I assume the guards already know that we are coming."

Fade will then go and step inside, his shadow switching to a more fitting shape.
    "Not that subtle, I see." Turiel snorts before looking around for a shadow. Once he finds one he'll step into it and cloak himself in his magic. Then he awaits whatever is sent in their vicinity. He's here first of all to get information, although that appears to have gone in a rut.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Home on the range]

There isn't a reply, at least not at once.

Instead it would seem as if Sam along with the rest of the world is starting to fall into tiny pieces, tiny eights. Daniel can feel the ground grow weak underneath him as the grass and the very earth start to crawl with the eights.

He notices how the sky itself start to fall apart as more and more of it is taken up by eights.

Suddenly he will feel the ground, now eights, crumble underneath his weight as he falls into a world, a whole reality of eights where he soon can feel his own body being converted into them...

He wakes up yet again, but this time he's in a old looking room. There is a made bed, a closet, a calender hanging on the wall showing it's august as well as a bench with a radio playing eight days a week.

There is a singular window letting in an almost lime light.

"You aren't afraid." Comes a voice from nowhere. It sounds quite annoyed, not much more then a hiss. "Why not?"
    Daniel has to pause and recollect himself before he can answer. That was... weird. "Well, not to be a critic, but... assuming you were responsible for that little experience I just had, you started off strong, but fumbled a few essential details. And then things just started getting so weird I had to suspect maybe I wasn't in my right mind, even if this is the Nexus and everything I saw was plausible." He looks around, curious. "The 8 theme is a little bit weird, too. But, um... if you don't mind me asking a question myself, why were you trying to scare me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Full moon...

Bit by a moose...

Amil briefly considers the possibility that they're about to be attacked by a weremoose, but she quickly dismisses that idea. It's just far too silly to be a legitimate concern.

Because the Nexus is never silly, right?

Right?

Amil points at the squat hut with one of her non-weaponized hands!

"That must be the place. We just hand of the medicine and then our job's done. I'm sure nothing surprising or dangerous will happen to interrupt us."

To the hut!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Spooky Forest

"Yeah, right."

Sober Darst does not talk much. Nor does he expect for this to be easy. He fully expects to have to break some bones and lacerate some muscles before the night is done. Of course, he has this expectation most of the time.

He's paranoid that way.
    Approaching the hut does not ease any of their concerns, as when they knock or otherwise make their presence known, a thin, weak voice shouts, "Go away!" The command is followed by a phlegmy, rough sounding cough.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spooky Woods]

Phlemy rough coughs are gross!

But not even the grossest of coughs are going to dissuade Amil from her quest! Completing quests is very important after all. Especially trivial things like delivering medicine or collecting twelve wolf pelts.

"We're not going away," Amil answers. "Not yet anyway. Your brother sent us here with some medicine for your... uuhh... moose bite."

Moose bites are serious business after all.

Can't take things like that lightly.

Amil knocks again.

"So if you could let us in we'll give you the medicine and we'll b on our way."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Troll in the Playground

[Spooky Woods]

"You have the moosebane? Quickly, I need it! Oh, but you can't let any moonlight in. Otherwise... no, it's too terrible to think about." The hut appears to be carefully boarded up; how any air or sound is traveling through the tightly barricaded structure is a mystery. It appears the hut is covered with almost a layer of boards secured by nails; someone went to a lot of work to seal off the inside.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.