New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Streets]

Well then Andy will will pick the man due to a strange thought like a voice in his head called Rebonack . And since some giant beast walk through GLOG Andy will take him to WATCH instead.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Inside-Rooftops

They should be nearing Chtulhu now, Lewis will jump down and try to sneak around and get near the water.

Lucy's mind

The child backs away a bit, revealing a quite detailed carpet beneath her which seems to show some divine figure. When she speaks her voice sounds very similar to Lucy's, but much less formal, younger and much more scared.

"A-are you one of them? I don't want them. They scare me!"

As she raises her voice, the carpet seems a bit brighter fro a second. She most likely correlates it with protection.

Vicky may also notice that the colours are very dim in the room, almost to the point of being grey-scale.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Watchtower

Butler shrugs and puts the orb down and goes back to cleaning the base up! It got so dirty when most of it self-destructed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Uncomfortably Close to GLoG]

Rein's glance back at Gul'thar will inform him that the giant undead mountain seems to be somewhat distracted at the moment.

Specifically distracted by the volcano with a sword made out of super-heated rock and gas that's thwacking him.

Thwack thwack.

The Old One glances back at D Lord again, somehow managing to look incredulous despite its utter lack of any real distinguishing features. The message here is pretty clear. Is this guy serious?

"It debases itself by babbling at us in the tongue of mortals?" shrieks innumerable tortured, tormented voices all at once. A small village near the monolithic monster has their flesh begin to fester and boil simply by hearing the thing speak. "What does it want?"

Gul'thar doesn't seem to be injured by the fire-sword in the least. Sure the weapon is cutting burning swaths of destructing into its simultaneously living and dead flesh, but it really doesn't seem to care.

[Streets ==> Watchtower]

Andy saved some dude!

The dude's name is Gus. Gus is very pleased.

"Holy **** that was close! Thanks man, where are we going?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2011-08-12 at 06:22 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside MagCave]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    MagCave

As the tendrils begin to wrap around the blade, Moon Called releases it. The blade goes flying, taking the tendrils of corruption with it. The blade is still on fire, so they might not be able to hold on as it turns once in the air before embedding itself in the ground hilt-up. Moon Called, herself, twists her feet, turning her momentum so she is moving to the opposite side of the shoggoth in a cartwheel. Cartwheeling in platemail sounds difficult, I wonder how much work she put into that move?

Once Moon Called has gained some distance from the shoggoth, she comes to a stop. Bending her knees, she holds her arms like she were about to swing her sword. The blade, still embedded in the ground, flashes red and dematerializes in a poof of flame and smoke, reappearing in the ice elf's hands. She sags a bit from the weight before righting her balance. Holding the sword vertically over her shoulder, the flames lick ineffectually at the ward over her armour. Moon Called laughs in a craze of blood-frenzy as she charges the shoggoth, slicing downwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    Outside MagCave

Saurous raises an eyebrow. That...didn't quite have the impressive effect that he was expecting. He was expecting the shoggoth to dissolve into dust cell-by-cell or shrivel up like a snail covered in salt or something. The necromancer makes a mental note to study the physiology of shoggoths a little more closely later.

A thought suddenly strikes him. That may not have been the shoggoth-shriveling spell that he was expecting, but it did still dry it out. And severe dessication does tend to increase the flammability of the affected object by a corresponding amount.

He points a finger at the dried part of the shoggoth, experimentally firing a tight set of beams of searing heat at it.
    Outside

"BURN, FOUL DEMON! BURN!"

The MagSquid turns its flamethrowers up, and drifts down just a little, hoping to zip into burning-range of the shoggoth, scorch it a little, and then back up into the air again. Rinse and repeat as necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Outside The MagCave]

I will point out, Harin was not the one channeling Cthulhu energy. That was the pod. Thus, Harin does not explode messily.

Speaking of which, did it still rip the pods mind out? It's not exactly an AI, more a set of highly reactive programs governed by several directives, first among them to protect the occupant and all nearby non-hostiles.

((I'm fine with it either way, so go ahead and make your choice))

The demon is... Not exactly absorbed into the shoggoth. It wails in pain, and falls down on the ground in a coma, but it can't be killed that way.

It is down to bone in some places, and all of its skin has been stripped off, and that was absorbed, though.

Fire, fire everywhere. Shoggoths tend to not like fire. It's one of few attacks that are effective against them. The shoggoth is very on fire, Saur's heat and the MagSquid the primary culprits here, but Harin does his part.

With all other targets too far away, it has only one chance. It throws itself into Moon's swing, trying to encase her sword and arm all at once. It causes the shoggoth to burn even more, but if it can get through the armour it'll be able to recover. Best case scenario for Moon in that situation is that she has to amputate the arm.

Meanwhile, the remainder of the smaller shoggoth that was on Moon's sword tries to stealthily creep into the open door of the MagCave. Perhaps hitching a ride on one of the refugees.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

WATCHTOWER

Well, the Orb of Brotherhood is put down and continues flashing regularly, trying to attract the attention of people. I'm not sure there's people left to attract.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Psi

Magtok sighs. While he wouldn't exactly put the chances of survival at 0%, it's probably just because he's a stupid optimist who's in denial about this entire situation. An idiot who simply refuses to believe that life could be so short, so cruel, and so pointless.

"Umm...understood, Psi. I err, I think Devi's hiding under a table somewhere or something. Could you go get her, maybe bring along an alcoholic beverage from the wine cellar thingy to help dull her senses and make the shock of our present dilemma a bit less, err...shocking? Please?"

It's probably not exactly the most important order Psi's ever received, or even remotely close to a proper use of her talents, but Maggy really couldn't think of anything else, and the last thing he wants to do right now is face that intern and try to coax her out of hiding, when ducking under a desk and crying like an infant is precisely what he himself wants to do right now.
    [MagCave]

"Understood. Unit will attempt to calm subject 'Devi' by reassurring her that our chances of survival are higher than 0% and avoiding mention of our impending doom. If this approach fails, Unit will attempt to intoxicate subject with ethanol. If all other courses of action fail, Unit will declare 'Devi' a target and terminate her."

She says the last thing with so much love and kindness as she starts moving table looking for the one that hides Devi.

8. - Top - End - #248

[Inside-Rooftops]

It's a good thing Trilby doesn't mind getting wet like most cats. Hey, maybe when he's underwater he can search for fishies! But he stay quiet and keeps scanning, mainly. Because sneaky.

[Lucy's Mind]

This is probably child Lucy, as expected. Vicky takes notice of the rug, and the gray scale. Huh, a place where she actually blends in. "Whatever they are, I'll assure you, sweetie, I am not one of them." She says, keeping up her smile, and sounding absolutely genuine. "Tell me, little one, would you like some candy?"

[GLoG]

In the middle of the campsite, the ground may well begin shaking a bit as Crae drills his way up into the daylight again! He spins around and sees Natalie! "Huh. So there are some people here! And to think I was halfway to Inside before I turned around to make sure of that. Oh, you're one of Saera's friends aren't you?" the tall, thin, shaggy haired angel asks.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-08-12 at 07:50 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

9. - Top - End - #249

MagCave

Moon Called's blade burns and cuts through the shoggoth, embedding itself in the ground. As the shoggoth hurls itself up her arm, the ice elf snarls, pulling her arm away. The corrosive blackness clings regardless.

The ward on Moon Called's armour flares a bright red as the burning shoggoth comes in contact with it and begins to super-heat, burning the shoggoth above and below. The effect is not unlike putting your hand on a stove without realizing someone just turned it on. It starts cool, but quickly becomes too hot to bear.
    Unfortunately, this effect works both ways. Moon Called grits her teeth in pain as the ward heats up, holding her arm away from herself. If this lasts for too long she was going to get a severe burn. She had to speed it up.

Reaching out with her free hand, Moon Called grabs the hilt of her burning blade and pulls it free of the ground. She holds the vertically, and presses her arm up against the fire. If it didn't burn off the shoggoth soon...
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    MagCave

Edijar thinks about the statement for a while before shaking his head. "Magtok, I think the smart people, those who know what's happening in this situation, would stay anyway, but those who don't...they deserve a bit of hope, even if it's fake. Their end would likely be quick and painless if something got to them when they were leaving the atmosphere. It's not something they should be denied."
    "Fine."

Magtok nods, but with eyes narrowed. I imagine he's probably just trying to figure out who else he might be able to talk into blowing the rocket up. He believes in the MagCave, completely idolizes it. The mere thought of anyone willingly choosing to go anywhere else feels like so much blasphemy to him, an act of spite against everything he's doing to preserve some small fragment of civilization.

"You mind giving a shout to get everyone's attention once the shoggoth-fighters come back inside? I'd do it myself, but throat's a little hoarse after ineffectually screaming at you."

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave]

"Understood. Unit will attempt to calm subject 'Devi' by reassurring her that our chances of survival are higher than 0% and avoiding mention of our impending doom. If this approach fails, Unit will attempt to intoxicate subject with ethanol. If all other courses of action fail, Unit will declare 'Devi' a target and terminate her."

She says the last thing with so much love and kindness as she starts moving table looking for the one that hides Devi.
    This MagClone nods too, and...

Hold on, what was that last thing Psi said?

"Waaait! Psi, no terminations! No terminating!"
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-12 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    GLoG

Reinholdt's single survivor is a ten year old girl who is currently putting on a pair of shoes. I'm not sure they're hers, but they fit well enough as the shoes Natalie put on this morning are out in the forest somewhere. She's also yelling. "Jamie! Abigail! Brinika! Anybody, really! Hello!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [GLoG]

In the middle of the campsite, the ground may well begin shaking a bit as Crae drills his way up into the daylight again! He spins around and sees Abigail! "Huh. So there are some people here! And to think I was halfway to Inside before I turned around to make sure of that. Oh, you're one of Saera's friends aren't you?" the tall, thin, shaggy haired angel asks.
    Reinholdt grabs stuff from the med lab before rushing back out.

He looks at Natalie.
    "Are you... all that's here to be evacuated?"

Reinholdt glances suspiciously at Crae.
    "What's your game plan?" Clearly involves a giant drill.

All the while, Rein's eyes dart around, looking for other survivors to rescue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

GLoG

It's Natalie, Rae, not Abigail. Natalie is a 10-year-old shapeshifter, Abigail is a 16-year-old cyborg.

"I don't know. I was playing in the forest; it's possible everybody else has already evacuated and couldn't find me. It's even possible that it was confusing and frantic, as evacuations are, and nobody noticed I was missing." Natalie will also start knocking on cabin doors. Just in case people can't hear yelling or assume it's children playing. Then she'll turn to Crae. "Yes, I am. Is she OK? Where is everyone?"

I also need to cut down on red speech; in this thread, Natalie, Terrowin and Nephrim all speak in red. The only other character I've translocated thus far is Narahar, and he's dark slate grey.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-08-12 at 07:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

MagCave

The Philbot is kicked inside and immediately goes searching for Magtok! And once it finds him, it PESTERS HIM WITH IMPORTANT NEWS.

"Lord Magtok, I have important information for you! These designs, supplies, prototypes, and other such things have been bequeathed to you by Phillip Michael Banagher, as has a good chunk of his robot 'army'! The other robots will be arriving soon, as well as shuttles to take anyone who wishes to escape into space to one of several launch pads!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

14. - Top - End - #254

This MagClone nods too, and...

Hold on, what was that last thing Psi said?

"Waaait! Psi, no terminations! No terminating!"

[MagCave]

".......order accepted. However, it is not a recommended course of action. If all other courses of action fail, then subject 'Devi' will still be in a state of shock."

Well, yes, but...

15. - Top - End - #255

[GLoG]

Right, Natalie, my brain went weird. Crae spins to look at Rein. "Reinholdt, look, my Grandpa was already here and took as many people away as he could right when this stuff started going down. He's a god of magic, so he can take a lot of people. It's possible that you two are the only people that were missed or something, but that big guy might be getting closer so we should get out. Like, sixteen seconds ago." Crae says, making a cursory sweep of the grounds too. "And Saera's fine. She's home with her parents, away from all this." Nope, can't see anyone. "And as for my plan, well, this hole already goes halfway to Inside, but if you have a place you think might be safer, I can try to head there too. I don't think these monster things are underground, yet, but new tunnels should be relatively safe. Still, people besides me who can fight should probably be in the back or something, in case monsters follow us in.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

[Inside-Roofs>Ocean]

Lewis unfortunately haven't thought of fishies and chants a short rhryme which fortunately works as planned. A bubble begins to shimmer around them as he walks forward and into the water. Lewis chanting a slow rhyme in Irish to steer it once he gets too far out.

Off to R'Lyeh they go! Hopefully without old Squidhead noticing them.

Lucy's Mind

Child Lucy looks a bit surprised at the offer of candy but nods slightly.

"Candy helps keep nightmares out, thanks."

While they speak, Vicky may notice the sound of dragging feet outside the door to the room. They don't seem to be getting closer, but they don't exactly induce a sense of security either.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

[GLoG]

Reinholdt's hand tenses. Stupid overpowered little princess gods who all need to die.

He shakes his head. Now wasn't the time.

"Inside is where the monsters ARE COMING FROM you fool."

Reinholdt rubs his temple.

"And I'm not going to let you tunnel into our stronghold and lead everything coming to GLoG right to it and probably break half of it in the process. So you can either be teleported with me when I leave, or you can search for another safe spot, leading all the incoming monsters away from us. Your choice. But make it now, cause I'm leaving now." Reinholdt offers his hand to Natalie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

GLoG

"I'm going with Reinholdt. Sorry, Crae. Or are you Rae? I have difficulty telling you two apart sometimes." Natale presumably met one or both off screen at some point. Natalie also takes Reinholdt's hand in her own, holding a plastic bag of supplies with her other one.

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Uncomfortably Close to GLoG]

Rein's glance back at Gul'thar will inform him that the giant undead mountain seems to be somewhat distracted at the moment.

Specifically distracted by the volcano with a sword made out of super-heated rock and gas that's thwacking him.

Thwack thwack.

The Old One glances back at D Lord again, somehow managing to look incredulous despite its utter lack of any real distinguishing features. The message here is pretty clear. Is this guy serious?

"It debases itself by babbling at us in the tongue of mortals?" shrieks innumerable tortured, tormented voices all at once. A small village near the monolithic monster has their flesh begin to fester and boil simply by hearing the thing speak. "What does it want?"

Gul'thar doesn't seem to be injured by the fire-sword in the least. Sure the weapon is cutting burning swaths of destructing into its simultaneously living and dead flesh, but it really doesn't seem to care.
    Seems even enhanced heat isn't enough
    Thalo soej omagse
    feed feed feedd
    More less greater lesser burn away to the core
    Simply put I wish to in this small about of this world's temporal existence to break apart your self into diminutive parts to incorporate the remainder for the purpose of enlarging our effects and strength in this world.

D is still cutting at Gul'thar body with the blade and sending out black ropes to grab and pull the cut off parts into it's "body". D also seems bigger than before, and from the relative back of Dark Lord, aka the side that isn't facing Gul'thar still grabbing chunks of earth and pulling them in.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

[GLoG]

Hey look who it is! It's Ermine! She's just stumbling out of the woods in her human form, looking a bit shocked and confused but otherwise okay. Maybe.

The pirate is holding a bottle of rum, and rubbing her head. She seems to be having an awfully hard time walking straight. But she does manage to get over to where Rae, Reinholdt, and Natalie are, and gives them a confused look.

"Arrrg. Everyting ish fuzzy an' tha world'sh blowin' up 'r shometing. Ye guysh okay? Ye look..."

Ermine looks a little lost and rather very extremely drunk. Which is saying something, given her usual intoxication levels.

[MagCave]

Devi is still cowering wherever she was cowering! Yeah. She'll look up at Psi if she manages to find her, very panicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #261

[Off to Rl'yeh!]

The trip to the no longer Sunken City is rather harrowing, mostly due to the thick greenish fog that permeates the air all around that accursed, blasphemous place. Navigating the fog is rather difficult, as direction seems to be warped inside. Up is no always up. The horizon is occasionally perpendicular to the sea. And straight lines aren't always straight.

The trip is possible.

But by no mean safe.

Though...

At this point nowhere is safe.

[GLoG]

The giant mountain of rotting corpses and festering tumors is still distracted by D Lord. But there's no telling how much longer that's going to last.

For about twelve seconds the Great Defiler just sort of... sits there. Very possibly trying to figure out whether or not D Lord is serious. Because... really? D Lord is hoping to devour what amounts to the primordial manifestation of cancer and he's expecting positive results?

Gul'thar continues slimming his way toward GLoG, ignoring D Lord completely. The chunks of the Great Defiler that have been ripped free metastasize inside D Lord with a sanity shattering 'GLOM!' sound before devouring D Lord's metaphysical substance utterly.

D Lord has just been killed by Eldritch cancer.

The end.

22. - Top - End - #262

Where Amen was at the start

hahahha hahhahahahahha

And there is the humanoid form of D standing there.

Well that puppet was a bust. Still I got what I wanted. "I'm an Old One, your just a Elder Evil you can't hurt me blah blah blah." Please I'm so much more than that. Just because something is old doesn't mean that its powerful. I was out and awake for far longer than them, with existences to burn. Still that hurt more than I like.

Floating in front of Dark Lord in an not glowing orb is you could say a very small part of Gul'thar's metaphysical existent.

(I said it before and I'll say it again, crazy not dumb. The stars being right would only effect Dark Lord if it had more of tie to the old ones than it seems.)

Bye doom world.
    Dark Lord portals out.
    Last edited by D_Lord; 2011-08-12 at 09:19 PM.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[GLoG]

Suddenly, whatever Crae's answer was didn't really matter all that much.
    Reinholdt is too busy going to scoop up Ermine and plant kisses on her. He truly thought she had disappeared like the rest.
    What's that?
    You say she's in her human form?
    That doesn't matter. He's still doing it.

"We gotta go. Explain later."

He turns back to grab Natalie's hand again, waits for Crae's answer, then teleports out of there, be it with two passengers or three. His player would normally actually truly wait for the answer, but it appears a mountain of rotting corpses is a post away from ruining their day.

They'll return to the...
    [MagCave]
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #264

[GLoG]

"Nah, I don't like teleporting. It makes my stomach feel funny." Crae answers, and it seems that's that. "Had no idea Inside was where the monsters were coming from, slept through this whole thing. Besides, I'm really craving some Bamhacon, so I'mma go to Inside for that and maybe try to help a person or some people or something if I run into them," Crae says, and disappears back into his hole. "See you people around if we all survive or something!" He calls up from the hole, and then a bark can be heard, and his big drill starting up again.

[Lucy's Mind]

Victoria notices noises. but she does not react! It's important to stay calm if you're trying to calm someone down yourself. She digs in her pockets and pulls out a chocolate bar and a bright red lollipop! She holds them both out to Little Lucy. "Here, you choose one and I'll eat the other."
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-08-12 at 09:12 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

25. - Top - End - #265

The GM has declared the Dark Lord dead. Go roll up something new or find someone else's Cheetos to eat. *scary GM lightning!*

And now back in IC-land!

*ahem*

[GLoG]

The Great Defiler is getting dangerously close to GLoG now, its putrid mutagenic flesh rotting fog spilling into the forest and consuming the trees with a loathsome blight.

The lake begins to seeth and foam as crusty slime cakes the surface of the water, water that is soon replaced by a diseased slurry of mucus, blood, and other less mentionable fluids. The earth itself rots and festers, cancerous boils swelling out of the ground and bursting in showers of slime.

Hopefully that hole of Crae's is really deep.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

[GLoG]

Ermine is scooped up and kissed! She seems quite surprised by this as well.

"Oh. Hey."

She seems like she would say more, her mouth opening to reveal her shiny and sharp teeth, before being teleported away! To the Magcave!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

GLoG->MagCave

Natalie quickly grabs Reinholdt's hand and stares at the massive meaty monstrosity. Before more interesting things start to occur to the landscape; they're stared at quite intently. Hopefully none are too close; Gods alone know what might happen if one bursts and sprays the three survivors.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Reinholdt appears here with Natalie and Ermine and a bag full of Infirmary related stuff and a necklace.

She puts Ermine down now and takes a look around.
    "Right, so... we have a bunch of monsters on the loose and are playing disaster relief and evacuation and trying to basically have the humanoid races survive right now. And that's the gist of things." He tells Ermine and Natalie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slums

Iriel is following Beckett.

By now, he probably noticed her holding her nose, even in areas where there is little to smell. After a while, the fake smell begins to subside and she releases the futile hold on her nostrils. The smell is still there, but faint, and growing weaker if anything.

She wonders whether there was something behind it or if she's just crazy...

She also wonders how much farther they have to go.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [MagCave]

Devi is still cowering wherever she was cowering! Yeah. She'll look up at Psi if she manages to find her, very panicked.
    [MagCave]

Unfortunately, Psi isn't exactly the best at being subtle. Panicked as Devi may be, Psi finds her by things aside until Devi is exposed.

"Subject identified: Devi. Status: Shocked. Now proceeding to engage in communication. Greetings. I am Foreign Interaction Device Ψ, Serial Number 23. Alias 'Psi' or 'Psi Twenty Three'. I am here to aid in remedying your state of shock. I suggest you cooperate, as failure to do so will result in atempting to intoxicate you with Ethanol, a psychoactive drug with depressant effects on the central nervous system.

Procedure commencing. Now loading social protocols. Load complete."

Psi kneels in front of Devi and very awkwardly pats her back. "There, there."
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2011-08-12 at 10:46 PM.