New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Masaki

"Don't talk at them, talk to them."

It takes Masaki a moment to come up with another topic.

"Anything else new with you, Ms. Sato?"
    "Uh, no, not really. Everything's been the same. Peaceful, I guess, and normal."

"Well,"
    she went on, "As normal as you can get in a city full of super-powered people."

After a bit, she stood up, and stretched. "Finished!" she said.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Sakurako

"Huh?"

Quickly she affixes it in her ear, pressing the button to open up the call.

"Hisagi-kun? Oh, hey there!"
    Hisagi breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank god Sakurako. I was worried about you, you hung up rather... Suddenly last time I called. So, where are you?"

Hisagi sounds rather worried for someone so unconcerned about his friends.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Futae
    "Now be a good boy and finish your parfait!" She then turns to Katsu.

"Anything else I can getcha?"
    "Yes, more cocoa please!"

Katsu seems to have been distracted by the people in the Café while Kei and Futae had talked but now that she is speaking to him his attention is 100% on them.

Or maybe just 90%, 80% perhaps...
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

The sky gets darker and darker until night is finally upon Academy City. Many car lights were seen driving down the roads as they went to wherever they were going. One pair of car lights in particular stopped in front of a large apartment complex. Three people emerged from the car, pulling with them a large duffle bag each, and then proceeded inside. After some time, the three people made their way up to the 8th story of the building and to one of the doors. After fiddling with the lock, the three crossed the threshold into the room.

As the three set their luggage on the floor and looked around the room. A young teenaged boy spoke out to them both.
    ["Why did we have to come here, mom? I don't know anything about Japan."]

The woman looks to her son and smiles.
    ["I'm sure you will get use to it soon enough, Jason. This city is suppose to be really spectacular."]

Jason went over to one of the windows and looked out at the snow falling in the darkness.
    ["Ya, really spectacular. If I wanted snow, I would've gone to the ski resort in the mountains."]

["Now Jason, I know you're not too thrilled about coming here. But this was a big opportunity for all of us. I get to look at technology that's about 30 years in the future than what we had back in California. Just try and enjoy yourself and go unpack. Tomorrow is your first day at school, so get all settled in. You may even see an esper at school. You'll never know."]

Jason slowly nodded and then went to get his luggage. He then walked down the hallway to his room, and placed it in the corner out of the way. He sat down on the edge of his bed and looked down at his feet. He wished he had his computer or something, but all that was being shipped to them separately and should arrive in a few days. He just sat there for a while, trying to get a grasp at the situation at hand.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-09-20 at 10:17 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hisagi breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank god Sakurako. I was worried about you, you hung up rather... Suddenly last time I called. So, where are you?"

Hisagi sounds rather worried for someone so unconcerned about his friends.
    Sakurako

"Eh? Oh..you know me. Just got into a little trouble with Sanin-san over some constructive critique of her wardrobe." Sakurako explains in a remarkably cavalier fashion, glancing up when Hinata comes by once more.

"Hey, what's Sanin-san up to back there anyway?" she whispers loudly to the waiter/ress, covering the mouthpiece for just a moment before returning to the conversation with Hisagi. "I'm just catching a bite to eat though...what about you? Did you practice your violin?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

One of Kiyoshi Jirou's most endearing traits was his persistence. No matter how many times he got knocked down he would always rise again, like a veteran prizefighter...or a badly painted weeble. Even now, only minutes after his latest humiliation, he was already working on his next attempt at greatness: Beating the world record for fastest milkshake consumption. Studiously ignoring the stares of others, the poor young fool drained the entire glass in little more than a heartbeat. Even the feeling that half his brain was freezing over didn't deter him in the slightest; All that mattered was getting out of here before fate finished aiming its next lightning bolt.

Still, things could be worse. After all, it wasn't as if he'd fallen flat on his back in front of Harada Rin or anything! And even if that had happened there'd still be a chance of getting sympathy instead of scorn. The only way to really destroy all hope would be to nod at her eighteen times in response to a simple question, and surely nobody was stupid enough to do that!

With these comforting thoughts in mind, Kiyoshi Jirou departed the restaurant with all the subtlety of a passing typhoon. Perhaps he'd have been comforted to know that he'd managed to bring happiness to at least one person there; Namely Hinata, who (thanks to Jirou's haste when paying his bill), had just received an extremely generous tip.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    "Uh, no, not really. Everything's been the same. Peaceful, I guess, and normal."

"Well,"
    she went on, "As normal as you can get in a city full of super-powered people."

After a bit, she stood up, and stretched. "Finished!" she said.
    Masaki

Masaki continues to stare at his computer screen, still typing in data.

"Excellent work, Ms. Sato. That's all for today."

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    "Yes, more cocoa please!"

Katsu seems to have been distracted by the people in the Café while Kei and Futae had talked but now that she is speaking to him his attention is 100% on them.

Or maybe just 90%, 80% perhaps...
    Futae

Futae winks again and skips off, singing along (surprisingly well) with the generic pop music playing in the background, and soon comes back with another cup of cocoa.

"Heeeeere ya go!"

Sakurako

"Hey, what's Sanin-san up to back there anyway?"
    Sanin

Everyone's favorite cook is, in fact, in the kitchen trying to womanhandle the almost hilariously large amount of ground beef. The trick of course is to cook the beef all the way through without burning any of it, all while keeping the most meat juice inside. It's a battle that pits woman against meat, mortal against the great forces of nature. Fortunately for Rin and Hongaku's reputation, this is a war that Sanin can win.

Gritting her teeth and wiping her brow, she battles the masses of half cooked beef.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Futae

Futae winks again and skips off, singing along (surprisingly well) with the generic pop music playing in the background, and soon comes back with another cup of cocoa.

"Heeeeere ya go!"
    Katsu sings along too (unsurprisingly bad) as Futae skips off and when she returns he takes the cocoa, and drink it!

"Thank you~"

Happy Katsu is happy, and filled with cocoa!
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #99

Sakurako

"Eh? Oh..you know me. Just got into a little trouble with Sanin-san over some constructive critique of her wardrobe." Sakurako explains in a remarkably cavalier fashion, glancing up when Hinata comes by once more.

"Hey, what's Sanin-san up to back there anyway?" she whispers loudly to the waiter/ress, covering the mouthpiece for just a moment before returning to the conversation with Hisagi. "I'm just catching a bite to eat though...what about you? Did you practice your violin?"
    Hisagi rolls his eyes at Sakurako's explanation. The chance of her getting into a "constructive critique" was more likely that she attempted to do something to poor Sanin. Of course, Hisagi knew Sanin, and winced when he realized what had happened to Sakurako. He laughs awkwardly at the question about his violin.

"Err... I'm getting to that. Eventually. Once I fix the power in my building..."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Masaki

Masaki continues to stare at his computer screen, still typing in data.

"Excellent work, Ms. Sato. That's all for today."
    "Oh, thanks!" Cici said. She bowed to Masaki, and left.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin
    [And the Massive Hamburger of Destiny]

Rin listens to Sakaruko talk on the phone quite curiously, but doesn't say anything out of politeness. For now, she fiddles with one of the menus and watches as Kiyoshi Jirou leaves. Poor guy. Maybe she should have asked him to join them.

As the phone conversation drags on, however, Rin starts getting a bit bored...

Dun dun dun!

The pale prodigy begins contemplating how best to get Sakaruko's attention away from the phone.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici - Streets of Academy

Once Cici left the building, her stomach grumbled.

Hm, hungry, she thought, guess I'll go get something to eat.

With that, she walks in the direction of Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri.

...What? It's pretty busy.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

As misfortune would have it Cici's approach to the restaurant happened to coincide with Jirou's departure. They met one street away, each turning onto it at the same moment so that they were standing at opposite ends. In the fading evening light it took a while for the preoccupied Jirou to even notice Cici. Maybe it would have been better if he hadn't seen her at all, because as soon as their eyes met the last vestiges of good cheer within him evaporated.

"It would have to be her, wouldn't it? I'm really not in the mood for this."

In an instant the introspective look he'd been wearing before vanished, to be replaced by a deep and hostile scowl. The eyes which now stared at Cici with unnatural intensity were all too familiar. They were eyes which she would have seen many times before in the halls of Onizuka Middle School: That of the resident school bully, Kiyoshi Jirou. Not only was this thug approaching her at a good turn of speed, he actually seemed to be changing course to meet her straight on. The message here was very clear; 'Get out of the way or I'll stomp you into the snow and make you eat it.' It was a pure and simple assertion of dominance.

It was also an annoying waste of time that Jirou would much rather have avoided. The truth was that he didn't have any desire to make this young lady eat a buffet of snow. Under his scowling mask he was tired, depressed and in the late stages of an icecream headache. All he wanted was to go home and sigh himself to sleep while trying not to smother himself with the nearest pillow. Unfortunately as resident school bully he had obligations to fulfil and a reputation to keep; Not much of one, admittedly, but that made keeping it all the more important. Tempted as he was to let Cici pass with a nod and a smile, that just wasn't the way that things were done. At the end of a day he was a big muscled thug and she was a female computer geek. The natural order had to be preserved.

And so with sad inevitability the two met in the centre. Jirou didn't even slow down as he approached, thoroughly enmeshed in the all too familiar ritual. He would scowl some more, she'd get out of the way and the world would keep turning. It was strangely comforting, in a way.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici did, in fact move out of the way, side-stepping at the very last moment.

She, of course, did not think very kindly of him.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

They passed from each others view in seconds, but Jirou's scowl didn't relent until he'd turned the next corner. Once out of earshot he let out a slight sigh and returned to quietly sulking. Now on top of everything else he had one more thing to feel guilty about. It was a shame, really; She seemed like a nice enough girl.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei continued to pack away his super sundae and paced himself until he neared the end. When he was almost done he ate as fast as he could to finish it before his will gave out. Once complete his accomplishment did little to abate the growing stomach pain caused by it. "Looks like I won't be paying," said Kei with the last ounce of strength he had left.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

Onizuka High School

Takeshi sits atop the Onizuka High school roof, a cigarette slowly dangling from his lips. He checks his watch, muttering softly as he stands, brushing down his school uniform before unbuttoning his jacket. He removes the Judgment band from around his arm, tucking it away into his backpack.

“What a dull day…”

He glances around the school grounds, and out into the city, smirking at the hustle and bustle, letting the cigarette drop from his lips. He crushs it under the heel of his shoe, making his way back into the school proper. He hums to himself as he pulls out his phone, sending a quick text. When he suddenly looks back up he’s surrounded by the Onizuka High School girls soccer team.

“Ala is go-“

Sadly, that’s as far as Takeshi got as the entire team attacked him, heaving him from the changing room and onto his rear. He pucks himself up slowly, brushing himself down with a slight huff.

“N-Not a dull day…a-after all…”
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Jason sighs and slowly gets off of his bed. He crosses over to the window, having a feeling that he didn't quite fit in the society that he had moved to. He leaned on the window sill with his head resting on his arms, looking out at the snow falling through the night.

After a while, his mind slowly pulled itself out of concern for where he was and at the snow falling in front of him. His full attention caught the grace of the snow as it danced and twirled in the air. This wasn't the first time Jason had seen snow, having to take a winter vacation near a ski resort once, but this was the first time he really paid attention to it. In his mind's eye, he imagined the flakes reacting to the air they pushed against as they fell. Causing them to move around in the fasion that they did.

After several minutes, Jason manages to pull himself out of this fascination. He looked down at the streets and silently watched as the cars passed by. His eyes then eventually found a large sign, which was glowing brightly in the dark. He squinted at it, trying to make out what the sign said. After a minute of concentration and remembering the japanese he was learning, he finally managed to pronounce what the sign said.

"Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri? [Genuine Japanese Cuisine? Well, atleast we have a restraunt near where we live. Maybe I'll go in and check it out tomorrow.]"

His rested on the restraunt for a moment later before he turned to go to his bag. He unpacked and changed into some pajamas, as well as laying out the backpack and supplies he needed for school the next day. He also grabbed an electronic alarm clock that he had packed with him and placed it on the nightstand next to his bed and plugged it in. He quickly set the alarm to wake him up at 6:45 in the morning and crawled into bed after turning off the lights. The clock only registered 7:30, yet Jason was trying to get to sleep. He was too set on the american time zone and he knew he had to force himself to sleep in order to avoid being too tired for school the next day.

Time passed as he struggled to get comfortable enough to fall asleep.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2010-09-20 at 10:17 AM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Sanin

At long last, Sanin finishes the massive burger and shoves it onto a food cart.

"Oi, part-timer," she calls out to Hinata, "Burger's ready."

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Kei continued to pack away his super sundae and paced himself until he neared the end. When he was almost done he ate as fast as he could to finish it before his will gave out. Once complete his accomplishment did little to abate the growing stomach pain caused by it. "Looks like I won't be paying," said Kei with the last ounce of strength he had left.
    Futae

Futae comes back when Kei is finished, taking away the massive parfait cup. Noting that the cup was pretty much empty, she winks and grins at the exhausted Azabu Ace.

"Good job, Mr. Popular! No charge for you! Hee hee! Anything else I can getcha?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri]

"Yes, Sanin-sama!" Hinata dances to the food cart with deft, elegant steps, then pushes it next to Rin's table. With some effort, he lifts the massive burger before the colorless girl. "Here you go, ojou-sama."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici - Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri

Cici enters the store. She goes over to the menu and looks at what's on it.

Hmm, she thought, I guess I'll have the Tempura Udon.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako

Sakurako seems oblivious to Rin's anxiousness, involved in her phone call as she was, chewing her bottom lip for a moment.

"Well...don't put it off forever. Otherwise you won't get any better at it. More importantly...why's your building have no power?" She says pointedly, knowing about Hisagi's abilities and being a member of Judgement...well she had to know if it was something serious or if Hisagi had caused it himself.

Thankfully(?) the arrival of the massive burger will likely spare her from any deviousness that Rin might be thinking, even if it was high time for something to happen in return to the Perverted Red Comet.

"Listen, I have to go. Practice your violin though! Don't make me come over there, you know it won't take me long to get there and kick your butt for slacking off!" Big sisterly scolding, as always, "I'll talk to you later though, alright? Bye."

And then she was looking to Kazumi, smile on her face, "Would you be okay here by yourself? I want to check in with my captain..can't help but worry, even on my off day!"
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-08-29 at 06:09 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin

Rin tilts her head at the massive burger, then looks up at Hinata.
    "Didn't I order a little of everything?"
    Rather than being angry or frustrated, she instead looks a bit sad and disappointed.
    "Was it just not possible?"

There is a tiny pout on her face now, but she doesn't look like she's going to make a huge fuss over it.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-08-29 at 06:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Hinata freezes. He isn't sure which is worse, facing sad Rin or watching Sanin have another breakdown. "Ah, but you see, the burger has a little bit of everything", he says, smiling nervously. It's not even a bad lie - chances are the burger indeed did gather a little bit of everything to itself during its making. At least, everything that was in the kitchen. "If you are dissatisfied with your meal, you are welcome to come and talk with our chef. But please, give it a try before you do. For her sake."

And probably your own sake too, Hinata adds mentally. Your so small and pale, Sanin might accidentally break your neck. And that would be just awful...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

And probably your own sake too, Hinata adds mentally. Your so small and pale, Sanin might accidentally break your neck. And that would be just awful...
    Sanin

As Hinata thinks this, Sanin walks by the table.

"Oh, I forgot yer eating saw, for cutting yer burger. Here ya go."

And indeed, the object Sanin places in front of Rin can be best described as a small saw. If it weren't for the fact that it's very clean and was in a restaurant, one could easily have mistaken it for a carpenter's tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Cici - Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri

Cici enters the store. She goes over to the menu and looks at what's on it.

Hmm, she thought, I guess I'll have the Tempura Udon.

Noticing that Cici hasn't been served yet, Sanin walks over to her table, notepad and pencil out.

"Welcome to Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri," she drawls. "Can I getcha something?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-29 at 07:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, uh. Can I have some Tempura Udon?" she asked.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Sakurako
    "Well...don't put it off forever. Otherwise you won't get any better at it. More importantly...why's your building have no power?" She says pointedly, knowing about Hisagi's abilities and being a member of Judgement...well she had to know if it was something serious or if Hisagi had caused it himself.

Thankfully(?) the arrival of the massive burger will likely spare her from any deviousness that Rin might be thinking, even if it was high time for something to happen in return to the Perverted Red Comet.

"Listen, I have to go. Practice your violin though! Don't make me come over there, you know it won't take me long to get there and kick your butt for slacking off!" Big sisterly scolding, as always, "I'll talk to you later though, alright? Bye."
    Hisagi sighed.

"I know I won't get better, but it's so boring..."

He slightly flinches when she asks about "no power".

"Oh... Well, I kind of... Broke it. On accident. People were talking while I was working."

He grins as she has to go, and seems to be almost... Happy, for someone who loathes other people so much.

It freaks out several people around him, all glancing at him, wondering what crazy thing he's going to do to them.

"Alright, I was planning to go to the cafe anyway. See ya there."

He hangs up, and walks towards the cafe, strangely uninhibited by the various people who dislike Espers.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Alanna

The blond girl sits on a bench quietly, glancing about idly, apparently waiting for someone. She pulls her hair free from its pigtails, before smoothing it with her hands and redoing them, though she still manages to remain looking slightly wind blown.

When she finally sees Takeshi approach, she arches a brow at his slightly dishevelled appearance. She gives him a quizzical look, clearly expecting an explanation without having to go so far as to sign the question.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Firbolg in the Playground

Takeshi groans softly as he sees Alanna sitting on the bench, trying his best to straighten his clothing. He takes a seat next to her, pulling on one of her pigtails gently.

"Bit much, don't you think?"

He smirks, readjusting the rest of his uniform before saying loudly.

"I walked into the girls change room again...they didn't take it very well...I think they think I'm doing it on purpose!!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

"Besides another kiss from the ever so beautiful manager?" said Kei playfully. "Oh no, thanks, but I'm quite full. I think I'll be heading off now. I really enjoyed it here though. I think I might become more of a regular."