New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

Maybe we can do the Jason's mom scene as well and start Jason's training.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing as Jane Jirou and Cale are nearly done with their MAHJONG game, I'm up for some plot there as soon as the game finishes.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail] Academy City OOC II : ONEESAMA!!!!

I'm up for plotsies as well.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

So am I!

Incidentally, I have multiple ideas for Tsubasa trying to deal with her emotional turning-off.

Hmmm... now, to get one that actually makes sense. Part of why this is hard is I haven't really figured out why it happens. I'm thinking her mind just shuts down her emotional centres to deal with the massive volume of wind that she controls, especially when she tries tricky stuff involving finesse (I know it doesn't work in terms of science, stop killing catgirls dammit!).

Any ideas from you guys? The other idea I've had is that it's a unique (or rather, she'd be Subject Zero- you know, the one in which they first identify it) condition related to her powers growing. You know, one of the things that might pop up due to Espers being new and not well known right now.

...I actually like this second idea better than the first.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-12-22 at 06:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, we already have some whose brains are hurt because they haven't adjusted entirely to their powers (like the girl with improved senses) so maybe it's a yet-undiscovered variant of that?

Maybe her powers just take up so much of her concentration that other parts can't work while they're used?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I think Tsubasa's lack of emotion is just an "ordinary" form of super focus - when push comes to shove, she pushes emotions aside to do what must be done.

To be "cured", she only needs to bump into something distracting enough to break her concentration!

"At your service!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rhydeble View Post
    Seeing as Jane Jirou and Cale are nearly done with their MAHJONG game, I'm up for some plot there as soon as the game finishes.
    The game will end whenever you want it to end; Cale is basically the only player left who still has an active role in it. Everyone else is just coasting until he either completes his hand (and wins) or runs out of turns (and loses).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know, so I'm just waiting for the most dramatic moment for the game to be decided. (for example, right before PLOT kicks in)
    Last edited by Rhydeble; 2010-12-23 at 03:12 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Keveak, where's Katsu's bio?

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Hey Keveak, where's Katsu's bio?
    Here

Don't ask me to change anything, though. I have no idea what my Wikidot password is ^_^'

Note to self: Don't base entire Internet security on Comic Books, you read too many of them.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-12-23 at 05:53 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Eh, I just failed to spot him on the character list.

... where are Katsu and Tsubasa, by the way? I think I lost track some pages ago.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Eh, I just failed to spot him on the character list.

... where are Katsu and Tsubasa, by the way? I think I lost track some pages ago.
    An eating place. Somewhere.

That's how much I know.

It could be Tokiwadai for all I know
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know, so I'm just waiting for the most dramatic moment for the game to be decided. (for example, right before PLOT kicks in)
    I got nothing to add to this game at the moment. Cause that might result in Jane exploding and I don't want her to grow a spine just yet.
    (Christmas) Lillith Avatar by Serpetine
    Psylock Lillith Avatar by Bradakhan
    Ceras Lillith Avatar by Araveugnitsuga

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Bleeeeeh. Took me far too long to get internet here in Korea, and now my family insists on dragging me everywhere. I'll try my best to get a post in later tonight, but my mother has plans for today, so I can't guarantee anything...

(At least my plane managed to get across safe and sound. )

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorta not sure where other characters are right now. Should I just have my character RP by herself for now?
    A well-placed bullet can stop anybody with an oversized sword.
    In real life that is.
    Everywhere else, you're screwed.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo66 View Post
    Sorta not sure where other characters are right now. Should I just have my character RP by herself for now?
    That often helps. Moving to a new location might be a good idea as well; There's not much reason for most people to be around Tokiwadai on a saturday.

If you're looking for some interaction right now, though, I could always whip something up on the fly. Just say the word...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

If anyone would like to interact with Kenta, he's available. (And alone. )

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to give Zersk a poke...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been thinking about making a second lower-level (so less confident) character, anyone have some nice inspiration for me?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

I've been thinking about making a second lower-level (so less confident) character, anyone have some nice inspiration for me?
    Well, I was thinking of making a Dummy Skill Esper. However, she would be higher level than Jason so...>.>

20. - Top - End - #50
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Currently, I'm thinking of making a character as well. This time an Anti-Skill member (since there is only one according to the Wiki)

Name: Christopher Rockwell
    Past Bio: A graduate from MIT in Particle Physics and a Former USMC Sergent, recently deployed in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and stationed in FOB Cobra. He was his squad's leader and the squad's marksmen. Recently moved to Camp Schwab in Okinawa.

When Anti-skill was looking for new recruits online, he applied immediately. His dream was to see Academy City, up close.

With his combat experience in Iraq, he was chosen. He now trains new Judgement recruits with USMC style physical training and MCMAP. He also trains new Anti-Skill recruits.

He also teaches (rmb- there are no full time military personnel in Index timeline) English and Advanced Physics in Tokiwadai Middle School.

Do I need to make it any longer or include any extra details?
    Last edited by shinnmoso; 2010-12-29 at 01:06 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shinnmoso View Post
    Currently, I'm thinking of making a character as well. This time an Anti-Skill member (since there is only one according to the Wiki)

Past Bio: A graduate from MIT in Particle Physics and a Former USMC Sergent, recently deployed in Operation Iraqi Freedom, and stationed in FOB Cobra. He was his squad's leader and the squad's marksmen. Recently moved to Camp Schwab in Okinawa.

When Anti-skill was looking for new recruits online, he applied immediately. His dream was to see Academy City, up close.

With his combat experience in Iraq, he was chosen. He now trains new Judgement recruits with USMC style physical training and MCMAP. He also trains new Anti-Skill recruits.

He also teaches (rmb- there are no full time military personnel in Index timeline) English and Advanced Physics in Tokiwadai Middle School.

Who's the other Anti-Skill?

22. - Top - End - #52
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Who's the other Anti-Skill?
    Ryan Williams apparently...

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

First, welcome to RailgunITP!

Second, DIIEEEE...Wait, wrong forum. Here's your complimentary t-shirt.

As for Christopher, I put up an example character back in the 1st thread and I should probably put the template up in the OP, but here's the general guidelines of what you should fill out.

Name: Kasusa Sakurako
    Aliases: None
    Level: 4
    Groups: Judgement

Description:

Appearance: Sakurako is a petite girl with red hair that she's dyed to a deeper crimson color out of vanity, which she wears down to just past her shoulders but tied back in a long pony-tail held in place by twin green orbs. She has an open and friendly face, making it easy to tell what she's thinking about most of the time, and generally complies with Tokiwaida's dress code about wearing the school uniform even on days off. Thus she's usually seen in the sweater-vest/dress shirt/skirt combo.

There are however a couple odd additions to her school uniform though. The first is a pair of bloomers underneath her skirt because teleporting one's self upside down could accidentally cause a fair bit of embarrassment. The second is the green armband signifying she's a member of Judgement, though she'll often stash this out of sight. Finally there are two bands around her upper thighs where numerous large metal spikes are stashed as well as a pair of Judgement handcuffs or two.

Sakurako possesses a feminine figure in the sense she has no reason to be overly jealous of most other girls, but she is also rather lean because of all the agility training she needs to practice.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mischievous, vibrant, full of life, and a joy to be around. Sakurako takes a great delight in playing small practical jokes, not out of any intent to harm but because the reactions amuse her to no end. It's making her friends and associates slightly uncomfortable or embarrassed that's the draw for her, something that has gotten her beaten by her class-mates several times for 'accidentally' going too far. Not that she minds, sometimes you have to suffer consequences for your actions. The red-haired girl is also rather open about her attraction to other girls, but only in the sense she doesn't believe it's something shameful, something she should try to hide, or the only thing that makes up who she is. In her own words...

"So I prefer the fairer sex, so what? I also like greasy American food, but no one seems to care about that. Why should this be any different?"
    That hasn't stopped her using this to tease others though...

On duty, she maintains the same cheerful manner but is much more serious, especially when it's come to someone who has harmed other people without a good cause. While not a pacifist, she believes violence doesn't solve too much on it's own and thus doesn't play around when subduing a suspect, seeking to end it quickly and cleanly with minimal people hurt.

At Tokiwadai, she's known for good grades (most of the time) and for tutoring younger students in her off time. Her room-mate has remarked that Sakurako spends most of the time in their room writing emails or preparing videos to send back to her family, especially her little sister.

Abilities

Esper Ability: Instant Teleportation

As a Level 4, Sakurako's ability to teleport objects begins to take on an almost fantastic turn. She is capable of teleporting an object into another object. Rather then end up destroying the object or being unable to perform the teleportation, the object she's teleporting will displace the surrounding material until it occupies the space Sakurako intends it to. In such a fashion she can teleport nails into the ground to pin an opponent or slice through cement and steel with a pane of regular glass. However, she's only capable of teleporting objects (not living creatures) that she can touch. In addition, the only objects she can teleport weigh below 285 to 295 pounds as long as she knows where the 'end point' is in relation to herself, and can be teleported up to 265 to 275 feet away. Thus she can teleport an object to somewhere she can't see, but it's difficult unless she was recently at that location.

However, her aim is not perfect and on an ill-aimed teleport, what she was sending could end up to five feet away from where she intended so she always takes a moment to collect herself before attempting to teleport something. In addition it requires intense focus and spatial awareness to get a jump down right, so if something disrupts her focus then it can take upwards of half a minute to get back into the right frame of mind. Even something is as seemingly minor as a good punch or kick will disrupt her concentration if she isn't prepared for it.

Additional Uses: She may also teleport herself at the same range (within sight) though she can now 'safely' teleport herself to locations she can't see up to fifty feet away. Though unless she has memorized the 'end point', she risks teleporting herself into an object and possibly harming herself, meaning shorter jumps are still safer.

Physical Traits:
    -First Aid Training: Practically a prerequisite for any self-respecting Judgement member, especially if they have an active interest in helping people.
    -Jujutsu: As useful as it is to teleport, she only carries around fifteen spikes at a time and she usually can't collect them again in the middle of a fight usually. To this end she's competent in jujutsu, but for actual fighting as opposed to tournament fighting.
    -Good Singer: No application in fighting of any kind, Sakurako just likes to sing and is surprisingly good at it.

Mental Traits:
    -Spatial Awareness: This is a must for her Instant Teleportation to work. If she doesn't know where she's sending something, she can't send it there.
    -Good with Computers: Partially Judgement training, partially a skill she's acquired from living in Academy City. If something is low security she might be able to access it. If it's medium security then she can ATTEMPT to get access but will likely fail. High security computerized systems are so utterly beyond her it's not even funny.

Notable Equipment:
    -14 steel spikes- Used to non-lethally detain a suspect.
    -Handcuffs- Same use as above, used to detain a suspect until Anti-Skill can pick them up.
    So more detail is always welcomed.

On the character himself..Hmm...Did he retire from the military? Anti-skill would be keen to pick up people with military experience, but not if they were still currently a member of another nation's military since it could cause all sorts of diplomatic problems if an American Marine, even if he was on Anti-Skill duty at the time, injured a Japanese, Chinese, Russian, etc. student.

On that same line of thought, I'm not sure USMC physical training and combat training would be suitable for teaching to kids in Judgment. Keep in mind that Judgment isn't SUPPOSED to be a police force or any kind of armed group, they're (in theory) the equivalent of volunteer fire-men. All they are really taught is procedure and they are required to pass a physical exam. Anything beyond that is purely studied under that student's own initiative rather then something required. Teaching Anti-Skill recruits that sort of thing is fine though, they are the ones who are supposed to be handling the serious problems and such training would benefit them.

The only other detail that stands out to me is that he teaches two courses (two wildly different courses) at a level that got him hired by a very prestigious academy over other applicants. My suggestion would be to pick just one subject (in this case, I'd say English would be the best one for him) since he'd be teaching English to EVERY grade within Tokiwadai, not just one grade level like in the States (which could bog him down with paperwork and homework rather fast!). Other then that, doesn't look bad.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Ya, I was just seeing if there was someone else you were refering to that snuck in behind my back. Just making sure you were talking about Ryan.

25. - Top - End - #55
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Thanks for the rough guide. I've created my character profile. Feedback is welcome!

Aliases: -none-
    Level: 0
    Groups: Anti-Skill, Staff of Tokiwadai

Description:

Appearance: Rockwell is the average retired American Marine. He is well built, with a “High and Tight” buzz cut.

Currently, he teaches as an English Teacher in Tokiwadai. However, he can cover science lessons due to him having a PhD in Particle Physics from MIT.

When teaching, he is like every other teaching staff. During summer, he wears a striped dress shirt with “Eagle Globe and Anchor” pin on his chest pocket and a pair of light brown trousers. The only difference between him and other staff in Tokiwadai is that he wears light brown, standard issue tan combat boot every day.

When training new recruits, he is seen wearing his standard issue SWAT style combat gear. His MICH helmet, Black Combat Uniform, Modular Tactical Vest is always on him during training of recruits. When inspected closely, there is not a single speck of dust or dirt on the uniform.

In everyday life though, he dresses nothing too out of the ordinary. He wears a light blue navy hoodie with “USMC” written on the back, a pair well fitting of Levi Jeans and a pair of New Balance Sneakers. Sometimes, he would wear a red Hoodie with “MIT” written on it.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cold and emotionless, that is how most people describe Rockwell. In reality though, he is a joyful and caring person. Rockwell enjoys volunteer work. Sometimes on his days off, he volunteers to look after child errors. He is also an Otaku. But a very light one.

He loves a good cup of Latte and a bagel with cream cheese. Fresh milk and cheese is never available at FOB Cobra, where he lived on MREs for three weeks at a time. He can instantly be put into a good mood when someone buys him these stuff.

He is also a natural team leader, thanks to his training in the USMC. He can motivate people who are unwilling to complete tasks to actively engaged in the task.

In training periods, he is seen as a tough and uncaring drill-sergeant. In reality though, that is his mask during training to keep is as close to combat situation possible. However, when a recruit is about the drop, Rockwell would run up to the recruit, and help him out physically. He would also provide extra training to recruits if they ask for it.

During Combat missions, he cares about the wellbeing of his fire team more than his safety. This trait has earned him a Purple Heart.

When teaching, he does care about his class. Often providing free one-on-one tutor classes to some students that are not catching up with work. However, he is very strict with Homework and not handing homework in. If a student deliberately forgets to complete set tasks, he would place the whole class in after-school detention for three hours, completing what Rockwell does every morning in recruit training.

Abilities

Esper Ability: -none-

Physical Traits:
    -Quick Reflexes: Rockwell is one of the fastest reacting people in his regiment. He can disarm you before you even notice that your weapon is gone. By the time you realized your weapon is gone, you would be on the ground.
    -Sepmper fu: Rockwell is well trained in the MCMAP. He is a Black Belt in the MCMAP, the highest level he can get as a sergeant in the USMC.
    -Physically Fit: He is the fittest in his regiment in the USMC. Rockwell can run faster and longer than the average US Navy SEAL operator. He can also swim faster than the average SEAL operator
    -Sharpshooting: During his earlier years in College, he is the most accurate shooter in the whole MIT campus. With the emphasis on accuracy in USMC training, he is a quick and accurate shooter. However, he is terrible with weapons that are not based on the AR-15/AR-18 series

Mental Traits:
    -Toughness: Mentally, he is extremely tough, even under the stress of combat, with Insurgents spraying bullets over his helmet, he is able to identify the co-ordinates of the targets and call in an airstrike. He is also a tough nut to crack during interrogations.
    -Good with Computers: Due to him studying in MIT, he has picked up a lot of hacking skills from his colleagues in MIT. He also watches Hacker Conventions online to protect his personal computer. However, these skills are useless in Academy City since most computers are harder to hack than the server in the Pentagon. But, this is not necessary since he is a very high ranking Anti-Skill.

Notable Equipment:

On Duty
    - HK 417 Rifle Assaulter Model with ACOG scope attached- to take down targets at all ranges. Fires a more powerful 7.62 NATO round. Effective up to 900 meters. Known to over-penetrate targets but will go through standard body armor.
    - HK45 Pistol with Surefire Flashlight- A more powerful pistol designed to incapacitate targets. Fires the .45ACP round. Effective 100 meters. Will not over-penetrate targets but will not go through Standard body armor.
    - KA-BAR Knife- A ultra durable knife that he has since recruitment days. It has his name engraved on it. Effective very short range.
    - Flashbang- A stun grenade that temporary disorients targets
    - Pepper Spray- A incapacitating agent that causes temporary blindness on targets.
    Off-duty
    - Mobile Phone- Rockwell has a touch screen Android phone that he uses during combat missions and everyday life. But the reception of his provider is poor so he is planning to change to a local Japanese phone.
    - Laptop- During teaching, this is almost a must have. He owns a Lenovo Thinkpad X-series Ultraportable that is usually laughed at by students.
    Last edited by shinnmoso; 2010-12-29 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Advice taken- split equipment into two

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

*snip*
    Looks pretty good! The last piece of advice that I can think of is to divide his notable equipment into 'when on duty as Anti-Skill' and 'when in civilian clothes/teaching'. I only say this because we've been working under the assumption that since Academy City is rather close to Japan, that it's been working under Japan's restrictions on firearms and knives which are...hella stringent and make it really unlikely for tons of people to have guns (or powerful guns). So far there's one other character with a gun and it's plot-related about why he has it and how he managed to get it into Academy City.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #57
    shinnmoso
    Guest in the Playground

Now that I've written an introduction to my character, I think I can start posting in the Rail IC forum.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Now that I've written an introduction to my character, I think I can start posting in the Rail IC forum.
    Do you have anything in particular planned for that phone call?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Where did horngeek go? We need Tsubasa! XD

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

So I have no idea what's going on now. >.>

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show