New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: nwn 2!

1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: nwn 2!

They capped it? Well at least it's technically better balanced...

the technically being that I'll still drop most dragons and demi-liches with two castings. Maybe three.

Otherwise, DI: Magic is a new and nasty variable... good to know that it exists, since it does make life a bit more difficult for mages since magic damage won't be able to bypass every possible protection.

Otherwise, Implosion is what a high SR is for... or Spell Mantle and its like. *grins*

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    Otherwise, Implosion is what a high SR is for... or Spell Mantle and its like. *grins*

If we are talking about Old-School NWN1 cheese fighting... I trump everything and cast Flesh to Stone. The spell is bugged and always works, even if you have immunity to it. Lets not forget Bigbys Forceful Hand of Automatic Win, too. Have fun knowcked down and stunned for 20 rounds. And if I'm using Clericzilla and have time to buff, I stack Divine Power (also badly bugged) and get 50 attacks per round.

Seriosuly, the amount of cheese in NWN1 was obscene. They did a decient job of correcting alot of the issues in 2 so far though, so I'm actually pretty happy with it.

Oh yah, was playing around yesterday with shapechnage and relised the coding for it is crap. Wizards and Sorcerors who use it cannot cast spells while shapechanged... but a Druid with Nature Spell can cast spells in ANY form. Oh well.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground

Just a quick question for those of us who are enjoying this game. Even though I still cant get the hang of spell casters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are there any more Ironfist relics in the caves where you found the gloves?
    Proud Member of the Roy Fanclub

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

The 7600 has arrived YeeeHa
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    That's mine, etc.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

now i command you to go to Game & purchace it...

oh and use my reward card.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I bought it, and I installed it, along with the patch--a process which took well over an hour.

My impressions are, overall, not very good. The performance is way slow for the quality of the graphics. The interface is clunky and poorly documented, and the henchman AI is infuriating. It's especially infuriating because when your henchman die, you can't abandon them--you are instantly stuck in whatever area you're in, and remain stuck until you save them. Even if there's a horde of enemies on your tail and you're Chaotic Evil.

All this I could put up with... but the storyline is killing me.

Spoiler
    Show
    I get to Neverwinter and head for the Sunken Flagon. There I visit Duncan of the Unpronounceable Last Name, also known as the Man with the Plot Hook. He tells me I have to talk to Aldanon the Sage about these mysterious shards.

Me: "Sounds good to me. Where's Aldanon?"
    Duncan: "The Blacklake District. It's all locked up."
    Me: "How do I get in?"
    Duncan: "You can join the City Watch, or you can make a deal with this thief Caleb."

Being a Chaotic Neutral sorceror with an allergy to authority, I decide I'd rather cut a deal with the thieves. So off I go to Caleb.

Me: "I want to get into Blacklake."
    Caleb: "Okay, go make this merchant cough up his protection money."

I use my 20 Charisma to sweet-talk the merchant into paying up. There's some trouble with the City Watch, which I skillfully defuse.

Me: "Here's the money. Can you get me into Blacklake now?"
    Caleb: "No, you have to talk to my boss Moire about that."

I go talk to Moire.

Moire: "Okay, go make sure the City Watch around here knows who's boss."

I go around to all the watchmen and make sure they won't give the thieves any trouble.

Me: "I did it. They're on our side now. Can I get into Blacklake?"
    Moire: "I said show them who's boss, not get them on our side! Here's a torch. Burn down the City Watch building."
    Me: "You're a f***ing maniac."
    Moire: "Do it."
    Me: "The entire Watch will be out to get us."
    Moire: "I'm not talking to you any more until you burn down the City Watch building."
    Me: "But..."
    Moire: "La la la la, I can't hear you."

I go to the City Watch.

Me: "Moire's pissing me off. I want to rat her out to the City Watch in exchange for access to Blacklake."
    City Watch: "We're not going to give you that dialogue option. You made a deal with Caleb, you can't change storylines now."
    Me: "Fine. Be that way."

I search the entirety of Neverwinter for some other way into Blacklake, and find nothing. Finally giving in to the plot railroad, I burn down the Watch building and go back to Moire.

Me: "I burned down the Watch building. Now can I get into Blacklake?"
    Moire: "No."
    Me: "Let me put it another way. You can either get me into Blacklake, or eat half a dozen fireballs while my henchmen pound on you."
    Moire: "I'm a neutral NPC. The God of Pre-Scripted Plots protects me. Nyah nyah."
    Me: "Damn you!"
    Moire: "My boss Axle wants to talk to you. If you're nice to him, he might get you into Blacklake."
    Me: "Grrrrr. Fine."

I go talk to Moire's boss.

Axle: "You moron! You burned down the City Watch building! Now the entire Watch will be out to get us!"
    Me: "That's what I said. Can you get me into Blacklake?"
    Axle: "Maybe. Listen to this long spiel about Luskan and Nasher."
    Me: *snore*
    Axle: "Hey, wake up! Go protect this weapons shipment, and don't kill any more Watchmen."
    Me: "Okaaaay."

I go protect the shipment on its way to the warehouse. I do reasonably well at not killing Watchmen. Then an informant in Moire's gang tips off the Watch and a small army of Watchmen descends on the warehouse.

Me: "Axle didn't want me to kill any of you. Can we talk about this?"
    City Watch: "Hack! Slaughter! Maim!"
    Me: "Well, if you insist."

I annihilate the small army of Watchmen and go back to Axle.

Axle: "I told you not to kill any Watchmen."
    Me: "Moire's informant sold us out. Can't we get rid of her?"
    Axle: "No, we need her to root out the informant."
    Me: "Whatever. Look, just get me into Blacklake."
    Axle: "No, you have to go rescue this emissary."
    Me: "No, I have to get into Blacklake. I'm sick of running in circles for you bozos."
    Axle: "Nothing doing. Go rescue the emissary."
    Me: "I think you've failed to grasp something about irrelevant side quests. The idea is that they're supposed to be optional."
    Axle: "This one isn't. Fetch the emissary."
    Me: "Blacklake!"
    Axle: "Emissary!"
    Me: "BLACKLAKE!"
    Axle: "EMISSARY!"
    Me: "Can you at least promise that if I rescue the emissary, you'll get me into Blacklake then?"
    Axle: "No, I've completely forgotten about Blacklake by now. So have you. You don't get to ask me about it any more."
    Me: "But... but... I don't care about your f***ing emissary. I don't care about your little war with the Watch. I don't care about you or Moire or Luskan or Nasher. Hell, I don't care about Neverwinter! I JUST WANT TO GET INTO F***ING BLACKLAKE!"
    Axle: "That's nice. Off you go now, there's a contact waiting to insult you up where the emissary was last seen, and a stereotypical annoying bard waiting to join your party, and you sure don't want to miss them."
    Me: *sob*
    Last edited by Dausuul; 2006-11-20 at 12:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    now i command you to go to Game & purchace it...

oh and use my reward card.
    Oops I redeamed all your points.

I got it off Amazon for cheep, *strokes Amazon*

I just started, are the extra races not available at the start? Or am I being a div?
    I am now going to begin blaming everything that goes wrong on Charity. Just for gits and shiggles. And not even just things on the forums. Summer! Charity!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dausuul View Post
    Well, I bought it, and I installed it, along with the patch--a process which took well over an hour.

My impressions are, overall, not very good. The performance is way slow for the quality of the graphics. The interface is clunky and poorly documented, and the henchman AI is infuriating. It's especially infuriating because when your henchman die, you can't abandon them--you are instantly stuck in whatever area you're in, and remain stuck until you save them. Even if there's a horde of enemies on your tail and you're Chaotic Evil.

All this I could put up with... but the storyline is killing me.

Spoiler
    Show
    I get to Neverwinter and head for the Sunken Flagon. There I visit Duncan of the Unpronounceable Last Name, also known as the Man with the Plot Hook. He tells me I have to talk to Aldanon the Sage about these mysterious shards.

Me: "Sounds good to me. Where's Aldanon?"
    Duncan: "The Blacklake District. It's all locked up."
    Me: "How do I get in?"
    Duncan: "You can join the City Watch, or you can make a deal with this thief Caleb."

Being a Chaotic Neutral sorceror with an allergy to authority, I decide I'd rather cut a deal with the thieves. So off I go to Caleb.

Caleb: "Okay, go make this merchant cough up his protection money."

I use my 20 Charisma to sweet-talk the merchant into paying up. There's some trouble with the City Watch, which I skillfully defuse.

Me: "Here's the money. Can you get me into Blacklake now?"
    Caleb: "No, you have to talk to my boss Moire about that."

I go talk to Moire.

Moire: "Okay, go make sure the City Watch around here knows who's boss."

I go around to all the watchmen and make sure they won't give the thieves any trouble.

Me: "I did it. They're on our side now. Can I get into Blacklake?"
    Moire: "I said show them who's boss, not get them on our side! Here's a torch. Burn down the City Watch building."
    Me: "You're a f***ing maniac."
    Moire: "Do it."
    Me: "The entire Watch will be out to get us."
    Moire: "I'm not talking to you any more until you burn down the City Watch building."
    Me: "But..."
    Moire: "La la la la, I can't hear you."

I go to the City Watch.

Me: "Moire's pissing me off. I want to rat her out to the City Watch in exchange for access to Blacklake."
    City Watch: "We're not going to give you that dialogue option. You made a deal with Caleb, you can't change storylines now."
    Me: "Fine. Be that way."

I search the entirety of Neverwinter for some other way into Blacklake, and find nothing. Finally giving in to the plot railroad, I burn down the Watch building and go back to Moire.

Me: "I burned down the Watch building. Now can I get into Blacklake?"
    Moire: "No."
    Me: "Let me put it another way. You can either get me into Blacklake, or eat half a dozen fireballs while my henchmen pound on you."
    Moire: "I'm a neutral NPC. The God of Pre-Scripted Plots protects me. Nyah nyah."
    Me: "Damn you!"
    Moire: "My boss Axle wants to talk to you. If you're nice to him, he might get you into Blacklake."
    Me: "Grrrrr. Fine."

I go talk to Moire's boss.

Axle: "You moron! You burned down the City Watch building! Now the entire Watch will be out to get us!"
    Me: "That's what I said. Can you get me into Blacklake?"
    Axle: "Maybe. Listen to this long spiel about Luskan and Nasher."
    Me: *snore*
    Axle: "Hey, wake up! Go protect this weapons shipment, and don't kill any more Watchmen."
    Me: "Okaaaay."

I go protect the shipment on its way to the warehouse. I do reasonably well at not killing Watchmen. Then an informant in Moire's gang tips off the Watch and a small army of Watchmen descends on the warehouse.

Me: "Axle didn't want me to kill any of you. Can we talk about this?"
    City Watch: "Hack! Slaughter! Maim!"
    Me: "Well, if you insist."

I annihilate the small army of Watchmen and go back to Axle.

Axle: "I told you not to kill any Watchmen."
    Me: "Moire's informant sold us out. Can't we get rid of her?"
    Axle: "No, we need her to root out the informant."
    Me: "Whatever. Look, just get me into Blacklake."
    Axle: "No, you have to go rescue this emissary."
    Me: "No, I have to get into Blacklake. I'm sick of running in circles for you bozos."
    Axle: "Nothing doing. Go rescue the emissary."
    Me: "I think you've failed to grasp something about irrelevant side quests. The idea is that they're supposed to be optional."
    Axle: "This one isn't. Fetch the emissary."
    Me: "Blacklake!"
    Axle: "Emissary!"
    Me: "BLACKLAKE!"
    Axle: "EMISSARY!"
    Me: "Can you at least promise that if I rescue the emissary, you'll get me into Blacklake then?"
    Axle: "No, I've completely forgotten about Blacklake by now. So have you. You don't get to ask me about it any more."
    Me: "But... but... I don't care about your f***ing emissary. I don't care about your little war with the Watch. I don't care about you or Moire or Luskan or Nasher. Hell, I don't care about Neverwinter! I JUST WANT TO GET INTO F***ING BLACKLAKE!"
    Axle: "That's nice. Off you go now, there's a contact waiting to insult you up where the emissary was last seen, and a stereotypical annoying bard waiting to join your party, and you sure don't want to miss them."
    Me: *sob*
    Don't feel bad. Being a Lawful Good Monk, I went the "join the Watch" route and had the same (but opposite alignment) type of jobs as you. And now, I'm getting sent out of town to hook up with the same stupid emissary.

10. - Top - End - #220

The recounting's amusing, I got a couple good chuckles out of it. :)

But yah, that is annoying if you actually don't give two figs about either side. Me... as long as the main plotline doesn't care, I'll happily go out and do every sidequest available before coming back and annilhating the enemies now that I'm several levels higher then I should have been for that section. *shrugs*

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops I redeamed all your points.
    Hey i was saving them for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Knights of the Nine...

i can't wait to get home & continue...
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

I rather upset my lovely wife by playing till 4 the other night.
    So I shall have to chill out a wee bit, good thing I'm out tonight
    *withdrawl twitch*

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

ask her if she want's to play multiplayer.

on second thoughts don't. she may think you are joking.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

Overall.... well, I'm addicted. But that's not surprising.

Decent story, but yes, the initial "choice" between watch and thieves was poorly implemented.

Have had okay luck with how the system runs, but egads it's a resource hog for a game that doesn't look much better than KotOR, a game that came out, what, two or three years ago?

And yes, AI is awful. Had to shut it off. Once you get used to the controls though, gameplay is good. GUIs pretty nice; I am one of the few that likes the dropdown menus better than the radials.

Biggest gameplay complaint for me: "Influence" is a great idea that was implemented poorly. As I understand it, it's supposed to measure YOUR influence on your party members. But it seems to be more THEIR influence with you. You let your party get away with stupid crap and agree with them 100% of the time, they like you. You dare to assert your opinions--however respectfully and politely, you lose influence with them if you're a hair off from what they want to do. The idea of "influence" is to earn respect, not let someone walk all over you.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

hello again DQ. wasn't your last Avi Annah?

anyway i do feel i have to watch what i say les i annoy the dwarf...

speaking of which when does he become a monk?

Spoiler
    Show
    i have no more dialoge opitions but he hasn't figured out why he fights yet... any longewr and it'll be a waste of time (level 12 it a bit late to multiclass)
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

ask her if she want's to play multiplayer.

on second thoughts don't. she may think you are joking.
    She is not really into computer games and I only have the one pc at home that will run it.
    Oh and I plan to rob and ditch all npc's asap as I do in all these games... the tiefling thief can stay I spose.... for now.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

i need a meatshield tho... bloody weakling mage
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Re: the dwarf, I'm led to believe he respecs entirely rather than multiclassing.
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trust me, once you get into blacklacke, you'll be glad you got all that experiance....I hate demons, damn DR
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

20. - Top - End - #230

hello again DQ. wasn't your last Avi Annah?
    Wow, someone remembers me. I'm amazed.

Yeah, I have an Annah avatar that I used for awhile, though I've also used this Sunite before (she's an original char I play in an FR tabletop game). Also had an Imoen avvie. I'd like to clean up the Annah pic if I use it again, but I did like that one.

speaking of which when does he become a monk?
    Spoiler
    Show

I haven't finished his monk quests either, and as I understand it, they potentially take a long time. Most folks I've read don't finish until act III, and I'm level 12 in act II. I'm beginning to wonder if you ever do get to multiclass him, or, as you say, whether it's worth it. Though doing the sidequests are fun.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

When does it come out for Mac?
    SCORPIA!!!!!!&&http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/Hawkeye5582/stored%20avatars/40e75818.gif&&Old Hawkatar&&My own version of Oots Clicky Here

22. - Top - End - #232

Regarding the dwarf and multi-classing:

Spoiler
    Show
    When you complete the quest chain and he becomes a monk, he returns to level 1 and allows you to level him, with full control over feat and skill selection from level 1 to your current level.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeathQuaker View Post
    Wow, someone remembers me. I'm amazed.

Yeah, I have an Annah avatar that I used for awhile, though I've also used this Sunite before (she's an original char I play in an FR tabletop game). Also had an Imoen avvie. I'd like to clean up the Annah pic if I use it again, but I did like that one.
    i remember my dicussions with you regarding Annah's top and Why they have vents in it... (Certainly not for a obligitory skimpy clothed NPC... no siree.)

oh and thanks for the tip Gyrfalcon i'll not worry about it for a while...

now Meatshield to the front!
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2006-11-23 at 10:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_the_Rogue View Post
    Trust me, once you get into blacklacke, you'll be glad you got all that experiance....I hate demons, damn DR
    My entire gith cave experience was pathetic - I had the bard, ranger and rogue and none of us could hurt them. We just kept throwing every bottle of acid and alchemists fire we had at them until we somehow made it through!
    "They say we wizards are subtle. But believe you me, we've got nothing, nothing at all on women" - Harry Dresden, Storm Front
    A thousand and one blessings on the house of Ishukira for the Illuminated One avatar.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

got it for my birthday. installed it. patched it for over an hour. runs like crap. i have a decent computer. it exceeds the minimum requirements and meets most of the recommended specs. my drivers are up to date and im running this game at the lowest graphical settings. still lagging bigtime and choppy as all get out.

ive been to the nwn2 message boards and followed all the advice there. still lagging a LOT.

im very dissappointed. i really hope it gets patched before i decide to uninstall and trash it. until then ill just enjoy warhammer 40k dark crusade.
    There are some words which I have known since I was a schoolboy. "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as a wisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm loving this game. So much so, it's taken the place of my regular DAoC time.

However, (you knew there was a however on the way) I've hit a pretty much game-stopping bug.

I've just hit Chapter 2 with my 12th level fighter, noticed the dwarven scouts on my map and headed off to do that bit.

The party consists of:

Me, fighter
    Whatshername, the farmer
    Qara, mobile fire platform
    Neeshka, the loveable rogue

Now, I come to the part where I have to use the bit to make the lock work. After a bit of pointless dialogue, I realise that I need Khelgar the dwarf to continue. I head back to the pub to pick him up, and..

NO FREAKING KHELGAR!!

He's completely disappeared, vanished, buggered off! He's not in the common room, neither is he on the party-selection list. This bit of the plot, which I was rather enjoying, is now impossible to do!

I looked on the Bioware forums and the general consensus seems to be, "Nothing you can do, go back to an earlier save." Not much use to me, I only use one save at a time. Apparently this happens when you zone with an animal familiar or an animal companion in the party. Though not all the time.

So now I've had to restart the entire game. Anyone else have this problem?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here's one, how many places have you guys found ore? I found it in the orc cave at Old owl well, the dwarf cave...and well that's it so far
    My Science Blog
    Current: Weight Loss: The Honest Truth

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

So does the Debug Mode actually, you know, whats the word I'm looking for?
    Work
    I tried to take some stats out and buff up another because I got them mixed up but it doesn't seem to work. I tried God Mode at some point and found it didn't work. I tried to give money and experience but it doesn't work. Oh and I have done DebugMode 1. Just saying this now because last time I asked a question similar to this on a different board about the previous game I got about 10 replies telling me I should try doing it with DebugMode on, idiots.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't think you guys understand. NWN multiplayer is the shining feature of the series. Persistant Worlds were the best, I think. Being able to roleplay or quest and such with 30+ people (depending on the time) was excellent. If obsidian manages to pull together the multiplayer it will be on par with those MMORPG games. I'm definately buying it as soon as my new COmp shows up.
    Last edited by Demosthenes; 2006-11-25 at 01:07 AM. Reason: I'm tired, so sue me
    When a door of opportunity closes, another opens. Problem is that we stare at the closed door so intently that we never see the other open. -Author Unknown

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Thats another thing, my game freezes every time I try to log into my account online or make a new account. I'm fully updated for patches.