New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVIII

[Melody's Island- East Beach]

Ermine chuckles and tells them her phone number. Then she'll probably put Melody's in her phone. Swapping numbers. The pirate likes advanced technology like this. Though of course, it's a bit hard for her to use, being partially illiterate. But she knows numbers. The text she sent was just latitude and longitude coordinates. That she somehow knew. Pirate, I dunno. <.<

The airship is still on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very nice. Mine just meows." Reinholdt says with a nod.

And pokes Rot to Inside for Chione.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island

Happy... goes along with things. She's mostly trying to stay out of the way and let Melody enjoy being with her friends without making things too horribly awkward for her. If Melody insisted, she'd probably let her go on the airship without her, but she does feel better being along in case there's trouble.

It's the Nexus. There's always trouble.

However, her reticence during all of this means she can be skipped when posting, as she won't say anything unless addressed directly, and won't instigate anything unless she thinks Melody is in danger. Chaperone zombie time!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground

Jungle - Cave

Sleet smiles at the new turn of events. That was perfect. Chez, Marty and Kale were now in a fight, and quite distracted. Breaking into a run, she gives the fight a wide berth... and runs up to Shada. Immediately the clash of swords ring out as the elf and the human meet.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #905
    Pixie in the Playground

CAVE Forget about me Sleet? Griktak shoots a fireball at Sleet.
    creating chaos, that is why it is called chaotic evil I thank Darklord Bright for the avatar.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Vynlerash by Darklord Bright
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Pixie in the Playground

Jungle - Cave

No actually, Sleet hadn't forgotten about Griktak and had actually been counting on his fury. She'd been ready for a fireball or meteor swarm or other area effect spell to come her way, for when it does as she knew it would, she deftly rolls to the side and out of the way. Shada however, who was standing pretty close to Sleet to be engaged in a battle with her, is not so quick and the spell explodes on her instead. Thanks! Sleet laughs at Griktak, readying herself to jump aside again.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty hears and runs for Shada.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Pixie in the Playground

CAVE Griktak casts color spray.
    creating chaos, that is why it is called chaotic evil I thank Darklord Bright for the avatar.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Vynlerash by Darklord Bright
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #909
    Banned

Chez does in fact fall on his face. But then he rolls over onto his back, blood dripping down his snout.

"I used to like you..." He growls."But then i took a Kale to the Knee."

Yes, Elder Paws V: Skyrim exists in his universe. As do Internet Memes. Of course, being on his Back gives him one Advantage. He's on his back. How is that an Advantage? No Idea, but i'll think of one.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jungle- Cave

Kale doesn't know what Chez is talking about, and he doesn't care to know!

Within a blink of the eye Kale's back on his feet, rushing forward to try and grab Chez by the throat, throwing punch after punch at the wolfman in the hopes of keeping him stunned.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Pixie in the Playground

Jungle - Cave

Sleet was glad she'd readied herself in time to jump out of the way again. She rolls right into the path of Marty who's running towards Shada. Hello, darling. She pulls out his gun and waves it in front of him. Look what I have! Oh, you really musn't leave your things lying around.

Shada, who's already taken some fire damage, wonders which fight she should join. There's a huge gnoll-like creature fighting a human. She doesn't really care about either. than there's Marty being confronted by Sleet. That's not much of a decision. Yet she's afraid of Sleet. perhaps more so than of the gnolls. And a fireball in their direction would hurt Marty too. So instead she raises her sword and slings off a fireball towards Chez and Kale, hoping to at least fry Chez a little. Then she's off towards Marty and Sleet, but it'll take her a few moments to get there.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Marty pulls put a frying pan and swings at Sleet.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Banned

((What direction is Chez being Attacked at? This determines my response...))

14. - Top - End - #914

(Sorry if it was unclear, Kale's behind Chez, trying to get him in a one armed sleeper hold and beat the crud outta him.)

15. - Top - End - #915
    Pixie in the Playground

^^((That's gotta be hard to do to a 12 foot tall wolf...

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

Frying pan of ddddoooommmm .

17. - Top - End - #917
    Pixie in the Playground

((Oh. Sorry, didn't see the post))

Sleet laughs at the frying pan as she steps back to avoid being hit. A frying pan? You've got to be kidding. She puts the gun away again and draws her greatsword. Looking for an opening so as not to be hit by the frying pan, she waits, dodging.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    (Sorry if it was unclear, Kale's behind Chez, trying to get him in a one armed sleeper hold and beat the crud outta him.)
    Yeah, Chez's neck is 1.5 feet thick. Good Luck Buddy.

The Wolf Plays along, pretending to breathe hard and look like it's hurting him.

It's not.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    ((Oh. Sorry, didn't see the post))

Sleet laughs at the frying pan as she steps back to avoid being hit. A frying pan? You've got to be kidding. She puts the gun away again and draws her greatsword. Looking for an opening so as not to be hit by the frying pan, she waits, dodging.
    He throws a shower of paprika cayan powder on Sleet, and swings I will still break you, you monster!

20. - Top - End - #920

Jungle- Cave

Well, too bad for Chez, Kale ain't gonna stop hitting him any time soon. And Kale hits hard. After a lifetime of fighting bedrock and winning, one tends to pack quite a punch, in this case enough that Chez would have to have a solid steel skull not to feel the blows.

Ruins of Drychalk- The Storm

As soon as Karyana steps into the raging vortex, she'll sense it. Magic. Raw, uncontrolled magic, infusing every airborn speck of ash and flying ember, saturating the very air. The wild magic field is weak here, far from the center, but strong enough to cause minor disruption. As she follows after the suited creature, she'll find ice crunching underfoot, the air growing ever colder despite the sparks of flame that fall like burning raindrops all around and the flashes of lightning in the distance. The sound is overpowering, the howl of wind drowning out all but the ocassional booming thunderclap as they make their way into the storm.

After what must be a hundred yards at least, the mystery man halts, the outline a metal locker growing clear in the ash-grey fog. "C'mere, grab a suit 'fore ya get fried by an lucky bolt!" He shouts, voice the merest whisper over the deafening background noise.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave

Martys attacks are rather pathetic. The cave smells of spices.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island- East Beach}

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Ermine chuckles and tells them her phone number. Then she'll probably put Melody's in her phone. Swapping numbers. The pirate likes advanced technology like this. Though of course, it's a bit hard for her to use, being partially illiterate. But she knows numbers. The text she sent was just latitude and longitude coordinates. That she somehow knew. Pirate, I dunno. <.<

The airship is still on its way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Very nice. Mine just meows." Reinholdt says with a nod.

And pokes Rot to Inside for Chione.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy... goes along with things. She's mostly trying to stay out of the way and let Melody enjoy being with her friends without making things too horribly awkward for her. If Melody insisted, she'd probably let her go on the airship without her, but she does feel better being along in case there's trouble.

It's the Nexus. There's always trouble.

However, her reticence during all of this means she can be skipped when posting, as she won't say anything unless addressed directly, and won't instigate anything unless she thinks Melody is in danger. Chaperone zombie time!
    Aaand Meloody waits to see the flaming pirate ship.

((As I noted a couple days ago, I'll be gone for about a week. So if you'd like to, we can assume that Ermine and Reinholdt showed Melody and Happy around the ship, said their goodbyes to the happy couple, and then departed.

Or, you can wait until I get back. Which isn't until the 12th. ))

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Cave

Martys attacks are rather pathetic. The cave smells of spices.
    Marty's attack is not as pathetic as he may have thought. The spices fly into Sleet's eyes and she's momentarily blinded. She scratches at her eyes angrily with one hand, but neglects to step back, and his hit by the frying pan. I am so going to kill you. She hisses.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-01-07 at 09:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Cave
    You'd have to see first!
    Marty throws a fork from his bag at Sleet.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post

The robot raises both of his arms, aiming at her. The center of one glows with blue light that occasionally flickers, and a ring of missles springs open from the other arm, ready to fire.

S-S-Submit It says, with various unpleasant corrupted sounds sneaking in as it vocalises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Aquasphere Altercation]

A cloud of wild magic was probably something one should avoid like the plague. Given what Ghoul had seen the randomized magical discharge do so far, she was highly certain that she didn't want to be anywhere near the thing. Accelerating and pulling into a shallow dive, the muse would put as much distance as she could away from the thing. With luck, it would stay stationary.

As for dealing with Feia, hopefully she would be stunned for a while more. It would make things so much easier, really.

....At least the mechanaloid was there to provide a suppressive influence. Of course, if it tried to muscle in on the actual capture then it had another thing coming.
    At least they were polite enough to not shoot her while she was down.
    Feia would probably be appreciative, if she held the faintest touch of give-a-damn.

Instead, she is trying to stand back up.
    "Submit what, I wonder? I owe you no files."
    Her standing attempt not being particularly fruitful, by all appearances, she has taken to muttering to herself, amidst somewhat mad giggling.

A dead feeling consumes the air around her.

Up above, there is a gleam of light as the wild magic warps the direction of light, ending up playing it down upon the field below in a slightly more concentrated beam.

This merely an unintended distraction, from a more severe occurrence.
    As the light passes through the cloud, to be promptly redirected, there is another contraction, sinking deep into the fabric of reality.

A quiet noise, the muted sound of a popped cork.
    Riding on the tail of gleaming light, the sky is on fire.

The cloud vanishes again, moving to a new spot some distance away, leaving behind a burning sear in the air, bleeding out hungry tongues of flame to all it can reach.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #926
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Hermitage of Dalachrech- Elezibethele

Spoiler
    Show
    Elezibethele will zap, longer than really necessary, and again every time Mine tries to resist.

Unless he gets a heart attack from the electrical discharge, however, Elezibethele has absolutely no intention to kill him. That would be too kind. If he fakes death, she'll zap him again. Which, if he isn't faking, might get his heart beating again.

Hermitage of Dalachrech- Azurelle

Spoiler
    Show
    As usual, Azurelle will hamper any attempt to help her by groping and pinching at Toy's naked flesh. Azurelle will not return the favour, merely watching as Toy pulls on the dress and shoes. The dress has an inner lining made of something that itches uncomfortably, though the outside is made of a smooth material. No underwear is supplied, either.

Azurelle seems to have completely forgotten Toy's sisters, leaving the chamber and Hermitage without making any moves to letting them out of the dark, smelly chamber in which they are chained and giving them breakfast.
    [Hermitage of Dalachrech - Elezibethele]

Spoiler
    Show
    Ouch! Pain! Pain! Each and every electrical shock delivered is accompanied by a "Dzzz!" noise which Mine produces as the electricity causes minor, violent muscular convulsions in his throat! The determined Mine will attempt to tug on the electrified chain periodically during the trip to the torture chamber. Eventually, however, they shall likely arrive.

This is bad.

[Hermitage of Dalachrech - Azurelle]

Spoiler
    Show
    The slaves are accustomed to hunger and neglect. It is far more familiar than the abuse they've been suffering for the past few hours. In truth, they find it preferable to be cold and half-starved than be full and tortured. The chains don't help, though. The stiff metal cuffs are starting to dig into their skin, cutting off a little bit of blood circulation.

Toy once again finds herself acting as a martyr on her sisters' behalf. She must bear the brunt of Azurelle's abuse for today. With any luck, if all goes as planned, she'll become Azurelle's favorite kicking slave, and the others won't be harmed as much. Every cloud has a silver lining if we search hard enough for it.

Still the dress is itchy! Hopefully, it isn't cold outside. That wouldn't be beneficial. Undergarments, however itchy and uncomfortable, would definitely be indispensable if it is chilly and windy out.

Without further delay, Toy shall accompany Azurelle to Riverside.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Orc in the Playground

On the horizon, the Crimson Tempest appears! The huge red airship has dual rings of fire encircling it and propelling it fire, making it a rather impressive sight. Ermine beams with pride at "her" ship as it rockets across the sky. Over the island, it begins slowing down and comes to a stop above the beach. A robe ladder is thrown down!

This scene is halted until Lex gets back, in case Melody wants a tour of the ship. However, Ermine and Reinholdt are still gonna go rob that bathtub store! Plot clones away!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #928
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: [Nexus] Outside XXVIII

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    At least they were polite enough to not shoot her while she was down.
    Feia would probably be appreciative, if she held the faintest touch of give-a-damn.

Instead, she is trying to stand back up.
    "Submit what, I wonder? I owe you no files."
    Her standing attempt not being particularly fruitful, by all appearances, she has taken to muttering to herself, amidst somewhat mad giggling.

A dead feeling consumes the air around her.

Up above, there is a gleam of light as the wild magic warps the direction of light, ending up playing it down upon the field below in a slightly more concentrated beam.

This merely an unintended distraction, from a more severe occurrence.
    As the light passes through the cloud, to be promptly redirected, there is another contraction, sinking deep into the fabric of reality.

A quiet noise, the muted sound of a popped cork.
    Riding on the tail of gleaming light, the sky is on fire.

The cloud vanishes again, moving to a new spot some distance away, leaving behind a burning sear in the air, bleeding out hungry tongues of flame to all it can reach.

The robot starts ponderously walking over to Feia, pointing both of his arms at her. Its movements are jerky.

Kneeeeeeeeeeel. It says, the sound stuttering. If she obeys it will continue to approach, before firing a set of handcuffs at her wrists.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

Riv's Hamlet

The lack of infection actually makes Javert easier to track, distinguishing his scent from that of the mutated villagers. It doesn't take the hydratroll long to pick out his trail; a path that leads into the ruins, doubles back a short ways, then veers off to-

Javert will likely still be close enough to see when the ungainly creature's head snaps up, it's yellow eyes locked onto the building he was in only moments ago. Drawing what appears to be a turret gun refitted for infantry use from a sling on it's back, the hydroll opens fire on the derelict building Javert was in only a little while ago, sending a concentrated spray of magnetically propelled rounds to tear into the already weakened walls and thoroughly ensure there's nothing alive inside.

Satisfied that it's not walking into an ambush, the hydroll stalks into the ruin, sniffing about and quickly picking up Javert's trail once more. It's certainly too heavy to follow him over the rooftops though, so the posse is instead forced to follow parallel to his trail on the ground, slowly their progress as his scent is harder to track this way. This means Javert will almost certainly have time to reach the better parts of town and pick a new ambush spot before the hunting party catches up.

Riv's Hamlet

Javert pauses at the sound and sight of the fully automatic gunfire. Even though the magnetic propulsion would make it quieter, there's still the unmistakable sound of a ruin being torn to shreds. He stays still, silently thinking and ignoring Pride's mirthful mental smirk at the show of power.

Even if he ran, they'd find him eventually, and it'd only be a matter of time before they just shot the place out from around him and even if the bullets didn't kill him, the possibility of a collapsed structure on top of him sent a slight shiver down the assassin's spine.

The time for stealth-strikes was over. It was time to send a clear and brutal message.

Javert begins to move again, sprinting across the way he came, towards the group of Pizza Drones and the Hydroll. As he reaches across his chest towards his blade, his fingers twist an amulet around his neck, causing the air around him to crackle noisily and shimmer with faint light.

It undoubtedly gives him away, and right before he reaches the edge of the rooftop, he leaps, drawing both Pride and his power-blade as he dives towards the far side of the Pizza Drones to put them between him and the Hydroll.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Banned

Jungle- Cave

Well, too bad for Chez, Kale ain't gonna stop hitting him any time soon. And Kale hits hard. After a lifetime of fighting bedrock and winning, one tends to pack quite a punch, in this case enough that Chez would have to have a solid steel skull not to feel the blows.

Ruins of Drychalk- The Storm

As soon as Karyana steps into the raging vortex, she'll sense it. Magic. Raw, uncontrolled magic, infusing every airborn speck of ash and flying ember, saturating the very air. The wild magic field is weak here, far from the center, but strong enough to cause minor disruption. As she follows after the suited creature, she'll find ice crunching underfoot, the air growing ever colder despite the sparks of flame that fall like burning raindrops all around and the flashes of lightning in the distance. The sound is overpowering, the howl of wind drowning out all but the ocassional booming thunderclap as they make their way into the storm.

After what must be a hundred yards at least, the mystery man halts, the outline a metal locker growing clear in the ash-grey fog. "C'mere, grab a suit 'fore ya get fried by an lucky bolt!" He shouts, voice the merest whisper over the deafening background noise.
    The Wolf Growls, "Get... Off!" And elbows Kale in the Nuts...

Of Course, His Skull is Cracked open and Bleeding Profusely.