New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Reene puts on her concerned face.

"I see. And have manners, Carina! You can't call people crazy like that"

Reene starts thinking.

"What kind of... Spirits. Are those? Do they have anything to do with your sister disappearing yesterday?"

By her tone of voice, Reene appears to believe Ren is either suffering from the trauma or agrees with her daughter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

When she hears her name on the speaker, Kina's face goes completely pale. Slowly, almost automatically, she gets up and walks out the door with the others.

Her face is pale and colorless the entire walk. She doesn't respond to anyone else's words at all.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren doesn't look the least bit dismayed by the acts of Reene and her daughter. "I don't mind. She's extremely adorable. Of course she's not as cute as my sister, but then again, no one is." He sighs and shrugs. "Why are you answering my question with questions? Do you have any idea why I might have my hunch?"

Ken notices Kina's complexion paling and gives her a concerned look. "What's wrong? You're starting to look like me.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-23 at 08:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Gee Ken, maybe it's because the lot of us got called to the principal's office. And she didn't say "please" with us. Ugh. Should have had Mr. Reiji call in or something..."

A look of inspiration crosses his face as he pulls out his phone and sends a quick text to the cell phone he knows Sadako has. In the text he lets her know that he and his friends are facing some trouble from the principal, and hopes Mr. Reiji could perhaps intervene to at least help lighten the "sentence" a bit.

"I mean, it's not like any of us like the idea of detention or...oh, crap."

He pales a bit himself.

"What if this goes on our permanent records? Like, the ones colleges see?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene frowns, this young man is quite ill-mannered.

"No mister Ki, I have no idea why you have such a 'hunch'. Care to elaborate?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

[Principal's Office]

Carina actually turns to Ren now, dumbfounded.

...He really is a moron. Can I eat him?

[Outside the Office]

Valeria just sort of blends into the background silently, too busy thinking about her existing issues to really sweat the impending punishment.

Mom... and... what happened with Sora... what am I supposed to think...
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-23 at 09:15 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unlike the rest of them, Sora appears unphased by this event. He's pulling out his sketchbook again, popping in his headphones, and settling down to draw.

Back to that sketch of the girl and the boy.

Onii-chan, my hair isn't that long!

That voice was starting to piss him off.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

"No Carina, you may not eat my students."

"Besides, a mortal soul has none of the things you need to grow stronger, it will just ruin your appetite."

Telepathy shenanigans.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken looked to Kaito momentarily. His face was expressionless. "I'm asking because I'm wondering if there is anything else in particular that is making her so uneasy beyond what we already know. I don't think we really have to worry about a single absence we have an explanation for ruining our chances of getting into our future school of choice, especially when we are only in our first month of our first year of senior high school."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito facepalmed and turned to Kina.

"Sorry about this. Look. I think we can keep this from being totally horrible. Um. Maybe you can say you were helping me cope with the sudden danger my parents were in? The principal knows they were attacked once. Me needing moral support from a friend stands to reason. I don't know how far we can stretch it, but if one or two others think they'd get in really deep trouble about this, I think we can swing that. It's true, too. I needed everyone's help yesterday. We all needed each other, I'd say.

But Kina, you don't have to tell us what else is bothering you if you don't want to. Despite the insistence of some of our nosier peers.
    "

He sent a small glare to Ken.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken once more turned his attention from Kina to Kaito. He continued to maintain a poker face. "All I was trying to do was show my concern for her. She already knows I wouldn't try to pressure her into telling me anything she doesn't feel like sharing with me."

12. - Top - End - #582

Nakahiro looks up at Kaito's suggestion.

"Any way I can help? I have a note from my doctor, so I should be off the hook."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Kina doesn't respond to anyone with words, though she smiles a little when Kaito comforts her.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken once more turned his attention from Kina to Kaito. He continued to maintain a poker face. "All I was trying to do was show my concern for her. She already knows I wouldn't try to pressure her into telling me anything she doesn't feel like sharing with me."
    Kaito gives him such a look.

"You were just doing that when you insisted it was something else, besides worrying about detention or permanent record. Drop it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro looks up at Kaito's suggestion.

"Any way I can help? I have a note from my doctor, so I should be off the hook."
    Kaito gave a grateful smile to Nakahiro, before going thoughtful.

"Let's see. Izumi and Ren, ideally, won't get punished. You have the note. I can rightfully invoke the involvement of my parents. I mentioned earlier how I could get Kina "off the hook". Um. Like I said, I could maybe invoke one other person with that..."

He shakes his head.

"Ok, in the future, we need a better system for this. That's priority one, in the short-term. Today, though, I dunno. Who else is particularly worried about this being an issue?"

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito gives him such a look.

"You were just doing that when you insisted it was something else, besides worrying about detention or permanent record. Drop it."
    "I wasn't trying to. You can't read my mind so you can't know for certain what I was trying to do. I said what I did out of concern."

16. - Top - End - #586

Sora groans. "Could the two of you kindly stop it? I haven't slept in the past 36 hours, and hearing the two of you bicker over nothing is really annoying me. Honestly, some people..."

He stretches, muttering something before saying, "You know Kaito-san there is always the possibility that Lucaster-sensei merely wishes to discuss why so many of us weren't here yesterday. And then we can say 'we were supporting Izumi in her time of need.' And then we'll be off the hook."

He chuckles, blowing at the hair in front of his ruined eye. "Unless someone mentions what we actually did, or spirits or something. After all, Lucaster-sensei has no idea what those are, and now would be neither the time nor place for such an act, considering that we were fighting for our lives instead of being in school. And both of those are against the law for minors."

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside the Principal's Office]

Valeria speaks up, her voice sounding tired.

"I'll accept any punishment... I'm just happy everyone is okay." She doesn't actually sound it, but she manages a wry smile.

[Principal's Office]

Carina does not frown, but she gives the mental impression of one.

Awww...

The girl stays silent even in the face of Ren's compliment.

[Elsewhere...]

In the secluded Abel Manor, well after Valeria's departure for school, Claudia's phone rings.

But not her personal phone.

That phone.

When she answers, she will hear a familiar voice...

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings Agent 16."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora groans. "Could the two of you kindly stop it? I haven't slept in the past 36 hours, and hearing the two of you bicker over nothing is really annoying me. Honestly, some people..."

He stretches, muttering something before saying, "You know Kaito-san there is always the possibility that Lucaster-sensei merely wishes to discuss why so many of us weren't here yesterday. And then we can say 'we were supporting Izumi in her time of need.' And then we'll be off the hook."

He chuckles, blowing at the hair in front of his ruined eye. "Unless someone mentions what we actually did, or spirits or something. After all, Lucaster-sensei has no idea what those are, and now would be neither the time nor place for such an act, considering that we were fighting for our lives instead of being in school. And both of those are against the law for minors."
    "I don't see the harm in mentioning I went to see my parents. It is the truth, and it helps, ah, build a better foundation, if you will. Suppose we just play it by ear."

He says nothing one way or another about his arguments with Ken, though he's basically ignoring the jock at this point.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Reene frowns, this young man is quite ill-mannered.

"No mister Ki, I have no idea why you have such a 'hunch'. Care to elaborate?"
    "One of the teachers here said they could. I would greatly appreciate it if you told me whether or not you can see them too."

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Elsewhere...]
    Spoiler
    Show

In the secluded Abel Manor, well after Valeria's departure for school, Claudia's phone rings.

But not her personal phone.

That phone.

When she answers, she will hear a familiar voice...

Spoiler
    Show
    "Greetings Agent 16."
    Claudia stares at the phone for a moment before picking it up. That... is not a great sign. With trepidation, she flips that phone open.

Spoiler
    Show
    "...Hello, 01. What do you wish to speak about?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Reene gives an exasperated sigh and leans back on her chair.

"Very well. Yes. I can see spirits mister Ki. Which teacher are you talking about?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yamashiro-sensei."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Doomed
    Rex silently listens to the increasing agitation, his back slowly straightening. Finally, he pulls himself to his full hight and, throwing all care for cultural contact sensitivity out the window, firmly moves to grip Ken and Kaito by their shoulders.

"We're all in the same boat here an' bickerin' like friggin' grade schoolers ain't gonna help worth a damn. I'm new to this little group an' don't know who has the hots for who or who's got vendettas, an' right now I don't much care because we've got more on our hands." The hardness in his voice is a far cry from the usual friendliness. "We can have fun with drama all we want once we figure out how we're gonna minimize the damage. Got it?"

Rex steps away and his tone regains some of its usual easygoing nature. "Sorry. I'm kinda on edge right now... you guys all know each other, but I'm pretty much boned. Don't think the principal will buy that I had to comfort a classmate in a school I just got to."

Last Night
    "You're right, Norio-san. We just usually think of them more like sports. Uh... are you gonna be helpin' Izumi-san with her sword trainin'? I'm gonna do my best to help her out, but my family really doesn't use close fightin'. Not even my aunt."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-09-24 at 12:21 AM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

"Mayumi."

Mayumi might feel like a moonlet of the purest killing intent has just crash-landed on her.

Reene stands up.

"Does this questioning have anything to do with what happened yesterday? Did your friends outside go out to help you find your sisters?"

Pause.

"Did it involve hollows? Did you fight?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex silently listens to the increasing agitation, his back slowly straightening. Finally, he pulls himself to his full hight and, throwing all care for cultural contact sensitivity out the window, firmly moves to grip Ken and Kaito by their shoulders.

"We're all in the same boat here an' bickerin' like friggin' grade schoolers ain't gonna help worth a damn. I'm new to this little group an' don't know who has the hots for who or who's got vendettas, an' right now I don't much care because we've got more on our hands." The hardness in his voice is a far cry from the usual friendliness. "We can have fun with drama all we want once we figure out how we're gonna minimize the damage. Got it?"

Rex steps away and his tone regains some of its usual easygoing nature. "Sorry. I'm kinda on edge right now... you guys all know each other, but I'm pretty much boned. Don't think the principal will buy that I had to comfort a classmate in a school I just got to."
    Kaito's face drops into a scowl.

"I'm sorry. But you know what, it's been a sucky few days for me, buddy. Not only did both my parents get Hollow-napped yesterday, but our house is still being repaired because the mafia shot it to hell and back. So forgive me if Ken and I still don't get along!"

He threw his hands into the air.

"And I'm sorry you're boned, alright? We didn't make a plan, and so at least some of us are boned. I'm just trying to do what I can, okay?"

'Bad enough I have to deal with Ken's skeezy jock act. I don't need half the group jumping me.'

"Look. Like I said, we play it by ear, and take our licks as they come, alright?"

26. - Top - End - #596

Sora shrugged. "I'll take the blame."

He's still drawing, mostly ignoring everyone. "I do this all the time, in case you have forgotten Kaito-san. I'll say that I heard about some club or whatever and dragged the rest of you along. It'll work out."

Yatta! Onii-chan's super selfless~

Not now imouto.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-09-24 at 12:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia stares at the phone for a moment before picking it up. That... is not a great sign. With trepidation, she flips that phone open.

Spoiler
    Show
    "...Hello, 01. What do you wish to speak about?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is some hesitation before a response is given. Which is rare for 01.

"...You are within close proximity of Project Penumbra Case #1 for much of your daily routine. Such is your duty. Tell me, are you aware of any spiritual activity that the subject has taken part in?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Last Night
    "You're right, Norio-san. We just usually think of them more like sports. Uh... are you gonna be helpin' Izumi-san with her sword trainin'? I'm gonna do my best to help her out, but my family really doesn't use close fightin'. Not even my aunt."
    Norio grins. "Oh, yes."

Izumi seems to wilt a little. "I'm doomed."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken grabs Rex's hand as it heads towards his shoulder and releases it as soon as he feels it being withdrawn. "I'm sorry, but please don't touch me. You've made your point. I'll be silent. I'm sorry I'm bothering you all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Mayumi."

Mayumi might feel like a moonlet of the purest killing intent has just crash-landed on her.

Reene stands up.

"Does this questioning have anything to do with what happened yesterday? Did your friends outside go out to help you find your sisters?"

Pause.

"Did it involve hollows? Did you fight?"
    "Our sisters were abducted by hollows. My friends helped us rescue them. We did fight a bunch. I think we fought five. I really didn't want to be rude to you. I'm sorry I was. I just really wanted to know if you were spiritually aware and I'm very grateful that you told me the truth. I thought when you said you could see them a moment ago you were just annoyed and humouring me. I thank you very much for your honesty." Ren's words sounded quite sincere and he genuinely seemed pretty sorry. To be more specific, he appeared somewhat down and ashamed.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-24 at 01:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Orc in the Playground

"Amazing. You kids managed to coordinate yourselves to kill a bunch of Hollows, but you can't put your differences aside for something as simple as detention. I am a little disappointed."

Hasunaga walked up to the children as they bickered.

"As a group, you're supposed to stick together. It's great that each of you had your own ideas for how to get yourselves out of this mess, but you're not doing anyone a favor by letting your troubles come between you."

He turned to Sora.

"And playing the martyr doesn't make anyone feel any better, Namikaze-kun. They might be glad they're off the hook at first, but they'll all feel guilty that they left you to hang later. Sometimes selflessness can be a little selfish too."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."