New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Part of me wants to change the resolution system for this over to glorious, glorious... JANSEN!

I mean, Moe-Tan shows that you can build a stat-based game that still has Rock-Paper-Scissors for resolution... heck, I could adapt the entire thing over in my week break I have starting this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Would anyone object to me doing a quick writeup of the Persona High Arcanas, as well as which character types fit them best and what Roll Modifiers are suggested for the Arcana?

If so, I'd use them as part of my Dungeon Crawling rule, and expand on the rule.
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2013-08-31 at 06:22 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

So, Rainy, I had a thought.

I recall you mentioning the rampant use of Universal Advantages and were looking for a way to minimize that.

What about something make character creation limited to six advantages. Then in order to select a Universal Advantage, you have to forfeit an additional Advantage for each Universal you wanted to take?

Meaning you would only have five Advantages. Four Archetype, and One Universal.

It would limit the number people could reasonably take, since to take more than two would constitute a serious gamble on the part of the player, since they would have only four advantages compared to the others.

But to compensate, the Universal Advantages could have a smaller secondary bonus. For example, Well Endowed could easily get a +1 bonus to some conflict rolls when trying to remove Protagonist-kun from the clutches of another girl.

Just a quick thought.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm honestly considering just getting rid of Universal Advantages altogether. In the original version of the game, you only got to choose one archetype for your character, so I provided a larger pool of Universal Advantages to give people some more choices to make their characters unique. But now that everyone gets two archetypes' worth of advantages to choose from, there really isn't as much of a need for the Universal Advantages, since there's a lot of variety to be had between genki childhood friends, shrinking violet childhood friends, and yandere childhood friends.

One thought I had was to change to a system where you have five Archetype Advantages drawn from your two archetypes and one Quirk Advantage that can be drawn from any archetype in the game.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Quirk advantages are good. I'd say just having General be options for that quirk as well. Keeps things that really are too general to categorize, while still not making a bunch of well endowed genius athletic cooks.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, I think Athletic could get its own Archetype in Sports Club President, or be a subtype of a more general Skill bonus Advantage for a Club President Archetype. And I don't really think Sweet Tooth really deserves an Advantage (it is a common trait, but it's not really something that should give an edge, I don't think).

Well-Endowed and Good Cook still get left out, and Good Cook, in particular, I feel should remain universal anyway. Well-Endowed, I don't really think about that much because it doesn't cater to me, personally, so I'd be OK even if we removed it altogether.
    Last edited by The Rose Dragon; 2013-09-04 at 06:10 PM.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Good Cook (and maybe Sweet Tooth, because why not) could lead to a simple cooking or house work focused archetype.

Well Endowed is a problem still. Maybe it would just be best left as a "Anyone can take it" thing. Kind of clunky, but eh.

Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

I think the best way of handling Well-Endowed while still keeping it is limiting it to one cast member, personally. Like, everyone else might have a nice figure, but that one character is like YOWZA!, and the others just pale in comparison.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Athletic is definitely getting moved to Sports Star. Good Cook might fall under a 'yamato nadeshiko' sort of archetype if I do one of those in the future. I agree that Sweet Tooth could be dispensed with pretty easily.

What do you think about moving Well Endowed to the Half-Foreign archetype?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    One thought I had was to change to a system where you have five Archetype Advantages drawn from your two archetypes and one Quirk Advantage that can be drawn from any archetype in the game.
    I vote that one, except that I would prefer the option to take from Universals as well, personally.

Also I'm compiling lists of subtypes (for my game only), where the player can pick 3 of 5 options to be the subtype. Examples include

Male Non-Protagonist
    Imouto
    Mama-san

I think I got the 5 choices for MNP and Imouto listed here in previous pages, maybe not. I might have them on my E game advertisement thread. I don't have Mama-san yet, but I have several eroge games I can draw inspiration from so the decision process wouldn't be too much.

Anyway the rule above where you can pick one Quirk Advantage from another class makes it really easy for me because I can then draw from 3 archetypes or more to make the subtypes. I hope this isn't too much of a bother.

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight
    Athletic is definitely getting moved to Sports Star. Good Cook might fall under a 'yamato nadeshiko' sort of archetype if I do one of those in the future. I agree that Sweet Tooth could be dispensed with pretty easily.

Yes and the one that's accident prone is also a distinct possibility as well... Why? Too top heavy
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2013-09-04 at 06:31 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, it does follow certain stereotypes. On the other hand, I've seen more than my share of examples where Ms. Fanservice is not the half-foreigner character. The Quirk Advantage thing should allow characters who don't have Half-Foreign to take it regardless, but the main problem is that I feel everyone would take it anyway, disregarding other Advantages with far more personality behind them.

Frankly, I think that is my problem with Well-Endowed. It says nothing about the character's personality, just her looks. Maybe if it was less about having a specific figure, and more about flaunting one's looks, regardless of what those looks are (something like, say, Shameless Fanservice), that would work better.

An example is Jessica and Maria from Aoi House. Maria is the better-endowed of the two, but since she is actually kind of ashamed about it, she doesn't get to be Ms. Fanservice, while Jessica does. The secondary Ms. Fanservice in the series is Elle, who, as a synchronized swimmer, is actually rather slender, but she can dole out fanservice even without meaning to because of her utter disregard for social conventions and any guys around.
    I use black for sarcasm.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe put it in as "Miss Fanservice" under Pervert? "Whether by natural gifts, working what you were born with, you have a way of sticking out in someone's mind. +1 to all Allure rolls of those attracted to your sex."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2013-09-04 at 06:47 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Frankly, I think that is my problem with Well-Endowed. It says nothing about the character's personality, just her looks. Maybe if it was less about having a specific figure, and more about flaunting one's looks, regardless of what those looks are (something like, say, Shameless Fanservice), that would work better.

An example is Jessica and Maria from Aoi House. Maria is the better-endowed of the two, but since she is actually kind of ashamed about it, she doesn't get to be Ms. Fanservice, while Jessica does. The secondary Ms. Fanservice in the series is Elle, who, as a synchronized swimmer, is actually rather slender, but she can dole out fanservice even without meaning to because of her utter disregard for social conventions and any guys around.
    Mmm, I think you've convinced me. That's why...

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Maybe put it in as "Miss Fanservice" under Pervert?
    ...I think this would be a pretty good solution, using a "shameless fanservice" kind of advantage.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

I expect a "Special Thanks To" section in the credits, just so you know!
    I use black for sarcasm.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

tongue Re: High School Harem Comedy (Game System, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I expect a "Special Thanks To" section in the credits, just so you know!
    I meanwhile ask for nothing in return! Though I did edit my post to have a bit of flavor text.

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

I meanwhile ask for nothing in return! Though I did edit my post to have a bit of flavor text.
    Then I'll be sure to leave you out when I do the next PDF lol
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by steelsmiter View Post
    Yes and the one that's accident prone Dojikki is also a distinct possibility as well... Why? Too Top Heavy
    Maybe put it in as "Miss Fanservice" under Pervert?
    Actually this is an argument in favor of Universality. I still like Quirks though, and I think that if several Archetypes have the same benefit, you pretty much can do away with Universals. I'd need both Sweet Tooth and Good Cook though for my Sensei-chan, pick the cooking archetype as my second archetype and grab the Cuckoolander Non Sequitur ability as my Quirk
    Last edited by steelsmiter; 2013-09-04 at 07:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

So there's this thing. I like some of the advantages of Yandere (Armed And Dangerous and Terrifying Presence) for a brawler, but I would never play Yandere. Any way to implement those into other Archetypes?

...Actually, I think this just proves that the Quirk Advantage is a good idea. I could be a Kuudere Bokukko and grab an advantage from Yandere or Sukeban.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-09-04 at 07:08 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quirk advantages seem ideal to me, too.

I would add that the "Well-Endowed" advantage can mean different things fluffwise depending on what sorts of body types the protagonist is attracted to. I mean, it's genre appropriate, but in an all-boys game it might be washboard abs, or in another game it might be rockin' hips or muscular arms or what-have-you.

Perhaps the specific trait could be left to the players who select Well-Endowed.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's why I suggested that Well Endowed be placed in several archetypes, with different names for each.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

That's why I suggested that Well Endowed be placed in several archetypes, with different names for each.
    And why I left it vague, aside from it being an attractive trait, or making a trait look good.

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know after a few interwebs searches I'm about to come to the conclusion that Kyonyuu(sp?) Heroine might be a worthy archetype.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

You know after a few interwebs searches I'm about to come to the conclusion that Kyonyuu(sp?) Heroine might be a worthy archetype.
    Mind explaining for those of us not in the loop?

Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind explaining for those of us not in the loop?
    巨乳 kyonyuu = big breasts.

By the way, this also leads me to wonder... do you think I should put English equivalents with any of the archetypes for clarity along with the actual description of the archetype? I enjoy using the Japanese terms for flavor, and I'd imagine that ones like tsundere and yandere are pretty well-known, but I don't think ones like sukeban or iinchou are as commonly understood.
    Last edited by A Rainy Knight; 2013-09-04 at 08:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

I actually really like Universal Advantages the way they are, I just think that we need more to reduce the cases of people all taking the same ones. People using them, or even taking a lot of them, shouldn't be a problem as long as not too many people take the same exact one. Like I have a player in one of my groups right now who's taking 3 Universal Advantages, but I'm entirely fine with it since it's actually unique for them due to the other players in his group not having any so far except for one who also has Athletic. If it fits the player's concept and all the characters will still be very different from one another, I have no problems with someone taking even multiple Universal Advantages.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Fine for you, but if it stays the way it is, I'm taking Well-Endowed, because this is the tomboy pic I've got:
    Spoiler
    Show

I would say those are at least Ds.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2013-09-04 at 08:24 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, and out of all 10 of my players only 1 person so far has taken Well-Endowed, so I don't think that advantage being crowded is a problem in every single group that plays this game.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

@ Rainy: That would be helpful. Even if most people who play this are big enough fans to know most of the terms, some of us (*raises hand*) don't.

Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

巨乳 kyonyuu = big breasts.

By the way, this also leads me to wonder... do you think I should put English equivalents with any of the archetypes for clarity along with the actual description of the archetype? I enjoy using the Japanese terms for flavor, and I'd imagine that ones like tsundere and yandere are pretty well-known, but I don't think ones like sukeban or iinchou are as commonly understood.
    I'd do a parenthetical for all of them. I have been told that's one of the reasons for the last player of the first class to have stalled out in the Creation process. They simply don't know. One of my other players pointed them to the first two obvious options related to their character's personality, I pointed out a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam Funk View Post
    I actually really like Universal Advantages the way they are, I just think that we need more to reduce the cases of people all taking the same ones. People using them, or even taking a lot of them, shouldn't be a problem as long as not too many people take the same exact one. Like I have a player in one of my groups right now who's taking 3 Universal Advantages, but I'm entirely fine with it since it's actually unique for them due to the other players in his group not having any so far except for one who also has Athletic. If it fits the player's concept and all the characters will still be very different from one another, I have no problems with someone taking even multiple Universal Advantages.
    I agree, though I prefer two over three. I still like Quirks though. Especially if the current Universals are divided amongst Archetypes and as I said, multiple instances of Well Endowed (possibly under several different names) exist so that you can get the flavor, whether you're Foreign, or Ms. Fanservice, or you're Klutzy because you're Too Top Heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam Funk View Post
    Oh, and out of all 10 of my players only 1 person so far has taken Well-Endowed, so I don't think that advantage being crowded is a problem in every single group that plays this game.
    Indeed. I only have 1 Well Endowed girl.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Rainy: That would be helpful. Even if most people who play this are big enough fans to know most of the terms, some of us (*raises hand*) don't.
    This is done! Mostly, at least.

Also, since it's been a while since I added anything new, I'd like to introduce the first completed supernatural archetype: the Eldritch Abomination! Now Nyarko can come and torment your protagonists, too.