1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Fears 2: Nightfall

Fears 2: Nightfall

Narrator: Cristo Meyers
    Co-Narrator: CurlyKitGirl
    Freeform RP thread

One bullet.

That was all Alicia had left, one bullet. She hadn't actually expected bullets to work against these...things, and yet they had, and they had kept her alive this long.

She crouched down against a wall, tightening a makeshift bandage around her arm. The Pegasus Manor loomed over her, and she only had one bullet left.

I've got to be crazy...

She walked up the pathway to the large front doors: old, wooden affairs that looked like they were probably the originals. Part of her wanted to run, and it was probably right. But they needed to know what Jacob had found out.

Alicia pushed the doors open. Inside was a huge main room, a small door stood on the opposite side of the room. Alicia's mind was screaming at her to leave and get back to Alex and the others. As she stepped into the room, she found she wished she had listened.

It's been a while since we've had visitors here... a silky smooth voice said from the shadows. But then, we haven't really needed them... Alicia froze. She's heard the rumors, the stories of the most powerful of these creatures, the whispered name...

Sacha...

A woman appeared in the middle of the room: slim, deep black hair wreathed a pale, almost delicate face. Her form seemed to be covered by the shadows themselves. In the flesh...

Alicia turned to flee, but the large wooden door slammed shut. She was trapped with the Night Mistress herself.

What? You didn't come to stay?

Alicia tried to open the door, but it was futile. She'd seen what the result of being brought down by those creatures roaming the streets, the thought of being trapped with Sacha herself made Alicia's blood run cold. Something ripped into her mind, like knives, cutting away pieces and bringing them to light.

Oh...him, the hunter. You came for the hunter...you're too late, I'm afraid. He's been long dead.

Alicia's heart sank. She of course knew, logically, that Jacob was dead, but it was another thing altogether to have it confirmed.

You will be joining him, of course... Sacha smiled, a predatory smile. Eventually...

One bullet. Despite the pain in her head Alicia managed to lift the pistol. One bullet, one last, futile chance to avert death...

You can't escape, little girl...

Alicia fired. One bullet...

...it struck Sacha on the shoulder. The mental knives dug deeper into Alicia's mind, driving her to her knees. She only barely heard the scream through the pain.

Sacha's scream. The bullet had torn through her shoulder, leaving a deep black wound. Somewhere in the darkness of the Manor, a deep familiar laugh could be heard.

This is impossible!

And yet it isn't...

The door swung open and Alicia gathered the coherence to stumble out and run.

You will not escape me!

Alicia didn't look back, she only ran as fast as she could. She needed to find Alex, the others. She ran through the streets, past the flickering, dying streetlamps, dodging person and creature alike. She had to escape, she had to hide. It wouldn't be long before they came looking for her, to stifle what she had just learned.

According to the time, it's day. But it doesn't look like it. The twilight holding the city in its grip is as dark as ever. The creatures are starting to appear in greater numbers and much more frequently. It feels as though things are coming to a head in Haven, and you're caught right in the middle.

Day 1 begins now and ends at 7:00 pm GMT-5 on Saturday, December 13th. This is the only day that will last longer than 48 hours.

Roles:

Villagers:

Spoiler
    Show

Alicia Vanche (Baner):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alicia is an investigator like her predecessor Jacob Spencer, who disappeared in the Pegasus Manor a few days before the Total Night fell. In her investigation into Jacob's disappearance, she encountered and fought Sacha and survived, this makes her the only person to survive and encounter with the Night Mistress. Once per night phase, Alicia can protect a player from the Fears. Scries as Alicia/Baner

Alex Rocheau (Seer):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alex was Jacob's partner for most cases and a frequent companion of Alicia's. He has a modicum of talent with magic, and those abilities provide him with a range of supernatural senses. Few people can hide any type of secret from him for long. Once per night he may scry another player. Scries as Alex/Seer.

Kate Pierce (Fool):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will be told they are the Seer. Kate, like Alex, possesses some talent with magic. Unfortunately for her, the Total Night has done something to her abilities, making them unreliable. Once per night she may scry another player with a random result. Scry the same player with result in the same result each time. The Seer will always scry as the Fool. Scries as Kate/Fool.

Survivors (Masons):
    Spoiler
    Show
    A group of people in Haven that have banded together for safety. Hopefully as a group you'll be safer from the constant Fear attacks, but it also protects you from the less supernatural dangers of Haven. You start out knowing who all the other Survivors are. Scries as Survivor/Mason.

Victim (Villagers):
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of the unfortunate people of Haven caught in the Total Night. Your goal is survival, plain and simple. During the day phase, you point at the player you wish to lynch. Scries as Victim/Villager.

Wolves:

Spoiler
    Show

Sacha, the Night Mistress (alpha):
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the events inside the Pegasus Manor, Sacha attained control over the lesser Fears and the power of the Manor by usurping the Master, Taylor Soyer. Every third night phase, Sacha selects another player to target with her fear-causing ability. A player affected by this ability cannot point in the next phase or make any night actions in the next night phase. Sacha scries as Victim and selects the other Fear roles.

Gabrielle Sena (Voider):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The unfortunate first victim of the recent events in Pegasus Manor. She had avoided being corrupted into a Fear through means unknown. But eventually Sacha caught up to her, and the transformation was completed. With her firestarting abilities, she became one of the most powerful Fears to date, though her power is still a bit uncontrolled. Once per night she can attempt to void another player's ability. She will not be told if her attempt was successful. Scries as Gabrielle/Voider

Lynx:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lynx, as he calls himself, is one of the oldest Fears of the Manor. Until recently, time had rendered him a simple Fear: a nearly mindless predator. But the events inside the Manor provided him with enough power to regain some of his lost ability. He is now Sacha's chosen. Once per night he can scry another player. Scries as Lynx/Devil.

Fears (Wolves):
    Spoiler
    Show
    The malevolent beings of the Manor, ruled by Sacha. Predators that feed on humans and the life energies they create. The Fears as a group get a single night kill, delivered to the narrator via Sacha. Scries as Fear/Wolf.

Neutrals:

Spoiler
    Show

Aaron Marsh (Illusionist):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aaron was always a wild card in Haven. Investigators, both normal and supernatural, have had their suspicions, but nothing definite, and he works hard to keep it that way. He is a master obsfucator, a hider of facts, namely people. Once per night, he can change someone's role for the purposes of scrying. He gets to choose what the role will appear to be. Scries as Aaron/Illusionist.

Special Rules:

Spoiler
    Show

Day Phases are 48 hours long. Night Phases 24.

Players will be autolynched after missing 2 consecutive votes unless they have filed Away status with me.

Helgraf's Scry Interference Rule will be in effect.

Relationship powers: certain roles will receive a bonus power upon the death of a related role.

Alicia/Sacha: Alicia is the only person to survive an encounter with Sacha. Should Alicia be killed, Sacha gains a bonus cause fear action. Should Sacha be destroyed, Alicia will gain a night kill action. Both are one-time use.

Alex/Gabrielle: Alex is Gabrielle's last living connection to life. Should Alex be killed, Gabrielle gains a night kill action. Should Gabrielle be destroyed, Alex gains a bonus scry. Both are one-time use.

Player List-9
    Spoiler
    Show

{table="head"]Player|Killed On|Role
    Aemoh||
    Aether|Day 6|Victim
    Allysian|Day 2|Sacha
    Androgial|Day 7|Victim
    banjo1985|Night 2|Gabrielle
    Coplantor||
    Darkcomet|Night 10|Victim
    D_Lord|Day 7|Victim
    Dallas-dakota|Day 4|Lynx
    DemonicAngel|Day 7|Survivor
    Dirk Kris||
    EmperorDemonking|Night 7|Victim
    evnafets|Day 12|Victim
    Fitz|Night 7|Survivor
    Griever|Night 4|Victim
    hap_hazard||
    happyturtle|Night 1|Alex
    Haruki-kun|Day 9|Fear
    Iceddragons|Day 1|Victim
    I'm da Rogue|Day 2|Victim
    Lex-Kat|Night 6|Survivor
    Mordokai|Day 11|Victim
    Murska|Day 9|Fear
    Mustiado|Day 2|Victim
    Philistine||
    PirateMonk|Night 8|Alicia
    Shadowcaller|Night 11|Victim
    SweetLikeLemons||
    Recaiden|Night 9|Kate
    Reinholdt||
    Shadow|Night 2|Survivor
    Shishnarfne|Day 5|Victim
    Talic|Day 2|Victim
    The Bushranger|Day 7|Victim
    ThePhantom||
    The_Rogue_Monk|Night 12|Victim
    The Valiant Turtle|Night 3|Victim
    Thufir||
    TwoBitWriter|Day 3|Survivor
    UncleFesty|Day 10|Victim
    Vampiric|Day 8|Victim
    V.Z.|Day 6|Victim
    [/table]
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2009-01-17 at 07:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Fears 2: Nightfall

Yaaaaay! We can start! Hapiii!
    Well wasn't that fun? Daaaaandyliens...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone would like to make me a banner with my elven druid dude in a dandelion field making dandelion chains, that'd be.....nice.....

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I would really like to know how to get to the manor... I have some...things I intend to fix in there." Jake smiles, and awaits the boy's response.

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Dr Satya Prasad continues towards the manor, following Ian Duncan and his group.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carlos didn't want to be here. The city was as dark as night, everyone was speaking English, and the Creatures... the Creatures.
    He shuddered to think of the horrifying beings that lurked, waiting to consume them all. Que Dios nos salve, he thought as he hurried through the darkened streets. Carlos had nothing to do, so he hurried—filled with terror—from one building to the next; lurking, and praying.

((Banjo1985))
    silver

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Murska: Always a Wolf.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Always a wolf, so why would he be picked now, smarts?
    darkcomet for having a black/darkish avatar.
    Last edited by Allysian; 2008-12-13 at 12:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone would like to make me a banner with my elven druid dude in a dandelion field making dandelion chains, that'd be.....nice.....

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Murska: Always a Wolf.
    Are we testing the rule of Murska already?

I may change this point if someone does anything greally suspicious.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Recaiden*

Cause he's the person above me and it's day 1.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Reluctantly, only because she knew she had to point at someone to survive, Dr Prasad raises a finger to point at Dirk Kris. She didn't really think he was a fear, but she didn't think an unevolved primate would be much use in the new society she hoped to build once they found a way to stop the killings.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"We have made it, good. Everybody stick together! We need to figure out whats been going on here." Ian said to his group as they entered the manor.

"Dr. Prasad, please stay with me and Eileen." Ian said.

Ian eyes over Mordokai. "Keep an eye on that one, ladies..."
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-12-11 at 07:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

A young man in a suit is glancing around at the darkened streets in confusion.

How...?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #13

The following takes place before TBW's post*

Jacob Burr Looked out the window. There were feet passing by, heading toward The Manor. Were these the creatures, returning to their home, or was the rest of Haven attempting to fight them at their source? He couldn't tell from the small, ground level window so, after a moment of thought, he grabbed his baseball bat, walked up the short flight of stairs and, hesitating once again, opened the door.

Now he recognized some of them he had known before the night had fallen. Perhaps they could be trusted. He walked up to them and timidly asked "Can I help?"

((Darkcomet, for enforcing the rule of Murska.

Also, let's not just automatically assume that the alpha was sane enough to not choose Shadow this time.))

* (it's not my fault he types faster than I do, although it is my fault I didn't take part in the pregame RP and therefore had to come up with a character idea while writing this)
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2008-12-12 at 01:48 PM.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

A young lanky boy walks through his lake house, which is surprisingly by the lake, wondering if the periodic screams will ever stop. "Will they ever stop?" he asks himself. No, he answers. They won't ever stop. "Until my kitten is dead!" ( This might be a good time to tell you that my character is a little off in the head. ) He then bursts out of his house in search of his kitten, name of Paladin. With a water gun.
    ( Mordakai.)
    Last edited by Allysian; 2008-12-13 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Uggh, my crappy writing.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Meh, It's day 1 random pointing, for those who are complaining about the Rule of Murska. I didn't mean anything serious by it.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Meh, It's day 1 random pointing, for those who are complaining about the Rule of Murska. I didn't mean anything serious by it.
    It's okay, I don't either. I just wanted to have a reason other than random.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

((First day random at evnafets. RP after exams are over.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

It would be so perfect and hilarious if Shadow was Aaron Marsh. No points yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Trollman, Tome of Fiends
    That and there is a certain segment of the roleplaying community that cannot differentiate absurdist humor from insanity and will insist on doing annoying things in the name of humor. And we hate those people.
    In my experience, I've found that there are also people who don't realize, or don't care, that others simply don't appreciate their brand of nonsensical humor, even if they're not out of line with their antics.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

As I walk away from the cab I see Mordokai near, and a chill runs through my spine.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Eileen pauses as the man (iceddragons) approaches, and eyes him warily, then smiles a little. Jacob? That you?

(random point)
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-12-12 at 02:22 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateCaptain

dooooooom! Doooooooooom! DOOOOOOOOOOOM! HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha we are all doomed. do you not feel the death approaching shadow HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha. now where are those nice young menn in their clean white coats with my happy pills?
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

22. - Top - End - #22
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    It would be so perfect and hilarious if Shadow was Aaron Marsh. No points yet.
    most players play that role ALL WRONG!
    Perfect and Hilarious, huh? Well, it wouldn't be the first time that it happened, I can tell you that much.

Perfect? Almost. Not quite, but almost. The mistake was not my own.
    Hilarious? You wouldn't think so after the game ended....

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Mordokai, that whole attitude just seems to good to be true...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Are we testing the rule of Murska already?
    ((They named it? ))

A foreign man dressed in green clothes walks around the area, looking rather frightened by the night. In fact, he looks like the squeak of a mouse might make his heart stop. On his back is a strange red device with a hose and he carries a flashlight.

A closer look at the device reveals the words: Poltergust 3000

"Excus-e me! Have you seen mah brother?" he asks the first person he sees.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    ((They named it? ))
    They need to come up with a new name.
    That one's taken.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They need to come up with a new name.
    That one's taken.
    ((The Murska wolf principle?))

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Well, Dave, let's go inside. Maybe we can help that group up ahead defeat Sacha. Alyssa begins to run to catch up with the group.

((Point at iceddragons))

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Roleplaying part, for those whom it may concern:

Spoiler
    Show
    Nathan wasn't feeling very well. Despite the fresh bandage and some food he got, it would appear that the blood loss from previous days was just too much. Scratching Maxwell idly behind the ears, he says to him:

“Looks like I won't be stealing your food for much longer, furball. In fact, I might as well find some of my own.“

Looking over to Elise, he sees she feel asleep. Checking to see if he can find any sort of pen and paper, he spots something that will work well enough. He quickly scratches a note for Elise.

I'll be back, if I can find anything worth bringing back. If not, you two are better of without me. In any case, thank you for the help provided. It's good to know there are still decent people in this town.

He quitely puts Maxwell on the floor and steps up to the window and opens it slightly. He then slips outside and when there, he pulls it back down.

“Best not let anything opened, less somebody uninvited gets in.“

And with that, he sets on his way, hoping to find some sort of supplies that would make it easier to weather the darkness.

And now, for the regular part.

At the moment, I'm leading with four points. Not a big deal... if it wasn't the first day. As things stand, one could easily get lynched on that. And I've waited for this game much too long(not to mention anticipation) to go down like this. Not without at least trying to fight.

Usually, I try to skip the first day, since I don't like getting anybody lynched on day one. It sucks for a player to be lynched before the game even well began. But if my but is on the line, then I simply must try to save it. Seeing that Murska and iceddragons both have two points, logic dictates that I point at one of them, hoping that they will get more votes than me and be lynched. But that usually turns around on me. So I'm going to go for an alternate route. Four people that voted for me are TBW, Allysian, dallas-dakota and Coplantor. I have a feeling there's a grudge going on from Grave Robbers, but... I may be wrong. In any case, I'm thinking at least one of them is fear. And I'm picking dallas-dakota, because of this post. What attitude are you talking about dude? You know something I don't?

Yeah, it's a flimsy case, but I have nothing better to go by. In any case, I'm a regular Victim, you loose nothing by lynching me. Granted, you also get nothing, but if you don't lynch me, I at least get to live another day And that's pretty much all I'm asking for. While I'd love to claim role to save myself, I just can't.

And to all those who will say that I'm too vocal in my defense... like I said, I've been waiting for this game for too long to just go do without the fight. And if I don't react right now, I could get a vote or two more and on day one, that's pretty much all one needs to get lynched. I would really like to avoid that. In the end, it's up to you. If you enjoy seeing me groweling on my knees, let me alive for few more days. If not, well, it won't matter soon anyway
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

29. - Top - End - #29

As the kid seemed puzzles within his own mind, Jake started walking towards the center of the town, where he knew the manor should by standing... he was supposed to end this mass.
    as he walked through the empty streets, his mind was stricken with terror... he saw all those bodies, laying in polls of dry blood... he didn't want to be there... but he had to do it.. he had to go to the manor.
    and soon enough, he did... he entered the manor, seeing a few humans standing around, talking or otherwise.
    he walked to the man speaking, apparently the leader (TwoBitWriter) "exuce me, kind sir... but who are you, and who are these people?"

thanks to thecrimsonmage for the awesome avatar... you rock, dude.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

(( Awaiting RP until banjo returns to RP'ing and we can continue our part (please don't have me make up a half-assed attempt at explaining Seb's and Viola's sepparation and the sudden teleportation from church to manor! ).

Meanwhile, Viola waits in the OOC lobby, mumbling something about people and their annoying first day lynches. ))
    Spoiler
    Show

Behbeh Week Altime!
    Wiwa Wa Wevowushun!
    (Gweat Behbeh Week Wevowushun Motto by Wolfbane!)

Wonderful LGBTitP banner by Doiahaveaname?
    Butt kicking hamsterrific Minsc and Boo by Trazoi