New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Elexxion Industries Transhuman Clinic

Core --> Offices

Iaito takes the card and pockets it. Paper mediums... how tedious. He frowns, though not at the quarren, and says, "Gertrude will be just outside."

Indeed, once Sedrat leaves, the young, curly-haired head secretary is waiting for him. "Iaito tells me you're interested in our servant options?"

[Lab]

"...Oh. Well please, don't hesitate to ask if you change your mind," Emma says, heading out of the room with Andy's personal security guards. She sounds disappointed. And with that, the good Doctor is left alone with his work. His meals will be delivered precisely on schedule, not a millisecond late. They're strange foods, synthesized meats and vegetables and other ingredients. Still, it will all be very energetic and nutritious.

Curious, Emma will try to sneak a peek at his work when she takes his meals.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-08-27 at 03:12 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

Offices

"Indeed. I would like information on other services too, for future reference, but the servant models are the main attraction." Sedrat will follow Gertrude if she leads, eager to see what this company really offers.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Lab]

"...Oh. Well please, don't hesitate to ask if you change your mind," Emma says, heading out of the room with Andy's personal security guards. She sounds disappointed. And with that, the good Doctor is left alone with his work. His meals will be delivered precisely on schedule, not a millisecond late. They're strange foods, synthesized meats and vegetables and other ingredients. Still, it will all be very energetic and nutritious.

Curious, Emma will try to sneak a peek at his work when she takes his meals.
    [Lab]

"It's to dangerouse." he says even thought Emma left.

During the meals Andy will be upstairs. If I'm not wrong it was two storage right? He will work exactly 8 hour. He also tries to hide things as much as possible since it is dangerouse so unless she enters the lab directly during he is sleeping she won#t find out much.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    ((Oops.
    I'm kind of bad.))
    Vesa is patrolling the halls in-suit as usual, hovering near-silently over the floor with eerie grace, Sensacles gently waving and turning to see everything.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Alia, whose upgrades should probably be RPed at some point, may or may not be nearby, also in her suit; if she is, she'll wave cheerfully to Vesa.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    She waves back, turning to face her.
    Good day. Are you well?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Door to Elexxion

A short figure in a hood and cloak will try and walk in. He'll try to find the front desk. Excuse me...I'll need to schedule an appointment...I need quite a few things done.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Halls]
    She waves back, turning to face her.
    Good day. Are you well?

"As well as can be expected, yes."

Her smile is likely plain to Vesa, given that for most of their time together they've had to rely solely on verbal cues to convey such things.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    Vesa nods, hovering.
    I am pleased to hear this.
    How are your new quarters?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Alia shrugs.

"They work well enough. They're not as good as the ones I had at Tempest, mind, but then again, I haven't had six months and a nigh-unlimited budget to customize them, either."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls[
    She nods quietly.
    I see, though I myself made little in the way of modifications to my room back at Tempest.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

"I didn't either, exactly, it's just that what I did change was important. But I'm sure I'll settle in...

What about you? How have you been doing?"

13. - Top - End - #283

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Offices

"Indeed. I would like information on other services too, for future reference, but the servant models are the main attraction." Sedrat will follow Gertrude if she leads, eager to see what this company really offers.
    Gertrude will certainly lead them. Sedrat has no idea where he's going. The bubbly, friendly secretary will say, "We can certainly send you some more information, dear. Now, your lil' club would probably be lookin' into our Revenant stocks. They're machines made from dead tissue. We take leftover clone bodies, swapped bodies, y'know. Lil' gross, if anybody asks me, but nobody has." She smiles, all the same. "We can still change how they look, if ya prefer."

Sedrat is led into a large, luxurious looking room. Summer yellow and deep brown colors, plush furniture, various refreshments and entertainment options available. It's a stark contrast from the rest of the Clinic. Several other potential patrons are already indulging. Whether it be giving a flawless haircut, applying a makeover, or feeding someone their own food, the servants here seem quite capable. There's also more otherworldly fare, toward the back of the room - strange dancers in shimmering clothes, hologames with steely-eyed androids, genetically engineered pets and people. Home improvement personnel and cleaning staff go about their business in the chamber, altering the room in record time or cleaning up the occasional mess.

"See all these workin' folks? They're Revenants. Not cheap, mind you dear, but worth every coin."

Indeed, every person that's attending to or performing for a customer is obviously augmented. The strangest among them have their purely electronic brains connected to huge cords that droop from the back of their skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Lab]

"It's to dangerouse." he says even thought Emma left.

During the meals Andy will be upstairs. If I'm not wrong it was two storage right? He will work exactly 8 hour. He also tries to hide things as much as possible since it is dangerouse so unless she enters the lab directly during he is sleeping she won#t find out much.
    So as not to disturb Andy's intense focus, Emma will leave him alone for the most part. Though she may in fact sneak in while he's asleep and try to get a peek at his work. She's very quiet, for the most part, and with those hovering feet of hers...

Lobby

The short man, once at the fore of the line, is met by a charming young secretary with curly black hair and blue eyes. His holo-tag reads 'Gary'. "What would you like done, sir? The availability of your appointment will depend on the procedure."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Lab]

Andy had no traps or anything prepared, still he has robot parts so if there are any kind of noise it's safe to say he wakes up.

The room itself is a bit redesigned. 7 tables are ordered around a mid table. Depending on the day she tries to sneak up sever al will be filled with tools and such mixing something. Every day one table more is used and at the end of day 6 the surrounding seven re all in use. It's hard to say what he used since he didn't made notes anywhere, no need if you have a robot head.^^ After all things shouldn't go bad unless Emma starts touching anything. The tables in use are also active, like a small flame burning or a centrifuge.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

Showroom
    Hmm... very interesting. "You say you can change the way they look... what are some examples of different styles?" The ones that look very human are a little... creepy. Ones that are a bit less personable is more what he's shooting for.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

The short man, once at the fore of the line, is met by a charming young secretary with curly black hair and blue eyes. His holo-tag reads 'Gary'. "What would you like done, sir? The availability of your appointment will depend on the procedure."[/QUOTE]

The incredibly short man in the cloak speaks out. I...I need a new face...and body...and a clone. I can afford it all, believe me....I have a large amount of assets at my disposal...I want you to make me a suit of metal, to put over myself...go all Darth Vader and stuff...eh, and a clone. I said thaqt right? Yeah...how much will it be?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground

[Surgical Wing]

Spec fidgets with her clothing anxiously, the mechanical clicking and clanking doing nothing to calm her frayed nerves in the slightest! Even after Gary's heartfelt assurances do nothing to silence the prophet of doom harassing and disturbing her inner serenity.

Gary said it wouldn't hurt. Gary said that even if something does go wrong, nothing will come of it.

Spec chants this mantra to herself for a good minute or so before abandoning the mantra to the wolves.

She readies herself for the inevitable. She set this in motion and she'll see it through to the bitter end!

"Okay, Gary, let's do this!"

Spec commences the disrobing of herself as she walks down the hallway with the salesman! He did answer that she'd have to remove her clothing for the purposes of the surgery, didn't he?

18. - Top - End - #288

Showroom

Gertrude leads Sedrat back toward the more curious sights and sounds. On their left, a featureless robot in a suit plays the piano. The posh, mansion-esque room transforms into a chrome paradise, with lovely music and strange sights all around. Pale alien beings, lacking similarity to any natural humanoid race, watch Sedrat and Gertrude pass by quietly. Genetically engineered hounds, hairless and augmented at the joints, sniff at their heels and look up at them questioningly.

A shimmering river splits the room about halfway through, crossed by a chrome bridge, where spidery robots and automatons shaped like men cross. They're not truly going anywhere, but there is a definite sense of urgency, even with the calm trickling of the stream below. Neon trees glitter and shift in the 'wind'.

Gertrude watches the passerby a moment with that discerning gaze. She stops one, a huge brute, by placing a hand on his chest. The brute's face is a simple metal plate, and two glowing eyes are set into shallow sockets. "What do you think of this one? Too robotic, or...?"

Surgical Wing

"Uh... ma'am?" Gary says, red-faced. "You... you can change in the operating room."

That operating room quickly becomes apparent. A door slides aside, startling even Gary after he'd been trying so hard not to peek at Spec. It's a dim, quiet little room, with a chair much like you'd find in a dentist's office. Little else is visible.

Just getting out of that chair is a dazed young man, who now appears to have a crystalline growth extending from his scalp like spiky hair. His newly glowing eyes survey the two people, mostly Spec, before he shoots a pair of finger-pistols at Gary. In approval, apparently. "Duuude..."

Then he staggers off down the hallway, still half-drugged.

Lobby

"Face... clone... those are relatively easy to approximate, sir. You could call it somewhere in the ballpark of two to three thousand gold pieces. But a suit of metal?" Gary smiles charmingly, despite saying, "You'll have to be more specific."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Halls]

"I didn't either, exactly, it's just that what I did change was important. But I'm sure I'll settle in...

What about you? How have you been doing?"
    I am well, but I have been rather unstimulated of late.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I am well, but I have been rather unstimulated of late.
    Alia goes to hug her gently.

"You need some more company, then? Or at least to talk to people more often? Or am I misunderstanding completely?"

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Showroom

"No, no. That is about right. Firmly on the far side of the uncanny valley." He's making an educated guess, it's nowhere near the quarren uncanny valley. "Please feel free to give me the full marketing pitch on this model."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    She pats her friend's shoulder.
    I merely mean that very little has gone on for me to attend to; though I do not enjoy trouble, I find a certain satisfaction in stifling possible threats.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Wolf nods.

"Yeah, it is pretty quiet, especially compared to what we used to do... If it would help, I'd be happy to spar with you?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    I will be able to take a respite from patrolling soon, so we could do that then.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

"Speaking of respites from patrolling, when's your next day off? I was thinking we could do something then..."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    I have one in a few days, actually...
    What would you be wanting to do then?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

"I don't know, exactly. Just spend some time with you, I guess. Maybe see a movie or something?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    She nods, leading her player to find the concept of Vesa going out to a place with other people present to be hilarious.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Well, at least she'll have Alia there to help her get through it...

Alia smiles behind her helmet.

"Sounds like it's settled, then."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]
    She nods simply, not really knowing how this will work out.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show