New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Gargax

The delegates from Gargax's realm turn to eachother, dead and living alike, and speak in the maddened clacking tongue of theirs, before the one who had spoken before turned back to the assembled delegates. "We will give training in the Arts of Unlife freely, so long as training in the other arcane arts are freely given by their patrons"
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

To the Proteoss

We would like one of them, what would you like in exchange?

To Alrinach

No, we would be happy to set up a school for ourselves, it would double as a temple, as biomagic is the gift of Cellis.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

"We have very little use for that of non rare metals as our land can produce that of Iron, and the like. What we currently lack is seeds although we eat VERY little the land is harsh for crops in the north that is why a invention like this was nesscary to make life liveable."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

One of the ogres walks over to study the machine carefuly. After a moment he shrugs and turns to look at the ambassador. "How durable is it though? Does it have Cyrus' blessing?"

Meanwhile a dwarven delegation arrives at the city as well. Dressed simply, they look about curiously, mostly at the architecture and the strange appearances of all the other races. They stroll up to the gate and wait.

Cyrus sends a summons to Baldier, wishing to speak with him.
    Last edited by Ipphli; 2008-09-16 at 07:03 PM.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alrinach

Veritia disappears unobtrusively from the meeting hall and greets the Dwarves at the gate, leading them back through the city to the summit if they choose to follow.

At about this time, Alrinach's flight of wyverns arrives in the city and, their silver scales glinting in the setting sun, settle around the tallest towers of Alomarra, an awe-inspiring sight.

Spoiler
    Show

I arbitrarily declare it dusk.

So far I have that Cellis will establish a school of magic, and Gargax might, depending on what the other races do. Cyrus might, and Erothayce will once the library is complete. Is that about right?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

The high preist answers stoicly.
    "it is sturdy enough to survive an avalanche a great falling of rock, and snow in adition to being buried for the great cold season. As for the blessing of Cyrus, I have no knowldge of who this god is while it is blessed by the great lord Baldeir; I could not tell you of this "Cyrus".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baldier recieved this mental summouns from this god, and took a piece of the night sky, and used it to appear (in mortal form.) at Cyrus's location.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The ogres shake their heads sadly. "Without the blessing of Cyrus the Smith, you work will not endure. How can you make something that lasts without the backing of the god of crafting? Cyrus the Smith is our god, and the god of all those who craft or create with their hands."

Meanwhile, Cyrus bows to Baldier as he appears. "Greetings brother. I am Cyrus the Smith. You are the god of these protoss, yes? They have created some wonderful objects. But they are not as great as they could be."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

The high preist looks confused at this.
    "I see that this Smith god is obviously very important to your culture, and yor worksmanship most be marvelous if you worship such a god, and we would be honored to have such a gods blessing."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Balider

"it is an honor to meet you Cyrus, and I'am glad you have taken an interest in my peoples I have put much work into furthering them, and have even made them a new glistneing city which I have dubbed Auir. If you are a god of craftsmanship then you will understand the beauty it is if you ever vist it. Oh, exucse me sorry if I began to ramble ther abit. what is it exactly you contacted me for; aside from my peoples works."

9. - Top - End - #189

Erothayce

As the trade meeting had been going on Erothayce had set about putting all known knowledge in a book, It was just a normal book at this point but he had plans for the future.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus smiles. "I would be happy to see your city. As to what I wished to discuss, it is simple. I am a god of crafts, all manner of crafts. Your people's inventions are wonderful, but they could be even better if they asked for my aid in their endeavors. As the god of the people closest to my own in skill and ability, I thought I would make this offer to you first: in return for simple prayers and an offering or two, I will enhance your people's crafts, make them stronger or better. What say you?"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier nods, and considers this for abit.
    "I will teach my peoples to revere you, and give you offerings whenever they embark on an invention attempt, or any great feat of craftsmanship. Howvever in exchange I would like to have some of your followwers with latent physic abliities journey to my lands, and vist my psionic nexus. I believe you will be most pleased with the results."

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus frowns, then shrugs. "I've not seen any with psychic abilities. But then I've not looked either. I will see if any can be found. It's a deal then?" He sticks out his hand.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Balider offers his wispy hand, and shakes hands with the smith god as best as he can.
    "It is a deal freind."

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Smiling, Cyrus sends a message to his fellow gods. "Brethern, I am Cyrus the Smith, god of crafting. I offer you each a deal. In return for prayers and an occassional offering, I shall bless your craftsmen in their endeavors. What say each of you?"

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

In the mountains, The ant colony is growing very quickly, with a hierarchy set up by the sapient breeders and soldier, taking the roles of commander and queens, the original being the Empress. Their number grow almost exponentialy and the quickly overrun the other colonies and expand to ther portions of the mountains, and eventually the foothills.

[super-ants expand to Mountains in 8,7 7,8 and the foothills in 8,6]

An avatar of Cellis, appearing in his normal form, forms at 6,6 and call to Abraxes Abraxes, if you wish, I would like to come to an alliance or trade agreement with you, as our domains seem aligned.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

16. - Top - End - #196

Ikassi

Ikassi had decided to attend, though from a safe distance underground. What was this? Weapons? Necromantic arts forcing the dead to do the work of the living? She was glad she had raised her people how she did so they would not fall prey to these arts. The knowledge seekers seemed agreeable enough and so did the crafter.

Her plans would be set back, but it would have to be.

Also, those giant ants were getting too close for comfort. No worry. She burrowed to the spot she had set the Orb of Inhibition. The time it had spent in the ground had had a significant effect on the dead-magic field. That added on the innate qualities of the Myrmici had increased it's influence to touch the surrounding lands.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-09-16 at 08:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Erothayce

"I am willing to ally with you in this." Says Erothayce to Cyrus.

erothayce.tumblr.com

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Abaraxys to Cellis

The Divine Engineer soon joined the avatar of the Hive Lord.

"Greetings Cellis. You seek an alliance? Hmm...this is interesting. I would gladly accept a defensive alliance, however, our people are far apart."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Halfling in the Playground

Griffon

Mavil

Mavil descended upon his domain to finally bring upon the most destructive race to exist. He founded an area with a village of people and formed all around them volcanoes and a desecrate land that looks to seems like it itself has been destroyed. He formed mountainous barriers and gave the area a strong sense of power. He now had a large wasteland in which his people now lived. As to not destroy his soon-to-be follower's minds he began crafting an avatar. Soon an eruption occurred and from the flow of lava emerged a immense being of fire and ash. He approached the small town and looked down upon the villagers. Mortals, today you are blessed. You have been given a god who is superior to many others. I shall grant you power and form you a new. You shall remember my name and worship me, for I am Mavil, The Passionate Flame of Destruction.

With that the lava overflowed the town and smothered the citizens. Soon one after another sprouted creatures of fire and ash. They stood all the same before but in place of flesh and bones was nothing but pure raw energy.

You have been given great power. From now on you shall be known as the ashenborn. From here I trust you to create lives to help you destroy. Create weapons to help you conquer. Create flames of war to spread dominance. With that the large being began to smolder and shed as a much smaller being appeared.

From today on I will be your guide and train you to achieve power.

Spoiler
    Show
    2 Major acts. Creating the region and creating the ashenborn.
    Some say I'm not sexy. I tell them my charisma is 30.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Saradinus then looks up something in his book.... The Trans-Epic spell category... Ah yes.... Saradinus muttered. "This one should do nicely."
    Saradinus then created a mystic spell called Dragon Shaping.... This spell was inbetween the power of an epic spell and normal spell. Dragon Shaping was for those who had devoted themselves towards the Dragon domain the most, but any follower of Saradinus could cast it, if they were strong enough.

Saradinus created this spell...... Dragon Shape was soon discovered through inspiration through many magicians throughout the land. (Minor Godly Act)

Saradinus'es Avatar, Myrokhan the Archmage then began to speak with the people of Teke, guiding certain Conjurors through dreams and visions one at a time. These Conjurors would be more powerful than their peers... Of course.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Severus

The Dark Elves present at the city-of-peace begin collecting as much knowledge they can on the magic of the other races that is being deposited in the vast library. The knowledge is then funneled out of the city back to the Drow homeland where the academies of magic will study it and adapt it for their own purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Looking at Cellis with a happy grin at his interest, Lupin responds to his request:

"My people are quite well expertised with the growing and use of many different plants and herbs; you could always benefit from their health uses, or their different tastes could appeal to you?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

Illopet came to this world and looked around. He then remembered it his death, such a completely meaningless death, such a boring death, such anm unheard of death. He yelled as loud as the ogre creature could. "Somebody explain this to me."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Illopet

Illopet came to this world and looked around. He then remembered it his death, such a completely meaningless death, such a boring death, such anm unheard of death. He yelled as loud as the ogre creature could. "Somebody explain this to me."
    Saradinus immediately appeared to Illopet... "Death, death, death, yes....? Why is the sense of death so strong here?" Saradinus looked at the ogre sensing his despair. "Are you in need of restoration? Creature.... You seem to be one of us."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"I don't think I need restoration. Where is here? What are we? What has happened since I died?" Said Illopet after getting over his shock of seeing the teleportation. "Hey, we're not gods are we?" Could they sactually be gods, asfter all it explained the power Illopet was feeling.
    Last edited by Emperor Demonking; 2008-09-17 at 12:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Illopet

"I don't think I need restoration. Where is here? What are we? What has hap penned since I died?" Said Illopet after getting over his shock of seeing the teleportation. "Hey, we're not gods are we?"
    "I don't think so. But we are powerful stewards of the land given to us. We have power unimaginable. No mortal is our equal in strength. Oh, and, I guess if you died and returned this way, you must have ascended."

27. - Top - End - #207

yuk Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Erothayce

After observing his followers for a long while Erothayce decided they needed more to them. After watching them wander he realized they needed to be hardier then they already were so he granted them hardiness. Now they could survive on very little in the way of food or water and the weather did not bother them much. Next he decided they needed to live longer so they could gain more knowledge and spread it around the world so he ave them extended lives.

Spoiler
    Show
    The time-shifters now live about as long as elves.

erothayce.tumblr.com

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"How long has it been since my death? What has happened since my death?" Said Illopet.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Illopet

"How long has it been since my death? What has happened since my death?" Said Illopet.
    "I don't know... I don't watch the ogres.. I am in charge of the island of Teke."

30. - Top - End - #210

Ikassi

The earth tremmored. The earth goddes had felt the departure of the Twilight Goddess Polaris and was saddened. She felt the need to see after the well being of the city and its people. Sending a message to her people, she made a decree.

The Twilight City and it's people are under my protection. All shrines and temples to the Goddess Polaris, especially her grand sanctuary will be maintained should she return. Be sure not to let the humans forget about their old god. Until then, we must strive to join our lands.

Myrmici and human workers began work on a new colony, merging the stone and wood buildings of the city with the sand and mud buildings of the Desert.

Spoiler
    Show
    A new city is being constructed in sector 7,6 so as to join 7,7 and 8,5

Ikassi made sure to keep the land around the Twilight City rich and fertile as well as to keep the mountains abundant with metal.