New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged

[Maeve's]

Maeve shakes her head, smiling somewhat.

"I'm not that sick of anyone, Khair. And even if I were, I can handle myself well enough that I wouldn't ask one of my friends to put themselves in danger to get rid of them."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-08-19 at 01:07 AM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She smiles and shrugs, deadtiming as she puts her respiration mask back on.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #663
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve smiles as well, reaching up to pet her friend.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Tracey's

"You mean aside from pondering life, the universe, and everything and finding the ultimate answer to all of the above in the bottom of a bottle of Magweiser?" Eileen raises an eyebrow, then shrugs. "I used to like watching hockey. Lacrosse, too. Sometimes monster truck rallies and wrestling."
    Tracey makes a face. "I didn't even like that stuff when I still had boy parts." Tracey doesn't keep it a secret that she was born male, but with Eileen not plugged into the gossip vine, she may not have heard it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #665
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Maeve's]

Maeve smiles as well, reaching up to pet her friend.
    Khair purrs her sickly purr again, nuzzling against her hand, eyes closed.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Khair purrs her sickly purr again, nuzzling against her hand, eyes closed.
    Maeve seems glad she can do something nice for her friend, continuing to pet her, and scratching her ears.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    She eventually gets out of bed, leaning on her cane as always.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve follows, ready to help her if she seems to need it.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    So, what happens today?
    She wipes her leaky eyes.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

"I have the weekend off, and we actually have a fair bit of money, so... What do you want to do?"

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    You should pick, you earned the money after all...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve considers for a bit, before smiling, and nodding, having thought of something they can both do.

"How does a movie sound?"

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]
    That'd be nice...
    I'm ready to go when you are.

Her ears twitch; she won't admit it, but she gets really nervous about spending money.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #674
    Ogre in the Playground

[Maeve's]

Maeve smiles, going to slip an arm around her friend.

"Let's go, then."

And, presumably, they set off for Inside! (Or wherever else it is that you want the theater to be located.)

15. - Top - End - #675
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Fortunately for Mimi, she wouldn't be forced to divert her attention for long as the muse soon dressed herself. While it was true she was now comfortable around the both of them in regards to most stages of dress, the chill from her shower still persisted and clothes were the easiest option to solve this with. Well, that and she wanted practice on getting pants on in a timely manner given the new appendage and it's subsequent clothing requirements. Not to mention she simply liked the material even if it was a bit stiff. Denim wasn't something she had access to until now given it's plant-based construction.

As for the request with the various room functions, that was quite a bit simpler than might be expected to fulfill. "Sure. And.. Done" the muse said. "Though the cranial augmentations are nearly ubiquitous, there are some who, for whatever reason, refuse the process. As such, there is functionality for those without. Here, it's just a few basic commands. If you want to raise an area, trace the outline of it with a hand or a foot and then tap inside the traced area three times." Riss said, demonstrating by sketching a small square with the tip of her toes and tapping in the center. After a moment, the square began to slowly rise out of the floor whereupon Riss touched the exposed side and ran her finger upward and then downwards to demonstrate. "You can control the height at which it will be like this and, if you want to put it away, then just tap three times again on it's side and slide it back down. Also, if you have a larger area and want to raise or lower a portion, then you just do the same outline and tap method to work with that. Here, I'll make a simple chair for you." Riss said as she started to lean down. Pausing, she straightened up again and simply traced an outline of a larger square with her tail. Might as well get some practice in. A few taps and some dragging later and there was a large block resting at roughly waist height. Tracing a smaller rectangle inside the bounds of the initial shape, Riss slid the tip of her tail along the exposed side of the selected area and dragged downward to make a seat. "Now, there are a few other ways to select something if you already have a portion of a surface raised up like this as well as methods to raise and lower it if you don't have access to a side." she explained as she made a single 'cut' where approximately an armrest would be in the now rather tall boarder around the 'seat.' "Basically, you touch the part where it is connected to another surface and just trace along the boundaries there. After that, you can either just press down or make a circular motion to lower or raise that portion respectively." the muse said, demonstrating with the new armrest until it was at an acceptable height. "And if you want to make one surface level with another one, just tap the surface you want to be level with three times and it will adjust." she said, selecting the other armrest, or at least what was about to be one, and tapping the first one to demonstrate. After a moment of adjustment, there was a rather square chair sitting next to the muse. "Finally, if you want to sink it all back into the floor, just tap three times anywhere on it without drawing an area and then three times on the floor. One last thing is that if there is any pressure on the area you've selected, then none of the commands will work. This is to prevent things like removing a chair out from someone or accidentally changing the surface you happen to be resting on." Hopefully that will be simple enough. I can go over the more complex commands later but this should be fine for now.

"Now, as for the walls.. Well, there's a lot you can do with them but most of it is stuff I've got that I don't think will be that interesting. I'll show you a few things, though. The first one is communicating with another person. Just say 'Talk' in a standalone phrase and it should bring up this display here. Also, it tracks voices so it can be noisy in the room and you can still use commands. But once there, you'll be able to enter in someone's contact information and be able to speak to them if they are able. I'll fill out mine while I'm thinking about it so you just need to select my name.. Which is really the only name there at the moment, I guess. You can also use voice commands to select the person you want to speak with if you don't want to use the touch interface. To end a call, either use the touch interface or say 'End call.' And to close the display, just say 'End talk.'

"Now, this next one I'm not going to tell you much about as I know at least Mimi will have more fun playing around with it and figuring things out than me just telling you everything. To start it, just say 'Color-wheel.'"
    As the muse spoke, an array of icons appeared on the wall along with a rather sizable color gradient. "Just select a color like this.. And then you can draw whatever you'd like on the wall. Now, you don't have to use just fingers or.. Well, tails as the case might be at the moment. If you have, say, a textured fabric then you can use that pattern as well. Also, be careful how hard you press as if you just smack the wall like this.. Well, it creates a bit of a mess as it spatters everywhere. It can be useful in certain situations though." Riss said. The muse then showed a few more commands for basic things like creating shapes with guides or undoing mistakes for the sake of basic completeness before closing out the program in the same way as the talk function. "There is one other function I want to show you but I've not set it up for here properly. When I do get that done, it'll be a sort of radio with some additional functionality.

"As for the shower, though? That display over there has two gradient bars. One for water flow, one for temperature. It's the simplest thing here, I think. Or close to it."
    the muse said with a half-smile. "Right, that was a bit much, I think, but did you both get all that?"
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-08-19 at 05:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Tracey makes a face. "I didn't even like that stuff when I still had boy parts." Tracey doesn't keep it a secret that she was born male, but with Eileen not plugged into the gossip vine, she may not have heard it.
    Eileen raises an eyebrow, but makes no comment! Either she already knew or doesn't consider it something to comment about. Either way...
    "To each their own, I suppose. What about opera?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"Eh, not so much. I like to understand the lyrics when I listen to music."
    Tracey says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #678

Riss' Quarters

"I did. Maybe you could write down a list of all the commands and such though, in case someone forgets." She only barely stresses the word 'forgets', to let Riss know who she means. This seems exactly like stuff her brain would deem unnecessary during one of her semi-regular naps, so she wants to make sure she can refresh herself on it without bothering Riss again.

"Hm, or maybe Mimi and I can just write them on the walls with that last one. That'd make it a lot more fun come to think of it." Fun needs to happen, if nothing else to distract her from her lingering thoughts of Riss.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi furrows her eyebrows and repeats what Riss says under her breath. Okay, she thinks she can remember all that. The last one really gets her attention though. "Ooh, that's awesome. You can make any colour with that? That's so cool!" Now how can she use all this new information...

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

Tracey's

"Eh, not so much. I like to understand the lyrics when I listen to music."
    Tracey says.
    "But if you don't understand them, you can pretend they're all obscene," Eileen points out with a smirk.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #681

[Riss' Quarters]

Riss' tail gave an odd sort of twitch as Misha's suggestion registered. "Ah.. Right. I'll put that somewhere prominent in a bit. Or maybe just keep the instructions written up on a wall or something." Riss said, trying to ignore the prickling on the back of her neck. Right. Will have to keep that sort of thing in mind just in case.

"Yes, you can make any color the eye can see.. As well as a few that you need specialized vision for but you'll probably only see them as black or white. Also, you can mix the colors in two ways: Like pigment and like light." Riss said, answering Mimi's question and giving her a bit of help as to what things she could do. Picking up a pillow next to her feet, she tossed it in a lazy arc at the wall where it collided and left a rather sizable 'splat' of color. "Though, I'd ask that you stick with soft things as I don't want my desk somehow being thrown at a wall, Alright?"

22. - Top - End - #682

Riss' Quarters

Misha gets an odd look on her face, and points a finger at the wall. After a moment of concentration, it stretches out as a thin stream of water, and quickly flicks a spattering of droplets to land in a shock of color on the virtual canvas.

They begin rolling downwards, spreading the vibrant light in their wake, but she concentrates again and their hover in place.

She seems utterly pleased with herself, "I could paint like this. That's... amazing. Too bad it's only for the walls. I knew a painter once... I think. They asked to paint a picture of me, but I didn't ever get to see if they finished it." She seems lost in a half-remembered thought, but it doesn't last.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Hehe, I'll remember that." Oh the possibilities. So many that Mimi doesn't have the slightest clue what she'd do with this new potential. Oh well, she'll probably get a good idea sometime.

Mimi takes flight and skims her way around the perimeter of the room. She runs her hand along the wall, leaving a trail of colour in her wake. This is definitely fun.

24. - Top - End - #684

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well, if you want, then it really wouldn't be much trouble to save the images as data and maybe print it out later. Computers are rather useful for things like that, and all." Riss said as she moved over to her bed and sat down on it somewhat heavily. While it was on her mind, she made a few small notes on the usage and operations of the commands she had just mentioned and placed them near the bottom corner of the divide between both sections of her room. One description for each side just in case either of them didn't want to get up and find the instructions. Should do something about Mimi, though. Can make do with vocalizer for now but that only delays the issue. I'll have to figure something out at least.

"Hey, Mimi? Out of curiosity, what written language do you use? I might be able to match the symbols to something and make it so where it would be easier for you to understand the text that I've seen most commonly in use." the muse said. It didn't even occur to her that the pixie might be completely illiterate given that the concept of such was quite foreign to her.

25. - Top - End - #685

Riss' Quarters

"That would be- oh! Do you think this thing could make real stuff? Like... if it was hooked up to those 3D printers you made, and we wanted to design something, could we print it out?" It would probably require a much more robust program than simple painting software, but Misha's mind is flitting back and forth between possibilities as all this new stuff has come to light. Briefly, she entertained the idea of asking Riss why she'd never explained all this weeks ago, but that hardly mattered now.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi flits back over to hover before Riss when she's addressed. "Written language?" She questions? "Like those menus and stuff? We don't have anything like that." That is troublesome.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Tracey's

"But if you don't understand them, you can pretend they're all obscene," Eileen points out with a smirk.
    Tracey chortles at this idea, and then the doorbell rings. Tracey tips the delivery guy and plops down on the sofa with excessive amounts of Chinese food.

"Dig in!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #688

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, you could. Would take a bit of learning but this program is a lot more powerful than just painting. In fact, if you would give me a moment here.." If Riss were the type to show off, then she would have waved with her hand or perhaps make a few odd gestures. But in actuality, all that happened was the clearing of the mess of paint that had been so far slung on the 'canvas' and it's subsequent replacement with a forest landscape with what might be a very familiar pool in the center. "This is rendered from my memories. Visual memory at least. Now, if you will just watch.." The scene suddenly stretched from the wall they were facing to encompass the entire room, showing mostly more forest with the pool staying in it's prominent location. Without any warning, the scene moved forward and up and over the treetops only to tilt on its axis to face directly down at the pool. "Now, you know I've never been up this high and so most of what you see now is created by the program taking context clues and rendering the result. And.. I probably don't have to tell you but I think you will find some discrepancies between this and the real thing as I only saw this area. So the forest you see might or might not be as dense as you see here. Really, it's quite uniform but this is all that it can 'assume' from the data I gave it. Though, if you would wait a bit here.." Nearly as soon as Riss had spoken, a few birds fluttered past and took roost in the top of a rather elderly seeming tree. "It does animations as well. I don't actually need a screen like this given my augmentations but I do use my room's processing power to create things." As if proving a point, Riss stood up and walked over to the wall, reaching out with her tail to draw a rather wobbly oval over the pool. While at first it appeared as if she was simply painting over the image, the moment she removed her tail from contact with the wall, the shape fell and droplets clustered together into blobs as if it were actual paint. It even clouded and colored the water where it landed in the pool. "It's kinda fun to do stuff like that too but introducing new things in a simulation has it's uses. But yes, I should probably get you some feedback equipment as this sort of thing would be a bit challenging to do without the right tools. It's still doable, yeah, but not very easy." the muse concluded. Stepping back away from the wall, she took advantage of her proximity to Misha to try and quickly snake the end of her tail around the nereid's calf with a gentle squeeze before letting go. Though she was trying to find every opportunity to become more adept with her new appendage as possible, she didn't see why a quick stand-in for a small hug would be out of the question.

However, assuming Mimi wasn't completely bowled over by the depiction on the walls, her answer would come first as a mildly dumbfounded expression before realization dawned on the muse. "Oh.. I-I just assumed.. Well, that makes things both easier and harder, I suppose... Um.. Yeah, I'm going to need to just enlist Archimedes as I'm not sure how to start.. Though, out of curiosity, how do you keep record of things past or important events or things like that?"

29. - Top - End - #689

Riss' Quarters

Misha is shocked for a moment, but that quickly gives way to delight as she crosses the distance between herself and her muse and throws her arms around Riss, hugging tightly.

"My pool... Thank you." It wasn't real, and she could tell every single thing wrong with the mental copy by eye, but it was so close that she was overwhelmed by the similarities for a moment. Riss just brought her a copy of her pool, and that was beyond precious.

"This is amazing. You're amazing. Thank you." In the back of Misha's mind, an urge to request that this animation be left up forever bubbles forth, but she doesn't want anything to interrupt the moment, even her own desires.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Troll in the Playground

[Tracey's]

Tracey chortles at this idea, and then the doorbell rings. Tracey tips the delivery guy and plops down on the sofa with excessive amounts of Chinese food.

"Dig in!"
    Eileen grins, and when the Chinee-takee-outee arrives digs in with aclarity. The General Tso's and orange chicken getting special attention, as does the shrimp fried rice!

The fortune cookies, not so much.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew