New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 15: Eye of the Tiger... Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Also, Righty forgot the 13th. Let's review!

Captain: Is going on Maternity leave.

Vice-Captain: Is going to be jailed for being a Vizard.

3rd Seat: Is going to be jailed for being a grudge-persuing, guard knock-outing, moron.

Boy oh boy, 13th is looking sweet.
    I forgot Natsuko was pregnant My Bad.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

Shishiou would be glad to assume an interim position in the 4th. He certainly has the background for it, and if it's under the current dire circunstances, his dad certainly can't blame him.

Which reminds me, I should find something for him to do.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, Righty forgot the 13th. Let's review!

Captain: Is going on Maternity leave.

Vice-Captain: Is going to be jailed for being a Vizard.

3rd Seat: Is going to be jailed for being a grudge-persuing, guard knock-outing, moron.

Boy oh boy, 13th is looking sweet.
    If we're going by canon seretei laws Akio hasn't actually broken any. Canon Laws
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

1.)That's not an exhaustive list.
    2.)There's always the possibility our laws are different.

Certainly Akio's behaviour isn't the sort that should be encouraged.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    1.)That's not an exhaustive list.
    2.)There's always the possibility our laws are different.

Certainly Akio's behaviour isn't the sort that should be encouraged.
    1.) If it was against the law, then it probably would have been deemed important enough to be on that list.
    2.) I'm fairly certain I wrote "if" at the beginning of that.

And we've had plenty of atrocious behavior within the Seretei in our game that's not coming into question. Captain Kazuo's screaming metal death trap helicopter wrecking a good sized area seems fairly iffy. So does Magatsu's murderous outbursts, and Takaheshi's prejudice against Hannibal, and now possibly Karite.

And as Akio was acting captain he would have the same status as a normal captain. The guards have also broken the law as far as anyone's concerned by attacking Akio. There's no evidence one way or another that he attacked first, or that he didn't tell them to move first.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

This may be ignorance or stupidity talking, but I think we should solve the case of who's guilty of what IC, rather than here.

I have to say, though, is it just me or is the Central 46 really rough on everybody?
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    1.) If it was against the law, then it probably would have been deemed important enough to be on that list.
    2.) I'm fairly certain I wrote "if" at the beginning of that.

And we've had plenty of atrocious behavior within the Seretei in our game that's not coming into question. Captain Kazuo's screaming metal death trap helicopter wrecking a good sized area seems fairly iffy. So does Magatsu's murderous outbursts, and Takaheshi's prejudice against Hannibal, and now possibly Karite.
    Except when Akio decided to do that, Karite was Acting Captain. Akio did that during Karite's comatose state, before they could strip him of his rank. Therefore, Akio's decision to attack random guards is not the decision of a captain.

And, considering Akio just 'knocked them out', what do you think they're going to do when they wake up? They're guards of a Gate to the Mortal World, and Akio attacked them and entered without a legal permit. Honestly, Akio's doomed in like fourteen different ways. He entered the Mortal world, in pursuit of a grudge, which is against the Thirteenth's rules. He broke the rules his division set. You know, the ones where high level officers only enter the Mortal World as a back-up plan? Like Akio did in the first place? Hell, if Akio was beaten once, why would he go back for seconds?

@Inyu: Two people are guilty.

Karite: Hollowification. Definitely not fit for a position of power until such a time as when he can control his Hollow.

Akio: We've had this argument fourty bajillion times. Akio. Is. Guilty. Straw said so, Straw plays the leader of Seireitei. Frozen had a list of reasons Akio was guilty. Knight has listed the reasons Akio is guilty. By now, we could create a college thesis on why Akio is guilty.

Possibly Michiko: Gave a known Vizard a choice to flee. Her division witnessed it, so they might tell Taiki, who would put her in chains.

And for final clarification:

Akio was not acting captain, as Karite wasn't removed from duty, and Natsuko wasn't on maternity leave at that point.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #188

Except when Akio decided to do that, Karite was Acting Captain. Akio did that during Karite's comatose state, before they could strip him of his rank. Therefore, Akio's decision to attack random guards is not the decision of a captain.

And, considering Akio just 'knocked them out', what do you think they're going to do when they wake up? They're guards of a Gate to the Mortal World, and Akio attacked them and entered without a legal permit. Honestly, Akio's doomed in like fourteen different ways. He entered the Mortal world, in pursuit of a grudge, which is against the Thirteenth's rules. He broke the rules his division set. You know, the ones where high level officers only enter the Mortal World as a back-up plan? Like Akio did in the first place? Hell, if Akio was beaten once, why would he go back for seconds?

@Inyu: Two people are guilty.

Karite: Hollowification. Definitely not fit for a position of power until such a time as when he can control his Hollow.

Akio: We've had this argument fourty bajillion times. Akio. Is. Guilty. Straw said so, Straw plays the leader of Seireitei. Frozen had a list of reasons Akio was guilty. Knight has listed the reasons Akio is guilty. By now, we could create a college thesis on why Akio is guilty.

Possibly Michiko: Gave a known Vizard a choice to flee. Her division witnessed it, so they might tell Taiki, who would put her in chains.

And for final clarification:

Akio was not acting captain, as Karite wasn't removed from duty, and Natsuko wasn't on maternity leave at that point.
    I wasn't aware someone could make informed decisions about how something was run while they were comatose, or that I ever said Akio intended to fight Elder. It's also been established that Akio was acting captain in the same post that he fought the three Shinigami which was never brought up until now.

Edit: Is anyone wanting to play the tenth divisioners? If not then I'll probably just do it.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-04-05 at 09:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Yeah okay. Whatever.

I'm done now. I no longer care whether Akio is guilty or not. Because we all know he is, and you're just delaying the inevitable. We know his 'crimes', which you keep saying are not crimes, and we know that he will go to jail for these crimes.

Remember, we're operating on base military rules here. And attacking other military personnel is against the law.

And do you honestly think that Seireitei is going to believe Akio over three guards who will all testify against him? Considering Akio's vanishing after he attacked them? And the fact that Akio's reason for leaving is "vengeance"?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Terry. Riccaru. Please stop. I shouldn't have started balls rolling, but it's definitely getting heated in here.

When I have a chance, I will try contacting the other Central 5 members and gathering their thoughts. It looks like we may have a couple of trials coming up, at this rate.

11. - Top - End - #191

Kind of related, but as soon as Akio gets a good chance, he's going to be heading Elder's way again. He still hasn't quite had that talk yet.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-04-05 at 10:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Kind of related, but as soon as Akio gets a good chance, he's going to be heading Elder's way again. He still hasn't quite had that talk yet.
    He isn't going to get a chance if Ryouichi has anything to say about it.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    He isn't going to get a chance if Ryouichi has anything to say about it.
    Well they can't exactly keep him in Maggot's nest, so where would they put him?

14. - Top - End - #194

Well they can't exactly keep him in Maggot's nest, so where would they put him?
    The Maggot's Nest.

Why can't they put him there exactly?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

The Maggot's Nest.

It's kinda being transmuted into about five thousand different things at once.

Doesn't mean its no longer functional, just that it'll be difficult.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm pretty sure we've established there are other holding cells inside Soul Society proper; the Maggot's Nest was for the "hard cases". It only makes sense to have other prisons.

I point your attention to the location they kept Rukia in while awaiting her trial.

17. - Top - End - #197

The Maggot's Nest.

There seems to be... A mountain on it. Not to mention the structure isn't exactly suited to hold prisoners anymore, just look at Hannibal.

18. - Top - End - #198

There seems to be... A mountain on it. Not to mention the structure isn't exactly suited to hold prisoners anymore, just look at Hannibal.
    Who is a Captain, with crazy strength, has a Vizard mask, and is a Hollow.

Hannibal is like the epitome of Maggot's Nest prisoners. Akio is not on his level.

19. - Top - End - #199

Who is a Captain, with crazy strength, has a Vizard mask, and is a Hollow.

Hannibal is like the epitome of Maggot's Nest prisoners. Akio is not on his level.
    Who's had is strength slowly eaten from his body every day for the past 2 centuries. There were also a lot of other escapees, too. The point is, Maggot's nest is gonna need to be rebuilt from the ground up before it's fit to hold anyone.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

Once again, I strongly suggest that we hold off on any decisions regarding Akio or any Central 46 decisions until we actually get to them in the IC threads. Any further discussion won't help anybody.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu is going to be acting captain for a while, since even once he attains Bankai he won't immediately be able to use it at will. Eien Uzumaki is a jerk like that. On that note, we really should come up with Sakura's mission to the Mortal World for him, since I didn't get any details before Purple Rose left.

While he's there he'll have his breakthrough and finalize Bankai, leaving him able to get his shiny new haori once he returns to Seireitei.

I may also be looking forward to having him tangentially cross paths with some of the kids as sort of a wake-up call that there's spiritual beings way past what they've dealt with so far, since by that point his reiatsu will be in the middle of its climb to captain-level. Well, that and I'm pretty sure anyone in town with any spiritual sensitivity at all will feel it when he pulls out full Bankai for the first time.

I see things being uncomfortable for Izumi's sister, on that front.

EDIT: Also, anyone have an idea for how I can get Rex re-involved in the mortal world?
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-04-05 at 11:53 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

*smacks himself on forehead*

Personally, I'd be surprised of Management will even let Magatsu anywhere near the Captain's seat. But, once again let's worry about it when we get there! Besides, what would be the reason for letting the Mortal Kids know about higher forces? They won't deal with them anytime soon, they'd drop like flies. I'd be more comfortable with them coming into contact with a high-profile spiritual bieng who wants to track them down for meddling in his/her/its plans.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Magatsu may be rather... uh... stabby, but he also wouldn't have kept his position, especially under Sakura, if he wasn't good at what he did. Though yes, he does have issues to deal with, which is going to be part of his training and why he doesn't have Bankai yet.

As for the Mortal Kids, it wouldn't be any direct encounter. Sensing him would basically let them know that there's bigger things out there, so they should be on guard and stay careful. More encouragement to avoid complacency, if you will.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-04-06 at 12:50 AM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, fair enough.

My apologies if I'm being too harsh here.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, not at all. Magatsu's only had like two opportunities to show the non-stabby side of himself, and as a part-time GM I can appreciate the desire not to throw ludicrous-CR encounters at players for the lulz.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    EDIT: Also, anyone have an idea for how I can get Rex re-involved in the mortal world?
    If you haven't gotten him re-involved by that point, I was planning to have Nakahiro contact him after the current scene with the kids is over.

*coughifiteverfinishescough*

Also, when were you planning to have the Magatsu pass near the kids?
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Pixie in the Playground

just what i was going to say

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'm pretty sure we've established there are other holding cells inside Soul Society proper; the Maggot's Nest was for the "hard cases". It only makes sense to have other prisons.

I point your attention to the location they kept Rukia in while awaiting her trial.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Maybe he can meet up with Izumi and meet Chiyoko?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #209

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I think that would be a most excellent time to reintroduce Sora.

Because we're finally out of the whole "OMG SPIRITSTUFF" arc. Where Sora and Silva were banned.

That was getting old.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    That works really well, actually. I'll write a post later tonight having Rex go looking for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    If you haven't gotten him re-involved by that point, I was planning to have Nakahiro contact him after the current scene with the kids is over.

*coughifiteverfinishescough*

Also, when were you planning to have the Magatsu pass near the kids?
    It'd be a while down the line, once he's actually in the mortal world to do some good old-fashioned stabbing. I'm hoping to put together an episode for him and Nasumi as soon as Soul Society stabilizes a little bit, and once that episode's over I'll start a new one for his mission to Phoenix Town.