Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World V

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Maximum security prison]

One might assume that the maximum security cells in Soul Society are in the Maggot's Nest or the Muken.

Ordinarily, it wouldn't be wrong to think that. It is, after all, where the worst criminals of Soul Society reside. Too nasty to be left free, not nasty enough for summary execution or under circumstances that would complicate it such as knowing a secret or two that Seireitei still needs.

However, there is one other place where Onmitsukidou saw fit to isolate prisoners that were too troublesome to even be seen by other prisoners. Only the lowest seats of Internal Security work this detail with any regularity. Some of them have their memory wiped about the location. At one point, Rin will recognize a dimensional barrier - a modified Senkaimon that gives direct access to a different part of Soul Society. Once they cross it, the group is underground.

Jack the Ripper, the real deal, is currently seated and sealed under a number of black bands and many overlapping Kidou on top of his chains and other Hellish attire. One might even consider it partially overkill.

"It's no Muken, but this place has been especially constructed by my family in order to keep the worst of secrets." Setsurou proclaims with little enthusiasm. "This is where we make certain problems... disappear when they cannot be killed. I apologize for needing to make you even aware that it exists, but if one can't trust the highest echelon of Gotei and the Royal Guard, well."

[The bar]

"No, I get it. You need to ask yourself that question to know if there's a difference in purifying a regular Hollow or an Arrancar. I'm sure the Arrancar would tell you that when you do, that existence itself ceases, just like the Arrancar a Hollow might become if you purify it.

Ultimately, it becomes a matter of the harm they do, Chuck. It's always really been that way. We hunt Hollows cuz they hurt humans. If they didn't, we'd cease to have reason for it. Arrancar are the same. You kill them in self-defense or to protect someone else, not for what they are.

Least that's the way I always did it."

Masamune followed silently until they arrived at the actual holding area, and Setsurou explained what this place was.

"It is only natural that the head of the Onmitsukidou bear secrets. That is the duty laid before them. And redundancy of holding areas is not a bad thing, either. As for trust, well."

He smiled genially.

"We bear many secrets without issue, what's one more? Now."

His face was deadly serious.

"This prisoner. Let's hear his words."

================================================== ============
    [The bar]

"You don't get it, Teach. Or maybe you do? It's only kind of about them being Arrancar. I think. Argh. Stupid booze. But...didn't the Shinigami hunt because Hollows are souls in torment? We fight for defense because until, like, a year ago, we destroyed souls. This whole thing is about more than just harm. But...like I said, it's academic. Doesn't matter. Peace is on, so we don't fight them. It is what it is."

He stared at the empty cup.

"I think I need to go back to my room and sleep this off."
    ================================================== ===================
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [Combat HQ]

"Well I'm feeling a lot better now. Maybe I should go check on Naito, Katsuo and Chuck. See how they're all doing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [Combat HQ]

"Naito has been missing since-"

At this point, all present in the room can feel a sudden surge of Naito's alien reiatsu from a good distance away. It doesn't feel flared up deliberately or like it's being used in a fight, more that it's being released as a side-effect of putting a lot of power into something. Not coincidentally, Naito also appears to be getting closer very quickly.

"I have located Naito."

Aoi begins charging up another teleportation effect, disappearing after a few seconds unless stopped. Naito soon comes to a halt near the Combat Division HQ.
    Masaru was about to respond to Shinji, when Aoi ported out and Naito was barreling to the Combat Division. Instead, he simply sighed and shook his head.

A few moments later, he was standing outside the HQ, politely looking toward Naito.

"What may I help you with, Naito?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

Las Noches: Segunda District

Svetlana is making judgments on which two of the ten Warriors Turiel offered her would be best for her purposes.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Orc in the Playground

[Meanwhile, at the Shinoreijutsuin]

Ryoma is bored out of his skull.

He's not exactly a bad student. When it comes to Hakuda in particular, he displays an enormous (pun not intended) amount of talent. His Zanjutsu would make most master swordsman weep - it is effective in its brutality but lacks precision and grace. Teaching Shunpou and Kidou to the giant has proven difficult simply on account of his mass - the former requires very wide open spaces, and so does the latter because the effects of his spells come out proportional to his size. He seems surprisingly timid when it comes to the incantations themselves, claiming they are "embarrassing", which has affected the efficiency of his spellcasting. And of course... he still has a problem when it comes to his "leaking" Reiatsu.

But most of all, learning all this stuff has not alleviated Ryouma's deep-seated desire for violence and alcohol. Not to mention his complaints over sleeping in a tent like an animal. So he decided to come ask if he could at least fashion a bed for himself.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Maximum Security Prison]

Rin follows behind Masamune, having no substantial reaction to the trip into the prison. The only time she does anything other than walk and observe is at the dimensional barrier, which she scans using a small computer mounted on her forearm before entering.

"Has he attempted to escape? Made any statements, or taken any unusual actions?"

[Outside Combat HQ]

By the time Shinji and Masaru reach the outside of the division, Naito and Aoi appear to have gotten partway through a conversation already. Naito appears to be agitated, although that pretty much means that it's a day of the week ending in "y."

"-about this when you're older."

Aoi tilts her head to the side.

"Chronologically, biologically, or experientially? Our physical birthday is-"
    "-Irrelevant. Look, we can..."

Naito trails off as they notice the other two. Instantly, Naito breaks off the conversation and walks over to them, Aoi following quietly behind. He spares only a brief look at Masaru.

"Nothing." He turns his focus to Shinji, handing over his phone. "Take a look at this. It was just passed on to me from Torahiko."

Spoiler: Message
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bandaged stranger
    "Hey-o, Torahiko-boy. How's it hanging?

This is your host of few weeks back writing. Good Ol' Blackface asked me to check up on you. Says it's getting lonely without you and your pals around.

Did you learn anything about that cross-thing? We sure did! It'd be nice if you could get over here so we could compare notes. Anyways, I hope you're well. Remember to write back!

Yours truly,
    You-know-who

PS: oh yeah, the white suits figured out what makes your pal Demetrio tick. They even made a girlfriend for him, but she sort of ran away. Send our greeting to Naito-guy, couldn't have done that without him and the wackos who put him together.
    PPS: oh, and Lobo says that Alpha-1 chick has a body of her own now. He'd like to know if she's single and whether she could catch coffee at Friday night.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Orc in the Playground

[The prison]

"If he has, then he didn't get far. He's been under several layers of Kidou ever since we picked him up in the Mortal World." Setsurou explains. "Not to mention heavy surveillance. If he even sneezed wrong... I'd be the first to know." The Captain gestures to the prisoner, before subtly noting the edge of a barrier a couple of feet away from where the prisoner currently sits to the rest of the party. "His general unresponsiveness so far has been the strangest part of his behavior... and not just because this guy is an escapee from Hell."

Rin can see the lock is of particularly good craftsmanship. It would be a tough nut to crack from either side and requires both sides to be functional at the same time in order to open, making communication between them crucial, so killing everyone inside and trying to figure a way out is a less appealing plan than one might assume. It lacks the finer intricacies of her work, but then again, who can measure up to someone with her training and expertise?

[Combat Division HQ]

"Hey, hey, slow down, Naito. What--" Then Naito shows the cell phone to his friend.

"...This raises more questions than it answers. I'm... gonna need some context in here.

But for the sake of, I dunno, politeness, Captain Hirako Masaru of the Combat Division, Tetsuhiko Naito, who might want to lay off the caffeine juuuuuust a smidgen."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2019-05-12 at 10:43 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Prison]

Rin turns her full attention to the imprisoned figure.

"This is an unusual situation. There are no rules."

[Combat Division HQ]

"Caffeine is pois-" Naito's body language shifts as Shinji's introduction actually processes. Slowly, Naito turns to look at Maseru, the last word dragging out as they do so. "-ooooooooooooon."

Surprisingly enough, Naito actually has the good grace to look a bit embarrassed.

"Tetsuhiko Naito."

Naito extends a hand to shake.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: This thread it at the 50 page limit. Begin a new thread.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.