New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Talbetop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict View Post
    'I do care for her. I told you, love isn't something measured by science, or controlled by psychics. It's the essence of the universe. The eternal truth, beyond philosophy, religion or science. Who knows, if I challenge you again tomorrow, maybe I'll win and teach you that.'

Romeo scans the murkrow that Taylor is using.
    Jessica looks at you. "Well, the offer still stands," she says with a small laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    16/40

"Watch it, Aquilla! Hit him back!" Aquilla flies back before divebombing the other bird, ending some ways back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pass, end at B9

AC: [roll0] 2
    Damage: [roll1]
    If Crit: [roll2]
    The blow misses miserably, causing Taylor to laugh. "Better luck next time. Shade, finish him!" she cries, the Murkrow cawing as it flies forward to the kill, the peck colliding with Aquilla's wing and sending her to the ground, hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    19 to Aquilla after Defense.

"Well, it was a good try," she says, wincing as your bird goes down. She returns the bird as well. "Better luck next time," she says, walking over to Jessica. "Now," she says, taking her friend by the arm, "We need to go."

Jessica looks like she is about to protest, but her friend looks at her, "Now."

The two start to walk off, Jessica looking back and waving at Romeo.

Artemis
    Spoiler
    Show
    As they walk away Taylor speaks into your mind.
    You can come with us. I just want to get Jessica away from loverboy. He gives me the creeps.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sparky dodges as the hand comes down, and puffs up with static electricity when the hariyama goes to charge. Gerald does some quick thinking and turns the wounded side towards him, unable to get out of the way but not about to sacrifice his only way to fight back, when the hariyama stops. Once certain he's not about to get hit, he scans Chubman.
    "Maybe in the future. Need to learn control first. Too little of that in the past."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Sparky dodges as the hand comes down, and puffs up with static electricity when the hariyama goes to charge. Gerald does some quick thinking and turns the wounded side towards him, unable to get out of the way but not about to sacrifice his only way to fight back, when the hariyama stops. Once certain he's not about to get hit, he scans Chubman.
    "Maybe in the future. Need to learn control first. Too little of that in the past."
    "Fine, you no want to fight," the man says, seeming pretty sad about it, actually. "Tell you what. You do favor for me I give you baby Chubman. One for each of you. Big guy makes lotta babies. Sound good to you?" the man says, putting his considerably sized arm around the large Hariyama's shoulders.

Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis quietly swears to herself in Unovan as the move hits. He swung too wide and the bird capitalized on it. "Just a bad roll of the cosmic dice on my part." Give me a minute to help Aquilla and I'll happily follow you guys. Better you two than him at the very least. Where're you guys heading? She goes out to the field to pick up Aquilla, recalling the passed out eaglet.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo blows her a kiss as she leaves.

'Tomorrow, re-match. I'll hold you to that. Or I'll let you hold me, either way is good.'

Romeo decides it's best not to hang around in a psychic gym. Most didn't seem to like him. With that he decided to try his luck next door in the fighting gym. The bodies on some of those girls were to die for.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Again, sorry about that. I'd like to help you out though, what's the favor?"
    He seems a little sad he can't fight the man, but...well, killing tends to go poorly.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Artemis quietly swears to herself in Unovan as the move hits. He swung too wide and the bird capitalized on it. "Just a bad roll of the cosmic dice on my part." Give me a minute to help Aquilla and I'll happily follow you guys. Better you two than him at the very least. Where're you guys heading? She goes out to the field to pick up Aquilla, recalling the passed out eaglet.
    We'll meet you at the Pokemon Center. Make sure the creep doesn't follow you.

Romeo blows her a kiss as she leaves.

'Tomorrow, re-match. I'll hold you to that. Or I'll let you hold me, either way is good.'

Romeo decides it's best not to hang around in a psychic gym. Most didn't seem to like him. With that he decided to try his luck next door in the fighting gym. The bodies on some of those girls were to die for.
    Oh, I will, you hear said straight into your mind, like that little voice that tells you not to do little girls.

The Fighting Dojo is almost across town, but you manage to reach it fairly quickly. When you do reach it you see a large man talking to two scrawny nerds that look extremely out of place. The girls are to die for; hot girls fighting, the most clothes any of them wearing being a sports bra and some of the shortest shorts you ever seen. And for you, that's saying something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception please.

Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Again, sorry about that. I'd like to help you out though, what's the favor?"
    He seems a little sad he can't fight the man, but...well, killing tends to go poorly.
    "I want better gun," the man says, his voice dropping to normal talking volume, probably his equivalent of a whisper. "Bad thing is gun is illegal. Makes too big boom, guards no like. Actually, makes big boom and sets on fire, but that is no big detail. Anyways, not allowed in city. Need somebody to sneak it in. You guys do that for me?" the man says, grinning hugely.

Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Possibly. If we can't, can I make you a better one?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo scans the available booty, smiling like a kid in a candy store. A SEXY candy store.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception
    (1d20+2)[5]

Romeo notices nothing but the booty!
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan does not budge, nor flinches when the big red hand comes flying at his face. He seemed unusually calm under pressure. Ollie on the other hand jumped and trumpted angrily at the fat mon.

I'd be interested in helping you sir, but I'm afraid we on a time schedule. We must be somewhere by noon, do you believe we can retrieve this artillery of yours with enough time to spare? Ethan motions casually at Ollie to calm and scans the Hariyama while he converses with the large man.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan does not budge, nor flinches when the big red hand comes flying at his face. He seemed unusually calm under pressure. Ollie on the other hand jumped and trumpted angrily at the fat mon.

I'd be interested in helping you sir, but I'm afraid we on a time schedule. We must be somewhere by noon, do you believe we can retrieve this artillery of yours with enough time to spare? Ethan motions casually at Ollie to calm and scans the Hariyama while he converses with the large man.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, meet you there. Her mind turns to the boy. If you so much as wind up in the same building, Jessica and I will give you a very different threesome than you are likely used to. Her "voice" is serious. After a second she wonders if that might have sounded like an invitation as opposed to a threat. That was a threat, just in case you didn't grasp that. She runs off to the Center to get Aquilla healed up. Maybe she could find a non-creepy breeder to ask about her egg as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Started posting before I saw that he already left. Could pass by him on the way there.

Yes, that's her version of a threat. Tayloered to the individual.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-04-20 at 08:42 PM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

"Possibly. If we can't, can I make you a better one?"
    "Are you world famous Johtan gun smith? If yes, go ahead. If no, just pick up mine."

Romeo scans the available booty, smiling like a kid in a candy store. A SEXY candy store.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception
    [roll0]
    You get a few Pokemon scans in, but those are obviously not your focus.

In one corner of the Dojo you see a group of women doing yoga. Very attractive women. There are multiple fighitng rings around the arena featuring women fights as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Machoke, Hariyama, and Medidite added.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post

"Depends. It heavy, might take two of you to carry. Maybe an hour? I can lend you a cart if you want," he says, gesturing towards mutliple low to the ground push carts.

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo scans the yoga women and checks them out. He's looking for one that wouldn't mind a skinny guy like him. Most of the men here seemed pretty buff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know your Audience rolls:
    (1d20+4)[8]
    (1d20+4)[14]
    (1d20+4)[11]
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[12]
    (1d20+4)[5]

Assuming he finds someone like that, he goes over and sits next to her. While not the strongest, he was fairly flexible.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Ethan steps back and tilts his head for a moment. Is the package time sensitive? I'm afraid I don't believe we will have time to conduct such a job safely. Not right now. But later, possibly. He looks at the man blank face waiting patiently for an answer.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, meet you there. Her mind turns to the boy. If you so much as wind up in the same building, Jessica and I will give you a very different threesome than you are likely used to. Her "voice" is serious. After a second she wonders if that might have sounded like an invitation as opposed to a threat. That was a threat, just in case you didn't grasp that. She runs off to the Center to get Aquilla healed up. Maybe she could find a non-creepy breeder to ask about her egg as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Started posting before I saw that he already left. Could pass by him on the way there.

Yes, that's her version of a threat. Tayloered to the individual.
    You soon find yourself at the Pokemon Center. The one here seems streamlined, efficient. In fact, stuff seems healed almost instantly. It looks like the Nurses simply touch a Pokemon and it becomes better. A Nurse walks up to you and you feel the familiar presence on your mind.

"Psychic, hunh? One of us? No charge, just take your 'mons out," the Nurse says, obviously in a hurry. You don't see Jessica and Taylor yet, but they did say they'd meet you here.

Romeo scans the yoga women and checks them out. He's looking for one that wouldn't mind a skinny guy like him. Most of the men here seemed pretty buff.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know your Audience rolls:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Assuming he finds someone like that, he goes over and sits next to her. While not the strongest, he was fairly flexible.
    From your observations, you deduce that you lack the proper pectroral girth for all of them except one. There is one that might settle for your lack of muscles, maybe even like it. From her expression it is likely she was recently dumped, likely by the hulk of a man she keeps glancing at. Maybe she'd settle for a nice normal sized guy.

Spoiler
    Show
    -7 for all except Ms. Rebound. She'll be no modifier.

Ethan steps back and tilts his head for a moment. Is the package time sensitive? I'm afraid I don't believe we will have time to conduct such a job safely. Not right now. But later, possibly. He looks at the man blank face waiting patiently for an answer.
    "Time sensitive? No, time doesn't tickle it," the man says, obviosuly confused.

"He means do you need it soon!" a guy shouts from across the Dojo.

"OH! Yeah, I need soon. Tomorrow. I have to-" He stops, as if he was about to say something he's not supposed to. "I have to mow my lawn. Yeah, mow it. Flamethrower good for mowing."

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I officially love this town. She lets out Aquilla and shows her to a nurse. When Aquilla's better, Artemis finds a seat, Aquilla perching on her shoulder. She passively scans minds while keeping an eye out for anything she hasn't seen in her Pokédex before while she waits. She looks at the time on her phone, realizing that she does have a deadline that she has not been paying attention to.

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Don't think we're good enough to get through the guards. Sorry."
    He pats the guy on his back.
    "Sorry, but I'll be back to this area later. Maybe I'll take you guys up on a tournament next time, or train here. Just don't have the time today."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-20 at 11:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon Tabletop Adventures: Team Rocket, v 0.1

Ethan pulls out his datapad and taps the screen a few times and then pockets it once again. He did nothing, just wanted to look like he was doing something. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this endeavor. Me and my colleague cannot risk being tardy for our appointment. We do appreciate your offer but I must humbly decline. Thank you kindly for the offer. Shall we head out? Ethan does a small but respectful bow and Ollie does the same
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    The woman quite literally seems sick; if you had kept talking she might have puked.

After you exit the building it doesn't take too long to find a battle. A small court is surrounded with a group of people, cheering on their pets as each tried to kill the other.
    Paul whips out his newly acquired secondhand Pokedex to scan the battlers; his first, filled with the creatures he had seen in his childhood competitions, had long since been pawned for booze money. But now that he was going back into training, he knew he needed another of the devices, and saw a third-party knockoff that he was sure would do just as well. Granted, the 'Pokedax' label was a little disconcerting, but what's one letter?

He then looks to any trainer not currently in a battle.

Hey, anybody looking for a little one on one tussle? Gotta get my boy Buck here some training time. Got...got a big tournament coming up. Yeah, that's the ticket.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I officially love this town. She lets out Aquilla and shows her to a nurse. When Aquilla's better, Artemis finds a seat, Aquilla perching on her shoulder. She passively scans minds while keeping an eye out for anything she hasn't seen in her Pokédex before while she waits. She looks at the time on her phone, realizing that she does have a deadline that she has not been paying attention to.
    The Nurse quickly heals Aquilla, the bird becoming healthy almost immediately. Your clock says it is about 10; time flies while you're fighting Psychics.

Jessica and Taylor walk in just as you get up to leave. Taylor calls you over immediately. "Alright, tell Jessica that dude was a creep. Please," she begs.

"Don't think we're good enough to get through the guards. Sorry."
    He pats the guy on his back.
    "Sorry, but I'll be back to this area later. Maybe I'll take you guys up on a tournament next time, or train here. Just don't have the time today."
    "Awww," the man says, seeming genuinely sad. "Maybe some other time," he says, walking away. He starts lifting weights that have to be at least twice your body weight.

Ethan pulls out his datapad and taps the screen a few times and then pockets it once again. He did nothing, just wanted to look like he was doing something. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this endeavor. Me and my colleague cannot risk being tardy for our appointment. We do appreciate your offer but I must humbly decline. Thank you kindly for the offer. Shall we head out? Ethan does a small but respectful bow and Ollie does the same
    As you fake using the datapad you notice that the time is about 10:00.

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul whips out his newly acquired secondhand Pokedex to scan the battlers; his first, filled with the creatures he had seen in his childhood competitions, had long since been pawned for booze money. But now that he was going back into training, he knew he needed another of the devices, and saw a third-party knockoff that he was sure would do just as well. Granted, the 'Pokedax' label was a little disconcerting, but what's one letter?

He then looks to any trainer not currently in a battle.

Hey, anybody looking for a little one on one tussle? Gotta get my boy Buck here some training time. Got...got a big tournament coming up. Yeah, that's the ticket.
    You scan the two Pokemon, aquiring Combusken and Dustox for your Pokedax.

At your challenge, a dark Unovan man looks at you and laughs. "You wanna fight tubs?" the man asks, laughing. "Alright, alright. One on one, friendly wager of ^1500?" he asks, looking like he is trying hard not to laugh his head off.

Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Paul runs his hands along his elephantine physique.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm about to kick your keyster, pal. Send out your selection and let's do it.

He peels the cash from a sweaty wad in his pocket and holds it up for the man to see.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, he was a creep. Did you hear what he was thinking?" She conveys a small part of the thoughts she heard, the ones she didn't immediately try to flush from her mind. She a bit of nausea also gets through in the message. "That's what I got when I was trying to calm myself down and just looked for some reassurance from somewhere."

Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hustlertwo View Post
    Paul runs his hands along his elephantine physique.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm about to kick your keyster, pal. Send out your selection and let's do it.

He peels the cash from a sweaty wad in his pocket and holds it up for the man to see.
    "Me? I'll be using Chomper here," the man says, releasing a blue Pokemon with massive jaws. "No flying, no digging, straight up fight. Deal?"

"Yeah, he was a creep. Did you hear what he was thinking?" She conveys a small part of the thoughts she heard, the ones she didn't immediately try to flush from her mind. She a bit of nausea also gets through in the message. "That's what I got when I was trying to calm myself down and just looked for some reassurance from somewhere."
    "But he was so cute! And charming!" Jessica says.

Something's up with her. She's never been this into a guy. I mean never. He's not even her type! Taylor says, her telepathic thought somehow carrying the idea that she is worried.

"Look, he's a creep Jessica. Forget about him," Taylor says. "Do you have any plans or are you just chilling?" she asks Artemis.

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Unwillingly, thoughts of a building and importance flash across her mind. She didn't think of Rocket, but just about everything else. "I have a job interview at noon today, so I have to be at the Silph Co. building at probably 15 before. Have to make a good first impression. I have an hour and a half before I have to hurry. Any suggestions on what I could find to do in the mean time?"

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"See you around."
    He looks over to Ethan.
    "So what time is-oh, that late. Change of plan time, we're going to hit something close."
    (Are we closer to the Northern gate, or Southern gate?)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Romeo took off his shirt, revealing a finely shaven and waxed chest. He also gets out some lotion and starts rubbing himself down till he glistens.

He goes over and stands next to the girl and starts stretching. '"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." It means we don't realise how much we cared for a person till we've already lost them. A sad fact of human life.'

He knew it was a bit risky to go with big words when chatting up girls like this, but with his lack of a good body, a nice personality was the only way to get noticed here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attraction: (1d20+4)[22], vs INT or WILL mod (whatever is lowest)+1d20
    Works for (1d4+4)[7]hours

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Me? I'll be using Chomper here," the man says, releasing a blue Pokemon with massive jaws. "No flying, no digging, straight up fight. Deal?"

"But he was so cute! And charming!" Jessica says.

Something's up with her. She's never been this into a guy. I mean never. He's not even her type! Taylor says, her telepathic thought somehow carrying the idea that she is worried.

"Look, he's a creep Jessica. Forget about him," Taylor says. "Do you have any plans or are you just chilling?" she asks Artemis.
    I guess I will 'choose' Buck. Come on out, buddy.

The Scraggy emerges, ready to fight as always. Paul scans the opponent to include in his 'dax.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know the other mon so I don't know who is faster.