New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [3e] Taking Creative Build Requests

Originally Posted by sonofzeal
    Concept: Henry the Indomitable
    Race/Class: Dwarf Generic Warrior 10 / Fighter 2 / Overwhelming Attack Monk 1 / Favoured Soul 1 / Generic Expert 2 / Generic Arcanist 1 / Generic Divinist 1 / Deepwarden 1 / Fist of the Forest 1
    Originally Posted by sonfozeal
    Wis + Con * 2 to AC.
    Just to nitpick... Deepwarden grants Con to AC at level 2. Otherwise a fantastically cheddar-flavored build!

Might I also recommend Pharaoh's Fist's Fistbeard Beardfist for dwarfy goodness?

2. - Top - End - #182

Quote Originally Posted by strider24seven View Post
    Just to nitpick... Deepwarden grants Con to AC at level 2. Otherwise a fantastically cheddar-flavored build!

Might I also recommend Pharaoh's Fist's Fistbeard Beardfist for dwarfy goodness?
    or maybe a Hybrid?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rankar View Post
    Request #72

I would like to have built the ultimate con artist in DnD you can think up. Level 12 and all books usable.
    Request #72

Beguiler.

Oh, did you need more? Beguiler 10/Exemplar 2 focusing on bluff. At level 15, you can lie so well, people will fight to the death for you.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

@Request #72

And make it a changeling. With rogue sub levels. 10 skillpoints/level and other subpar abilities, woot! And warshaper, although that deviates a little from the original request.

Levels in spymaster or the rakshasa race would work too.

Request #73
    And I want to see a hybrid of sonofzeal's build and Fistbeard Beardfist. Indestructiblely dwarfy, fueled by ale, and kills people with his beard.
    Last edited by strider24seven; 2010-03-11 at 02:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Request #74

One of my players has requested for me to build him a blaster type with as many at-will abilities as possible--reserve feats, soulmelds, vestiges, whatever, as long as he doesn't have to deal with per-day mechanics at all (that he has to use, at least; having spells to power reserve feats, for instance, is fine)-- and I want to see what you come up with.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

*cough* I believe, I've made a request 73 on the page number six...

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by strider24seven View Post
    ]Fistbeard Beardfist[/URL] for dwarfy goodness?
    Thanks. Very appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Request 75

Build me a Character who can summon to the EXTREME(I.e "Ohohohoh I have you now , Oh yeah? You and whose army?" WOP "MINE Bwahwahahah!) while also having asmany utility class features as possible. preferably under lvl 10
    Superspecial awesome bonus points if can also call a GIANT SPACE LAZOR.
    Last edited by Nidogg; 2010-03-13 at 11:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Request #76

A Neutral-Good elven generalist wizard, sort of a gish, but mainly a spellcaster.
    Possibly a metallic draconic flavour but no high LA. No ToB or setting specific.
    Last edited by Petrocorus; 2010-03-13 at 05:09 AM.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

A change to Request 66 (6?):

Any person who can use the Necrotic Line of Spells horrifyingly well :P

I'd settle for just cyst and one of the other ones if it was awesome.
    My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Request #77:
    Anti-magic warrior, someone who blasts away magic users without having a single level of primary caster himself. Due to his backstory, he especially hates all arcane (watched family murdered by evil arcanists with only a touch of necromancy), tolerating only good or occasional neutral divine and only outright exalted arcanists who've taken feats or classes to tie their powers to their alignment and taken personal risks to save his life. Vestige and pact magic would also be hated, and psionics and soulmelding etc would be at best viewed with suspicion on par with divine casters, probably with less tolerance as they tend to be independent of allignment and a good Psion or Soulmelder today could go evil tomorrow without a loss of power.

If you can, look at the first slew of Warcraft RPG books, written in 3rd ed, which includes a Spellbreaker feat and chain (base feat is a standard action single attack, forces the target to lose a number of spell levels on a hit; chain includes a spell-like ability of Dispel Magic). However I do not know if they're in the newer 3.5 release, the World of Warcraft RPG.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Request #74

One of my players has requested for me to build him a blaster type with as many at-will abilities as possible--reserve feats, soulmelds, vestiges, whatever, as long as he doesn't have to deal with per-day mechanics at all (that he has to use, at least; having spells to power reserve feats, for instance, is fine)-- and I want to see what you come up with.
    Convince your DM that the Warlock Invocations count as spellcasting, then go Warlock/Binder/Anima Mage. If your DM is okay with homebrew, then Reserve Mage is just about perfect for the character concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogg View Post
    Request 75

Build me a Character who can summon to the EXTREME(I.e "Ohohohoh I have you now , Oh yeah? You and whose army?" WOP "MINE Bwahwahahah!) while also having asmany utility class features as possible. preferably under lvl 10
    Superspecial awesome bonus points if can also call a GIANT SPACE LAZOR.
    Candle of Invocation > Efreet > three Candles of Invocation > more Efreet > and so on. Eventually, you will have so many Candles that you could just toss a fireball in a room and light enough for a small army of whatever you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    Request #76

A Neutral-Good elven generalist wizard, sort of a gish, but mainly a spellcaster.
    Possibly a metallic draconic flavour but no high LA. No ToB or setting specific.
    Silver Dragon with an elven bloodline? IS there even an elven bloodline? I guess you could weave some elven blood into your backstory and take levels in the Elf Paragon class.

Sure, you have LA and RHD, but you also have natural spellcasting to go with it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Request Number 78

I wanted the highest possible BAB while also getting 9th level arcane spellcasting. The setting is Eberron, no RHD, only + 0 LA. All books except psionics, no web content or dragon magazine. I'd prefer Int based casting, but any will do. 32 Point buy.

Thanks!
    Inner fear is your only enemy.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Il_Vec View Post
    Request Number 78

I wanted the highest possible BAB while also getting 9th level arcane spellcasting. The setting is Eberron, no RHD, only + 0 LA. All books except psionics, no web content or dragon magazine. I'd prefer Int based casting, but any will do. 32 Point buy.

Thanks!
    There's probably something better, but ... does Bard 1/Duskblade 8/Eldritch Knight 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight 4 work? That would get BAB +18.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Request #79
    i need a large character with no more than 1 LA and no RHD. he needs fight with chains that are attached to his arms, as that is how his teammates "hold him back". he shall also need to be throwing rocks, using large sticks, or whatever this feral man can find to bash peoples minds in without second thought. this needs to be based on a 36 point buy
    Last edited by gallagher; 2010-06-14 at 01:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

16. - Top - End - #196

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avigor View Post
    Request #77:
    Anti-magic warrior, someone who blasts away magic users without having a single level of primary caster himself.
    Spellthief // Monk 4 / Barbarian 1 / Fist of the Forest

Spellthief steals spells from the casters, so you can throw them in their face or use them for your benefit. Fist of the Forest gives up magical equipment for various (albeit weak) bonuses. Since you're giving up the benefits of magical items, you might as well take Vow of Poverty for those benefits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
    Request #79
    i need a large character with no more than 1 LA and no RHD. he needs fight with chains that are attached to his arms, as that is how his teammates "hold him back". he shall also need to be throwing rocks, using large sticks, or whatever this feral man can find to bash peoples minds in without second thought. this needs to be based on a 36 point buy
    Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/Reaping Mauler comes to mind as a grappler and hand-to-hand fighter, which a /Hulking Hurler would be more someone who chucks stuff around. Or perhaps combine the two, for grabbing opponents and throwing them at each other.

Half-Giant is +1 LA and counts as a large creature when desired.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    There's probably something better, but ... does Bard 1/Duskblade 8/Eldritch Knight 1/Sublime Chord 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight 4 work? That would get BAB +18.

Unless you are suggesting Practiced Spellcaster or other early entry shenanigans, it would have to be Duskblade 9/ Bard 1/ Sublime Chord 2 / Abjurant Champ 5 / Eldritch Knight (Or Knight Phantom) 3 for + 18 BAB and CL 18 for Sublime Chord.
    I was going to go Wizard 5/ Knight Phantom 3/ Abjurant Champ 5/ Knight Phantom + 7, that gets +17 BAB and 19 CL. But Duskblade-into-sublime-chord has lots of style points.

18. - Top - End - #198

Request #77

Concept: Magic-less Mage Killer
    Race/Class: Karsite (using LA-buyoff) Warblade 20.
    Components: Feat-heavy. Mage Slayer and Pierce Magical Concealment (CArc) are a must. Power Attack and Leap Attack will also help. Grab Boost Spell Resistance and Daazzix’s vest for pretty respectable SR, as well as Iron Heart Surge, and Martial Study for "Shadow Jaunt" if you can. Dip Fighter if extra feats are needed.
    Result: Will be able to shrug off a surprising amount of what your average mage can throw at him, with a surprisingly high SR for a PC that looks pretty human and his various Maneuver defences. Will be able to kill many mages in a single round if he can get off one good attack. If race is already established, perhaps distant Karsite blood could be activated somehow through his quest to become a better mage killer.
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2010-06-16 at 12:40 PM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Il_Vec View Post
    Unless you are suggesting Practiced Spellcaster or other early entry shenanigans, it would have to be Duskblade 9/ Bard 1/ Sublime Chord 2 / Abjurant Champ 5 / Eldritch Knight (Or Knight Phantom) 3 for + 18 BAB and CL 18 for Sublime Chord.
    Why Sublime Chord 2? Eldritch Knight only requires casting Level 1 spells. You might have to switch it and Abjurant Champion in order, but shouldn't the build work with just Sublime Chord 1?

... not that it makes a difference to your final BAB anyway, I guess.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

20. - Top - End - #200

Request #78

Concept: Max BAB and 9th level spells
    Race/Class: CW Samurai 20
    Components: Maxed cross-classed UMD, and a 3,825 gp scroll of Shapechange
    Result: Shapechange into something with Arcane casting, like a Dread Linnorm. Your BAB is 20, and you get 9th level spells and books thrown at you. Enjoy!

Request #79

Comment: Er, about 90% of this is flavour. Still.....

Concept: The Fettered
    Race/Class: Half-Giant or Neanderthal, Swordsage 20
    Result: Swordsage may seem like an odd choice here, but that's what this thread's about. However if you focus on Setting Sun and Tiger Claw, you should get the point across quite effectively. The former lets you send your enemies (and willing allies) flying, and the latter gives you a very savage combat style. Boost your Str enough, and nobody will notice you only have 3/4 BAB.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    Why Sublime Chord 2? Eldritch Knight only requires casting Level 1 spells. You might have to switch it and Abjurant Champion in order, but shouldn't the build work with just Sublime Chord 1?

... not that it makes a difference to your final BAB anyway, I guess.
    You get Song of Arcane Power at Sublime Chord 2, better than nothing at Eldritch Knight 4... Maybe my Eldrich Knight is not the same as yours, as mine seems to need level 3 spells.
    Last edited by Il_Vec; 2010-06-15 at 06:45 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

MY Request

SOMething quite boring really, using only the phb and the dmg can you make me a character that is quite combat based but with something else to make him/her a bit more interesting too? Also I would prefer it if they used a different weapon to the typical greatsword or axe.

Cheers!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jackolas View Post
    MY Request

SOMething quite boring really, using only the phb and the dmg can you make me a character that is quite combat based but with something else to make him/her a bit more interesting too? Also I would prefer it if they used a different weapon to the typical greatsword or axe.

Cheers!
    I'll leave truly creative builds to the resident builders of this thread. However, this link is here for an alternative:

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

a evil villain, Machinus, who seeks to destroy all flesh. he was human once, now he's more of a steampunk/warforged/golem cyborg. His lair is a TANKS-CASTLE (ohyeah!).

he(it?) is for a E6 world, so no more than level 10. haha
    any ideas?
    Last edited by Shademan; 2010-06-15 at 02:16 PM.
    Need a setting for your game? a character concept? any gaming related ideas? I make far to many to eat up myself, and therefor I am willing to share them. Free ideas! Get yer fluff here! PM me.

The friendly neighborhood gentleman perv is always ready to help!

on M&B:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne
    oh, and looting villages is REALLY good money, if a nearby lord doesn't stop by and give you a daily dose of rape.
    http://baetzler.de/humor/meat_beings.html

25. - Top - End - #205

Artificial Magic
    Details:
    The character was a wizard's experiment, being injected with chemicals and dragon's blood, need a character that was heavily affected by the blood and has magic and combat abilities.

Two flaws and a trait allowed

Give a character layout if you can

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

Request #83 (ish)

I need a CR (yes it's an NPC) 12 ish batman. Or more a Robin I guess. He's his boss' willing hand (boss is large sized half dragon warblade) Needs to be able to fly and be invisible (ideally greater), teleport (him and the boss), heal (in an emergency) and ideally create walls of force or similar? Any ideas?
    Last edited by Sc00by; 2010-06-15 at 03:30 PM.
    Avatar by Sneak (a long, long time ago)

What Hayley Said

27. - Top - End - #207
    Halfling in the Playground

Request #84?:

I would like to know if you have an idea how to create a character with the same fighting style as Jing (from the manga Jing: King of Bandits).

Basically:
    Stealthy and acrobatic in and out of battle.
    When in a fight he fuses his animal friend (a talking bird) with his right arm and shoots some kind of energy balls from the bird's beak. It can be a volley of small projectiles or a single big and powerful shot.

Level should be around 10-15. And the animal does not have to be a bird.

28. - Top - End - #208

Request #80

Comment: Requires the houserule that prone=flatfooted, but most people hardly even see that as a houserule. This build isn't too exotic, but is a personal favorite for core games

Concept: Bruiser with Tricks
    Race/Class: Orc Barbarian 1 / Rogue 19
    Components: Improved Trip, Guisarme or Spiked Chain, Armor Spikes
    Result: Rage, use your newfound strength to trip things, then sneak attack 'em while they're down. If you watch Mixed Martial Arts, this'd be called "ground and pound". Your attack bonus suffers, but your high Str helps compensate and you don't need a high bonus for this approach anyway. Your damage, on the other hand, will be quite significant. And since you've got Rogue skillpoints, you'll have a lot more going on than most people would suspect. If you can get your Use Magic Device up high enough to use a Scroll of Tensor's Transformation, that might be loads of fun too. Oh, and try to get the feat "Extra Rage" from Complete Warrior, if you get the chance.

Request #81

Comments: I briefly toyed with the idea of having him as a Lord of Blades ripoff, but that's a bit too straightforward for me. Unfortunately, there's not all that many steampunk elements in D&D without ripping off Iron Kingdoms (which you might want to do)

Concept: Technological villain
    Race/Class: Human Artificer
    Components: Construct Grafter
    Result: A human who's gradually changing himself and everyone around him into machines. Grab some Half-Golem guards, some Iron Defender Homunculus minions, and give him a variety of nasty wands and scrolls. Your only limit is gold.

Bubs the Commoner

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Request #85

Requesting a build for an abjuration focused wizard, primarily, a buffer with some all-round defense, a good counter-speller, if possible. Ow, and keep in mind that it'll be using core-only spells, thanks.
    Awesome Bleachatar by Terry576.

Previous Awesome Avvies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Levethix the Dray Arcane Swordsage from the harsh world of Dark Sun.

Fallout bloody mess avatar by C-Lam.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ursa Warrior PrC
    More to come... I hope.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Request #85

Requesting a build for an abjuration focused wizard, primarily, a buffer with some all-round defense, a good counter-speller, if possible. Ow, and keep in mind that it'll be using core-only spells, thanks.
    Uhh...that's already a build.