New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Hey pony thread, wanna see what I've been working on (in between ME3) that's kept me so quiet the last week or three?

Actually, boss, I'm pretty sure they've been quite happy without your frequently off-topic ramblings and-

*menacing click*

*very fast*-they'll be even happier to see the fruits of your glorious labours! *gulp* Please don't rocket launcher me in the face.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Plan B (given Secret Project is on hold): the Strayvian Dominion Army

Spoiler
    Show
    In 144th scale

Close up of the infantry:

First true attempt at infantry. Given as Strayvians are seven foot tall and built like a brick...outhouse, they are theoretically doable. I took human proportions and increased the size by about 50% to get the proportions right. This mostly worked, though they are perhaps a bit too deep in the chest (one reason for the backpacks was to cover some of the excess bulk.)

What I didn't think about was lengthening the arms appropriately, so they could actually have the same reach across their chests! I've mostly got away with it, because I was damned near on, and the poses are about right (and the models will be small enough anyway), but they have sort of stubby little arms. (The dude with the two pistols has two because his arms aren't long enough to hold one in two hands!)

Posing them took ages, by the way...

Before anyone asks: their feet are done the way they are deliberately, because Strayvians have seven very thick, nearly equidistant toes (size aside, they came from a climbing family). If the models were larger, I'd have modelled the toes seperately, but at this size, they'd be too small for both reasons of printing (and painting, since by the time I'd added the base texturing, you barely see the feet of 25/28mm figures, so...)

But this gives me hope it might be plausible to eventually do the Jalyrkeions at this scale. (I did the Strayvians this time because, among several other reasons, I already had a few ideas of what their vehicles would be like.)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Hey pony thread, wanna see what I've been working on (in between ME3) that's kept me so quiet the last week or three?

Actually, boss, I'm pretty sure they've been quite happy without your frequently off-topic ramblings and-

*menacing click*

*very fast*-they'll be even happier to see the fruits of your glorious labours! *gulp* Please don't rocket launcher me in the face.

Spoiler
    Show
    In 144th scale

First true attempt at infantry. Given as Strayvians are seven foot tall and built like a brick...outhouse, they are theoretically doable. I took human proportions and increased the size by about 50% to get the proportions right. This mostly worked, though they are perhaps a bit too deep in the chest (one reason for the backpacks was to cover some of the excess bulk.)

What I didn't think about was lengthening the arms appropriately, so they could actually have the same reach across their chests! I've mostly got away with it, because I was damned near on, and the poses are about right (and the models will be small enough anyway), but they have sort of stubby little arms. (The dude with the two pistols has two because his arms aren't long enough to hold one in two hands!)

Before anyone asks: their feet are done the way they are deliberately, because Strayvians have seven very thick, nearly equidistant toes (size aside, they came from a climbing family). If the models were larger, I'd have modelled the toes seperately, but at this size, they'd be too small for both reasons of printing (and painting, since by the time I'd added the base texturing, you barely see the feet of 25/28mm figures, so...)

But this gives me hope it might be plausible to eventually do the Jalyrkeions at this scale. (I did the Strayvians this time because, among several other reasons, I already had a few ideas of what their vehicles would be like.)
    These are all really cool though I have to ask; are these for anything in particular or just world-building fun?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

*menacing click*

Spoiler
    Show
    In 144th scale

What weapons are those different infantry wielding? Is that two different variations of a rocket launcher?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    These are all really cool though I have to ask; are these for anything in particular or just world-building fun?
    Those are ultimately for 3D steriolithe printing, for tabletop wargames usage. I'll be putting my order in in a week or so, in time for the my next convention (UK Games Expo in May). There's maybe one more thing I might do - which is an ultra-heavy tank (ironically, the thing I had the original idea about!) But that set of designs will be plenty enough; the tank with the missiles and quad cannons is technically an AA version, but will serve as a stand-in command vehicle if I don't get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    What weapons are those different infantry wielding? Is that two different variations of a rocket launcher?
    Lazers. One missile launcher, and two BIG lazers, the Strayvian equivalent of a heavy machine gun. The Strayvians really like their lazers. Strayvian tech is really advanced (way more than ours) - but part of the reason is it's mostly just conventional technology REALLY improved and miniturised. The mid-sized light vehicles are not far off a match for a regular MBT in terms of firepower and shielding.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-23 at 12:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Those are ultimately for 3D steriolithe printing, for tabletop wargames usage. I'll be putting my order in in a week or so, in time for the my next convention (UK Games Expo in May). There's maybe one more thing I might do - which is an ultra-heavy tank (ironically, the thing I had the original idea about!) But that set of designs will be plenty enough; the tank with the missiles and quad cannons is technically an AA version, but will serve as a stand-in command vehicle is I don't get around to it.
    Since becoming a Chibi-lich, do you find yourself getting any odd stares at these conventions?
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Since becoming a Chibi-lich, do you find yourself getting any odd stares at these conventions?
    (See reply above for prior question...)

No, since I use those illusion spells I mentioned the other day... One has to maintain the plausible deniability after all. (Because if I walked round openly, you don't think it would make the news..?) Well, the regs say so, at any rate, so I curb my instincts and follow them until the day Lord Death Despoil grants me permission to stomp the world beneath my bony heel (pony thread excepted, of course...)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-23 at 12:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

(See reply above for prior question...)

No, since I use those illusion spells I mentioned the other day... One has to maintain the plausible deniability after all. (Because if I walked round openly, you don't think it would make the news..?) Well, the regs say so, at any rate, so I curb my instincts and follow them until the day Lord Death Despoil grants me permission to stomp the world beneath my bony heel (pony thread excepted, of course...)
    Ponythread: The best insurance against murderous space liches since 2010!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

... I curb my instincts and follow them until the day Lord Death Despoil grants me permission to stomp the world beneath my bony heel (pony thread excepted, of course...)
    Aww. That's so sweet. Really, I'm touched.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

stomp the world beneath my bony heel (pony thread excepted, of course...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ponythread: The best insurance against murderous space liches since 2010!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadistic Seraph View Post
    Aww. That's so sweet. Really, I'm touched.
    Friendship IS magic.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Firbolg in the Playground

Friendship IS magic.
    ]

Truly, this has touched my heart. The shear amount of fuzzy warmness filling the air reminds me of the amounts of positve energy given off by a OFC.

Wait, positive energy?

Oh gods, my undeath! I can feel my soul burning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Feels nice to post again. The plot just wasn't thick enough.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post

Oh gods, my undeath! I can feel my soul burning!
    This sounds like an excuse for an orbital strike from the Laughter
    *OFC partial-blast of laughing*
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Awesome. Do you sub in a particular subject? I wonder if there's a trend for more bronies in a math or science class, although I suppose in 6th grade there isn't any differentiation yet.
    Nah, any kind of test like that to see "which class has more bronies" isn't really applicable until students are at a level where they choose their own classes. In middle school, they're taking science because the school says "you're taking science," no real choice involved.

I'm a district sub, so I can teach any grade/class K-12 that happens to have a teacher missing. Thus far I've only taught middle school, though, I've only been at the job for a couple months.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Someone has uploaded a low-quality thirty second promo for the season finale. *SPOILERS*
    That sure wasn't what I was expecting. 0_0
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, it's the Attack Of The Clones?

EDIT: Here is a version that wasn't recorded with a toaster.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-23 at 04:20 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    This sounds like an excuse for an orbital strike from the Laughter
    *OFC partial-blast of laughing*
    "AhhahhahhaohgodIcannotstoplaughingandImustscreamh ohehahohohahaahaaaheehekillmehehehehahaha"

Spoiler
    Show
    ......So, on the other side of the Everfree is....another Equestria?
    Last edited by Pokonic; 2012-03-23 at 04:39 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Someone has uploaded a low-quality thirty second promo for the season finale. *SPOILERS*
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Now that is interesting. Clones? Why clones? I'm not saying it's Discord, but...

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

I am Heavy Pinkie Pie...

And this, is my weapon:

Spoiler
    Show
    It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this pony.

For twelve seconds.

Edit: Now animated.
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2012-03-23 at 04:59 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I had two reactions to seeing this
    1) I'm certain that Discord had a hand/claw/hoof in this somehow.
    2) Hooray, now I can ship Flutterdash and Fluttermac.

I'm certain it says something that the second thought I have after seeing this involved shipping.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I am Heavy Pinkie Pie...

And this, is my weapon:

Spoiler
    Show
    It costs 400,000 dollars to fire this pony.

For twelve seconds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is my pony. I call her Tara.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I hope Luna is there. She doesn't even have to do anything, I just don't want her left out of the wedding. Also, yeah, I don't think anybody predicted clones
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2012-03-23 at 06:53 PM.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Further examination of Royal Wedding preview clip:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shining about 22 seconds in (high-quality clip, at least) looks hypnotized or something.

Also, armored Shining looks awesome.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Obligatory post in new thread.

*flees*
    I like your attitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    What will we do with the drunken pony?
    Put him in the long boat until he's sober?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that is interesting. Clones? Why clones? I'm not saying it's Discord, but...
    future ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight, I asked one thing of you so it wouldn't end up like my graduation.

I know... no clones

And what happened?

I... cloned stuff

HAHA! The fun has been doubled!
    I agree with my sister
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Obligatory post in new thread.

*flees*
    I like your attitude... i think I#ll do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    What will we do with the drunken pony?
    Put him in the long boat until he's sober?
    Last edited by Welf; 2012-03-23 at 05:28 PM.
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

25. - Top - End - #115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Woo hoo new pony thread.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post....
    ― Joseph Stalin

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I had two reactions to seeing this
    1) I'm certain that Discord had a hand/claw/hoof in this somehow.
    2) Hooray, now I can ship Flutterdash and Fluttermac.

I'm certain it says something that the second thought I have after seeing this involved shipping.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt Discord is involved in this, this would be a step down from his usual modus operandi of "Total chaos across Equestira".
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-23 at 05:47 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt Discord is involved in this, this would be a step down from his usual modus operandi of "Total chaos across Equestira".
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know, I think its mainly just wishful thinking on my part.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know, I think its mainly just wishful thinking on my part.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perhapes it is apperance of whatever the freck the shadow-thingi that possesed Luna's reapperance?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perhapes it is apperance of whatever the freck the shadow-thingi that possesed Luna's reapperance?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Given what we saw of Nightmare Moon, Attack Of The Clones seems a bit too subtle for her. If they were dealing with Nightmare's return, she would probably do something more direct like assume direct control of Cadence/Twilight. It's probably either a new villain or Twilight botching some spell.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-03-23 at 06:39 PM.