New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Homeless Paris woman carried nearly 70,000 euros

Paris authorities found nearly 70,000 euros on 66 year old homless Paris women known only as Denise. See here for more details.
    On the issue of killer or sadistic DMs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Pladoh
    That sort of person is not worthy of being a Game Master of any sort. The GM is there to entertain and bring enjoyment to the player group, thus being entertained and enjoying himself likewise. Soneone that finds pleasure in making others unhappy is a sad case indeed. That kind of GM should be left alone to lurk in online MMP games to ambush newbies' characters as they enter the setting :]

Cheers,
    Gary

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Homeless Paris woman carried nearly 70,000 euros

Awww that poor confused woman. I'm glad she is not homeless anymore. The money should go to purchasing a couple of cats for her to look after I think.

Or... er... someone to look after her.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, make a crazy catwoman out of her ...
    I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'.

Lord Flashheart by Kalirush

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

sign by egobuttz

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok...not everyone is homeless because they have to be. One homeless man in my area who was actually beat to death by some idiot kids chose to live in the woods. He just liked it better.

Maybe she has just been saving up money, etc. I didn't like how at the end it said "Authorities are looking at how to best take care of her money"...er...give it back perhaps?

Cheers,
    Syka
    Show me how pretty the world is
    'Cause I envy the way that you move
    'Cause I want something a little bit louder
    'Cause you're brilliant when you try
    Show me how pretty the whole world is tonight
    -Matt Nathanson "Pretty the World"

Various Syka-Foxes done by the wonderful Ceika

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

i think they mean how to best prevent anybody from taking her money 'cuz now everyone knows she has it and the authorities are too nice to force her to get a house.
    - I like the world. Some of my best evilness took place here. I wouldn't mind ruling it, in fact.
    - Nah, Teevo is helping me edit my submission to "World's Funniest Protagonist Deaths"
    - Badass. REALLY badass.

Nominated for Xykon in the Playground:

Official Biophiliac of the Xykon fan club.

REALLY badass avatar by Dr.Bath

7. - Top - End - #7

The "homeless" losers where I live aren't actually homeless. When my mum was buying groceries some loser asked her for change. Later when she came out of the Supermarket the same guy was on a mobile phon and was saying "hey, could you tell mum to put my dinner in the oven. I'll be back home sightly late tonight 'cos I want to rent a video out". ****ing loser.
    Own it, pwn it, nuke it, sheep it, eat it, quick re -right it, Joe it, turn it, turnip, pimp it, gimp it, dot it, rock it, spec re - spec it...

I'm bringing smexy back

As a Warblade, I'm pimp as hell.

Big up kpenguin for the chronic Avatar.

Powergaming - because you can't roleplay when your dead.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him dominate the World

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    Ok...not everyone is homeless because they have to be. One homeless man in my area who was actually beat to death by some idiot kids chose to live in the woods. He just liked it better.

Maybe she has just been saving up money, etc. I didn't like how at the end it said "Authorities are looking at how to best take care of her money"...er...give it back perhaps?

Cheers,
    Syka
    Agreed. It's none of their business where she got it from. They haven't proved that she robbed a bank or something.. God, I hate it when the people get discriminated just because they're lower on the social ladder (or appear to be). God knows if she's ever getting it back..
    I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
    I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
    I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
    I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
    I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.
    I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

-The Samurai Creed

Even in the darkest places you will find a friend.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

This reminds me of a story my friend's mother told us a while back about when she was a bartender 30? years ago. This one regular who everyone knew lived in a car around the corner would come in a lot, get a drink, and leave a nice tip. When he died, they went through his car and found a LOT of money. Can't remember how much exactly, but the number 2 million sticks out in my mind.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think there was a guy in Britain a few years back who died and left hundreds of thousands of pounds in change buried under his shack. Might just have been one of those urban myths, though.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumJester View Post
    The "homeless" losers where I live aren't actually homeless. When my mum was buying groceries some loser asked her for change. Later when she came out of the Supermarket the same guy was on a mobile phon and was saying "hey, could you tell mum to put my dinner in the oven. I'll be back home sightly late tonight 'cos I want to rent a video out". ****ing loser.
    Gaaah, yeah, I know a few of them to.

I believe the official term is 'urban outdoorsman'. They beg for a living and make a pretty derned good living off it. Seriously, in America at least, unless you have a severe mental or physical candicap there is almost never a reason to be homeless short of you want to be homeless or are too lazy to do anything about it.

I mean, I know of a few cases that were otherwise, just lots and lots of bad luck at the wrong place at the wrong time, but they are rare.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by 0wca View Post
    Agreed. It's none of their business where she got it from. They haven't proved that she robbed a bank or something.. God, I hate it when the people get discriminated just because they're lower on the social ladder (or appear to be). God knows if she's ever getting it back..
    I'd think that homeless people being a pretty easy target for muggers is a good reason to do something about it.

I doubt they just decided she doesn't deserve it because she's homeless.
    I WILL round this Cape, even if I have to keep sailing until doomsday!
    Engaged in A Spat with Jibar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decken by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Devil Lord-to-be and proud member of the Baatezu Lovers club!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here in the Phils., I've heard stories of poor children begging for money.... only it turns out that the children aren't exactly poor. They just beg for money. I'm not sure about this, though. It's been a while since I've heard it.
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-07-20 at 12:50 PM.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Captain van der Decken View Post
    I'd think that homeless people being a pretty easy target for muggers is a good reason to do something about it.

I doubt they just decided she doesn't deserve it because she's homeless.
    I doubt they're just safekeeping it for her..

I don't want to sound stereotypical or anything but when a cop sees an old woman bum who makes more money than he does in 10 years (at least by our sallaries here), he's bound to get tempted..

I'm not saying they're crooked, but we all know that greed makes the world go 'round these days...
    I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
    I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
    I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
    I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
    I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.
    I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.

-The Samurai Creed

Even in the darkest places you will find a friend.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

In my town, we have these women in their 40s who stand on the roads leading to Wal-Mart holding up signs about how they are widows and need money to pay their bills. What is extremely ironic is that they stand in front of Taco Bell, which perpetually has a "now hiring" sign on their marquee.

One of these days I will stop and tell them to get a REAL job. Panhandling isn't a job.
    --I'm off to see what his 18 charisma is worth 'under the hood'.

Quote Originally Posted by cnsvnc View Post
    Any game where you are attacked by a pack of genetically enhanced cows is cool.
    Thank you to Adghar and The Stoney One for my fabulous avatar!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Vorpal Tribble View Post
    I believe the official term is 'urban outdoorsman'. They beg for a living and make a pretty derned good living off it.
    Aka: "Sturdy Beggars" (Elizabethan) or "Vagrants" (Victorian) or just "Takers": people who could work for a living (by work I mean produce *something* to justify the money they get - even if it's just music), but who would rather get something for nothing. I despise people like that - the type who take charity that would be better spent on others more deserving. Literally stealing from a beggar's cup: you almost can't get lower!

Quote Originally Posted by 0wca View Post
    I don't want to sound stereotypical or anything but when a cop sees an old woman bum who makes more money than he does in 10 years (at least by our sallaries here), he's bound to get tempted...
    ...and the fact he doesn't succumb to the temptation we would all feel in that situation is what makes him worthy to be a cop.

For every wickedness we commit, there is a kindness. Humans are odd like that.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2007-07-24 at 12:00 PM.