New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maera's]
    She undresses and climbs into bed, quickly drifting into sleep mode.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera heads off to her own room, and does much the same.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Hours later, the synth-woman wakes and dresses, showering and heading downstairs.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]

Maera probably woke up somewhat sooner; if so, she'll be down in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for both of them, and waves to Eo should she come into the room.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    GOOD MORNING MAERA
    HOW ARE YOU

She smiles and waves back.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

[Flats House]

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    She eeps, giggling and squirming, wings tightening against her back in surprise.
    Andy grins and giggles as well, continuing the tickling for a few minutes before releasing her victimfriend!

====

[Eileen's > Tracey's]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Definitely not. Ruins my manicure,"
    Tracey says. "Speaking of which, that'll be later this week. Manicure, pedicure, hairstyle, waxing... the works."
    "And what's wrong with my hair right now? I'm a working girl, not a doctorcatwalk model," Eileen protests.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flats]
    Scainte pinches her cheek.
    C'mon, you. Let's get some breakfast in us.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

[Eileen's > Tracey's > Locker Room]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Eileen's > Tracey's]

"And what's wrong with my hair right now? I'm a working girl, not a doctorcatwalk model," Eileen protests.

"Because when you feel like absolute ****, which is how you're going to feel for the next week or so, at least you can look in the mirror and go 'Daaaamn, I look good!' By the way, did you see anyone about medical management of withdrawal symptoms?"

The two women should be arriving at Remnant now, but we can keep it in this thread since BR is already here. Tracey leads them straight to the locker room and the showers, where she strips out of her Scandalously Short Dress and drops it straight in the trash. Luckily there are standard issue Remnant workout clothes in various sizes (and species compatibility) available for changing into after the shower.

She does keep her heels though.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #489
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Fortress Mountain

Patents? Excelsior don't need no stinkin' patents! Not when they've got big guns and big, dumb muscle to kick in your door with if you try to steal their ideas. And you'd be surprised just how many ideas are 'theirs'.

Anyhoo! The goggles are not, in fact, meant to shield the wearer's eyes. In Day's opinion, anyone who can't handle a wee dose of light radiation without protective has no business being around SCIENCE! anyway. Nope. These neat little toys are instead treated with special chemicals that filter light in odd ways, allowing those without Day's multi-spectrum vision to observe first hand the machine's effect upon ambient radiations. Without them this would all look quite boring.

"Brace yourself. Gonna be awesome." And so saying, Day brings the wires together, the merest touch sufficient to complete the circuit and set the machine roaring, rumbling to life. Behind the device's crystalline lenses something snaps on, a kaleidoscopic array of etherial lights pouring forth, growing brighter... And brighter... And brighter still with no end in sight, until Clarissa might wish she was wearing normal, eye-protecting goggles.

Then there's a sudden, jarring screech and everything shifts. The light that was pouring outwards before is suddenly pulled back inwards, making the entire room seem distort towards the engine as the lightshow forms a tunnel, a whirpool dragging lost spirits in. Tiny streaks of gray can be seen, the ghosts of mice and spiders and whatnot being dragged into the machine, the tiniest flare visible as each passes through one of the machine's many 'eyes' and is converted into pure energy.

Even Clarissa, several degrees shy of being an actual ghost and garbed in material form as she is, might start to feel a slight tug on her essence, like fish-hooks sunk into her soul. Unpleasant. But still far less so than actually being dragged in would be, considering what fate that would spell.

Bit by bit the machine winds down once more, lights sputtering out one by one behind the lenses with an ever-slowing rumble, until it finally falls silent and dark, the dingy room seeming even more dingy than before in wake of a such a show.
    [Fortress Mountain]

Oooo! Pretty lights! Mesmerizing. Absolutely mesmerizing! O.O

And polychromatic! Like oil spillage! Or a spiraling rainbow! Mmmm! Feels nice!

Clarissa doesn't even blink as the (visually) extrasensory radiation floods into her eyes. Why? Because it is amazing, that's why!

And then... Oh. What's this? Is the machine reversing the process and retracting the light! Uh-oh! That's not good!

"Eep!"

Mini-Clarissa screams in a shrill tone as she seemingly "plummets" off of Day's shoulder and "tumbles" into the soul-destructinator 9000's vortex. "She" swims, paddles, and kicks as though "she" were caught in the undertow of a river slowly being tugged under the frigid water on to her demise! "She" makes a great show of it, "struggling against" the tornado before ultimately allowing herself to be "ensnared" by it. "Her" vocal "horror" at once dies away as Mini-Clarissa's fake illusion-fueled copy of herself is dispelled upon entering the machine.

A minute later, she'll bust out laughing regardless of Day's reaction to all of this while Clarissa simply looks on with an amused smile.

"Fun, eh?"

Mini-Clarissa winks with a curtsy befitting the trickster she honestly is!

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Trium goes to slip about half her body through the doorway, mind relinking as she does, since she has no intention of risking the door closing behind her and trapping her inside, or, for that matter, simply being non-existent, which would seem to be more accurate in this case.

"So. You are the one who branded Spec, or at least the one who arrived just after she was branded? Why? What do they do to her, and what was your purpose in applying them?"

The presence may notice that Trium has more magic flowing through her than most eldritch beings, demons, angels, etc., could contain, much less channel.
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Best to be safe, I speculate just in case...

It's a trap!!!

Yes, yes. I concede that Admiral Ackbar outstayed his welcome. Let's show him the door, shall we?

And onward we forge!

Magic! Trium boasts more of it in one pinkie finger than there are nails in an apartment complex, it seems! Goodness gracious! That's gobs of power at her beck and call!

The presence responds in a distinctly feminine voice filled to the brink with cheer and warmth which spills out of its vessel without an ounce of impediment!

"What's this I hear with mine ear? Ah, so she be Trium, my daughter's dear!"

"How be thou this most enchanting day? What brings you here? Is this place not far out of thine way?

"An answer you seek. The answer I keep. For this I can but say... The price for this, the rhyme exacted, is the price to pay."

"Phrase your words as to a hymn with assonance aplenty. The time you spend on this my friend 'tis worth more than a pretty penny!"

"As for now unto the game, a pause, a break, a breather. Her soul, of which thou dost speak, 'tis but a deceiver."

"For I could not nurse a child without a spirit to which I could refer."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

"The place that you stay isn't out of my way.

For the very air sings with so many things, about she who I'm bound to by Promise of Kings*.

However, she's said that her mother is dead.

So who are you here who with manner so mild, though causer of changes both eldritch and wild, dares to take title as parent self-styled?"

*A term referring to the magical compulsion Trium used on herself back in the DFI.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-10 at 01:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Pixie in the Playground

"The thrum of her heart is human, yes. But you know that she does bear my crest. Genetics wherein you think her lineage lie. Yet brutes of the flesh all in good time die. What's blood to say thine is thine and mine is mine? The substance of life is divine!"

"Once upon a time, I thought myself sublime. In my prime, I dreamed of he that would complete me. For none are whole who are without another. And thus became I a mother. 'Twere not in this form, as you see, for such a thing never could be. For he were him and I were me."

"I borrowed a body, as I sense did it and together our spark ignited kindling. And she was not but a little speck at the time when nature went a'tattling. Soulless she would be were it not for my intervention!"

"For I could not a soul acquisition! Nor would I acquiesce to birth a soulless babe! So I gathered what resources I had and set about pilfering from the grave. But not the grave you know. The shack of snow where Water slept. The forge of flame that Fire kept. The crypt of Cain where Earth had crept. The weeping willows where Wind wept. Our elements combined our unity developed. In our arms she grew enveloped. A soul not of us but of a new element. That's all the info that I think is relevant."

"She's a daughter to us and a love unto you. And now comes your choice. What do you do?"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

"You offer a choice, but say not what I choose; how do I know its not 'you win' or 'I lose'?

I always will love her, as bound by my oath, but here the path branches, and I know naught about both; and truly to choose without knowledge I'm loath."

Other than that, Trium doesn't do anything at all for the moment, not wanting to risk inadvertently choosing.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Kate will walk in, and look at the changes. "Thank you." She obviously has some degree of confusion about the added tops and skirts and dresses, but a glance or two over her shoulder and it's fairly obvious that she figures out the logic.
    [Kate's Apartment]

"Think these'll be alright? I can make any other adjustments you want me to; just give me a call and I'll be over pretty quickly," Cos says.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"No, these should be fine. If nothing else, there are a few stores in inside that do custom jobs and I have a friend who makes clothes as a hobby." She closes the closet and turns to Cos. "Thanks again. I'm not sure how I'll hold up my end of the bargain... It'll probably come up when people ask what happened to me."

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maera's]
    Eo comes over to sit with Maera, looking well, one hand on her belly as usual.
    HOW ARE YOU THIS MORNING
    Her free hand types on her... typey projecty thing.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Pixie in the Playground

"Unstable is she in her present form. It is not the norm! I'm afraid she'll gain another's scorn."

"So should you choose to let her be? Permit these changes that you see? Or would you rather she were bland. A grain of rock buried beneath the sand?"

"And should you choose to navigate her path? To steer her right or wrong, redirecting her wrath?"

"And will you tell her of our love? I'd pray you not. 'Twill not make her a dove."

"But I pray you will her mentor free."

"For thou art more wise than she. And someday she'll be bound to you eternally. On one knee... Before thee..."

"She loves you. Do you love her for who she is?"

17. - Top - End - #497
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

Oh noes! Day reacts in the blink of an eye, grabbing for Mini-Clarissa as she's 'dragged' off his shoulder. Seeing as she's an illusion this will likely end with her simply passing through his fingers, but somehow even that doesn't tip Day off to the deception. Suspicion is simply not a talent you develop when you can already read the minds of everyone around you.

Mini-Clarissa reappearing and laughing at him works to clue him in though. "Knew it was a trick. I was only playing along to humor you." He says, crossing his arms and plopping back down in his chair with a sullen expression.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"No, these should be fine. If nothing else, there are a few stores in inside that do custom jobs and I have a friend who makes clothes as a hobby." She closes the closet and turns to Cos. "Thanks again. I'm not sure how I'll hold up my end of the bargain... It'll probably come up when people ask what happened to me."
    [Kate's Apartment]

"That works," the godling says, "I'm not expecting fancy sermons or anything just yet. just spread it around a little, and those interested can meet me in person."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

[Flats]

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Scainte pinches her cheek.
    C'mon, you. Let's get some breakfast in us.
    Andy giggles, and pinches back.
    "That sounds wonderful!"
    And she bounces up out of bed! Tossing her multi-colored hair.

[Remnant Locker Room Scene]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Because when you feel like absolute ****, which is how you're going to feel for the next week or so, at least you can look in the mirror and go 'Daaaamn, I look good!' By the way, did you see anyone about medical management of withdrawal symptoms?"

The two women should be arriving at Remnant now, but we can keep it in this thread since BR is already here. Tracey leads them straight to the locker room and the showers, where she strips out of her Scandalously Short Dress and drops it straight in the trash. Luckily there are standard issue Remnant workout clothes in various sizes (and species compatibility) available for changing into after the shower.

She does keep her heels though.
    Eileen rolls her eyes, both at the thought of wanting to look good and at Tracey's keeping her heels, and removes her contaminated clothing as well. "No, I didn't," she admits with regards to withdrawal managment. "I deserve the symptoms."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flats House]
    She'll get a whole mess of bacon going! Whee, bacons!
    Scainte smiles at Andy. It's been so long since other people have been over...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, I know. Okay, if there isn't anything else... I really want to know why this happened, though. Did it just... happen? That idea doesn't make any sense at all."

A lot of stuff in the nexus doesn't make sense, but... this makes just too little sense. It might even make less sense than getting nexused in the first place (from Kate's point of veiw).

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Remnant Locker Room

[Remnant Locker Room Scene]

Eileen rolls her eyes, both at the thought of wanting to look good and at Tracey's keeping her heels, and removes her contaminated clothing as well. "No, I didn't," she admits with regards to withdrawal managment. "I deserve the symptoms."
    "Find another way to express your self-loathing, hon, because I don't deserve to have to babysit you through them," Tracey points out. "Plus they can kill you, and I do not EVEN want to try and explain to Vasquez why I let you die under my care. Every latrine on base could not supply all the **** I'd be in."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Remnant Locker Room

"Fine then, I'll let them crack open my skull, metaphorically, and mutter "fascinating"," Eileen says dryly, as she steps into a shower. And, well, showers. Showerifficially.

[Flats]

"We'll need to fix that," Andy declares with a smile - giving Scainte a peck on the cheek.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flats]
    She blushes, plating out the masses of crispy baaaaaaacon.
    So um.
    What happens now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Remnant Locker Room

Remnant Locker Room

"Fine then, I'll let them crack open my skull, metaphorically, and mutter "fascinating"," Eileen says dryly, as she steps into a shower. And, well, showers. Showerifficially.
    "You really are a drama queen, aren't you?" Tracey says from her own shower stall. "It's a few shots of vitamins and benzodisomething-or-others, and someone stopping by to check on your heart every so often. And you're still going to suffer. You just won't be having hallucinations or strokes or whatever."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, I know. Okay, if there isn't anything else... I really want to know why this happened, though. Did it just... happen? That idea doesn't make any sense at all."

A lot of stuff in the nexus doesn't make sense, but... this makes just too little sense. It might even make less sense than getting nexused in the first place (from Kate's point of veiw).
    Cos rubs the back of his head, "I already looked into that actually. Looks like... well, you spawned a spirit of change. Or rather, all the crap that keeps happening to you did, and it manifested while you slept."

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"What?" Kate looks at Cosiellio, confused. "So... so much weird stuff has happened to me that I, but not technically me myself, spawned a spirit of change that changed me, and then Sophie... and is presumably is now at large? Or did it just peter out?"

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"That's about right, yes," Cos says, "And yeah, it's still at large. looks like it can only inflict changes on humans though. Not even humanoids, just humans."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"That's weird. But... Sophie was not human nor humanoid... at all. It can obviously do more than just change humans, if it was able to change her into a grig." Kate tries to remember whether there are any more humans in the apartment building... she can't even remember, the most she knows is that the landlord is most definitely not human and that there was a little problem with cultists a month or two ago, but nothing ever came of that.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos frowns, "Intellectus isn't all-knowing, I guess. Really, it's only changed a few humans, yourself included, and sophie so far, so I was running on an assumption."