New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I will draw your D&d character.

Andui
    Spoiler
    Show

Core Physiology: Female, Short, Middling Build, Somewhere between a Mediterranean and middle eastern general appearance. She should be able to pass for male in the picture, so some level of androgyny is fine.

Equipment: Holding a lightweight partisan, wearing many layers of loose clothing, ideally looking something like high end linen. She is certainly wearing a mask over her lower face, and only hands and the upper face have exposed skin. Visual cues that suggest a nomadic life are also helpful. Note that there should be no magical equipment, and nothing particularly fancy, a more utilitarian look is preferred.

Color Scheme: Varying sand colors with a yellow sand dominant color and more red-white sand secondary color. Deeper browns and off whites are acceptable secondary colors, and even the blade of the partisan should be a somewhat whitish grey.

Shape Scheme (general shapes that should be evident in the clothing and physiology): Crescent Moons, Circles, Triangles. Long straight lines should be avoided where possible, with the notable exception of the spear and the partisan.

Personality (Should show in body language): Inquisitiveness, confidence, and the appearance of coldness to others should all be somewhat apparent.

I thank you in advance for doing this; you did great work on everything seen in the thread so far.
    Last edited by Knaight; 2011-08-19 at 05:32 AM.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LOTRfan View Post
    Could you perhaps draw a non-OOTSified version of the character below? He is a hornhead saurial soulknife, wearing breastplate armor. He has three claw-shaped scars on his frill. Your artwork is really amazing.

so is he like naked other than the breastplate? and a soulknife is like a psychic blade of energy or something right?

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Loss View Post
    He has a cruel, vengeful expression on his face and wears tattered priest robes of Pelor (sun god, you probably know that already) that are bearely recognizable.
    Wait, I know who Pelor is... but what is this sun thing? Can you describe it to me in detail, please.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

I think he means the symbol of pelor:

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld Odd View Post
    I think he means the symbol of pelor:

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, the holy symbol Pelor's priests use for spellcasting and such prettymuch also looks like this.

Funny thing Pelor coming into this thread, with him being purportedly Evil and all.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Also, the holy symbol Pelor's priests use for spellcasting and such prettymuch also looks like this.

Funny thing Pelor coming into this thread, with him being purportedly Evil and all.
    Really? When did he start being evil? >.>

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Really? When did he start being evil? >.>
    This will explain it all. It kind of makes me wonder if I'll get to see someone making an art request here for an evil cleric of Pelor.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
    Post a description of your character (including notable gear, demeanor, maybe an actor/actress that resembles them) and I will draw them. Bye.

Oh, the reason I'm doing this is to build up my portfolio.

That is excellent work, bravo!!! I suspect you're getting swamped with requests too! Regardless, here's my latest character (and I am having a blast with him!)

Bern Thistlebush
    Spoiler
    Show
    Male Halfling Sorcerer of the Draconic Bloodline (Brass).

Bern is a tall halfling with bronzish-tan skin. His hair is a reddish-brown and his eyes are emerald green. His smile is bright and warming and most say Bern is quite handsome (CHA 20) though his canine teeth are slightly elongated as his draconic heritage is slowly manifesting itself.

He wears a fine black robe with green and brown trim (think celtic knots) with a hood that's up as often as it's down. The cloak's clasp is dark metal in the shape of two dragon talon's framing the sun (almost a triangle in shape). His tunic is black and upon closer inspection is revealed to be padded armor. It's finely crafted and almost silky. His black silk breeches fall just below his knees and vanish into his boots. Unlike most of his kin, Bern reluctantly wears knee high dark brown leather boots (Boots of Elvenkind)

On his wrists he wears brown leather bracers.

His belt is wide with a golden buckle, fashioned in the shape of a Dragon. He has two belt pouches, one on each side of his hips. Attached to right hip hands a finely crafted mace, though it's never seen use. He is usually never far from a flagon of ale or even a plate of scones.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

It kind of makes me wonder if I'll get to see someone making an art request here for an evil cleric of Pelor.
    Drat! My master plan has been revealed early! Okay, not really, but now I want to.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

This will explain it all. It kind of makes me wonder if I'll get to see someone making an art request here for an evil cleric of Pelor.
    >.>... That's very thought provoking indeed....

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Can I post another request that may or may not interest you? >.>. I just thought of another character. Of course, if you do one of mine I don't expect you to do both at all. x_x.

Animus Mokita:

Spoiler
    Show
    An Elan psion.

Elan Description:

Spoiler
    Show
    Elans are not born; they are made. Living humans are selected from a pool of applicants and screened by a special élan council. Those who pass muster undergo a secret psionic process in one of several hidden élan enclaves, where they abandon their humanity for a new, psionically energized existence. Thus, elans do not reproduce biologically, but rather psionically, through a mysterious psionic ritual known only to elans. Even then, their “children” are usually already fully formed adult humans. Nonhuman elans are never created and it could be that the ritual simply doesn’t work for any creatures but those who were originally human.

When those who are still human seek the transformation to elans, they must petition existing elans for the privilege of going through the process. Elans are secret lot in this regard, and do not publicly reveal their enclaves or places of making; the elans select new aspirants and turn away those they feel are unsuited for life as an élan. Newly created elans retain the basic memories and personalities of their previous human lives, but lose all their previous class levels, skills and other characteristics; a newly created élan is a 1st-level character, free to reinvent himself as a member of his new race.

So Elan's are essentially human but 'weird'. The Elan's preferred looks at the time were red hair and pale skin so if you had those physical attributes, you had an easier time petitioning to become an Elan. So character description:

Animus is an average sized male with dark red hair (to the point of it almost looks dark brown with red tints in the right light) and light green eyes. He has pale skin. A defining feature of his face is that he keeps a third eye floating in front of his forehead. It's basically a octagonal gem of any color that gives off a faint glow. He wears baggy black clothing with one diagonally cut sleeve that hangs past the back of his right hands (to around the tip of his fingers) but cut up to his wrist. The shirt has a diagonal cut down the middle from his right shoulder (where the sleeve is) to just above his hip. Under that shirt, he wears a tight black undershirt (think underarmor I suppose) that covers his skin and his left arm. His wears a simple bracelet on his left hand. For pants, think Aladdin baggy but black and with straps hanging on the sides and his shoes are simple leather.

He carries a short sword as his sole weapon that he keeps slung across his back.

His demeanor: He's always sour looking and when he smiles it's more of a sinister grin. He doesn't have any positive or negative outlooks in life and carries himself casually. He's not rigid but he's not lanky either.

If I didn't mention something, go crazy. If you feel like changing something go crazy too.

For facial features think Cillian Murphy with a slightly angrier look:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

so is he like naked other than the breastplate? and a soulknife is like a psychic blade of energy or something right?
    Yes, he's naked besides the breastplate. And you are correct about the soulknife basically using a psychic blade. He's best described as a lightsaber-wielding dinosaur man.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103

Yes, he's naked besides the breastplate. And you are correct about the soulknife basically using a psychic blade. He's best described as a lightsaber-wielding dinosaur man.
    Okay, well in that case can you describe his dino-dong in detail?

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, well in that case can you describe his dino-dong in detail?
    *ROFL*

Dinosaurs have a genital sheathe, like most reptiles. You won't be able to see it
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

You won't have to worry about that. It is believed that, like most reptiles, dinosaurs had their sexual organs retracted and stored inside the body when they weren't actually in the middle of intercourse. So you wouldn't have to draw that (besides, its against forum rules, anyway).
    Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-05-19 at 05:37 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bast Halfcrescent

Razorclaw Shifter (werecat kind of thing)

Wearing: Plain leather armor
    Wielding: A broadsword and a shortsword with blue hilts
    Height: 5'10''
    Other Stuff: Slim, likes the color blue, has shoulder length layered hair in a light brown. Has cat ears. She smirks a lot. I can't really think of anyone who looks like her though.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-05-19 at 06:01 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

You won't have to worry about that. It is believed that, like most reptiles, dinosaurs had their sexual organs retracted and stored inside the body when they weren't actually in the middle of intercourse. So you wouldn't have to draw that (besides, its against forum rules, anyway).
    Can I give him a loin cloth or something? Going bottomless just reminds me of Disney characters...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course. You are doing an awesome job with the pictures so far, and I trust any artistic decisions you make concerning the picture.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Going pantless generally gives you a penalty to your charisma checks anyways.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Going pantless generally gives you a penalty to your charisma checks anyways.
    Not if Chainmail Bikini is to be believed

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

Aaron Argentine: Ranger/Druid

Notable gear would probably be a Displacer Pelt Cloak and Displacer Hide Armor. Otherwise he'd just be wearing what's depicted in my crappy sketch...along with a bow, perhaps.
    Edit: Also, his hair is naturally silver and it has the effect of making him look older. He's twenty years of age.
    Last edited by Lord Sammy; 2011-05-19 at 06:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Well, you seeee. >.>.... Generally

>.>

<.<

It works differently for females. XD

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

It works differently for females. XD
    Nope. The book makes no specification to either male or female, even for such things as the feat called Anatomically Over-Endowed, and it even has a few pictures of men in sections where it doesn't mention them

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone knows that a female in a metal bikini is equal to a male in full plate.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Nope. The book makes no specification to either male or female, even for such things as the feat called Anatomically Over-Endowed, and it even has a few pictures of men in sections where it doesn't mention them
    I wasn't talking game mechanics but role-playing.

But OH GAWD D=.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, I'm in. I've got two characters, and you can do whichever you'd prefer, or both. First up is my character from the best game I'm in right now, Antal Nirum, a Halfling Factotum. His sheet is here, but I'm also going to provide a condensed version of the important info:

Spoiler
    Show
    General Description: Small in stature like any halfling, Antal has the usual curly brown hair, but isn't nearly as pudgy as many halflings. In fact, he's quite agile and in excellent shape, he's even stronger than a fair amount of humans.
    Visible clothes/equipment: He wears baggy clothes, the better to hide something he's swiped, and they are dimly colorful (if that makes sense). His chain shirt could very well be visible though he wears it under most of his clothes. He also has on him a short sword, a kukri, and a smallish sack, which he keeps tied to his waist.

And number two is one of my favorite character concepts, although he never went anywhere. Actually, he's my avatar right now. He's a Changeling Dread Necromancer created for an assassin game. He wasn't really going to keep many undead around, focusing instead on the damaging abilities of necromancy, particularly the ability to use diseases to kill people. I don't have much of a description, except that when he is himself (as opposed to when disguised), he is unashamed of his changeling form, and favors dark gray and black clothes. In my avvie he has a skull on his shirt. He wasn't really one for weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground

If you're willing and don't mind, I'd love to have one of my old (and, if I'm being entirely honest, complete and utter favourite) characters drawn. I know others have said it, but this is some of the best art I've seen and I can't resist getting in on this.

Ok, Alexandra McKenna.

She was a true neutral human Rogue / Sorceror. She's really rather tiny and delicately built (strength was her dump stat...), complexion and colouring is Caucasian. Hair's white, shoulder length, style varies on what she's doing but is always practical (short ponytail / worn loose). Her eyes are blue. She is, of course, quite pretty (whose female DnD character isn't ?) but she takes care to be quite understated about it. Her personaility is... smiley, quite happy in her undersized way.

Clothing usually consists of a black, just above the knee length dress slit fairly high up at the sides over some light, white in colour light body armour (thin chainmail and leather) and some reasonably practical black boots that have some attention given to femininity and style (a bit of heel but not much, mid calf height and tight to the calf).

The all important equipment, she keeps the spellcasting stuff out of sight, of course. Her visible weapons were a magic shortsword that, in keeping with the character, would be as workman looking as possible but extremely high build quality, a magic dagger, following the same principles, and a shortbow.

Thank you again for opening this up, if you have any questions, please PM me.
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 2011-05-24 at 08:38 PM.

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

28. - Top - End - #118

Okay, done with Murbella.... for now. Lemme kno what you think.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

I really like the design of the purple lighting against the hair - and the way it flows makes it look natural. very impressed here!
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-05-19 at 11:17 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Colossus in the Playground

It's gorgeous!