New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

Mine arrived in Eastern Germany yesterday.
    Condition was quite fine, even mint, so no complaints from me.
    It has been free of additional taxes :)

I've been in the first group of orders, so you other German customers should get it soon.
    Loved it, btw. Hard to follow the extended 4th-dimension-rules-jokes, but even without knowning the rules at all: *very* nice setting. Missed 4th-dim-Hilya btw :)

2. - Top - End - #392
    Orc in the Playground

Mine just arrived in England today. I loved the stick tales, especially Hamlet Roy Greenhilt. Great work Giant!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Yay! Just got email that my order (with game) just shipped! :)
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

At 11:02 on 8/31 I received my confirmation email for my order - book and game.

Praise Thor!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woohoo! As of 11:08 am (Pacific time) today, my shipping e-mail has arrived. Actually, I got two shipping e-mails with different confirmation numbers--I assume this means that for some reason my book and The Shortening are coming in separate packages. The e-mails both say they'll be shipped out on Friday.
    choralconductorsingerprogrammermomwebdesigner

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

WOOHOO!!! Got my e-mail too! *going back to rocking back and forth from having been in withdrawl....*
    "I am a sexy shoeless god of war!!!" --OOTS #439

7. - Top - End - #397
    APE Games in the Playground

The OOTS games arrived in our warehouse this afternoon and we're shipping them out as quickly as possible.
    Owner of APE Games.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Well, I received my SSDT two days after I received the shipping notice from Ookodook. It was in good shape, and the book itself is everything I could have asked for.

The only complaint I would have is that I placed the order as an order, not a pre-order, in early July and did not receive it until August.

Be that as it may, I'm sure that ookodook and apegamer is well aware of those issues and will be working to improve response time. I accept and understand that we are dealing with a small company here and that the shipping manager had a medical emergency (I hope she's doing better, BTW). So I'm not going to growl very much. But I would encourage them to make efforts to improve.

One possible improvement might be to not open up for orders until the pre-orders have been almost all shipped, and so when orders are actually made they can be shipped within a few days of the order actually being placed. Psychologically speaking, it's easier for me to wait for the option to order and then get a quick shipment then it is to put in an order and wait weeks for a response. Probably has something to do with having sent in, I don't know, actual money ;).

In any case, I hope we can do business again. This has been a learning experience for all of us.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

9. - Top - End - #399

PirateWench

My sweetie (working at home) informs me that her productivity has just been dealt a fatal blow. The +11 book of entertainment has arrived. (And the game too)

Rich uses humor! It's super effective!
    "That's not right, that's not even wrong."

"This is not an idea to be tossed aside lightly, it should be thrown with great force."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Pixie in the Playground

confused Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    The only complaint I would have is that I placed the order as an order, not a pre-order, in early July and did not receive it until August.
    I pre-ordered.
    I haven't received it yet.

Anything else I have to in response would probably be scrubbed.

Note that this isn't a reflection on apegamer; I understand things from their point of view. I work on code for shipping systems; I can perfectly accept that it spits them out in a sequence that has nothing to do with the original orders. I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from that only having a month delay is something to generate criticism, when it's clear from the main page that anything before Aug. 3 is considered a pre-order.
    Last edited by TheThroknor; 2011-09-02 at 12:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from that only having a month delay is something to generate criticism
    I did not pre-order. I ordered it the same day the Giant shifted over from pre-order to order.

When I order from Amazon or any of their authorized resellers I receive a shipping notification within 24 hours and the product itself, if priority mail, within 72.

That is the bar set by ApeGamer's competitors. While I am willing to cut them slack for not being Amazon, I'm sure ApeGamer and Oookodook need no encouragement to try to provide service satisfaction that meets or exceeds that of their competition. They can't, at present. But it's certainly a goal worth striving for. I wish them success in that endeavor.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2011-09-02 at 01:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

I did not pre-order. I ordered it the same day the Giant shifted over from pre-order to order.

When I order from Amazon or any of their authorized resellers I receive a shipping notification within 24 hours and the product itself, if priority mail, within 72.

That is the bar set by ApeGamer's competitors. While I am willing to cut them slack for not being Amazon, I'm sure ApeGamer and Oookodook need no encouragement to try to provide service satisfaction that meets or exceeds that of their competition. They can't, at present. But it's certainly a goal worth striving for. I wish them success in that endeavor.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Normally everything from Ookodook is as fast as you are describing Amazon. The Giant's and Ookodook's mistake, if they made one, was allowing regular orders immediately once pre-ordering was done. Because they did that, anyone who regular ordered before all the pre-orders shipped had to wait much longer than normal. The alternative, since they couldn't keep taking pre-orders once shipping had started, would be to have a window of time where no one was allowed to order. I'm not sure how that would have been preferable. I see where you are coming from, but there is nothing Ookoodook could have done about it.

13. - Top - End - #403

BlueKnightGuy

Both the book and game expansion arrived today. They came together in a box so the book didn't get damaged at all.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

That is the bar set by ApeGamer's competitors.
    With all due respect, we are not competing with Amazon. "Competition" implies that you are getting the same or similar product from both sources. This book cannot be purchased through Amazon, however, so how fast they ship their products doesn't really matter.

The fact that Amazon can do what it does is the result of millions (billions?) of dollars of infrastructure. I guarantee you that Ookoodook will never, EVER be as fast as Amazon. I guarantee that we aren't even trying to be.

There are a ton of mistakes and slip-ups and delays on this product, but one of the few things I refuse to apologize for is Ookoodook trying to get all the pre-orders out the door before the non-pre-orders. Especially since I specifically announced that no orders would go out until pre-orders had shipped, and two weeks later, I announced that pre-orders still had not finished. If you wanted immediate turnaround, you should have waited until I announced that every single pre-order book had shipped. But since we never promised immediate turnaround (and in fact promised the exact opposite), I'm not going to apologize for the service you got.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

My book just arrived yesterday.
    In Italy.
    To an address so hard to find that italian post offices fail to deliver the mail to us more often than not.
    My family tells me everything is in perfect status.
    I'm happy!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Banned

Daemon

Hi, I'm from UK. I ordered the book and the game in April and I still have not got my confirmation E-mail. Is something wrong?

17. - Top - End - #407

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Hi, I'm from UK. I ordered the book and the game in April and I still have not got my confirmation E-mail. Is something wrong?
    I'd guess that they've delayed shipping of your book so that it goes out with the game, and you only have to pay for shipping once. That being said, they're probably processing all the simple (read: domestic) orders first.

That seems to be how they've been handling things up until this point. You'd probably be better off e-mailing Ookoodook to find out for sure though. You can contact them here:

http://ookoodook.wufoo.com/forms/m7x3p9/

or here:

[email protected]
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2011-09-07 at 06:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

any idea when the pre-order fulfillment on the game will be completed?

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Did ... did I say something nice about Amazon earlier?

I guess it would only be fair to state that this was before I had encountered 'super saver shipping'. Compared to that shipping rate, you're doing just fine.

Staring disconsolately at the 'Shipping Soon' label on his Amazon order,

Brian P.
    Last edited by pendell; 2011-09-08 at 04:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiov View Post
    any idea when the pre-order fulfillment on the game will be completed?
    Well, I pre-ordered the game expansion and it is getting out of the door of Oookoodook today. It will go (together with the book) to the Netherlands.

Just in case the info is of help!
    JoseB

o/` Ooooh, sweet mystery of liiiiiIIIIIiiife... o/`

21. - Top - End - #411

The Ookoodook orders that contained games are still being shipped. The process for shipping games or games + books is much slower than just books, because they go into a box, not an envelope. Per shipping, it will still be several more days, perhaps a week, before all of the orders are out.

I should add that as we ship orders, we're making of a note of customers that have way overpaid on shipping. We'll provide those customers Ookoodook store credit for the difference. If you're affected, you'll get an email about this within the next month. So far it is only international customers that are affected.
    Owner of APE Games.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Woohoo! Confirmation for book and game on Thursday, shipped late Friday, and must wait through this terrible weekend to check the mail Monday and Tuesday.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by apegamer View Post
    I should add that as we ship orders, we're making of a note of customers that have way overpaid on shipping. We'll provide those customers Ookoodook store credit for the difference. If you're affected, you'll get an email about this within the next month. So far it is only international customers that are affected.
    Thank you for that!

24. - Top - End - #414

PaladinGuy

Received my game (Yay!), but the plastic insert is damaged (Not-yay.)

On the other hand, the box itself is in pristine condition so it's clear that the plastic insert was damaged independently of the shipping process...which is puzzling. That means it was damaged before it went into the box.

...very strange indeed.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I will admit, I'm starting to get worried about the safety of my book and game. It was sent to Houston on the 10th... and never left. That being said, what exactly does "Electronic Shipping Info Received"? They got the info on the 14th, and nothing has happened since. Did my package bring down USPS once and for all?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShippoWildheart View Post
    You killed all the Catigrls. You monster!
    On my wish for real-world physics.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

confused Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

Hello, forum!
    I received my Dragon Tales copy today, and completely satisfied with it, but I had quite negative expirience while waiting for and getting it. There was a missing digit in my address in shipping notice from Ookoodook. This is not something that annoy me, mistakes happens, I understand, but when I have emailed back about the problem, I don't get an answer at all. So, I waited two weeks for delivery notice from local post office, before I came where myself, and asked clerk to search for it manually, and she barely agreed to do that. Fortunately, package was found, I'm happy and all, but rather disappointed not getting a single responce on my letters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randalor View Post
    I will admit, I'm starting to get worried about the safety of my book and game. It was sent to Houston on the 10th... and never left. That being said, what exactly does "Electronic Shipping Info Received"? They got the info on the 14th, and nothing has happened since. Did my package bring down USPS once and for all?
    The same here. While monitoring USPS status, I have waited something more, but it ("Electronic Shipping Info Received") was last change. May be, you also should check your local post office.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Randalor View Post
    It was sent to Houston on the 10th... and never left.
    That's exactly what happened to my order (which was just the book, admittedly)--USPS tracking never showed it as being anywhere other than Houston, even the same day the package arrived at my door in the UK! I think we can deduce from this that the USPS tracking website is rubbish and you shouldn't worry about what it's telling you.

28. - Top - End - #418

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    That's exactly what happened to my order (which was just the book, admittedly)--USPS tracking never showed it as being anywhere other than Houston, even the same day the package arrived at my door in the UK! I think we can deduce from this that the USPS tracking website is rubbish and you shouldn't worry about what it's telling you.
    Just so you dont think this is a weird one off or anything as well, exactly the same thing happened to me.

29. - Top - End - #419

Alright, all pre-orders have been shipped except for about 10 that need special attention.

If you're an international customer and haven't received your order, don't worry (yet). It can easily take 30 days from when we ship it before you receive your package. If 30 days pass and you've still not received your order, then contact [email protected].

If your tracking message does't show anything past Shipping Info Received in Houston, then don't worry about that, either. Your package is probably no longer in Houston - USPS just didn't update tracking.
    Owner of APE Games.

30. - Top - End - #420

Thumbs up Re: Dragon Tales and OOTS Game Status

I preordered the book and the expansion set. It was shipped on septembre 2nd and both arrived in fine condition today in Germany.

I found the idea of flattening the box very good.